merge/combine workshhets

I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis -
all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of
rows
0
Jeff224 (1)

Try this Jeff
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com...
>I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis -
> all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of
> rows

0
rondebruin (3790)
3/17/2005 12:42:04 PM
Or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:uNh686uKFHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Try this Jeff
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm
>
> --
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>

> "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com...
>>I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis -
>> all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of
>> rows

0
rondebruin (3790)
3/17/2005 1:12:31 PM
Hi

could you explain what you mean by merge - are you adding them together or
appending them onto the same sheet.
are all 75 worksheets in the same book?
what is the structure of the sheet names?

Cheers
JulieD

"Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular
>basis -
> all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of
> rows

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Need help merging selective data
I've got two worksheets, both of them customer lists with company/contact information. One contains the company name and phone number. The other contains company name and address. The lists contain mostly the same companies, but there are variations. The second list has companies not included in the first, and vice versa. The first list is more accurate. Basically, I want the addresses in the second list to become part of the first list, matched up with the appropriate company name, of course. I need to tell Excel to compare the company name fields and import the address when ...

Mail Merge postcards
I'm trying to do an mail merge to postcards that are 4 cards to 1 8x11 sheet, everytime I merge I get the same client on all four cards, then on the next page I'll get the next client on all four card. I want 1 card for each client not all 4. Is there a way to have 4 clients on 1 sheet? If you're using maile merge on Word and using Excel as the source, you should have «Next Record» on each cell. It should read something like «Next Record» ««AddressBlock»» after the first cell. "Terri" wrote: > I'm trying to do an m...

Combining two data sources in a Pivot table.
Hi, I have a large CSV data file that I am using as an "external data source" for a Pivot table in an (autoupdate) template. That works fine. It's the sales file created automatically by an application. So it's "sales.csv" and my template with the Pivot table is "sales.xlt". But I also have costs, so I have another file where costs are recorded manually. The data is in "Costs.xls" and I will have another Pivot table where I analyse the costs : "Costs.xlt" Now I want to offset Costs against Sales, so I am looking for some way to ...

Using Access query in MS Word merge
I have a query which is parameterized for the id of record. The id is found on an open form and I also have a button which opens a MS Word mailmerge document which used the parameteriezed query as its datasource. When I open the Word document the data connection is there and the document merges, but when I use the button on the form, the data connection is lost when the word document is open. How can I have a button which opens a Mail Merged Word document that keeps its data source? The code (found on the web) that runs the button on the form is below. Many thanks for wha...

Merging two excel files
Hi, I have a file that crashed recently which had several worksheets with pivot tables and other worksheets that had pivot charts based on these pivot tables. When the file was restored by our tech support I did a lot of additional work. I now realize that I want to "import" and old worksheet named InfCont from the old workbook into tmy new workbook and delete the existing InfCont worksheet. The old InfCont worksheet has pivot charts that refer to pivot tables in a worksheet called PV IC. The PV IC is identifical in both Excel files. Is there a way to rep...

Locking in merge statement
Hi All, I have a table which contains some status information. Table1 (device varchar(200) primary key, NumberOfUsage int) Now I have a store procedure in which I would like to insert new devices, if they do not exists. Otherwise I just want to update the NumberOfUsages. For this I use the merge statement. Now I have a question to the locking. Is the table 'Table1' already locked, when the ON condition is checked? I assume yes, because it is a single statement. I would like to prevent problems in multi-user scenario between concurrent users (as described below with norm...

Email Merge with attachment using Contact folder
I am attempting to conduct an email merge using the mail merge wizard to over 1000 recipients in a Contact folder. This is different from sending an email to a group/distribution list. This allows one to personalize the email as you would a letter or envelope. While I am able to succesfully complete and send the emails, I am unable to do so with an attachment. The attachment (a pdf file)does not make it to the recipient. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? Mail merge has never supported attachments. You'd need third party software for that. -- Russ Valentine [M...

How to combine 2 cells' text into 1 cell
Hi all, Assume Cell B1 is "ClassA" Assume Cell B2 is "MayMay" I would like to make D2 as "ClassA MayMay" How can i do that? I have tried to write as =B1,B2 it seems not workable~ Thanks. =B1&" "&B2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) <athatisme4@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129074458.845268.98090@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > Assume Cell B1 is "ClassA" > Assume Cell B2 is "MayMay" > > I would like to make D2 as "ClassA MayMay" > > > H...

share and merge workbooks
I cannot get this to work, and I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. I’m saving the workbook as a shared workbook. Then I’m saving test copies to merge. When I go to compare and merge I get a message saying the workbooks can’t be merged. “cannot be merged into the current workbook. Workbooks to be merged must be copies made from the same shared workbook (is there a special save option that I’m not doing ?) and must all maintain the change history for a sufficient amount of time (currently I set it at 30 days). -- excel student ...

Want to mail merge numbers into pub docs
How do I mail mergle gowing nummers /generte nummers Ingo i pub. duc? -- Jour Britta M. Andersen Box 109 3060 Esperg�rde Danmark Britta Mott Andersen wrote: > How do I mail mergle gowing nummers /generte nummers Ingo i pub. duc? Have a look at the raffle ticket tutorial at my website: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/training.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Britta, I'd love to help you but I don't understand what ...

Merge 1000+ cells into one
Good morning I am really hoping someone can help me with this. I have a worksheet with 1 column (A) and 1439 rows. I need to combine all 1439 of these cells into one, using the following format: A1 & "" & A2 & "" etc. Naturally, doing this manually would take several hours (and be extremely vulnerable to mistakes.) Is there a method using VBA that I could do this? Thanks for any ideas. Paul Hi, Try this Sub pvans() Dim TempString As String Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") Set MyRange = sht.Range("A1:A1439") For Eac...

how do i print a newletter using the mail merge and staple
how do i print a newletter using the mail merge and staple each newsletter? Each time I do a mail Merge and then try to use the staple function it wants to staple the entire print job instead of each newsletter. Publisher doesn't staple. At least my version doesn't. Hey Brian, how can I get one of those versions??? Now that I got that out of my system...........Where are you getting this "Staple" function? It's a printer feature, you need to contact the printer manufacturer. It's not a Publisher thing. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "wes&qu...

How can I print selected records merged in Publisher?
I completed a mail merge in Publisher which included all the records in my data source (Excel). Then I ran into printer problems. When I went back to edit the recipient list and selected the last portion only, it appears that it worked, EXCEPT when I go to print, it still has all the records there. Is the only way to do this to figure out which record numbers I need and print that range? I have tried starting over with the mail merge . . . it appears to work until I get to the print screen. Any ideas? Thanks! Brenda Are the entries you want to print consecutive? Can you not simpl...

Undesirable change in the way transactions are matched / merged between Money 2002 and 2006
Hi, I had been using Money 2002 for a number of years now, and I recently "upgraded" to 2006, and unfortunately I ran in to a problem. I manually download a file from my local bank (.ofx file, not using online services). Some of the transactions in the file I have already entered in the register (either manually or auto-entered bills). When money matches a transaction (either automatically or through the "change" button), then: In Money 2002: It would take the date and amount from the downloaded (bank) transaction, and the description and category from the manually ...

Autofit in Merged Cells?
Is there a way to get merged cells to resize with context (autofit)? I can't seem to get it in 2003. Hi Mick- Not sure what you're looking for. The width of a merged cell will be equal to the total width of the columns it spans. The merged cell be widened or narrowed as those column's widths are adjusted. If I've misunderstood, please post back with more detail |:>) "Mick" wrote: > Is there a way to get merged cells to resize with context (autofit)? I can't > seem to get it in 2003. The Height is what I'm most concerned with. I want the te...

Merging Workbooks to One File
Hello everyone - I have 57 csv files that I would like to merge into one Excel workbook. Each file has only one worksheet (tab). While there are no column headers, the columns for each file are identical to one another. Copy/Paste manually would do it, but it would seem to me that there would be a marcro available to accomplish this in an automated way. All files currently reside in one directory. Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Rich Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rich Palarea wrote: > Hello everyone - > > I have 57 csv ...

Combining VBA modules
I have 4 Visual basic modules that I want to appear in the same module. How do I go about doing it. Hi Anthony you can copy & paste procedures from one module to another ... Cheers JulieD "Anthony Byrne" <AnthonyByrne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140E1198-6823-4C9E-871B-97CF23931641@microsoft.com... > I have 4 Visual basic modules that I want to appear in the same module. How do I go about doing it. Thank you JulieD. That worked fine. You can expect more inane requests for help. "Anthony Byrne" wrote: > I have 4 Visual basic modu...

Combine two worksheets into one summary worksheet
I want to combine two worksheets into one summary worksheet so I can create a pivot table to chart dates along x-axis and numbers y-axis, legends being Open and Closed. My worksheet 1 consists of 2007 data and my second worksheet consists of 2008 data. They have same labels. Some general thoughts, maybe just combine it via quick manual steps .. You have 2 identically structured data sheets Make a copy of the sheet with 2007 data, then in this copy, copy the 2008 data, paste it below the 2007 data If there's no dates col in the original data to differentiate, then just use an ad...

Does it possible to merge these DB's
I'm Unable to merge 1. Old : i have the course code as the foriegn key. 2. New : i have taken the related ID to Trans ID .. Please check it here.. http://sites.google.com/site/backupsclub/heg.rar%3Fattredirects%3D0%26d%3D1&usg=AFQjCNE-wb_uJWuNyOYZxubzx9p3cekNdQ I do not go to unknown sites and your post is confusing. The subject of your post says "these DB's" which I assume to be two databases but other information looks like they are tables instead. What are the table and field names with datatype. Post sample data from each. -- Build a l...

Merging Data From 2 Excel Spreadsheets
I have 2 spreadsheets containing catalogues of products from 2 suppliers. One catalogue is the main one I use. The other contains thousands of products many of which I don't use. I would like to pull the matching information from the larger spreadsheet on to the catalogue I use but only for the products in this spreadsheet. Both sheets have a column with a corresponding product code that matches. Sorry if this sounds very simple but I have wasted a few hours trying to do this and would be grateful for any help. Jon Have a look at VLOOKUP(). This should do the job for you. Andy. "J...

Combining two types of functions. Select Query and DLookup
I would like to write a code that performs the following action: 1. If the value in a comboBox Project Number is 19912 2. Perform a select query on comboBox Task Number and comboBox National Site ID 3. If the value in a comboBox Project Number is not 19912 4. Perform a select query on comboBox Task Number and a DLookup () on comboBox National Site ID I tried the code below but it's not working. Any ideas on how to do this? If Me.cmbProjectNumber.Value="19912" then cmbNationalSiteID.RowSource = "SELECT DISTINCT [National Site ID] FROM [InScope Table] WHERE [Proje...

Integration Manager and Combining Payroll Transactions
I am trying to get blended overtime rates to work with our system. The problem I'm having is using Integration Manager to import the hours into GP10. We pay bi-weekly, but overtime has to be computed weekly. Our time-keeping program can export the hours on a daily basis (or payperiod which won't work). My question is, can scripts be used in Integration Manager to change, add or summarize fields for the input data? I need to use the date worked to determine which batch a record needs to go into, and combine records for the same employee in that batch. I know I can do it by usin...

Quote-like parent-child mail merge possible on custom entities?
I have a client on CRM Online who needs to be able to print out a form document for a CRM record that includes header information from the record as well as a listing of child records from a one to many child entity. The Report Wizard does not give us nearly enough control to print the document in the required form format. The Quote, Order, and Invoice mail merges in CRM do something very similar to what we are trying to accomplish, so apparently it is possible to get this done in CRM. Does anyone know how to accomplish a new mail merge template in CRM that merges a custom parent rec...

How to Mail Merge from the Web Client
Can anyone please detail to me if and how you mail merge a doc from the web client ( using .Net code i guess) ? i know that mail merge is feasable only by the Outlook client; in the Web client, using GUI drop down menu there's only the Email merge. Anyway i would like to mail merge an excel file from the web client of the MS. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Gianluca You could write a .Net page that does Word automation to implement a web-based merge process. There are examples of doing this (not from CRM) on the web. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---...

Mail merge question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C81A17.BAB51A20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've been reading about mail merge, setting up postcards, etc. I remember doing this when I did the tutorials in Publisher 2000, but = still not sure about it (I've never had to actually use it, but have a = few ideas about using it for postcards for people I have made flyers = for) What is the best program to make the mailing list in? I now have 2007 = and have Word (I know enough about to...