Matrix/array question

I am trying to demonstrate the effect of changing scores on a cumulative
total. My table has 7 categories. Each category has a weight factor of
between 1 and 4, and can receive a score between 1 and 5. I want to create a
table showing all the possible combinations of scores, to show what effect
any change in score in one category will have on the total score. I realize
that I will get 78,125 results, but I can then summarize them to show the
overall effects. What formula would give me these results, or is there even a
way to do it? My categories are a2:a8, weights are b2:b8, and scores are
c2:g8. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel 97
I have a form with some textboxes on it (textbox1 and textbox2). When the user tabs from textbox1 to the textbox2, I validate the contents of the textbox1 in the textbox1_AfterUpdate event handler. If the content textbox1 is invalid, I want to keep the cursor in textbox1, rather than tabbing to textbox2. I have tried using textbox1.SetFocus method in the textbox1_AfterUpdate and textbox2_Enter event handlers. Neither worked. What is a good way to do this? Thanks. you can use the textbox's Exit event... Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) If TextBo...

Language pack question
I have in my default settings to use the English dictionary and my regions are set to English but when I spell check, it's french. How can I fix this? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "wntw" <...

Mailsweeper alias question
Can anyone with Mailsweeper for SMTP 4.3 help me with the following scenario? I have incoming mail alerts from an application that are currently succefully sent via Mailsweeper to a group email address. However I now need to find a way of diverting the alert email to a number of individual email addresss. I am thinking along the lines of using aliases but will this work given that the alias function in Mailsweeper appears to assign a value to each alias and may therefore only deliver the alerts to the indivudual address with the highest value? Many thanks for your thoughts. James ...

countif, but only using partial cell contents in the reference array
=MID(a1000,FIND("{",a1000,1)+1,8) This formula returns the portion of the cell that is important to me However, if I want to match a portion of the reference cell array t the portion of the criteria cell, how do i do that? =countif(a1:a100, MID(a1000,FIND("{",a1000,1)+1,8), 0) I don't understand how to change the a1:a100 to to only lookat th MID(a1,FIND("{",a1,1)+1,8) portion of it..... much thanks, jare -- jared ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jaredh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

a question of about http server
to All: here is a part of coder of My test! CIntLogin log_server; //CIntLogin inherit CInterssion CHttpConnection *m_Conncet=NULL; CHttpFile *m_GetSessionID; CString str="http://test.net/FPSLoginBase/script/FPSLogin.php?company=testing\ &userid="+GetUserName()+"&password="+GetPassword(); following: I want to use the log_server connect the str. if success, the Server will give me a success information, and give me another SessionID. Question: What Can I Do? it is appreciated for any reply! best regards ...

activesync questions
Hi all, We have a bunch of users who have one of the following devices:- 1. Samsung i700/i600/i730 2. Dell Axim 3. Audiovox 6600 All these devices sync in with our Exchange server 2003. We are looking to do some integration where one of our web based CRM systems that has a customer list will integrate with their Exchange calendar so that they can schedule visits/phone calls with customers. Ideally we would like to have a custom form installed in Outlook that will query a web service on the server and retrieve the Customer list and also have some additional fields such as category etc....

Exporting Questions or Nice Tool
I need to know if there is a tool that will easily let me adjust the fields in Outlook. My problem is that I imported 48,000 names into Outlook. We started associating the names with other contacts in companies. The filed is on the bottom on the Outlook contact form. When I imported the names I mapped the last name filed to the middle name filed. So now what I can do is export it into excel and then re-import-import. The problem is that the export does not include the names or companies that the contact was associates with. So when I do a re-import I loose all of the information. Does anyone h...

Great Plains product questions
Hello, Will the RFID implementation of Great Plains 9.0 support Alien Technology readers? Will the MBS Business Portal 3.0 still integrate with MS Sharepoint Portal Server? Thank you in advance. Joseph ...

C# Regex Question
All, I'm needing a little help parsing a log file using Regex. Here is an example line from the log. [2010-05-21 02:42:15,307] [WARN,CommandHandler] Duplicate entry I want to simply break the line into the following chunks: [2010-05-21 02:42:15,307] [WARN,CommandHandler] Duplicate entry I've tried the following Regex is some success: \[[^\]]*\] (?<DateTime>\[[^\]]*\]) (?<Message>.*) I've already spent quite a bit of time on my own trying to figure it out. Thanks for any help. Jason Newell www.jasonnewell.net On 6/1/2010 23:10, Jason New...

Question on CRM upgrade
Hi there, We have a MS CRM SMALL BUSINESS SERVER 3.0 running on Windows 2003 SBS premium edition, with 8 CALs. We are planning to upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Professional server, with 8 CALs. Anybody knows if it is free upgrade from CRM sbs 3.0 to CRM 4.0 Professional? How about the WINDOWS SBS SERVER 2003 PREMIUM to R2? Thanks, Cindy ...

Questions from a Quicken user
I have a couple of questions regarding Money -- specifically, Money 2004. I'm a Quicken user, and have been since dirt was invented. However, I've tired of the unfixed bugs and Intuit's policies, and am seriously considering a switch to Money. I understand that Money 2004 will handle my Quicken 2003 data conversion. There are a couple of "features", however, that I use as well, and am wondering if Microsoft has any comparable vehicles. 1. Does MS have a webentry tool (similar to Quicken's Webentry feature?) 2. Does MS have an online viewing tool (similar to Qu...

Need your expertise!! Excel Question
How can I have 2 excel documents at the same time?? I have Excel 2000 and for some strange reason the software doens't allow me to have 2 documents open at the same time, I have to minimize one in order to open the other one... Any suggestions... Thank you and happy new year to all... R. Hi do you get an error message if you try this? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Robb wrote: > How can I have 2 excel documents at the same time?? I have Excel > 2000 and for some strange reason the software doens't allow me to > have 2 documents open at the same time, I h...

System Restore question.
I have WindowsXP SP3 Where does the System Restore program reside? I want to add it to the programs to be left alone in CCleaner. Would I have to add some registry entry too? Desperate, Frank "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:Or8c58B3KHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have WindowsXP SP3 > > Where does the System Restore program reside? I want to add it to the > programs to be left alone in CCleaner. > > Would I have to add some registry entry too? > > Desperate, Frank If you're despera...

2 simple questions
Hello, I just have 2 simple questions, at least I hope they are simple. 1. Is it possible to setup message filter rules on the server, instead of within Outlook, and then have the rules apply to multiple users at once, such as through a policy? I was looking at recipient policies but those didn't seem to be what I want. 2. Is it possible to have address book entries that are of people who are not in Active Directory, such as having a custom address book of just fax numbers with POC information included in the entry without the person having to be in the local AD or even a foreign AD?...

Simple configuration question
To All: I would like to change information that I entered during the configuration wizard phase of the install. Specifically, I need to call the companies I do business with "Accounts" instead of "Vendors." I don't see anywhere in the settings where I can change this. Should I just reset the flag in the registry and rerun the configuration wizard, or is there more to it? I have no data in the system yet. Regards, Russ Go to Settings, Customization and Double click on the Vendor Entity (it's schema name will be account). Change it's name in the property wi...

Front End / Back End configuration question
I have an AD forest configured with an empty root domain named x.com and then regional subdomains...let's say us.x.com and uk.x.com. I also have an exchange 2003 organization with servers in both domains. I have a front end server in the us.x.com domain and want to allow users from the uk.x.com domain to be able to use it to access their mail. When I attempt to hit this server with an account in the uk.x.com domain, I receive the following error: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable I know that this is due to a permissions issue, but have not been able to find any documentation that state...

simple question: toggling between cell and text bar
If am navigating my spreadsheet with my arrow keys, and go to a cell that I want to edit (not overwrite), is there a keyboard command that will turn the cursor on in the text bar (and vice versa)...? thanks! Hi RodneyBD, > If am navigating my spreadsheet with my arrow keys, and go to a cell that I > want to edit (not overwrite), is there a keyboard command that will turn the > cursor on in the text bar (and vice versa)...? > F2. The bar is called the formula bar. Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com F2 (shortest reply possible <vbg>.) RodneyBD w...

Windows Live Hotmail Question: slugging keyboard when replying
My wife used Windows Live Hotmail. Whenever she types a reply her keyboard is extremely slow. It happens regardless of what email client the original sender is using, and only occurs when she is replying, not if she is typing a Word document, or even if she is creating a new email. Anyone every come across this problem? (Win7 and a new HP allinone computer with wireless mouse/keyboard) On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 16:59:48 +1100, blank wrote: > My wife used Windows Live Hotmail. Whenever she types a reply her keyboard > is extremely slow. It happens regardless of what e...

Rules Wizard question
Hi, I'm trying to accomplish something using the outlook rules wizard and was wondering if anyone has a way to do it. I would like to setup a mailbox that people email into (from outside the exchange organization). The rules wizard needs to forward the email onto one of two email addresses depending on the sender. There are two Distribution lists in the GAL (lets call them '1' and '2'). If it was sent from a person in distribution list 1, I would want it to be forwarded on to an email address, and if it was sent from a person in distribution list 2, I would want it...

Lot Matrix Import
I currently have a customer that has all Lot Matrix Items. I need to import these items into Store Operations and the QSImport does not work well with Lot Matrix Items, does anyone have or know of any import routine that I can use for Lot Matrix Items into RMS SO? Thank you for your help. -- Anthony We have a piad utility that can be used over and over again to do catalogue import as well as data import. Please contact me for price and functionality. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "Anthony Novielli" <AnthonyNovielli...

Question concerning DblClick & DoCmd.OpenForm functions in Access
I am running into a problem when trying to open a form by double-clicking on a combo-box within Access. I have a form named “Applications” that has (among other objects) a combo-box named “Support_Goup_Name” that links to a field called “Support_Goup_Name” within table called “Support_Groups”. I also have a separate form named “Support_Groups” that displays a combo-box named “Support_Goup_Name”. The Applications form is used to add applications and support groups to a given system, and I need to be able to choose either from an existing support group (this works now), or add a new su...

PST backup utility question
Is there a limit to the number of PST files that the PST Backup utility will work with? I have a user who has (egad) 120 PST files OPEN in Outlook at once. We have just set things up so that these PST files are on her LOCAL drive (she had been accessing them across the network), AND installed the PST Backup utility to back up these PST files to a USB hard drive hanging off her machine. But PST Backup doesn't see all her open PST files. There's not much documentation that I can find on this utility - does anyone know if there's a limit to how many PST files it can see? (for that ...

Question about the Windows 7 API CodePack
A question about this item: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/WindowsAPICodePack/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=3574 I installed it, built the solution, and figured that I could just set a reference to the DLL and use it in my code. Instead of getting one DLL, each of the five projects in the solution creates an 88k Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.dll. And when I set a reference to any of them from my program, I can't use the various interfaces and such. For instance, this code: Imports Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.dll .... For Each folder as IKnownFolder in KnownFold...

Design question
A general design question - I'm working with a web search/aggregator company that generates millions of chargeable click events/month - say between $.10 and $1.00 per click, i.e., non-trivial valua. Each click is generated by a customer ad campaign that is defined in CRM. (Btw, I'm new to Dynamics CRM - but have worked with multiple other CRM platforms.) At present, in the last architecture we took these into a 'warehouse' and then built extracts on a monthly basis to take to Dynamics for invoicing - a very manual process. One idea going forward (with Dynamics CRM i...

Min Value using array ignores Zero
Im trying to search a two column list using the following formula. Its an array formula which I know not very much about.... {=MIN(IF((Sheet2!$F$3:$F$3500=E3)*(Sheet2!$J$3:$J$3500),(Sheet2!$J$3:$J$3500)))} Its working almost perfectly. The only problem Im having is if the values are, for example: 10 2 5 100 12 0 It will pick the 2 not the Zero. I need to be able to pick the Zero in cases such as this. Does anyone have hints on a tweak to the formula? Gavin -- mauddib ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mauddib's Profile: http://www.excelforum....