Maximum file sizes

Is there a recommended maximum file size for Excel 2000.

PC spec 2Ghz P4 with 256 Mb

Any advice appreciated

Deus
--------------
Does Not Exist
0
deus.dne (5)

Hi
have a look at
http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Deus DNE" <deus.dne@ntlworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there a recommended maximum file size for Excel 2000.
>
> PC spec 2Ghz P4 with 256 Mb
>
> Any advice appreciated
>
> Deus
> --------------
> Does Not Exist

0
frank.kabel (11126)

how do i create an office data connection file
i want to call a parameterized data connection. i want to eventually put this in office sharepoint server 2007's data connection library. every time i open the connection file i have successfully created that connects to the db, it want me to pick a table. i can cancel out of that and change it to sql and say to use a procedure, but i can't save this file, and the "Edit Query..." and "Parameters..." buttons are disabled so i can't set parameters. why is it so hard to work with this thing? thanks ...

Mailbox size alerts
Hi, I've got a couple of issues that my MD has asked me to look into, wondered whether anyone on here could help me out :-) Is it possible to send the Mailbox Size Alert message to someone else as well as the mailbox owner? (in this instance I need to send a message to the owner of the mailbox AND their immediate superior) Also is it possible to issue warnings based on the number of e-mails as well as the size? My MD seems to think that anyone with a large amount of e-mails isn't managing their workload correctly! BTW I am running Exchange2003 on Windows2003 Server. Thanks in adva...

Importing a .cdr file in Publisher 2007
Hi there, someone has sent me a .cdr file, is there a way to import it into Publisher? Thanks, Ulli You can import a .cdr file in 2007. Not sure about the version however. I cannot import CorelDraw 12 images into Publisher. Your sender can convert the .cdr in Corel to a .wmf or .emf or any other format. Try importing, Insert, picture, from file. If your sender cannot convert the file, send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ulli" <Ul...

Cannot view file after double clicking on a file with 2007
Also, when I load excel, or word. When I click on the main menu button up in the left corner it doesn't show up. Granted it is Windows XP, but we have 394 machines give or take and they all work fine in Office. And they are all identical software setups. "Chris" wrote: > Also, when I load excel, or word. When I click on the main menu button up in > the left corner it doesn't show up. Another thing, I called Microsoft support today and some woman named Vija answered the phone. She was telling me with the file not showing up until clicking the balloon this is how...

How do I reject file types
I would like to reject file types, can someone tell me where or how to do this? Thanks The best way to deal with it would be to get Exchange antivirus software, which you should be running anyway...it can do this and more. Favorites are Trend ScanMail or Sybari Antigen...other products tend to generate lots of complaints. For a list of attachment types to block, might want to see http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxj.htm B Tompkins wrote: > I would like to reject file types, can someone tell me where or how > to do this? > > Thanks Thx, I have McAfee Orchestrator now,...

Problem when opening Excel 2003 file
How come when I open a file in Excel nothing appears? Yet the same file will open correctly on other peoples computers. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bruce Weinstein wrote: > How come when I open a file...

XL2007: Read-only automatically applies to .xlsm files
Hi There, I don't know if its me doing something that I shouldn't do, but when I open a file which is a "regular" .xlsx file it is opened regularly. But if it's a ..xlsm file, somehow it's opened as Read-only. So far I've used the method of using the Save As ... command from the office-menu, thereby replacing the old file. A bit cumbersome. Any explanationtions and/or work-arounds ? Greetings, Peter ...

How to emailing file from Excel 2000 to 2003, cannot open??
I am using Excel 2000, and trying to email either as an attachment or as a file to a receiptiant with 2003. They cannot open it. And at some time I haven't been able to. How am I saving it into the wrong format??? Please help ASAP, am on location and needing to send a report. Thank you What are they receiving? Do they have Excel? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "bennyw0528" <bennyw0528@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78AED71F-93AC-4D41-8CC5-45FA965AEE2A@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2000, and trying to email either as an at...

How to Populate .msg File Used in Command Line
I have a .msg file I saved as a boilerplate for Calendar requests that will be programmatically started in an application I am developing. I want to be able to modify the Calendar request's date, time, duration, and message contents based on the user's inputs prior to opening the .msg file. After the user verifies the contents, he/she will click the <Send> button. Currently, from the command line, I can run "c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\outlook.exe" /f "c:\p_review\PR.msg" The Calendar request opens with the boilerplate. Ho...

Retrieving (re-importing) .pst archive files in Outlook 2000
Can anyone tell me how to import .pst archive files in Outlook 2000? I have tried Import from another program or file/Personal Folder File (.pst)/File to import/Browse => C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook ... and can't see any .pst files. In Windows Explorer, a search in the same location (i.e C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook) reveals .FAV, .LOG, .DAT and other files, but none of my .pst archive files. I have ensured that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on in Tools/Folder...

Size of Desktop
What is the size of the desktop minus any taskbars (eg a user taskbar at the right of the screen) ? Find out using the SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA,... ); API -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Ian Semmel" <isemmel@removejunkmailrocketcomp.com.au> wrote in message news:Oq3Lp6WjFHA.476@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > What is the size of the desktop minus any taskbars (eg a user taskbar at the > right of the screen) ? Perfecto ! CheckAbdoul wrote: > Find out using the SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA,... ); API ...

how do i search for a specific name in an excel file
i have a large file, (49,000+ names) is it possible to search for a specific name somehow without scrolling up and down the list repeatedly looking for it? Hit CTRL+F to open the find window, and in Look in: select Values. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496546 Did you try Edit > Find ? "cljenkins" wrote: > i have a large file, (49,000+ names) is it...

I can't print Excel document on legal size paper even with correc.
I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I can print documents that are letter size with no problem. I am using Microsoft Office 2003 with Windows XP. Thanks Choose Page Setup from the File drop down menu. Click on the Page tab and change the "Letter" to "Legal" >-----Original Message----- >I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal >size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I >...

Excel thinks a file is already open
Each time I open an Excel file, I get a message saying that a document with the same name is already open. I simply press Cancel, and everything is fine. This happens even when I have just started my computer, and I am the only user. (This also happens with Word files.) I have deleted all TMP files and all ~*.* files. I have used Scandisk and defragmentor. Please advise. Regards, Alan Hi Alan Look on this page http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

Event 9646
E2K3 SP1; Mixed Mode I received a few of these in my Application Log on the E2K3 server, but I cannot find any information regarding them: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9646 Date: 1/11/2005 Time: 10:30:51 AM User: N/A Computer: MXMA2 Description: Mapi session "/o=Org/ou=Site/cn=Recipients/cn=RMonti" exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session". The MS KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830836&sd=ee has the same Event ID, but does not reference the object of type "session&...

Importing data from an excel file
I have an excel file with contact data for customers. Now I want to import it into CRM 3.0. I use the guide but I am stuck at the manual import i.e. populate CDF at step 5 in the data migration framework application. Do I have to go to the SQL server and select the database and import into the contacts table? I am really sorry for the newbie question.. /Jonas Hi Jonas, You will indeed need to populate the CDF tables. You can do this via several ways of which using SSIS is my personal favorite. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blog...

lost Outlook files
Can I retreive Outlook files I lost when I upgraded to XP from 2000? Thanks Dave <dstoodley1@cogeco.ca> wrote: > Can I retreive Outlook files I lost when I upgraded to XP > from 2000? Depends on how you upgraded. If you reformatted the disk, you are Out Of Luck (tm). If you upgraded, letting the install convert W2K to XP, then enable showing hidden files and folders (Control Panel>Appearance and Themes>Folder Options>View>Show hidden files and folders) and search your HD for *.pst -- Brian Tillman -- Brian Tillman ...

Combine MFC with non-MFC files?
Hi, I met a problem... When I try to use a non-MFC cpp file into my MFC project, I remove the "Use precompiled header" setting to avoid include stdafx.h. All files compiled ok. But when linking, it returned some error message: Linking... uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)" (??2@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in libcpmtd.lib(newop.obj) uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete(void *)" (??3@YAXPAX@Z) already defined in LIBCMTD.lib(dbgdel.obj) uafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "...

Opening an excel file
I used to be able to double-click on an excel file and it would open automatically. Now, all of a sudden, when a double-click an excel file, only the application opens and I need to then browse and open the file. I find this to be a nuisance. How can I return to double-clicking to open a file? -- M.L. Do you have other excel files open at the time or does this happen when opening the first one? Mel;670895 Wrote: > I used to be able to double-click on an excel file and it would open automatically. Now, all of a sudden, when a double-click an excel file, only t...

Locating Outlook Notes Files
I had a computer windows clash. The hard drive has to be reformated in order for my computer tostart the windows agian. Fortunately, I had another hard drive, and I switched my old hard drive to new hard drive, installed Windows in my new hard drive, and manage to start the computer again. Now I could go to F: drive (which used to be my C: drive), and save all my important files to my current C: drive (new hard drive with fresh new Windows installation). This way, I could save a lot of Excel, Access, and Word files. However, I had many important Outlook Notes in my original hard drive, an...

Importing text files into Excel
Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to bring large text files into Excel. The data in the text files is separated by spaces. The spaces that separate the data vary in number. I have tried to replace the spaces with tabs while in Notepad but it takes too long. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Chris Open Excel and create a blank workbook. Then: Data | Get External Data | Import Data (this command might be something like Import Text File, if you are using an older version of Excel). Browse to find your file and click to Import it. Should open up the Text Import Wizard. Make...

Validation errors in xml file
Hi, I am trying to use a validation method against this xml and keep getting 'The 'name' attribute is not declared' and I can't figure out why. Here is my XML: <XmlCommand xmlns="http://intranet/hstServices/Schemas/XmlCommand.xsd" connectionKey="SomeKey" commandTimeout="60" appId="122" appScreenType="879"> <Proc name="SomeProcName"> <Param name="@SomeParam" dataType="Char" dataLength="3" direction="Input">MHR</Param> </Proc> <E...

How to clean 0x0E value from file when using XSL?
I have some code that cleans up an xml file before running xsl transformation on it due to what I call bad characters in the data. I have as an example: str = Replace(str, "&#x19;", ".") str = Replace(str, "&#x18;", ".") In there as filters to strip out characters XSL doesn't like and replace it with periods. I am now getting an exception of a hex value of 0x0E however can't figure out what the string replace value should be for this one. From what I can tell, it's some kind of "shift out" character whatever that is. A...

How do i print an excel file in the form of a booklet?
I have a list of phone numbers and addresse that I need to print in the form of a small booklet that I can carry in my purse. How do I print it? What program and how to set it up? Also I want ohotos on the left and data on the right side pages. I'm not sure excel is the best application for this kind of thing. I'm sure you could do it (after a few hours/days/months of frustration!), but maybe you could find a better application by searching google. Or even put the data into MSWord and use that for all the nice formatting. shireen wrote: > > I have a list of p...