Master image to use in separate sheets?

Hello All,

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell Excel to use
the same image/background for each sheet, instead of
needing to import for each one? Or is there a way to set
up a (similiar to Power Point/Master slide).

Thanks in advance,
drew
0
agrosman (1)

If it's just for one workbook, I'd have a master worksheet in that workbook that
I could just copy.

If it's for lots of workbooks, I'd set up a workbook with one sheet that had
that background the way I wanted it.

Then save this workbook as a Template (let the folder default to excel's
favorite).

Tnen when you rightclick on the worksheet tab, you can select Insert.  Then
choose the template you just created.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Using AES Decryption
I am working with a data feed that is parsed and loaded into tables in a SQL Server 2005 database. Certain fields will contain data encrypted using Rijndael-256 (AES). I wanted to use the DecryptByKey t-sql command to decrypt the data for processing. I have successfully encrypted and decrypted using a generated key in the database, but I do not know how to decrypt data that was encrypted elsewhere. I was given the key for the encryption, but it is just a string. I tried using this as password for a certifcate and encoded the sample string provided by the other developer (th...

Can't use Presenters View
Using PP 2007 to create and run our worship presentations at church. Here is what we using. * HP G71-340US laptop * Connected to 2 Sharp 55" LCD HD televsions via HDMI connection from the laptop to the televisions * The connection is going through a booster and splitter and the picture quality is excellent. THE ISSUE I can't get PRESENTERS VIEW to display. When I go to the SLIDE SHOW tab and click on the PRESENTERS VIEW checkbox I get a popup message that says, "This feature is for use with more than one monitor, but only one monitor was detected. To see if y...

Naming ranges as a copy of another sheet
Dear all, There are two sheets X and Y in my workbook. On A, there are hundreds of ranges named locally (i.e. names are like "X!students"). How to write a macro to name the respective areas in Y with the same local name? For example, if X!$A$1:$B$4 is named as "X!students", then I want Y!$A$1:$B$4 to be named as "Y!students". Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Andy Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wksMstr As Worksheet Dim wksOther As Worksheet Dim nm As Name Dim testRng As Range Dim ExclamPos As Long ...

Save a picture as a separate file
I have a workbook containing a picture. How can I save that individual picture as a bitmap or jpeg or other image file as I want to use it elsewhere as a background for an Access from? Many thanks......Jason Copy the picture. Open up your favourite graphics program(MSPaint?) and paste then save as. Or did you mean do all through code? Turn on the macro recorder if that's the case. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 01:00:45 +0100, Jay <spam@dummyaddress.spam.com> wrote: >I have a workbook containing a picture. How can I save that individual >picture as ...

To Keep Only A Tatal Amount, But Not Keeping The Whole Sheet
Hello everyone, I need to create a workbook, which has 2 sheets A and B. Sheet A i for insert data and sheet B is for the total amount of sheet A. Every day, I enter a lot of numbers in sheet A and sheet B will show m the total amount of sheet A. I don't need to keep every detail in shee A, but I have to keep the total amount of that day. Because I don't need to keep every detail in sheet A, the next day, open sheet A again and enter new numbers for a new day. The problem i when I enter new numbers, I get only the total amount of the current da in sheet B. I lost the total amoun...

Why do my images not work?
I am using publisher 2003 and I am trying to create our regular business newsletter. The pictures I paste into the document look fine when opened on the computer I created it on. But when I e-mail the newsletter, my pictures dissappear and they are represented by the white square with a red X in it. How do I fix this problem? Because if you use Outlook to create the email you'd have to have the = image url absolute and the image stored on the internet = somwhere...outlook doesn't embed the image. Use Outlook Express, it embeds the image...much mo' easier. "camerac...

SOP sales commision accounts used more like Sales and Cost of Sal.
Hi, I wanted to give some suggestion to my Great Plains team to enhance SOP. This is useful when we need to print Profit & Loss by segment. I want sales commission accounts to be used in SOP in a more site specific way, the way that Sales and Cost of Sales Accounts do. Thanks Naseer Ahmed Farooqi Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains Consultant EnCompass Solutions 2000, 500 - 4th Ave SW, Calgary Alberta T2P 2V6 Canada Email : naseer.farooqi@encompass-solutions.com Web Site: www.encompass-solutions.com Phone: +1 (403) 781-7686 Ext. 3918 Direct: + 1 (403) 444-3918 Cell / Mob...

How to replace column letter in refferences with a function using the old column letter?
Hello How to replace column letter(s) (or column numbers) in refferences with a result of a function using the old column letter(s) (or column numbers)? I think you mean =INDIRECT(A1&7) where A1 holds the letter in this instance. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:%23bHpscyzFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to replace column letter(s) (or column numbers) in refferences with a > result of a function using the old column letter(s) (or column numbers)? > > Thanks for your reply. How to change...

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

Count by color using VBA in Microsoft Excel
I am having the following formula to count on the basis of colour. For example Total 12 cell out of which Red - 1, Yellow - 5 & Green - 6 so by using this formula this should give proper count as mentioned above. I need you assistance as i have never used macro using VBA in Microsoft Excel. Could you please guide me (Step by Step) how to run this macro in excel. Appreciate your kind assistance. Thanks in advance. Kamlesh Function CountByColor(InputRange As Range, ColorRange as Range) As Long Dim cl As Range, TempCount As Long, ColorIndex As Integer ColorIndex = ColorRange.Cell...

Using Crystal 8.5, how can I import to Excel?
I have some reports that I have created in Crystal 8.5. They have drill down information in them and I need to have the same format setup in Excel. Any thoughts on how I can do this? ...

What is SVC00501- Delta Item Master used for?
I ran across this table because I did a search on for all tables using the field "itemtype". I have looked through the sdk for field service and don't find any reference to this table. I do see that there is information in the table and it gets updated periodically. But I don't know what updates it or what the table's used for. Any clues? Thanks DavidF This table stores additional item information used by the Field Service application. The table is populated/updated by the tr_SVC_IV00101_U and tr_SVC_IV00101_D triggers associated to the Item Master t...

Disable manual archiving by using Group Policy not working
Disabled in GPO for Outlook 2007: User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office Outlook 2007\Tools | Options\Other\AutoArchive, double-click Disable File|Archive. User still sees Outlook | File | Archive enabled and accessible. What has to be done or what is missing? ...

Combining data from different sheets in one
Hi all, this is my first post here, and hopefully I'm not asking to much to get an answer. The problem: I have data on several sheets. Every sheet contains data on only one customer, but the layout is the same - number, name of the order and so on. I need to create a cumulative sheet that would contain all of the information at one place. I could do it manually, but it takes too much time. Any ideas on how I could get this to work automaticly? Thanks Viktor -- viktor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ viktor's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Can I use the old 2003 pivot tables in excel 2007?
I'm currently using excel 2007 but prefer the interface/feel/look of 2003 pivot tables? is there a way i can still use the 2003 pivot tables in 2007 excel? thanks! ...

how to copy sheet with charts without link to original data
I have a worksheet with ten charts on it. I need to copy the worksheet with all its data and related charts to new sheets or files so I have a page for every day, with different data entered every day. But when I copy the worksheet with embedded charts and paste it into a new file, the charts pull their source data from the original worksheet, not the new one. The source data Value box is written as such, ='03-09-10'!$D$12 any ideas? Hi Esty, Probably wont help you, but I had similar problem, I posted few days ago. Didn't resolved it yet, but Jon suggested ...

Do You Have a Digitally Signed Excel Sheet?
I want to compare the difference in an actually purchased digita signature VS a self-certed signature. If you have a purchased digita signature on an excel document with a little macro, can you send it t me via email? My email is kenjiro@email.arc.nasa.gov. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

using ntbackup in a batch file for Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 Premi
Exchange Administration: I am working on batch files to backup my SBS 2003 Premium server. I have created an ntbackup backup selection file using the GUI tool. My server machine is P42800E, the machine I used to create this post is p3533, and the following is a Cygwin Bash session: <CVSENV>2006-05-22 22:27:52 dpchrist@p3533 /backup/bin/p42800e $ dump exchange.bks 000000 J \0 E \0 T \0 \0 P \0 4 \0 2 \0 8 \0 000010 0 \0 0 \0 E \0 \ \0 M \0 i \0 c \0 r \0 000020 o \0 s \0 o \0 f \0 t \0 \0 I \0 n \0 000030 ...

Use Spinner Control to Hide/Show Buttons?
Hi All, I am trying to set up a spinner button (with corresponding numerical readout) that also displays a number of buttons. The number of buttons displayed will depend upon the spinner number e.g. if the spinner says 5, then 5 buttons will be displayed. If the spinner says 2, then the rest of the buttons apart from 2 are hidden. There needs to be 10 buttons in total, with a minimum of two displayed at any one time. I've created a mock-up worksheet to show what I mean MUCH better than the explanation I've just given above! http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/Buttons.xls So I...

using the range method
i want to select certain columns and rows and use this selection to create a chart. The selection is in a loop and the cell locations will vary every time it is run. Here's my code: Worksheets(1).Range(Cells(startRow, 16), Cells(endRow, 18)).Select where "startRow" and "endRow" are integers. I always get the error that "Method 'Cells' of object '_Global' failed" Am I using the wrong format for the Range method? thanks in advance J.E. McGimpsey wrote: >or the much more efficient: > > With Worksheets(1) > ...

use current month in ad If satament
I have a cell A1 with a drop down to select month. In another cell on another sheet I want to compare the current month to the value in A1. If (current month = A1, value, value) I've found a lot of date functions but the solution evades me. Can someone please help me? All I really need is how to get the month to use to compare I think I have the rest of the formla figured out. TIA gls858 I'm not sure what you're really using -- dates or the month names? I'm guessing names like January, February, ..., December. =if(text(today(),"mmmm")=A1,"...

Need help using MsgBox to learn Bangs & Dots
I have these things MyDb (data base name) tblA tblB Fields in tblA = Name, Location, Phone Fields in tblB = Date, Qty, Cost FormA with Sub_FormB The Question: How to write code to display Cost using bangs & dots? Assume FormA is open & displaying a record... and we double click on something... a field or a button or whatever... BUT we are not going to use "Me" so we can see how it all works... maybe something kinda like?? MsgBox code MyDb ! FormA ! Sub_FormB ! [Cost] 1 - Please show me the correct way to do the above. 2 - And... how would you do it using "Me&quo...

Applying Master Page in Publisher
I've created a master page (for a web page design) as instructed. When I add a new page and do "apply master", it doesn't work. Argh, can anyone help? Do not use the Master Page feature in a web publication. It does not work consistently and should be reserved for print publications. If you have design elements that will be common to each page, then when you add a page choose to duplicate a page, and then edit the parts that differ. If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com...

Using Priv.edb for a restore
I need to perform a emergency restore. The only backup I have is a copy of the priv.edb from a couple of days ago. Can I use this for a restore on the same server or another exchange server? I have done restores before but I have always had a backup copy from Arcserve or some other backup software. Thank-you! ...

Return Corresponding Value Based on Comparing Two Sheets of Data
Can someone please help me find a formula (or two) for this example. If you can show me a couple of ways to do this (so I can learn), I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks! I'm trying to figure out a formula (or two) that will help me auto-populate the ? fields within ColumnB of Sheet 2. Also, I want the ? value for the "8888" row to return blank, since it does not exist in Sheet 1. Sheet 1: ColumnA ColumnB 1234 20 4321 10 5678 11 8765 - 9999 12 7777 13 Sheet 2: ColumnA ColumnB 5678 ? 8765 ...