matching items #2

Peter

I am aware of the using filter on what worksheet, however i am being
bit basic with what i am trying to achieve. I need the information t
be on a seperate worksheet in a completely different arrangemen
basically like a report with the information what i need being shown.
am strying to show the principle in what i am trying to do with m
quaestion.

Thanks anyway.

Ton

--
tony lindsle
tony lindsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1499

Lookup in a 2 dimensional table
I want to look up a value in a table. I would like to specify a value which determines which column to look in and a value that determines which row and then return the value in that row and column. For example, I have this table (not a real table) that shows the friction/pressure loss in a pipe depending on its size and flow in gallons/minute (GPM). Given a pipe size and a flow in GPM, I want to return the value from the table. 1 inch 2 inch 3 inch 1 gpm 5 4 3 2 gpm 4 3 2 3 gpm 3 2 1 Anyone have...

HQ and RMS can't set primary Cashier or Salesperson #2
Since we upgraded to RMS 2.0 and added HQ In RMS 1.3 we could assign and change Primary Cashier or Sales person on Customer accounts. NOW, We do not have a drop down list button on our customer accounts to set a primary Salesperson or Cashier. Is there a option to check to be able to have the drop down list appear on the Customer account? Or can it be set with a worksheet in HQ? -- DDowningMO HQ 2.0.0110 / RMS 2.0.0110 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office Server 2003 SP2 ------=_NextPart_0001_7F2C5488 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, Thank you for posting...

how to get same sent items on multiple pc's (exchange)
Hi there! I run Outlook 2003 and use two different PCs (home and work) to access my mail which are both set up as microsoft exchange. It is a webmail account at my university. I love how it works, except that I have this one problem: When I send a mail from home, it does not appear in the sent items at work and vice versa. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now, but to no avail. I think I m missing something simple... Thanks for reading my post. Any help would be much appreciated! Pieka You have not set the default delivery location your Exchange account then ...

FORMULA #2
Hi I am having difficulty in entering a formula i have created a time sheet and am using TExt to check the differnce between cells / times this is fine but when i leave a cell blank it gives me the error code #value! and this messes up my total box can i change the #value! to be seen as 0 any help will be appreciated Hi Brian Try: =IF(ISERROR(YourFormula),0,YourFormula) -- Best Regards Leo Heuser MVP Excel Followup to newsgroup only, please. "BRIAN" <BRYPOPS@YAHOO.COM> skrev i en meddelelse news:019001c349da$03143520$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I am having dif...

Control ID for Menu item...
I am trying to determine the control ID number for the Tools --> Rules and Alerts... menu in Outlook 2003. We are attempting to disable this menu item, but we need this control ID to do so. Does anyone know what the control id number is for this menu item or do you know how determine what it is? Thanks, Justin See if the Command Bars Browser utility listed at http://www.slipstick.com/dev/vb.htm#tools helps -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Option...

help with matching if
As you can see I am totally a noob to excel. And I have another noo problem needed to be solve. can someone please help me once more. Quetion #2: per say, I have a table of data, and I would like to exce to return the matching values from the table to a2. for example: [ ]|Y1 |Y2| Y3| X1|.54|.65|.67| X2|.56|.67|.89| cell A1=Y1 cell A2=X1 A4 will return the matching values from y1,x1=.54 Thx for the help everyone. Highly Appreciated -- augustu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- augustus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Msoft 'onecarescan' finds 2 high 1 medium .. but NO fix
Ive run the Microsoft One Care Scan . its reporting 3 issues it 'cannot' fix Browser modifier win32/BaiduSobar trojanDownloader Win32/QQHelper.KA these 2 are showing a path to a received file ha_winvideocapture_jy.exe (which I can see in the rx file file list ) Program Win32/ PigSerch is also found As far as I know , the exe file has not been run (by me) ..looking on the web seems there is no simple way to remove these from the pc ? AVG dose not report the file or the pigserch ... Q whats the best path to take .. I have d...

CRM 3 SO slow after applying update rollup 2
We have been using CRM 3 for over a year. I found it to be slow, but we lived with it. I applied UR 2 to our CRM server. I open the CRM client to our contact list (we only have 4500 contacts in total) and it takes 4 minutes til the first 250 contacts are displayed. UR 2 cannot be uninstalled. WhY does this make things worse instead of better? We barely have any data in CRM (database is only 230mb) so why is it soooooooo slow?! ...

Oe removes attachments #2
I cannot receive any attachments because oe automatically removes them. How do I change the setting? Thank you in advance. In a previous post muttered the following: > > I cannot receive any attachments because oe automatically removes them. How > do I change the setting? > > Thank you in advance. > > Tools > Options > Security Remove the tick from the "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box. Hope you've got good anti-virus software :) -- Regards, Catsworth In OE click Tools - Op...

out of memory #2
When I try to open a PDF attachement I receive the message "OUT OF MEMORY OR SYSTEM RESOURCES. CLOSE SOME WINDOWS OR PROGRAMS AND TRY AGAIN". This is the only program or window I have open (othen then antivirus progam) I double click on the attachement - the next menu comes up and ask if I want to SAVE or OPEN - I click on OPEN and that is when the message appears. Please advise. Thanks - DJ ...

Removing Spaces from Text #2
Thanks Andy! It worked like a dream. Satyajit Thanks for the feedback! -- Andy. "Satyajit Bhagwat" <satyajit@team-infinity.com> wrote in message news:ep9WdFJdEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Thanks Andy! > > It worked like a dream. > > Satyajit > > ...

displaying a comment only when the cell is selected #2
I'd like to insert a comment in a certain cell, so that when that cell is selected by a user, the comment is then displayed. I know this must be possible, but I haven't been able to figure it out.... I can show or hide comments in various combinations, but can't find a way to hide the comment UNTIL the cell is selected, and then display it. How do I do this please?! Thanks Hi Jeff, Try: Tools Options | View tab | select 'Comment indicator only" | OK --- Regards, Norman "Jeff" <no_em@ilplea.se> wrote in message news:JdidnecOi7ehGVbfRVnyhg@eclip...

Register balance and home page balance don't match
The checking balance on the home page, and the balance in the check register don't match. The balance in the register is correct. When I open checking, a window pops up saying the two don't match, click here to learn more, but when clicking learn more nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix it so the two match once again? Thanks. JP In microsoft.public.money, Rhomium wrote: >The checking balance on the home page, and the balance in the check register >don't match. The balance in the register is correct. When I open checking, >a window pops up saying the two ...

Citrix and Great Plains #2
Hello Everyone, I Have Citrix PS 4 Running on Win 2003 Enterrprise with Great plains client 8.00g44. My clients connects using Web interface. Every thing works fine and all of a sudden my clinets stops connecting to the server. When I checked the server event viewer posts the following error which is listed below. Your Earliest response to the query will be appreciated. Thanks Event Type: Error Event Source: Dexterity Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 20/01/07 Time: 12:13:29 PM User: N/A Computer: MYCITRIX Description: The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Dext...

Last Cell #2
I know this has been asked before but I cant find what I want on Google. I need to get the address or row number of the first empty cell in column A, either will do, I need to use VB to copy and paste data from ten sheets into one. A formula or a VB way would be great, anyway of identifying the first empty cell. This cell may be empty or contain a null string. Any help would be reaaly good. TIA Alan. to find the last row x=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row+1 to find the next empty x=cells(1,1).end(xldown).row ' or address -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com &...

import contacts #2
When i imported my contacts from yahoo only the email address came through. How can I get all contact info? What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer JPF (just plain Fred) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | When i imported my contacts from yahoo only the email | address came through. How can I get all contact info? ...

business portal project accounting #2
When will project accounting functionality be in business portal. We have a high need for business entities based on project data as well as making requisition management integrate with project po's. PA Time & Expense was a good start, although that product lacks alot of functionality, now what about all the other peices to manage projects in Business Portal??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...

Pivot Table
I have 2 lists of 100 items (rows) with 5 data elements. Each list has a common element, which can tie the two lists together. How can I combine these 2 lists and use it for the source data of a pivot table? Todd ...

2 questions not posted
I posted a question last night about the error "The query processor could not produce a plan..." but it didn't show up here. I've never had that happen before. It's in my sent items (in OE). I posted it a 2nd time with a slightly different subject and it's still not here. I don't find them when I hunt for them in google either. My earlier post "which query is faster..." is here and I can find it in google. One time I posted a question that had the same exact subject as another post and it ended up under that one but that didnt' happen h...

Printing 1/2 page postcards
I am trying to print two similarly designed postcards on one page but with different addresses. I am using MS Publisher 2003. Is there any way to do this? thank you Select custom in page setup, type 5.5 in the height box, Publisher will print two per sheet. This is the setup you will use for mail merge and two cards per sheet. If each card is an individual piece, you will have to setup a custom size in your printer. You can use a mail merge or print one card at a time, manually changing the data each time. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

The item could not be deleted, it was either moved or already deleted, or access
The item could not be deleted, it was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied this is the error i recieve when i try to delete a message from the sent items that is stored on the server. The email can not be moved, or deleted, i even tried the hard delete. the message is obivously corrupted any ideas...please help ...

matching part numbers dispersed in two columns
Hello - I work with price lists in Excel. I want to match lists whos main columns are part numbers. Problem is that there are part number that do not match in between the two lists. For example, the part numbers column in one list (I'll call it "A")ma have the part numbers 72579, 72580, 72581, 72582, 72583. The par numbers column in the other list (I'll call it "B") may have 72579 72580, 72582, 72583, 72584. I want to match the numbers from list "B" to list "A". If Excel coul just line up the matching numbers on a new column (and leaving blan ...

Synchronisation #2
IM LOOKING FOR ASOFTWARE TO SYNCHRONISE BETWEEN MY PALM - VX AND THE OUTLOOK SPECIALY FOR CONTACTS. ...

Outlook 2002 Moving Items to Deleted Items
Strange problem, my outlook is moving new items to the deleted item folder. They appear in the inbox for about 1 second and then are moved I deleted all my rules and the problem still presists. Its only on m POP account too, not on the IMAP account (exchange 5.5). The names ar not listed in the junk mail list either.. any ideas? Is it someho holding onto my rules even though I deleted them and they are no showing up any more in the rules list (which is empty). Any help would be great ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and po...

2 questions #5
hi, can I use a barcode scanner with excel to enter in data? Failing that is this possible in excel - have 300 items (people), enter some of their numbers in a box at the same time e.g 5,99,24,56 this would then enter the current time into a field on each of their rows? Is this to much for excel or am I looking at access? Basically we are having a 24hr bike race for charity, each team/person would do a lap, so need start, stop and lap counter data. thanks andym Hi Andy, A barcode scanner is essentially a keyboard. so the answer is yes it can be used to enter data into Excel. I don'...