Making words in a list a value!!

I am trying to create a list that will generate a value in another column
once that word or phrase is chosen.  Is this possible and how.  Exp.  In the
drop down list I would chose Product, then in the price column the price
automatically appears.
0
brco1 (1)

brco1,
Much better than I could ever explain the process. Here's exactly wha
you need.
HT

--
Case

Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47092

brcol

You could use the VLOOKUP Function with a table of Products and Prices.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for info.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

While you're there check out using Data Validation drop-downs for entering
values to lookup.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:17:01 -0700, "brco1" <brco1@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I am trying to create a list that will generate a value in another column
>once that word or phrase is chosen.  Is this possible and how.  Exp.  In the
>drop down list I would chose Product, then in the price column the price
>automatically appears.

0
Gord