matching contents #2

E1 thru E10 contains sequentially-sorted data.  B1 thru B6 contains
sequentially-sorted data which matches SOME (but not ALL) of the data
in Col A.  For example.

       B    E
1      1    1
2      3    2
3      4    3
4      5    4
5      6    5
6     10    6
7           7
8           8
9           9
10         10

I need to move the data in the cells in Col B next to the cells in
Col E that have the same contents.  For example:

       B    E
1      1    1
2           2
3      3    3
4      4    4
5      5    5
6      6    6
7           7
8           8
9           9
10    10   10

Besides dragging and dropping, is there a better way to do this?

(In my actual spreadsheet, Col B contains 718 cells and Col E
contains 65,530 cells).

0
gcotterl (63)

Mr.David McRitchie has prepared a sophiticated sub called "pushdown_high"
I think that would solve your problem
url is
www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pushdown.htm

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

====================================

<gcotterl@co.riverside.ca.us> wrote in message
> E1 thru E10 contains sequentially-sorted data.  B1 thru B6 contains
> sequentially-sorted data which matches SOME (but not ALL) of the data
> in Col A.  For example.
>
>        B    E
> 1      1    1
> 2      3    2
> 3      4    3
> 4      5    4
> 5      6    5
> 6     10    6
> 7           7
> 8           8
> 9           9
> 10         10
>
> I need to move the data in the cells in Col B next to the cells in
> Col E that have the same contents.  For example:
>
>        B    E
> 1      1    1
> 2           2
> 3      3    3
> 4      4    4
> 5      5    5
> 6      6    6
> 7           7
> 8           8
> 9           9
> 10    10   10
>
> Besides dragging and dropping, is there a better way to do this?
>
> (In my actual spreadsheet, Col B contains 718 cells and Col E
> contains 65,530 cells).

VLOOKUP issue #2
If I use a vlookup function, can I have three result cells? In othe words, if the value in a1 is found in the lookup table and there ar three columns (offsets) that could be used as correct answers, can display all three -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Yes, you can use =VLOOKUP(A1,Lookup_Table,{2,3,4},0) assuming you don't want the value from the leftmost column, you need to select 3 columns across (like if you would select E2:G2 with E2 as the active cell), then enter the formula in the formula bar and instead pressing enter press ctrl + shift & enter or you co...

Renaming a Mailbox #2
Hello folks, What is the best way for changing a users email address? The reason for the change request is one of my users married over the weekend, and so her last name has changed? I understand some people recommend setting up a new address for the user over renaming an existing one. So, I'm not certain what the best approach is here. I currently manage a small Windows 2000 single domain network and run Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. WE ususally just create a new SMTP address, and leave the old one in place so that mail to the o...

missing FRx reports #2
Hello: A client of ours on FRx 6.7 service pack 6 and GP 8.0 says that she created three FRx reports and now they're gone. They have over 50 companies in FRx and about 15 different specification sets. I looked at the building blocks in the Specification Set window by clicking "Export". I do not see the three reports that my client says is missing. I deleted the .g32 files and compacted the system database and spec set data base of the company whose reports are missing. No success! Any ideas? Thanks! childofthe1980s Which components are missing? Do they have backu...

exported excel charts and pdflatex #2
pdfLatex is compatible with jpg and pdf images, and real pdfs loo better than jpgs it seems. I found that the best way was to make a .p file of the chart by printing to a postscript printer, and the converting to pdf. All is done in vba (uses ghostscript) -- hk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26893 JPG is the wrong format for most charts anyway, being designed for photographic-type images with cont...

No sound from autodialer #2
I am using the auto dialler within outlook which works fine except .. I cant hear the call be connected. The modem sound is definitely on as I can hear the dial tone, dialling out and connection signal if a dial an ISP. However when outlook use the modem to place a call it is as if the sound has been turned off. It would be nice to hear it connecting and ringing so I can then pick the phone up when the other party responds. I have looked all over outlook 2000 but can't find a setting. Any ideas please ? ***** Ivo You need a voice/data(/fax) modem -- do you have one? "iv"...

How do I burn my publisher content to a CD?
When I try to burn my CD, the hyperlinks look for the information on my C drive. How can I transfer my files so the web page will work on CD. What version of Publisher? Did you save the pub file as a web? Are these web pages or external files you are talking about? David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Publisher Help" <Publisher Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777A6060-C6F1-475C-A78B-111A00689496@microsoft.com... > When I try to burn my CD, the hyperlinks look for the information on my C > drive. How can I tra...

ERROR 1053 when strating CRM 1.2 on Windows 2003
When strating the MSCRM Security Service I get the following error. ERROR 1053: THe service did not respond to the strat or control request in a timly fashion. We have just installed CRM prior to migrating it from a 2000 server. Any sygestions on what could be causing this ?? Thanks ...

Resending Messages #2
In Outlook 2000, I sent an email message to a bad email address in my Contacts list. When the message bounced, I went into Contacts and entered the correct email address. Then, I opened the message from the Sent folder to resend it. When I double clicked on the email address, it showed the new, correct email address. However, when I sent the email, it bounced again from the old email address. I can fix the problem by starting from scratch, but I would like to know what I'm doing wrong. You probably didn't clear your AutoNameCheck List, so its still resolving the name to the ol...

outlook hanging up #2
I would like to pass along a solution to outlook hanging up when signing on. Here is the scenario: I ctrl/alt/del to get out and then when signing on again it would put me in safe mode I also notice that changing file names or setting up new folders also hung up vista. All of this relates to the search index which apparently had been clobbered. The solution is as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS SEARCH CLICK ON THE WINDOWS SEARCH FOLDER and then change the value of SetUpCompletedSuccessfully to 0 Open Indexing Options (you can find this in help "When sho...

Insert data based on match
i need to search for an occurence and when found insert a comment in the next column. i.e. So when EW is found in column A the letters EW will be written into Column B Col A Col B Int EW Med EW Adv BC Any hints or help would be gratefully appreciated would a lookup table and using VLOOKUP() function be any good -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27037 ...

company split
Hi all, hoping to get some advice on this, the company i work for consists of two divisions who are effectively looking to split, and do there own thing. But initially will continue to share resources such as IT. Is it possible in exchange to allow them both to have there own email addresses such as name@company1 and name@company2 and to hide these so that relevant individuals only see the names of users relevent to there division/company in their address book. Effectively what i need to be able to do is run 2 seperate companies from one exchange box. bearing in mind that both compani...

right click #2
Can a 'right click' menu be changed? I'd like to add some things For example, I'd like to select some cells then right click on the selection and convert it to values Also, I've recorded a macro that converts a selection to values, but it's probably not the most efficient way to do it. What's the easiest way to convert a selection to values through a macro? This macro would add the ability to bring up the sort wizard from the right click menu. I took the basic idea from John Walkenbach's book Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA. For more information ...

XmlTextReader Question #2
Hi, I am starting out an xml file, example's below. It will be like that but larger. I am having problems actually getting at the inner nodes. Example the items I named InputOne, State, DebounceOn. Not sure how to get each data item Any help, directions would be appreciated. Right now I am doing in C#, SystemIO.StreamReader stream = new SystemIO.StreamReader("theFile.xml); XmlTextReader reader = null; reader = new XmlTextReader(stream); while( reader.Read()) switch(reader.NodeType) { case XmlNodeType.Element: Console.Write( reader.Name + reader.Value); break; case XmlNo...

How can I change the Z-axes of my window or dialog? #2
Hello, All: I am now meetting a problem that the sub-window( or sub-dialog) would not be shown out in front of the parent window, however, I just wanna let it be shown in front of my parent window. Is there anybody who knows how I can set the Z-axes with any function? Thanks in advance! ...

Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , #2
Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , http://shopforless.itgo.com/ Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , from $50 -up for the top brands http://shopforless.itgo.com/ ...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

Novice Q: open 2 VSD files
I would like to open 2 drawings at the same time, on the same workspace, so I can create a single drawing from both. How can I do that? TIA You can open multiple vsd files simultaneously. I often do this and drag/drop components among them. Al <dnoam@il.ibm.com> wrote in message news:1109937598.678865.262500@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... >I would like to open 2 drawings at the same time, on the same > workspace, so I can create a single drawing from both. > How can I do that? > TIA > Thanks. In your case I will have to switch between the open windows. Is there a ...

content conversion errors in Exch 2003
Hello, I am getting the following errors in Exch 2003 when receiving emails from a client who is running Boldon James Enterprise Mail 3 (3.6.1 update 2). I have the patch MS04-002. Any ideas what is going on and how to resolve it? Thanks Jon Global domain identifier (Country, ADMD, PRMD) in first Trace Information of message C=gb;A= ;P=hmg+jon-dev;L=itcuser:267750:20040513134619 does not match MTSID value. [MTA XFER-IN 13 40] (12) Object 0600003E received from entity /DC=UK/DC=MIL/DC=TS/DC=DIS/CN=CONFIGURATION/CN=SERVICES/CN=MICROSOFT EXCHANGE/CN=DISEXCHANGE/CN=ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS/CN=F...

how do I display cell contents when I am over 32, 767 characters?
Excel was not designed for this. Depending on your purpose, you should use Word or Access. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "usdrmd" <usdrmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E30267BD-2CAF-4FC7-83A2-F9E79F7CFE06@microsoft.com... > ...

Macro to find a row and delete it and the 9 rows above it. #2
Thanks alot that did the trick. This forum and you guys are life saver -- Rusty_n ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rusty_nl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=671 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31376 ...

Is there any way to use the MATCH function with more than 1 column
For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value 215, but my data set spans more than one column. My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0) returns an #N/A error. What can I do? Do you want both the row and column ? Two separate values? -- Gary's Student "Mr. Snrub" wrote: > For example, =MATCH(215, Y3:Y51, 0) will search from Y3 to Y51 for the value > 215, but my data set spans more than one column. > > My data set ranges from A3 to Z51, and the function =MATCH(215, A3:Z51, 0) > returns an #...

Index and Match 05-10-10
Hello All, This is on Excel 2007 I would like to see if the array formula below can be changed to check for another criteria. Want this currently does is finds all occurances of cell AL527(despatch note) and matches that with the sheet "Data" col N (despatch note) and the result is taken from sheet "Data" col E (qty). If no match found then the result is "" The reason the ROW 3 at the end has $ is it helps with copying the formula as I am using it for Columns rather than rows, I could not find a formula that worked for colums. {=IFERROR(INDEX(...

OPOS drivers #2
hello all still no solution found on my original tread. anyway about OPOS drivers this is the question. generally, should a configuration utility become installed with this drivers to configure the devices? the magnetic card reader OPOS driver loads one with the drivers while my thermal printer does not. just wandering. try to estabilish witch one is bad. thank you in advance ...

cell reference #2
I have a list of numbers in column A. I wish at the bottom to return the maximum value in column A using =max(a1:a100) but i also want the cell reference of this value. how can i do this. thanks Use the MATCH function - it will give you the relative position of the maximum value in your range, and as this begins at A1 then this is the same as the row. If you have two maximum values, however, it will only report the first occurrence. Hope this helps. Pete lees news wrote: > I have a list of numbers in column A. I wish at the bottom to return the > maximum value in column A using =m...

Sum every other cell? #2
I just previewed the post below and saw that the format didn't hold. don't know how to make it look right. I hope you can figure it out fro what you see. Sample rows: Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Category #Books $$$ #Books $$$ #Books $$$ 1 4 16.00 0 0.00 7 29.95 2 3 17.50 3 17.50 3 17.50 3 0 0.00 6 24....