Memories of Lotus 1-2-3 - How do I do this in Excel ??

Way back in the deep dark recesses of my memory I seem to recall some way of
extracting all unique values of a certain field from a database in Lotus
1-2-3 to a different portion of the spreadsheet.  I have a need to do the
same thing now, but like most of the world, I am using Excel now.  I can't
seem to figure out how to get this done in Excel...in Lotus...I think it was
with a data - extract command.

Thanks for the help !!

Put a label cell on top of the column containing the data
Click on the label cell and then pulldown:

Data > Filter > Advanced Filter...

Check Copy to another location and unique records only

FInally enter the destination location.
--
Gary's Student

"Eric @ SEASH, Evansville" wrote:

> Way back in the deep dark recesses of my memory I seem to recall some way of
> extracting all unique values of a certain field from a database in Lotus
> 1-2-3 to a different portion of the spreadsheet.  I have a need to do the
> same thing now, but like most of the world, I am using Excel now.  I can't
> seem to figure out how to get this done in Excel...in Lotus...I think it was
> with a data - extract command.
>
> Thanks for the help !!
0
GarysStudent (1572)
8/24/2005 2:35:09 PM
I knew it had to be something rather simple.....I'm just feeling my age today !

Thanks for your help...that worked like a charm !

"Gary's Student" wrote:

> Put a label cell on top of the column containing the data
> Click on the label cell and then pulldown:
>
> Data > Filter > Advanced Filter...
>
> Check Copy to another location and unique records only
>
> FInally enter the destination location.
> --
> Gary's Student
>

> "Eric @ SEASH, Evansville" wrote:
>
> > Way back in the deep dark recesses of my memory I seem to recall some way of
> > extracting all unique values of a certain field from a database in Lotus
> > 1-2-3 to a different portion of the spreadsheet.  I have a need to do the
> > same thing now, but like most of the world, I am using Excel now.  I can't
> > seem to figure out how to get this done in Excel...in Lotus...I think it was
> > with a data - extract command.
> >
> > Thanks for the help !!

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Contacts in Exchange #2

Emails #3

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

Goal Seek #2

learning Excel #3

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...