matching contents #2

E1 thru E10 contains sequentially-sorted data.  B1 thru B6 contains
sequentially-sorted data which matches SOME (but not ALL) of the data
in Col A.  For example.

       B    E
1      1    1
2      3    2
3      4    3
4      5    4
5      6    5
6     10    6
7           7
8           8
9           9
10         10

I need to move the data in the cells in Col B next to the cells in
Col E that have the same contents.  For example:

       B    E
1      1    1
2           2
3      3    3
4      4    4
5      5    5
6      6    6
7           7
8           8
9           9
10    10   10

Besides dragging and dropping, is there a better way to do this?

(In my actual spreadsheet, Col B contains 718 cells and Col E
contains 65,530 cells).

0
gcotterl (63)

Mr.David McRitchie has prepared a sophiticated sub called "pushdown_high"
I think that would solve your problem
url is
www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pushdown.htm

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

====================================

<gcotterl@co.riverside.ca.us> wrote in message
> E1 thru E10 contains sequentially-sorted data.  B1 thru B6 contains
> sequentially-sorted data which matches SOME (but not ALL) of the data
> in Col A.  For example.
>
>        B    E
> 1      1    1
> 2      3    2
> 3      4    3
> 4      5    4
> 5      6    5
> 6     10    6
> 7           7
> 8           8
> 9           9
> 10         10
>
> I need to move the data in the cells in Col B next to the cells in
> Col E that have the same contents.  For example:
>
>        B    E
> 1      1    1
> 2           2
> 3      3    3
> 4      4    4
> 5      5    5
> 6      6    6
> 7           7
> 8           8
> 9           9
> 10    10   10
>
> Besides dragging and dropping, is there a better way to do this?
>
> (In my actual spreadsheet, Col B contains 718 cells and Col E
> contains 65,530 cells).

UoyJFLJUtpTYnSpioCp #2
I bookmarked this guestbook., ...

OWA strange problem #2
I have a general mailbox that users access using outlook 2003 (internal) and OWA (Exchange 2003) external. If the message in the inbox, the external user can open it and save the attachments with no problem. If the message is moved to a sub folder withen the inbox, then the user can't access some of the emails and some of the attachments as well. When double click on the message, we get "page can't be found. HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS)" Yet, from outlook 2003, we can access this email fine and save the attachments w...

2 FONT Color menu boxes that can display 2 different colors independently
Hi I need help with a code that can allow 2 FONT Color menu boxes in the toolbar that can allow me to display 2 different colors at one time independently. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements AFAIK, you can't have independent font colour buttons. You could record the steps as you apply font colour to a cell, then assi...

Countif( 2 criteria = true ?)
Hi can you please help me... I am trying count the number of items based on 2 criteria can you please help me..? Basically I have a sheet and in col A I have Code and col B I have name. eg: Col A - Col B 1001 - Mike 1001 - Dave 1001 - Keith 1002 - Terry 1001 - Mike What I am trynig to do is count how many say ("Mike" col B) with code of say ("1001" col A). so the answer according to the above will be "2". I know I can use the dsum function to do this but the problem is I am trying to get a formula in 1 cell to do the job as opposed to 2 rows + 3 columns.. he...

PLease help: How to activate activeX control? #2
Thanks but if I want to SetTimer in the control and the HWND is NULL, I cannot create timer event. Then, I must use visible control? Anthony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> When a control is set to be invisible at run time it does not have a HWND internally (IE hWnd == NULL). (It does from the container programs perspective, but that is irrelevant). Take a look at the VB Common Dialog Control for an...

How do I view complete text content in an Excel Comment box?
When scrolling over comment boxes in Excel, I can only partially view note content. Is it possible to specifiy the size of the comment box OR is there any simple method available to view complete contents of comment box while scrolling over? Right-click>Edit Comment>Drag to re-size. Or re-size all using code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html#Resize Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 02:41:01 -0700, Deaglan1 <Deaglan1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When scrolling over comment boxes in Excel, I can only partially view note ...

Time sheet calculations #2
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which needs a little tinkering - We are tracking employee time on site for contracting to a third party. Column C has start time, Column D has end time. Up to now Column E has the following calculation D-C, to give total time.So now I would like to have a calculation in Column E which works out the total time, and displays that time up to the agreed 8 hr day, then the remainder of the time goes in Column F as overtime. Any suggestions ??? Hi, Use this as you column D formula to work out basic hours and note this will also handle time over midnight =3DMIN(8,(D1-...

Installing CRM 1.2
Hi, I've tried to install CRM 1.2 in a Win 2K server with Exchange 2000 and SQL Server 2000. The Active Directory is in native mode but, when setup starts, a message box appears saying that I must have my active directory in native mode. Any ideas? > I've tried to install CRM 1.2 in a Win 2K server with Exchange 2000 and SQL > Server 2000. > The Active Directory is in native mode but, when setup starts, a message box > appears saying that I must have my active directory in native mode. 1. Log on to Domain Controller machine using an account that is a member of the do...

.NET Framework 1.1 or 2.0
SQL2005 by default utilize .NET Framework 2.0. In the CRM implementation guideline, it mentioned to switch SQL2005 to .NET Framework 1.1. I am using the December 2006 version of the CRM 3.0 and is wondering if what the implementation guideline suggested still applies. Isn't .NET 2.0 compatible with 1.1? What will happen if I don't tell SQL2005 to use 1.1? What are the consequences? -- Regards, Andy Hi, You need to specify that the CRM Website must use .NET Framework 1.1 while Reports uses .NET Framework 2.0. To download the latest implementation guide, visit : http://...

Unable to Link a BOFA California Account #2
Hey. Really want to thank Chester for the following link: https://sitekey.bankofamerica.com/sas/pfmEnrollEntryPoint.do?target=MODEL&req=MON I have been trying to download BOA California for a few weeks now with no success. Turns out since I use Quicken as well you have to make a choice, either you download to MS Money or download to Quicken. I now know I simply can't access BOA through MS Money because I really am prone to Quicken. Personally, I think from what information I have gathered thus far "Yodlee Money Center" is the way to go as far as monitoring accounts goe...

gmail #2
I'm trying to add a new email account to my outlook, but I don't know what catagory gmail falls into? PoP3, IMAP, etc? Check out gmail's website, it has specific instructions (which you need to follow) to use gmail with Outlook. "What Catagory is Gmail?" <What Catagory is Gmail?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5834BEA-5E44-4F21-9E1F-033ABAE45FF3@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to add a new email account to my outlook, but I don't know what > catagory gmail falls into? PoP3, IMAP, etc? Gmail is a POP3 Server The general sett...

Html Add-in #2
Hi ..Did anybody used the html addin or used the fire event(perform add item) if so then please provide an example as i really need it..thanks Faisal ...

Removing External Links #2
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that seems to think it needs to link to another spreadsheet, but I know better! I looked under Edit>Links and found the file name and searched for it on all worksheets. I could not find it in the formulas. I checked my named ranges and none of them contain the offending file name. I have buttons to which I have assigned macros, and none of them point to a macro contained in the offending file. Does anyone have other ideas where I might look to remove this external reference? By the way, I am running 2000, which doesn't have the ability to break links. ...

Buy 2 get 1 50%?
Hello everyone Just a quick question: I am trying to set up discounts in RMS... I would like to use the Mix and Match feature, but I need to do a percentage discount on the item as opposed to a fixed cost discount(last I tried RMS did not allow the % character in it's string value). I need to have items automatically get discounted as they are added to the line, so don't want to Shift-F3 if I can avoid it. Thanks. The only way to do this would to use a custom discout addon. Below is one of the ones that are available. http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/StoreOperations/Mix&M...

BMP to JPG #2
My sofware is storing screen snapshots to a BMP file. I would like to transform BMP to JPG to save disk space. Does anyone know of some good code that can transform bmp to jpg? Oyvind there are many Freeware Libaray available for doing this, you can check this link http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/cximage.asp -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" "Oyvind Hansen" <oyvind@scantrol.no> wrote in message news:P1zVd.440$ai7.8612@news2.e.nsc.no... > My sofware is storing screen snaps...

Need to bring back 2 vlookup values
1 Week Ending Mar 28, 2010 TOTAL US - GROC 100 __________________________________________ I need to return back the number 100 when I have two vlookup functions that differ - e.g. first vlookup value would have be '1 Week Ending Mar 28, 2010' and the second vlookup value would be 'TOTAL US - GROC' once those are both found, the number 100 would come back. How do you do two vlookups to get one number back? I have been using sumproduct but it takes a long time to get my data back. -- Thank you Try this array formula =INDEX(C2:C200,MATCH(1,(B2;B2...

GP and FileNet #2
I am in charge of our IBM FileNet application and know nothing of GP. I have been tasked with finding a way to use GP as a workflow routing mechanism to route imaged invoices to proper parties for review and approval. From an overview, we would image an invoice and somehow (not sure how yet) tie an image number into GP. From there the routing would occur and ultimately the approval process would feed back into GP. Am I running after a unicorn here that may not exist from a functionality perspective? Should we just build our own workflow? Hi Art There are a few things we would need...

Office 2008 finds update is needed, but won't update... #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I check for updates, Office 2008 recognizes that I need an update (12.0.1). It downloads and when the software tries to search for a drive that needs the update, it doesn't find one . I get this message next to a STOP sign with exclamation point... You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. This doesn't make sense to me. I have the software installed when Word was open, I would go to ...

CRM 1.2 hangs with Windows XP SP2 RC1, which new security reg key to change?
Hi all, Ive installed crm1.2 to eval and the xpsp2rc1 test pc cannot get past the first page, the window hangs. Other machines are fine, so Im guessing its one of the new com, rpc or other security "fixes" in xpsp2 thats bust it. Does anyone know which one its likely to be, so I can disable the right one? Thanks Rich Hi: Is this in the browser client or SFO client? If it's the browser SP2 includes a pop-up blocker and such blockers break the CRM functionality...you can disable the new IE pop-up blocker (it's on by default) by opening IE and clicking Tools->Pop-Up...

Match return #NA ...though item exists!
Hi There, I am trying to determine the position of my item in A1 (exact match) in a range called DBlist. =MATCH(A1,DBList,0) it returns #N/A but God knows why as my item definitely exists in the DBList. Any clues on why this could be? Thanks for your insight, Sige Because it doesn't exist? Check that neither the value in A1, or the supposedly existing value in DBList doesn't have leading or trailing spaces, or any non-breaking spaces. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Sige" <SIGE_GOEVAERTS@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in messa...

problem in getting Scope_Identity in Oracle in Visual Studio???? #2
Hi All, i'm converting my website from connecting to SQL to Connect to Oracle DB and i'm reconfiguring the DataSets and TableAdapters for that . i have function in a tableAdapter that insert in a table then get the SCOPE_IDENTITY() of the ID of the last inserted row . This the Code that refer to SQL DB: INSERT INTO [JobFunction] ([JobFunctionName]) VALUES (@JobFunctionName); SELECT SCOPE_IDENTITY() And This the Code that refer to ORACLE DB: INSERT INTO JOBFUNCTION (JOBFUNCTIONNAME) VALUES (:JOBFUNCTIONNAME); SELECT JOBFUNCTION_SEQ.nextval FROM dual The proplem is the last code gene...

Deleting junk mail #2
Is there a way of setting up a rule which would delete any mail containing characters from a particular language, say, Japanese? PE <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote: > Is there a way of setting up a rule which would delete any mail > containing characters from a particular language, say, Japanese? Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman ...

Can time be used as both the x and y variables in scatter plots? #2
Can time be used as both the x variable and the y variable when creating a scatter plot? I want to determine the correlation between the time a company TV commercial is aired versus the time of day that we receive phone calls. My objective is to determine which commercials generate the most calls (we run several different spots per day). I assume I will see clusters of calls around specific commercials. I am entering the times in this format: "10:30", "1:15" etc. Thanks. -J See your other post on this subject. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, P...

Excel and Outlook #2
Hi, I had a VBA macro within Excel that used to work (included below): This VBA sub, would just email me the active workbook from Excel. However, my company now has included some sort of increased protection in Outlook and when I run the macro now, I get a message that a third party program is trying to send an email through Outlook and it needs confirmation to send the email. Does anyone know of a workaround for this? I would like to email myself an excel file at regular intervals... Thanks in Advance! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------...

Outlook 2003
Hello, We're running Exchange Server 2003 and I've just upgraded my Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. I changed my account to Cached Exchange Mode and so far really like it. I have a few questions... 1. My outbound email stays in my Outbox until a Send/Receive (every 15 minutes) takes place....is this normal? 2. On a fresh install of Outlook 2003, is Cached Exchange Mode on by default? 3. I'm in non-unicode mode...not sure why though. I was using send/receive groups before the upgrade, so I renamed my local outlook.ost and let Outlook recreate it. Shouldn't it be running in un...