Match items in 2 lists??? eh help

Hiya

I have 2 worksheets. One with a long list of names the other with not
so long list of names - Sheet 1 (all clicks), sheet 2 (users at client
x).

I would like to be able to find out how many users at client x clicked
on the site... any ideas how I can run a match on the lists?

Any help/tips much appreciated

thanks

---

Hi
have a look at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon
for identifying common entries on both lists

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Hiya
>
> I have 2 worksheets. One with a long list of names the other with not
> so long list of names - Sheet 1 (all clicks), sheet 2 (users at
client
> x).
>
> I would like to be able to find out how many users at client x
clicked
> on the site... any ideas how I can run a match on the lists?
>
> Any help/tips much appreciated
>
> thanks

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
2/20/2004 5:59:13 PM
You can use the tools/filter/advanced filter on both lists
to get unique names (if they are not already unique).
then you can do a vlookup from one to another to see which
match.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/20/2004 6:02:42 PM
Thanks - trying both will get there... Im sure this is great help bu
not quite working will see if I can fix.

DP

PS have great weekend

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial #2
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

1.2 danish -> 3.0 english
Is this possible ? Jack ...

reports question #2
Hi How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? I have a report "Detailed Sales with Tax & Tender" but the only problem is it does not show more than one tender type per transaction. So if a customer combines two tender types only one is shown. Thanks throw me a bone?...anyone cheers "christian" wrote: > Hi > > How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift > Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? &...

Sharing Outlook #2

excel file can't be opened #2

adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if same as their departm
A procedure was written to update all projects, adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if they are the same as their home department. It would be useful to know if there were a feature to define default projects by a given criteria - i.e. By department. [d]elete accesslest insert accesslest (PACONTNUMBER, PAPROJNUMBER, EMPLOYID, ContractEntry, ContractInquire, ContractReport, ContractReview, ProjectEntry, ProjectInquire, ProjectReport, ProjectReview, ALEntry, ALInquire, ALReport, ALReview, EEEntry, EEInquire, EEReport, EEReview, ELEntry, ELInquire, ELReport, ELReview, FFEnt...

smart list go tos
I am trying to change the documents: portion with a go to on the window "Purchase Order Processing Document Inquiry" Take a look at my response to this post. However, this was not entirely tested. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=mariano+gomez+SLB&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&p=1&tid=37216782-e2be-45a4-8d28-6e3f73f11ca5&mid=37216782-e2be-45a4-8d28-6e3f73f11ca5 Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusines...

The easiest way to get free cash! #2
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi all,</P> <P>I became a member of an interesting free website that is totally unique. It actually rewards its members for learning! You can learn lots of important things and earn rewards taking fun quizzes, plus earn cash for other activities! Membership is free, and people of all ages and educational backgrounds everywhere can become members and participate at their own level. It�s called �It P...

help for sql select command !!!
Hi Everyone! Imagine we have 3 checkBoxes in a search page and 3 boolean fields in DB table and every checkbox is for one of these fields . In search page users check every 3 checkBoxes and what i want is that first it shows the records that every their 3 fields are checked then 2 and then 1(DESC). BTW my DB is MS Access. Please help me ! On Mar 1, 7:17=A0pm, "miladha...@gmail.com" <miladha...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Everyone! > Imagine we have 3 checkBoxes in a search page and 3 boolean fields in > DB table and every checkbox is for one of these fields . I...

Not a make item error
I am trying to create a BOM for an item I just created. I set the Item Replenishment Method to 'Make' on the Item Resource planning screen, but get an error when trying to create a BOm for this Item. What have I missed? Hi Adam, You have to assign this item as Make item in the Item Engineering window also. Thanks "Adam" wrote: > I am trying to create a BOM for an item I just created. I set the Item > Replenishment Method to 'Make' on the Item Resource planning screen, but get > an error when trying to create a BOm for this Item. What have I miss...

Hotmail Problem Please Help
I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 2003 Server. I also have ISA 2000 on the same box. Everything is working fine. The problem I am having is getting mail out to a hotmail address. When I send then mail, I see it sits in the Queue for less then a minute then disappears. It never makes it to the Hotmail address nor do I get any return errors back in my client indicating the mail never made it to its destination. On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:51:04 -0800, "Kevin Mc" <Kevin Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 200...

Emails in queue #2
Hello, I have exchange 2003 installed on windows 2003. The problem is as follows It seems to be working fine then all of a sudden the messages pending for submission starts to fill up and all the clients get a message in their outlook stating "outlook is trying to retreive data from the microsoft exchange server". The onky way to resolve this is by rebootong the computer. Any ideas? Thansk You need to identify where the performance bottleneck is. The following link should get you started http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx In a...

2 spaces as a typo in PowerPoint 2007
Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? Yup, under Office button choose PowerPoint Options from the bottom right corner. From the new menu choose Proofing. Under AutoCorrect Options... you have the opportunity to add various typos you wish PowerPoint to correct. Kristiina AndyA wrote: >Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 ...

Need Help With A Formula Please
Hello and thank you in advance for your help! I have a Name on a column. The same name is listed multiple times on another sheet. However, one of the entries has the word DSL on the colmun next to it and on the next colum a value. I want to count those values. For example: On sheet 1 I have: Mike on A2 On sheet 2 i have: A2= Mike B2= Sales c2= 5 A3= Mike B3= DSL C3= 8 A4= Mike B4= Parts C4= 10 I want a formula of sheet1 that will return a value of 8 for Mike by matching the word Mike and DSL on sheet 2. Please helppppp!!!! Thanks!! -- EVRPAGING -------------------------------...

Edit mailbox size limit message #2
Hi All, We have Exchange 2003, Outlook 2k on desktop. We limit mailboxes to 100mb and issue a warning at 75mb, in order to give them enough of a cahnce to archive, delete, etc. My question is, can we edit the message that comes from the "System Administrator" to use our own verbage? Users get confused with the message because it says "Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 75000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size." They think this message means they won't be able to send or receiv...

Cannot delete into deleted items
When I click a message, and then hit Delete, the only thing that happens to the message is it gets a StrikeTrough line on it and it stays in the inbox, just like that. I want it to completely move itself into the Deleted Items folder, just like it did in previous versions!! Can you help me? ...

Cannot install RMS 2.0 Service Pack 2
I have created a VM with Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition (SP2) in order to test on it the integration between GP and RMS (HQ and Store Operations). Currently I need to update RMS to Service Pack 2 because one of the store databases which I am using for testing was backed up from a system using RMS SP2. The problem is that when I am trying to install the service pack I am getting an error saying "The update cannot be applied". Any ideas why this could be happening? Any help is greatly appreciated. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_...

how do you change the font size of a drop-down list?
When I use the Validation feature under Data Menu and I create a drop-down list, the font size of the contents of the drop-down list is too small to read. How do I change this? You can't change the font or font size for a Data Validation dropdown list. To make the font appear larger, you can use programming to adjust the zoom setting when the cell is selected. There's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Or, there's a sample file here that provides a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In ...

Change Mail Recipient #2
In my Office 2003 Picture Manager, when I right click a picture to send to mail or go to File, Send To recipient it goes to Outlook. I wish it to change it to Outlook Express. I have gone to IE, Tools, Options, Programs, and E-mail and changed the default to Outlook Express. My Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint does not go to Outlook they go to Express, it only goes to Outlook in Picture Manager. ...

How to not copy the numbering from numbered list in Word ?
Hi ! I want to copy a numbered list in Word and paste to a text file. The numbers show up. How do I not copy the numbers preceding the items ? Thanks very much in advanced. By temporarily disabling the numbers and bullets in word before you copy and paste the text. Then you can simply close the word document (without saving it) so that no changes in the word file are saved. That one time call girl may suggest that you should use Tipex on the screen to remove the numbers!!! You have been warned. hth dingdongdingding wrote: > > Hi ! > I want to co...

Dynamic serialization of objects with lists or pointers as members
I need to serialize objects of several (or even many) different classes, all of those derived from a common ABC (Abstract Base Class). The problem is that some of those classes have arrays as members. It goes like this: first comes the Abstract Base Class: ///////////////////// class CFoo : public CObject { public: CFoo(); DECLARE_SERIAL(CFoo) virtual ~CFoo(); virtual void DoThis() = 0; virtual UINT DoThat() = 0; } ///////////////////////// here come derived classes: Class CFoo_A : public CFoo // this is the troublesome one { public: CFoo_A(); DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CFoo_A) ~...

Leading zeros with text #2
Hi, I need help on specifying the maximum length of characters contained in a cell. Additionally, once the length is specified, I need the data contained in the cell to fill the maximum allowable characters for the cell with leading zeros (if the data does not satisfy the maximum length). i.e. If I have a name such as 'gray' in a cell and the cell is only allowed to be 13 characters long, how do I get a return of 000000000gray ...

Circular reference help
Hello, does anyone know whether it is possible to stop Excel 2007 from firing up Help whenever it gets a circular reference, please? I have some spreadsheets which, after updating data-links, form circular references. This is easily corrected by moving some totals in line with the updated data. I don't disagree with Excel prompting me that the circular references exist but I do not want it to fire up the help system. I know the issue and I am just about to fix it, the only thing delaying me is the Help window getting in the way. Regards Chris easiest way is Office button/Excel Optio...

dont forget 2 tune in 2 FNC from 16:00-17:00 chicago time tomorrow!
A 3rd hour of glenn beck! "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> wrote in message news:578fc563-c4f0-4fe9-af7e-3b6db91c2c22@x27g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > A 3rd hour of glenn beck! I masturbate to the whole show! Just FYI. ...

New to Exchange Server. Help!
Exchange Server 2003. Dear group: I have installed Exchange Server on my new Windows 2003 Server. Now what? I have no documentation (none came with the Small Business Server 2003 Premium CDs that I could find). I need an administrator's guide with setup instructions. Let me vent somewhat . . . Why does Microsoft sell these products to small nonprofits like us and expect us to use them without some documentation? If I have missed something, please let me know. I will gladly eat crow. God bless and thanks for any help. -- Dr. Doug Pruiett Good News Jail & Prison Ministry...