Merge Text From Two Cells

I would like to merge texts from two different cells into the third cell.

Example:-
Cell A1 - Tom
Cell A2 - Jones
Cell A3 - Tom Jones

I am using this formula in cell A3 :-

=A1&""&B1

But I get   TomJones  (combined into one word) instead of   Tom Jones  (two
words).
Can someone help me to modify the code/formula so that I get Tom Jones (two
words)

Warmest regards,
Salza

0
salza (60)

Hi Salza!

Use:

=A1&" "&B1

Note the space between the double quotation marks

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"Salza" <salza@tm.net.my> wrote in message
> I would like to merge texts from two different cells into the third
cell.

> Example:-
> Cell A1 - Tom
> Cell A2 - Jones
> Cell A3 - Tom Jones
>
> I am using this formula in cell A3 :-
>
> =A1&""&B1
>
> But I get   TomJones  (combined into one word) instead of   Tom
Jones  (two
> words).
> Can someone help me to modify the code/formula so that I get Tom
Jones (two
> words)
>

> Warmest regards,
> Salza

0
njharker (1646)
1/2/2004 7:25:47 AM
Salza

=A1&" "&B1
Not
=A1&""&B1

Regards
Peter

0
anonymous (74722)

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

Separating Date and Time in a cell

pulling certain characters from a string of text
I need to look up "certain critera" within a string of characters, then return that "certain criterea" to a new column. Some examples of a strings of characters may look like these: K5J091509001 Sample PO#S881009 K55sample PO CarrieRJR TJ5 My "Certain Critera" I have listed on another sheet, named "REP ID" K5J S88 K55 RJR TJ5 How do I pull out the 3 characters of "Certain Criterea" from the string of text and copy or enter it into a new column? Hi, =left(a1,3) "SaraMack" wrote: > I need to look up "c...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Automatic changes in cells

default text height comment
Is there a way to set the default text height for a new comment? Thanks mark (I've looked through help but can't find it if it's in there.) I assume you mean the font size? There is no text height available in Excel. A comment has a shape property and that is what you can use to change the font size. They didn't make it easy ... Range("D4").Comment.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font.Size = 12 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote in message...

Mail Merge to business cards
I am working on a huge project for work, creating Employee Photo ID cards. I have created a database for all the information including a hyperlink column for the photos. and am using business cards to print them on. I have two frustrating problems... 1. The pictures aren't loading into the cards. 2. I continue to get the error message "Publisher cannont merge with this number of pages" even though I have followed the instructions for the workaround. Any suggestions? Thanks Rita ...

Removing spaces from text #4
I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any easy way to remove this space? Use the TRIM() function. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1144876429.220961.309040@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at > the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any > easy way to remove this space? > I tried using that function but the results st...

How to split an account into two accounts
8 years ago I started my 403B and 401A retirement accounts with Fidelity as a single account. It did not both me that the paper showed them as two accounts and I should have fixed it sooner. Now that Fidelity is allowing me to download the information it is clear that I should have two accounts. However I have purchased 4 mutal funds every two weeks for the past 8 years and now to split them it appears I need to move 2 of these sets of fund transactionss to a the account. The move one transaction at a time is growing old. Is their an easy way or to accomlish a mass move of all transac...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Sorting Cells by Colors

Charttitle.Text crashes (Excel 2000)
Hi, when I try to run the following code (on an existing diagram): With ActiveChart Dim globalLstFile as String globalLstFile =3D "02 KOBA_XYZ_C3-06214 02- 20.7-20.8=B0C Touchprobe Mittelpunkte.lst" =2EHasTitle =3D True =2EChartTitle.Text =3D "KOBA Sphere Gauge S/N 38 538 (" + globalLstFile + ")" & Chr(10) & _ "color coding: red =3D Zone 1, green =3D Zone 2, blue =3D Zone 3"= & Chr(10) & _ "light color: measurements that contain spheres that are within 20 cm of the edge of the measurement volume" ..=...