Making MIcrosoft Word type from Right to Left

Hello.  If I have a long DNA sequence and I want to reverse it to read right
to left instead of it reading left to right, does anyone know how to do this
the easy way without having to retype everything manually?

For example, if I have:
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

I want:
zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba

Does anyone know the shortcut or the function?  Thanks a lot.
0
sl (9)

No idea about Word, but if you have Excel then you can dump the string in
there and use the following function to reverse the string, then paste back
into Word:-

For recent versions of excel

Function ReverseText(cell)
    ReverseText = StrReverse(cell.Text)
End Function

or if before Excel 2000

Function ReverseText1(cell)
'For prior to 2000
    Dim TextLen As Integer
    Dim i As Integer
    TextLen = Len(cell)
    For i = TextLen To 1 Step -1
        ReverseText = ReverseText & Mid(cell, i, 1)
    Next i
End Function

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"SL" <SL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.  If I have a long DNA sequence and I want to reverse it to read
right
> to left instead of it reading left to right, does anyone know how to do
this
> the easy way without having to retype everything manually?
>
> For example, if I have:
> Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
>
> I want:
> zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba
>
> Does anyone know the shortcut or the function?  Thanks a lot.

0
ken.wright (2489)

Macro oving minus sign from right to left not perfect yet
Hope somebody can help me. I copied the lines listed below into a macro to move the minus sign from data imported from a different source from the tight to the left. The macro works, however, the results are rounded and the decimals are not taken into account. When I enter f.e. 100,23- and run the macro the result is -100 which is not very handy since I use it a lot on journal entries. Sub ConvertMinus() Dim MemberCell As Range For Each MemberCell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If Right(MemberCell.Formula, 1) = "-" Then MemberCell.Formula = _ Va...

sample making form and macro in database access
I have data project for my computer database training, can u provide me a sample data that can give me understanding to make this project well. I need sample that how to make queries, form and macro. Especially queries that confused to me to understand in thier different types.Any suggestion that can give me idea to make this my own? ...

make new table
i have the follow problem, i have a table like this in excel worksheet... i have in collums the number of the days of one month 1,2...31, each day have / occupies 3 different collums beneath with values and the same patern for all the days, the problem is that i don't have all the fields filled with numbers but some, now i want to collect those numbers and make a new table that contains the numbers...... how i can do it? (at the A collum every row have a different name) i don't know how to describe it better but for simplicity for each row i want to have the values of every of the 3 c...

Creating multiply word documents
Hi Forum, Task: for every Excel Sheet should be created a Word-Document 1) Name of Word-Document = Name of Sheet 2) Fields in Word-Documents will be feet from Excel Cells (from the corresponding Sheet) - e.g. A3, F7, G1, ... 3) The assigment between Word Field <-> Excel Cell: manually (1x) 4) Creating word documents automatically Question: binding cells to fields via "Link to Excel" works fine. Could be used this construction for the task above ? Thnaks in advance, Michel ...

Word keeps CONFIGURING on start
Does anyone know why WORD keeps CONFIGURING on start? It happens about every third time I start WORD 2007. It does not happen with any other OFFICE program. I ran MS diagnostics and had no problems reported. Thanks for any help. Skip In news:66A5CAC9-BA07-4E97-962F-1971DD7BB592@microsoft.com, Skip <Skip@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Does anyone know why WORD keeps CONFIGURING on start? It happens > about every third time I start WORD 2007. It does not happen with > any other OFFICE program. I ran MS diagnostics and had no problems > reported. Tha...

Font dosen't revert back to original after typing in date
Example I n my text I type I have December 28th The th automatically reduces to a much smaller font and once you hit the sapce bar to continue it reverts back to the larger font. It only does this some of times, why is this being so inconsistent?. I refortmated my comp. last week and when I reinstalled office I was hoping this inconsistent problem would have been resloved, but no 2nd question please. When I post a question in "discussion group" and check the box "Notify me of Replies" I never receice a reply to my question I then have to go back to ...

How to make the top row sticky
Hi, Here's an example: 4429 How can I make the top row (PTSD1, PTSD2,....) from disappearing when the buttom of the page is reached. Alternatively, is there a way to change the column Labels (A, B, C...) to what I need (PTSD1, PTSD2...) Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: pic0001.gif | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4429 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- shutdown ----------------------------------------------------...

Insert Pagebreak in Word document
I have this code Sub Flet() Dim Wdapp As Object Dim Navn As String Dim Adr As String Dim PostnrBy As String On Error Resume Next Set Wdapp = GetObject(, "Word.application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then Set Wdapp = CreateObject("Word.Application") End If Wdapp.Documents.Add For Each c In Range("A2:A20") If c.Value = "" Then Exit For Else Navn = c.Value Adr = c.Offset(0, 1).Value PnrBy = c.Offset(0, 2).Value & " " & c...

Can you change your Microsoft word setting for a turabian paper?
Can you change your Microsoft word setting for a turabian paper? From the Style list in the Citations & Bibliography section of the References tab of the Ribbon you can select the Turabian style. -- Hope this helps. but do not ask me any more about it as my formal education was long before the advent of computers. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "LC" <LC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85B7934A...

DVD off Center and Right side cut off in WMP 11
I am using Windows XP Pro SP3 and just updated to WMP 11. When I play a DVD it seems to be zoomed in or stretched on the screen and the right side of the movie is cut off. I've tried everything I know to do to fix it, and that knowledge is slim! Any suggestions are very much appreciated! ...

how do I email a log in publisher as a word doc
i have a logo I made in publisher and want to send it as an email attachment. the recipient has requested i send it as a word doc so they can open it but I can't find how to do that. I am not computer literate. help please polly777 <polly777@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > i have a logo I made in publisher and want to send it as an email > attachment. the recipient has requested i send it as a word doc so > they can open it but I can't find how to do that. Does the recipient intend to use the logo in another document, or simply view it...

need to make 3 fields into 1 field
I have an mail list that has been created with 3 address fields. These fields need to be consolidated into 1 field. Can this be done. Thanks try =a1 & " " & b1 etc -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Georgia" <Georgia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:967B03F1-717D-47BB-80D6-3A289DCAC1A8@microsoft.com... > I have an mail list that has been created with 3 address fields. These > fields need to be consolidated into 1 field. Can this be done. > > Thanks > Georgia Most programs that use Adresses like them ...

Creating a Survey in Excel/Word
I need to create a survey, and rather than create it in word, and the put all the respodent data in by hand, I would like to know if there i a way to either import the data into an Excel spreadsheet, eithe through VBA or other avenues. Or if there is a good way to us userforms, or some other excel functionality to accomplish this. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! How will the survey be filled in? On-line; laptop; paper; by responden or an interviewer? On these answers will depend what options you have for collating you data. Al -- Message posted from http://...

Using Outlook 2003 with Word 2007
I would like to continue to use Outlook 2003 with Word 2007. Should I expect any problem in doing so? Such as - will the Word Editor feature work as when I use Word 2003? Thanks. I can think of only one problem should you anticipate. You can't do it. You will lose all integration features. Other than that, enjoy. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jsg@optonline.net> wrote in message news:1178574246.410946.289900@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I would like to continue to use Outlook 2003 with Word 2007. Should I > expect any problem in doing so? Such as - will the Word E...

Problem using excel workbook in word mailmerge
I have not gotten any response from the word mailmerge topic so thought I'd try here. Problem running a mailmerge with an Excel workbook. Some of the worksheets work, other worksheets bring up the select table a second time and it is blank. There are worksheets for all 12 months. March, May, July, September and November have this problem. The other months are fine. We can select the 'May 05$' in the select table box, then it comes back a second time blank. When we select the 'January 05$' table, the mailmerge is successful. Why do some of the worksheets com...

Mouse right click problem #2
Hi, I seem to have disabled my mouse right click function - which I desp need back - whilst using my excel - any ideas how to get it back thanks In Control Panel, double-click on the Mouse icon and verify the properties for the various buttons on your mouse. HTH If a macro disabled the right mouse button in Excel you can reset it by running this code: CommandBars("Cell").Reset Another way is to delete (or move) your toolbar file (with Excel closed). This is named something like Excel.xlb and is typically found in a folder like: C:\Documents and Settings\<Your login...

Does CRM have a Microsoft Project like add-on?
Hello All: Does anyone know if CRM has a Microsoft Project like add-on? I was using Microsoft "Project Central" (which had it's own issues), but am looking for something like that. The best of both worlds would be an interface between the two packages. I am open to any suggestions. -Bill Project Central (v2000) was the first attempt to take MS Project to a server-based centralized solution. They have made great strides in more recent version. The latest is called "Project Server 2003" which is part of the "Enterprise Project Management Solution&q...

Merge- top to bottom not left to right
I ahve a list of over 300 names that i am tryiing merge onto a ticket format that carries 8 tickets to a page. Problem is when I try and merge I get all the same name on the 8 tickets each page 300 times. I want to have each name only once --or 8 names per page. If I merge and change the format by taking and changing each of the 8 tickets ( name1, name2, name3 etc.) That turns into me ahveing to change up all my names by moving them from top to bottom and going left toright. If I could just merge them eight at a time in each column that would be great. Since you say your list contains over 3...

Word-to-prn
I need to convert the Doc(word) file to Prn file through any programming language. Could you please advise me how to convert doc to prn(or)ps without manual interaction (Or) Is there any third party tool available for this. Thanks in advance Use the following VBA command ActiveDocument.PrintOut _ Background:=False, _ Append:=False, _ OutputFileName:="c:\myfile.prn", _ PrintToFile:=True -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins...

Is it possible to make proposals in microsoft CRM?
Hello, I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to make proposals in microsoft CRM? My problem is that we work only with services, not products, and MS CRM can create quotes, orders, and invoices. All of them for products only! But I need to make proposals, for services!! Is there a way to do that? Excuse the english. Setup your services in the product catalog. Define them as you would services either with the total quantity being hours or some other unit. Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM "webbureau" <webbureau@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175369876.193027.11460@p77g...

Displaying colour codes in Word 2007
I know this one isn't new, but that isn't a reason not to protest. There seems to be a conspiracy at M$ to drive the largest possible number of people MAD. When you select or inspect the colour of text or another item in Word 2007, the colour codes (rgb) are no longer diplayed in this version. Apparantly, this is because Word has been dumbed down for the benefit of people who've never seen a computer. If you want to choose a colour that matches another part of the document or an imported item, you need a large number of mouse clics. Even then it is far from obv...

Activate Your Software Assurance Benefits for Microsoft Dynamics C
Software Assurance is a key part of protecting your business investment in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Through support, training, information services and product upgrades, the Software Assurance plan provides the most value in keeping your Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution current, safe, and fully effective. Activate your benefits or renew your plan today at https://mbs.microsoft.com/mbsregistration/chooserelationship.aspx. -- Katie Wohlman, Customer Services Marketing Manager ...

Word 2003 template problem
I have created a template for a very large document (2000+ pages) which contains all of the styles used in the document. As I bring new material into the document, I first copy it into a new document (to clean it up, apply formatting and perform some basic edits) where I apply the template. This procedure worked well until a couple of days ago. Now, when the template is applied, the header style alignment is not the same as specified in the template (I have opened blank documents using the template and the alignment is fine). The master document which is based on the template sti...

Word 2007 Outline Level changes keep on reverting
Hi, I'm trying to tidy up the formatting of a 120 page report in Word 2007, which was written by someone else and originally based on a Word 2003 Template / doc. The main problem is with the Outline Level - text (some Normal text, some text formatted as Captions, but not others, some Bold Text, some Italics, etc.) which should be Body Text appears as Level 1. When I change it to Body Text in Paragraph formatting, close the document and re-open it, it usually retains the Body Text formatting I want, but when I open it a second time, it's reverted back to the old formatting. This...