Max row's available is too small

Hi,

I had two questions...I currently have Excel 97 and the maximum row'
available is 65000 and some.  If I upgrade to the newest version doe
this increase?

If not, what are some ways you guys go about getting around thi
restriction...

What i'm going to be doing is using an Add-In from an external sourc
that lets me do certain SQL queries....but the data returned from thes
queries may easily be larger than 65k rows....

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fran

Frank,

The maximum number of rows in all versions of Excel since 97 is
65536.  There is no way to increase the number of rows.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Fherrera >" <<Fherrera.16tnvq@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Fherrera.16tnvq@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi,
>
> I had two questions...I currently have Excel 97 and the maximum
row's
> available is 65000 and some.  If I upgrade to the newest
version does
> this increase?
>
> If not, what are some ways you guys go about getting around
this
> restriction...
>
> What i'm going to be doing is using an Add-In from an external
source
> that lets me do certain SQL queries....but the data returned
from these
> queries may easily be larger than 65k rows....
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank
>

> ---

chip1 (1821)
5/25/2004 5:28:15 PM
Frank

simple answer: no.  The maximum number of rows in any version of Excel is
65536.

I think the only way to approach this is fill one sheet, then move on to the
next, resetting your row counter.

Regards

Trevor

"Fherrera >" <<Fherrera.16tnvq@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I had two questions...I currently have Excel 97 and the maximum row's
> available is 65000 and some.  If I upgrade to the newest version does
> this increase?
>
> If not, what are some ways you guys go about getting around this
> restriction...
>
> What i'm going to be doing is using an Add-In from an external source
> that lets me do certain SQL queries....but the data returned from these
> queries may easily be larger than 65k rows....
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank
>

> ---

Trevor9259 (673)
5/25/2004 5:32:38 PM
Hi
in addition to the answers already provided to you i think in this case
Excel is not the correct tool for your approach. This sound more like a
database application or a dedicated reporting tool (e.g. Crystal
Reports, Cognos, etc.)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Fherrera >" <<Fherrera.16tnvq@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:Fherrera.16tnvq@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi,
>
> I had two questions...I currently have Excel 97 and the maximum row's
> available is 65000 and some.  If I upgrade to the newest version does
> this increase?
>
> If not, what are some ways you guys go about getting around this
> restriction...
>
> What i'm going to be doing is using an Add-In from an external source
> that lets me do certain SQL queries....but the data returned from
these
> queries may easily be larger than 65k rows....
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Rows and columns
Hi, Please show me 1)how to make rows and colums show all data. 2)How to make all rows and colums have same sizes. ----------------- I use Format/AutoFit Selection for rows and columns, but some colums are showed all data, some columns aren't. Thank you Loi ...

Detecting first row in ListView
Is there a method of detecting which row number is the first row displayed in a ListView when the view has been scrolled down? There doesn't seem to be an event that is fired when the user scrolls the list up or down. Is there another method of detecting the top row number in the view? Thanks, Charlie =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZQ==?= <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:843217DD-4384-4250-853C-4A96C5D004D7@microsoft.com: > Is there a method of detecting which row number is the > first row displayed in a ListView when the view has been > scrolled do...

Eliminate rows in a worksheet
I need to do a comparison of 2000 records from 1 month to the next. I brought in each months 4 columns of financials. I created formulas to subtract 1 month from the next for all 4 columns. Now I only want to show the rows of records that have financial changes. Data>Filter>Autofilter? Or Advanced Filter? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:39:01 -0700, Deedle <Deedle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to do a comparison of 2000 records from 1 month to the next. I >brought in each months 4 columns of financials. I created ...

adding lines of code to a macro to delete rows
Hello: As the last step of a macro that I have written, I need all rows at the end of this spreadsheet to be deleted. (The rows at the end of the spreadsheet have bogus data, and I need to get rid of all of those rows and leave just rows of "real" data--long story short.) Specifically, the row after the last row of "real" data is a cell in column A that simply contains the word "Grand". How do I put in code at the end that says "delete all rows at the end of this spreadsheet beginning with this last row that contains just the word 'G...

How to apply a formula accross all the rows when the total rows are too much in no. ?
Hi, guyz i know you can drag the formula accross the rows in that column t have that formula in effect in every cell. but i have some data lik 5000 rows then how to get that formula accross each cell, its painfu holding the mouse and dragging the formula accross the rows. please advise thanks in advance sorab -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi after inserting this formula in the first row double click on the lower right corner of your cell selection -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > guyz i know you can drag the formula accross the rows in that col...

Automating row grouping for 1200 rows
Hi all, I'm new to excel, so need some help with this. I have a total of 1200 rows with 10 data items in each row. I need to group these rows into sets of 2's (1 and 2; 3 and 4; 5 and 6...) and obtain the average of each of these row combinations. Then I need to repeat the same procedure for 3 rows at a time. What is the best way to go about doing this? TIA, Jayant Hi you could use a helper column with a formula like =INT((ROW()-1)/2)+1 and copy this down After this you could for example create a pivot table or use an array formula like =AVERAGE(IF(B1:B1200=1),A1:A1200)) for the fir...

Project 2010: how to set default row height
In Project 2010 I'd like the reduce the default row height in the Gantt chart view. Moreover, I'd like that the task description do not go on multiple lines. How can I do that? (By the way, I think that the 2010 release is oriented too much to very large screens, making life harder to people working on laptops). Thanks a lot. Bye Franco -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.francolombardo.net Scala, Java, As400..... http://twitter.com/f_lombardo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Good question, but you'll be better off posting to the dedica...

Pivot Tables & Multiple Row Entries
Hi, When there are 1 or more descriptive fields in a pivot table and the entries in field 2 or further on are repeated, the values in the previous field are left blank for each repition of the subsequent field. This causes problems for further sorting etc...unless you use formulas. Does anybody know how to ensure that all cells in the descriptive fields (rows in the layout section) are populated with the appropriate value? Thanks POD -- POD ------------------------------------------------------------------------ POD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

'Define Views...' option not available in Advanced Find screen in Outlook 2000
The 'Define Views...' option in the View menu not available in Advanced Find screen in Outlook 2000. We are looking for a way to set a default view in the advanced find screen or a way to edit the messages view to make it include the To field. We have users that want to see the TO field without having to click View and then the 'Send To' view. I have tried customizing the view but each time I exit it resets the view. I have also modified my 'Messages' view but it was done at the main screen and doesn't seem to phase the one in the advanced find. I also tri...

Entity Relationship Diagram available yet for Dynamics CRM?
Hey Everyone Has a full Entity Relationship Diagram available from Microsoft for download yet? Thanks for any information you can provide. Ryan T. Yes, there are Visio diagrams available for download (and have been for almost 1 1/2 yrs). http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DA8D5048-615E-43C0-AB31-8FB5DA70216B&displaylang=en -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Ryan T" <Ryan T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1962B90D-091A-4263-B36B-2454B28B5C71@microsoft.com... Hey Everyone Has a full Entity Relationship Diagram available from...

Service Pack 2 for Outlook 2003 available #2
Hello NGs, Service Pack 2 for Office 2003 is now available! http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=57e27a97-2db6-4654-9db6-ec7d5b4dd867 X'Posted to: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.installation X'Posted to: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.installation F'up2: microsoft.public.outlook -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Wednesday, January 12, 2005. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 162 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you ar...

How to create groups of several rows in sheet (excel)?
How to create groups of several rows in sheet (excel)? I am trying to create groups form several rows such as: +1 -2 -3 +4 -5 -6 That I can expand or collapse. Select the rows to group, then click Data > Group & Outline > Group -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:17,800 Files:359 Subscribers:55 xdemechanik --- "MIB" wrote: > How to create groups of several rows in sheet (excel)? > I am trying to create groups form several rows such as: > > +1 > -2 > -3 > +4 > -5 > -6 > > That I can expand or...

Insert rows in Excel Ledger problem
I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount and Total. The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order. I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell remains blank and will not update the total. I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought I could use to solve the problem. I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to where I want it but as ...

Easiest way to insert multiple copied rows?

Print only coloured rows of table
I am working on a table shown in the attachment as "Original table�. In this table if �Total Reqd� >0 then the Row of that particular item gets coloured by the CONDITIONAL FORMATTING formula. Is there any Formula / Macro in Excel by which when I print the original table I get only the coloured rows � As shown in �Required table after printing� Attachment filename: sample.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=557493 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would do this by using the same criteria as ...

Excel macro to insert rows if a cell does not equal the value above that cell
I have a spreadsheet listing columns of information for many different people. If more than one row exists for the same person, I'd like to insert 2 rows after the row so that the group is separated from the next group. For example, here's how the data appears now: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 750.00 Smith 5 100.00 Thomas 9 900.00 Here's what I'd like it to look like after running the macro: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 75...

how to select a range that start in diferent row
Hi, please i need help. I have some worksheets with formulas and the last formula in the rows terminate with the word "END" i have a expression that find that word "END" and select that cell. Now i need to automaticaly select and delete all rows until row 3000 below that cell. This word are not in same rown in all worksheets this my dificult. Sometimes in range p200, p50, p989, etc i dont have same start range. I appreciate yor help, please help. I'm not quite sure I understand, but maybe this will help: Option Explicit Sub testme02() Dim FoundCell A...

how to get the means and stdandard errors of every row in 5 coulum
Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different colums of numbers: specifically, how to get means and st. errors of every row in five columns. Thanks, Joanna "jt42" wrote: > Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different > colums of numbers: specifically, how to get means and > st. errors of every row in five columns. I assume you mean "of each row". The formula =AVERAGE(A1:E1) provides the average of row 1. The formula =STDEV(A1:E1) provides the standard deviation. The standard error is =STDEV(A1:E1)/SQRT(COUNT(A1:E1)) . Use STDEVP(...

Certificate of Deposit in Small Business Edition
I am trying to add a CD to the business assets. The program keeps sending it to a personal account. How can I get the desingnation done correctly? Is there a way to eliminate personal accounts? The program was purchased just for the business. ...

Keeping Rows Together
Excel 2000 I have an Excel sheet that has two rows that I would like to keep together on one page. The rows are formatted in such a way that they look nice together, but not so good when one row is at the bottom of the page, and the other is at the top of the next page. I could stick in a page break to force them onto the same page, but then I'd have to remember to take the page break out if I ever add rows above. I would have the same problem if I added a blank row. Basically, I want to have it both ways. I want to have the two rows always print on the same page, but I also want my ...

How can I highlight duplicates from 2 rows using set criteria
Basically I have a list of people from A2:A1475 who report into people in N2:N1475. I need to highlight everyone in column A who is duplicated in column N but do not report into themselves, so when row A and N don't match. I'm guessing I have to use conditional formatting but I really need help with it. Many thanks in advance Sam.D Maybe this suffices Select A2:A1475 (A2 active), then apply CF using Formula Is: =COUNTIF($N:$N,A2) Format to taste, ok out -- Max Singapore --- "Sam.D" wrote: > Basically I have a list of people from A2:A1475 w...

apply parameter query to multiple rows
I have created a parameter query that takes a single cell as a parameter and fills in the adjoining cell with data from an external ODBC connection. What I need is to be able to fill down the query so that it performs the same functionality for all of the cells below the original source cell. I have tried many variations but have had no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Unable to delete Rows in Excel
Question, I have a user that uses Excel XP and she has a really strange situation. For some reason the spreadsheet she created has made itself have 65536 rows and goes all the way out to like IF or something for the columns. And it is making the file HUGE. She only uses 120 rows at the moment and would like to remove the extra rows and columns. We highlighted all the columns then right click-delete but they don't disappear. Also when she tries to add a row she can't because she recieves an error that says unable to add more rows spreadsheet is full. Any ideas would be help...

How do I link information in the LAST ROW of a workbook to another??
Hi all! :) I'm new here, so if by posting this message directly, I'm not following procedure, appologies ahead of time. I'm trying to link information from one workbook to another. It's for inventory. We have a different page for each item number, and every time the item is adjusted, it adds a new row to the speadsheet. I want to be able to list ALL the totals from the different pages into a new file, so people can see totals by looking at ONE sheet. The problem is, the row number of the cell I need changes everytime the source file is edited. There doesn't appear to ...