matching contents #2

E1 thru E10 contains sequentially-sorted data.  B1 thru B6 contains
sequentially-sorted data which matches SOME (but not ALL) of the data
in Col A.  For example.

       B    E
1      1    1
2      3    2
3      4    3
4      5    4
5      6    5
6     10    6
7           7
8           8
9           9
10         10

I need to move the data in the cells in Col B next to the cells in
Col E that have the same contents.  For example:

       B    E
1      1    1
2           2
3      3    3
4      4    4
5      5    5
6      6    6
7           7
8           8
9           9
10    10   10

Besides dragging and dropping, is there a better way to do this?

(In my actual spreadsheet, Col B contains 718 cells and Col E
contains 65,530 cells).

0
gcotterl (63)

Mr.David McRitchie has prepared a sophiticated sub called "pushdown_high"
I think that would solve your problem
url is
www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pushdown.htm

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

====================================

<gcotterl@co.riverside.ca.us> wrote in message
> E1 thru E10 contains sequentially-sorted data.  B1 thru B6 contains
> sequentially-sorted data which matches SOME (but not ALL) of the data
> in Col A.  For example.
>
>        B    E
> 1      1    1
> 2      3    2
> 3      4    3
> 4      5    4
> 5      6    5
> 6     10    6
> 7           7
> 8           8
> 9           9
> 10         10
>
> I need to move the data in the cells in Col B next to the cells in
> Col E that have the same contents.  For example:
>
>        B    E
> 1      1    1
> 2           2
> 3      3    3
> 4      4    4
> 5      5    5
> 6      6    6
> 7           7
> 8           8
> 9           9
> 10    10   10
>
> Besides dragging and dropping, is there a better way to do this?
>
> (In my actual spreadsheet, Col B contains 718 cells and Col E
> contains 65,530 cells).

if function - evaluating 2 cells
Hello, I am trying to do this: =IF(A5=B5,OK,NOTOK) It does not seem to like that I am evaluating 2 cells. This works: =IF(A5=100,OK,NOTOK) How do I do what I want here? Thanks! ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Hi are your sure both cellsare really indetical. what is in these cells -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Terry" <t3513@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsb...

Upgrading 1.2 to 3.0
We Planning to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 3.0 for our clients. We are trying to create a developer environment and perform the update. My question is if we go this route how can we install 1.2 on this dev servers (Key is unique as per domain). Can we have DEV or temp key for that particular domain? If YES... HOW? On the other hand if we install a fresh copy of 3.0 what is the process of data integration from old to new DB and what kinid of information we may loose throught this route. Thanks. As long as you have a different parent OU and a seperate CRM & SQL server, you can install a s...

Adding Chinese holidays to Outlook 2002 Calendar #2
Hi, I've been all over the place, looking for a way to add Chinese holidays to the Outlook calendar. Already checked within Outlook and Chinese holidays are not on the list of countries available. Taiwan, which would probably be the same is also not available. I've been to Slipstick, as suggested by someone, but can't find any Chinese holiday files to add to the outlook.txt file. Anybody have any ideas? Melissa "playmissy4me@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I've been all over the place, looking for a way to add Chinese holidays > to the Outlook cale...

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

why doesnt MSWord attachments dont launch sometimes from Outlook 2
MS Word doesnt launch sometimes (often. It will lauch if i close outlook and restart - goes back to original mode after that). All other attachments launch correctly.... Any ideas on what maybe wrong? I would start by making sure all updates are done on your Windows and Office. Then do a detect and repair on both your Word and Outlook. May also consider reinstalling Office to resolve the issue. Also make sure that Word documents (attachments) are associated with the Word program. Regards -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "aw" <aw@discussions....

Rounding Error #2
Worksheet function =Round(0.965,2) returns 0.97 Using VBA Round(0.965,2) returns 0.96. Why does the VBA function not work properly? On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:36:29 -0700, "Mike" <mcurrie@srjgroup.com> wrote: >Worksheet function =Round(0.965,2) returns 0.97 >Using VBA Round(0.965,2) returns 0.96. >Why does the VBA function not work properly? VBA's round does work properly. It just uses a different rounding method, sometimes called banker's rounding. This is outlined in the MSKB article 225330. Briefly, if the number to the right of your rounding point is '...

Importing data into Outlook #2
Is there a process or program with which I can transfer my ACT! data into Outlook contacts? Thanks! ...

split text in cell into 2
I am needing help with formula. I have a cell that takes values from several other cells to create one long line text (for a command used in other app). For ex: a1=jack b1=ran c1="There was a person named"&a1&"who was hungry and"&b1&" to Mcdonalds." This process works great except when the line is greater than 72. I need an if statment that says if c1 length is greater than 72 then to split / replace line AFTER name(a1). Where the split occurs a +, and carriage return needs to be added. So in the example above (pretend length will be over 72,...

Saving Excel Sprdsht to CD between 2 PC's
I'm having trouble saving a spreadsheet on one PC and my work-partner pulling it up on hers, modifying it from the CD and saving it back to the CD. Error message "read only" keeps coming up but when I look in the properties of the document it is marked archive instead of read only. Please help me understand how we can fix this problem. We're both on Dell PC's w/ XP OS's. Thanks. Ceci First of all.......you should never save to or open from removable media directly. Save to HDD then copy to the CD. Same when opening. Copy to HDD then open. The read only ...

Excel macros #2
I have created a macro to reformat spreadsheet and stored the created macro in personal.xls so that i can use it in an spreadsheet.When I record new macro and choose "store macro in - Personal Macro Workbook"...i get message displayed " Personal Macro Wkbook in startup folder must stay open for recording - unable to record". I have checked for viruses. The Per M Workbook is in C: \Docs and Settings.....XLstart. I thought that Per M Wkbook opened automatically on Excel startup. ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Foru...

Event ID 5896 after upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0
As the subject, I upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0, and now everytime a mail passes through I get the following error in the Application Event: Source: CrmExchangeQueueServ Event ID: 5896 Description: An HTTP Status of '404 - Not Found' occurred while attempting to deliver a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'subject of mail' URL: 'http://servername/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' Checked the location above, and sure enough - there is no CrmEmail.srf file, so it throws a 404 error.. great, only - why is this file missing?!! I presume it didn&#...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 01-27-06
I am receiving this message when I try to upgrade my CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, does any one have any idea what this means? ...

Payables Management #2
It will be nice to have the capability to change the default numbers that are being appended to the voucher numbers of recurring batches. Right now, if your voucher number is A000123, the recurring voucher numbers will be A000123000000000000001 (with 22 characters). Sometimes these numbers will not fit in the check stub. This number is something that is appended by the system from the PM00400 and seems to be hard coded. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "...

Problem since upgrading to CRM 1.2
Ever since we upgrade to CRM 1.2 we can no longer create new leads, contacts, accounts, etc. When you try it opens the new window to add in but nothing appears except a message saying that an Error has occured and either Try Again or Close. We can create new activities however. We have checked the event logs on the CRM server and nothing shows up. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance. ------=_NextPart_0001_2EAA34F1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi Jim, When you recieve the warning box that says Try Again or Close, do you have a More Info button? ...

How can i create a 2-D stacked column within a 4 series stock char
I am trying to create an excel chart that combines the features of a 100% 2-D stacked column (for comparison of 2 variables) and the 4 series stock chart. I would desire to have my ideal chart being a 5-series stock chart with the data variables arranged as 'Volume1-Volume2 (stacked up as in 2-D column)-High-Low-Close'. This is slightly different from the current 5-series stock chart available in the excel spreadsheet. Can anybody help please? Thank you. Sincerely, Samuel See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html http://peltiertech.com/Utility/ClusterStackU...

geotargeting website content
hi asp.net 3.5 I wonder if there are some simple way of geotargeting the content of a website. I ask cause I want to place CPA ads on my website, some CPA campaigns are only visible to users of a certain country. So I thought of make a check of which country the visiting user comes from and then load the correct CPA offer for that country. I know about ip2location where you can check against for free. but wonder if there are some other ways I implement this, maybe geocloaking - haven't done it before as it's a bit blackhat. any suggestions? "Jeff&q...

Cell contents as Chart Title
Is there a way of using the contents of a cell on a worksheet as th title for a chart on that same worksheet? Please bear in mind that I a using Excel 97, although I would be interested to hear if it wa possible in later versions of Excel as it may give me ammunition for a upgrade! Thanks, Stev -- Stephen Pai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Stephen Pain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27624 Hi, You can link the chart title to a ce...

Counting contents for Saturday dates within a range
I am trying to find all Saturdays within a range(on row 14), and if a Saturday is detected, then I would like to add the values in the corresponding row for the Saturday only dates(available in row 16). After going through the date range, and the total sum is zero, then I would like to return false. I also am trying to avoid doing this via a macro as it should be automatically re-calculated if a cell changes. Currently I have the cell formatted as follows that will provide a true or false response, if any Saturday is detected with values in the corresponding row. I created an IsSaturday fun...

Payment For Invoice
In my business account, I have payments for invoices. When I download from my bank, they never match up. I try to match them manually, and it won't let me. I delete the downloaded transaction, and it shows back up on the next download. How can I work around this, and still show that my customer made a payment? C'mon... I know people from Microsoft are looking at this forum. Why haven't I received an answer yet?? This is a serious matter, and I'm 99.9% sure I'm not the only one who's been in this situation. JB2K "JB2K" <spam_catcher...@jb2k.c...

Activity Error #2
When I open a activity window there is no problem but When I close this activity window Pop up error menu is rising as below Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object expected</Message> <Line>1</Line> <URL>/E-BGroup/activities/appointment/edit.aspx?id=%7b9B058F5E-4E70-DE11-B3A5-0050568C43C7%7d</URL> <PageURL>/E-BGroup/activities/appointment/edit.aspx?id=%7b9B058F5E-4E70-DE11-B3A5-0050568C43C7%7d</PageURL> <Fun...

Upgrading from Money 2002 #2
I have the original money 2002 that came with the computer and have never upgraded. Which is the best version to go to? More importantly, when I purchase and download the upgrade, will it go over the current program and update all the information that I currently have? Thanks and Happy New Year -- mfletcher The latest version in the US is Money+ aka Money 2008. Other geographies have different versions. Money keeps all your data in the .mny file not the program. When you install the new version it usually remembers where your .mny file was, makes a copy of it (for safety) and then up...

conditional cell protection #2
Is it possible to conditionally protect a cell or range of cells? Let's say that; A1 is empty - A2 has 2.81. Both cells are formated as unprotected. The spreadsheet is protected. I need to change the contents of A2 regularly. Until, I enter a date into A1. Then I want A2 to become protected so that it cannot be accidentally altered. Possible??? -- ijw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ijw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=5325...

Print Macro #2
Trying to write a macro to print a spreadsheet where the number of rows of data varies. What's wrong with this code? Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown).End(xlToRight) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = rng End With Thank you. Pam Hi Pam Leave your PrintArea empty Excel will print all cells with a value on the sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Pam" <gasp0225@juno.com> wrote in message news:16e401c38521$a7d25420$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to write a macro to ...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...