menu list options

Is there any way that i can a menu drop down list in B1 to display options
according to what a user chooses in a drop down menu list in A1?
in other words, if a user chooses menu option "A" from a dropdown list in
A1, can i have it only show 3 different options in B1, and if the user
chooses option "B" in A1 he/she will get a different set of options in B1?

TIA,
James

See debra's site for a example James

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl

"james" <james.condon@guidant.com> wrote in message news:erJW%23VDjDHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Is there any way that i can a menu drop down list in B1 to display options
> according to what a user chooses in a drop down menu list in A1?
> in other words, if a user chooses menu option "A" from a dropdown list in
> A1, can i have it only show 3 different options in B1, and if the user
> chooses option "B" in A1 he/she will get a different set of options in B1?
>
> TIA,
> James

0
rondebruin (3790)

Smart List Builder
We just bought Smartlist Builder. Are there any good resources out there for using it? Thanks! There are a few sample SmartLists from Great Plains. They are located in the document library on customer source. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "Wes" wrote: > We just bought Smartlist Builder. Are there any good resources out there for > using it? > > Thanks! > > > ...

Lost Menu Bar.
Hi there, I have lost my wooksheet menu bar in EXCEL. Even after reinstializing MS office it does not appear. Any idea how to restore it back. rgds Mdalvi. H Mdalvi! Use: ALT + F11 to open visual basic editor. View>Immediate Window. With the cursor in the Immediate Window type: Application.CommandBars(1).Reset Press Enter ALT + F11 to go back to Excel to see if the Worksheet Menu Bar is visible. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. &qu...

Distribution List Auto Respond
Hello all, Do any of you know of a way to have Exchange auto respond to messages sent to a distribution list? I do not want to turn on the Send Out-of-Office Messaegs to originator option on because all of the members will have their own OOF messages set up during our Holiday Closure (1 week). The desire is that when people send a message to our Help Desk DL during our closure they would receive a message in return stating that we are closed for the holidays. Thanks for any help with this. Mike Seattle Pacific University You may have to remove everyone from the DL except a temp user wi...

List<string> as class property ?

option "send picture with messages"
Hi ... where can i find the "send picture with messages" option in MS Oulook 2007 ? in Outlook Express you can find this option send picture with messages" in Tools -> Option -> Send -> HTML Settings -> send picture with messages option .... BUT in Oulook 2007 i couldn't find it .. so canyou please where can find it .. Thank You That is a registry only option now. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/72 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downl...

master list for auto complete data?
Is it possible to have a master list, in my case it's of names, in a workbook that excel will use for auto complete data for that workbook? Thanks Hi Tangy Go to "Tools>Auto Correct Options", select the "Auto Correct" tab and enter the abbreviated items and full names for those items you want Excel to replace. Ensure the relevant boxes are ticked. -- XL2002 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers.com> wrote in message news:_OqdnbKPa7IShELcRVn-jQ@rogers.com... | Is it possible to have a master list, in my case it'...

Filtered list
Hi, I hope that some one can help! I want to take a certain range of cells in the file "HCP_2005_upgrade" and filter so as to select all the cells that are not empty. Then select all the rows for these cells and copy them to a new workbook "W_V" in "sheet2". I have the following code. Three problems: 1- When copying to the new workbook I did not have the same column width. What should I do in order to have the same column width? 2- What code do I need to add, and where, so as to let the macro automatically find the last r...

outlook contact list problem
Hello, I've been using Outlook for quite some time and it worked fine. My set-up: At work an english Outlook 2002 At home a german Outlook 2000 To sync I use an IPAQ PPC with Active Sync 3.7 I've now installed bluetooth support and sync even with my SE mobile phone with XTND Before the contact list was on both computers shown as "first last" i.e. Tom Smith, but now suddenly it shows as "Smith, Tom" I checked the settings on both outlooks and it says: "first last" both in - Tools>Options>Contact options> - Tools > E-mail accounts &g...

Creating a list of info in A1 cell in multiple worksheets
How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple worksheets? I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90 worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell vertically. 'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro. 'Edit where appropriate: Sub CreateSummary() 'Starting row for summary: i = 1 For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then 'Control What column to place data in Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value i = i + 1...

Outlook 2007, proofing options greyed out in Editing Options dialog
I've just uninstalled the Office 2007 trial and installed a retail copy of Outlook 2007. For reasons I won't go into I've reverted to Office 2000, with the exception of Outlook, which didn't work with Vista. While the Outlook editor still autocorrects spelling mistakes, I noticed it isn't underlining unknown words in red any more. When I go into the Editor Options and select Proofing, all the options in the Microsoft Office Section are available to me, but the Outlook specific ones are all greyed out. Moreover, in neither of these sections is there a "Hide spe...

Cannot enable Blind copy option (BCC)
Have this option on my computer at work- use it all of the time. I have outlook 2002 and no matter what I do I cannot see the BCC button- it is not in the view section- it is not in the options section- it is not anywhere. It is almost annoying enough to make me switch to eudora. Why make it so i can't find or use it? Please help When in Outlook XP (2002) I open a new mail message... In the menu of that new message click VIEW There is an option to check "BCC Field" - check it. Enjoy, Terry "kentg@earthlink.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

"Optional" output of a Public Type record
Hi, I have subs and functions that take in and update public type records. No problem when: Sub Name(InRec As uTypaA, more args..... Is there a way to optionally write a public type ? VBA won't allow: Sub Name(Arg1, Arg2, optional uRec As uType = ??? I guess since there's no constant value to assign to the fields. I get the late bound error msg when I tried this: Sub Name(prior args....., optional uRec as variant = "") Dim uWantRec As KnownType uRec = uWantRec I can guess VBA must know the Type to initialize the fields....

Merge & Sort Dynamic Lists w/ Data Validation
First off, let me say thanks to the Excel Usenet community that has helped me over and over through these newsgroups. You are phenomenal. Question 1: I need to create a BOTH box that will dynamically pull names from both the "Chicago Office" & "Seattle Office" columns in my sheet. It is extremely preferable to do this without VB Script if possible to avoid the security warnings on opening the sheet. (Our IT department will not budge on this..) Detail: I have two lists of employees. Column A lists the Chicago Office employees. Column B lists the Seattle Office employee...

Random List from Query
For accrediation purposes we have to audit a random 10% of our cases each quarter I was wondering if there is a way to run a query or report that would let me show a random 10% of cases for a specific provider. ...

List of items with commissions
Is there a report that will list items that have a commission set on them? I want to be able to email our sales reps a list, but haven't found a good way to do it. The report I'd like, but don't know how to create would have department, category, item, price, and commission amount. Thanks for any help, -CP Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will enable you to create that report. Basically anything that is captured in RMS can be reported on in Retail Analytics. If you would like to take a look at the product, a quick movie is available at http://www.p...

How do I assign a set of values to a selection from a drop list?
Hi. I am trying to assign a set of values, in separate fields ,to a each selection from a drop-down list in Excel (using data validation). What I am trying to do is very smilar to, say, to selecting a SKU from a list and having the product description, unit price etc. fill into their corresponding fields automatically. For example, I pick SKU "11111" from a drop-down list to fill the SKU field, then, automatically, "5-inch widget" comes up in the product description field and "$5.00" shows up in the unit price field. Please help. Mike Along with the d...

Most Recently Used list (MRU)
My Most Recently Used list (MRU) does not always list the Most Recently Used file. Sometimes the file i just used shows up and sometimes it doesnt. I cant find a pattern to identfy why it lists. Basically, i would like it to show any time i open the file. Or, at least if i save the file. How can i understand and control this. I now have it set to 9 Most Recently Used files. Thanks, Dave The MRU will only show those files that you open using Files | Open.... If you use a macro to open a file, or double click on a file to open it, then those won't show up. You can use a macro t...

Distro List Managed by Users
I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights to add to and remove names from. The email distro list is comprised of all email addresses of customers that want daily updates from us. I would like this list to either show up in Contacts or the GAL. I am not sure how to do this in Exchange 2003 and I dont even know what kind of info i should be searching for to find this out. THanks. Autodl "Ken Cheney" <digexrules@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eEtxVmBLGHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights t...

Which option would you give....
Hi all The GM and her PA in our company has very big mailboxes i.e 3GB and 2.5GB and growing evryday. They start having performance issues like mail is taking long to open and to respond. I need to give them options on how to make their life easier by not having the issues but to make most of their e-mails still avaibale. I was thinking of the following : (they have outlook 2003 and exch2003 - GM has Laptop in cached mode) 1. Create a .pst file and put all the mail older than <a certain time period> in the pst and store it somewhere on the network and/or 2. Create another excha...

Select from a list
I am using Xls 2003 i want to make a list of item - let call it list A then i want to select one of the items in list A and another list (say list B) must give me the details of the item selected in list A. let use an example List A = 1) car 2) boat 3) bicycle when i select 1) car - List B show me 1) 4 doors 2) 4 wheels 3) stearing wheel when i select 2) boat - List B show me 1) sail 2) rudder 3) sailers when i select 3) bicycle - List B show me 1) 2 wheels 2) peddals 3) saddle can i do this in excel? Debra Dalgleish explains these dependent lists: http://contextures.com/xl...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Exchange 2003 Std. Address List permissions
As it turns out I have done something very bad. I was playing around with the permissions on the address lists. With the thought in mind to limit what users can see. I have 3 satilite offices that are coming online. And I want them all to see head office but not each other. Well I ended up adding a user group and applying a deny permission and now the user is the only one that can see it. The actual address list I am talking about are "All Contacts" and another one I just made as a test called "Non-Viewable" So basically now I cannot see it in the console. I have tr...

How do I turn off this option?
Thanks for the previous help in Excel, now I have another problem. Sometimes when dealing with numbers in a column, Excel will truncate/change the number. For example: 804112066509 will become 804112000000, but appear as 8.04E+11. Sometimes changing the column format will give the correct number, sometimes it will not. This can be really annoying when it's important to keep the correct numbers (i.e. dealing with product SKUs), and Excel changes 100 of them in one go so that I have to go back and re-enter them all. I'm sure there must be a simple answer to this, but I can find no opt...

Smart List export to Excel #2
Hi, We are using Dynamics 9.0 and Office 2003. When we try to do a Smart List export to Excel, we keep getting an "Exception_Class_Object_Exception" that references varying object errors, such as 'Cells' or 'Value'; the object errors will change each time we try an export. As a workaround, I've found that closing Excel before doing the export allows the export to complete successfully. However, that solution isn't acceptable, as our Dynamics users would like to be able to work in Excel, doing other tasks, while the export is processing. Does anyone...

Combo Box changes list based on another
I have 2 combo boxes. I select the first one and all the name choices are available. I choose JOE, I then move to the 2nd Combo Box and select it, I want JOE excluded from that list. How can I do this? Ultimately I want to expand this but for each combo box list I want it to exclude any names already chosen in other combo boxes. Thanks. On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 18:20:00 -0800, deeds <deeds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 2 combo boxes. I select the first one and all the name choices are >available. I choose JOE, I then move to the 2nd Combo Box and select it, I &...