Making a compiled list in Excel #2

Don Guillett Wrote:
> You may have over complicated this. Why not just put a x beside each an
> use
> data>filter>autofilter>filter on the non blanks>use =SUBTOTAL to
> count/sum/avg and use f5 copy visible cells only. Why do you need the
> checkbox.

I want to use a checkbox as I'm making an application for other user
and so I think it will be easiest for them if they can select items b
simply clicking a checkbox on or off.

There will be selection lists like this spread over at least
worksheets and I want to be able to summarise they selected items o
-another- worksheet so that if people want to quickly view what item
they've selected, they can just look at this compiled list withou
having to flick through numerous worksheets trying to remember wha
they've selected.

I don't need to perform any SUBTOTAL or any other functions on th
selected items, I just need a list of what the selected items are! I
would have to automatically update as well everytime a new item wa
selected or a selected one deselected. This is, again, because it's fo
an end-user application and I don't want people to have to go throug
filter menus etc or have to refresh the worksheets to get them t
update - it has to be automatic.

Cheers
-Ro

--