Make Excel add

I need  a formula where excel would recognize an entry in say column "AO"
(any entry) and add 1 to the number already in column AN.  Something like
that, I hope somebody understands what I am trying to say.  Thanks
0
bman (25)

In cell AO1, put this formula and copy and paste it as far down column AO as
you need..........

=AN1+1

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bman" wrote:

> I need  a formula where excel would recognize an entry in say column "AO"
> (any entry) and add 1 to the number already in column AN.  Something like
> that, I hope somebody understands what I am trying to say.  Thanks
0
CLR (807)
1/11/2006 2:32:04 PM
What if there is already a formula in column AO -- =IF(AH7="","",AH7) -- can
I add to it to add 1 to column AN when AO is updated?

"CLR" wrote:

> In cell AO1, put this formula and copy and paste it as far down column AO as
> you need..........
>
> =AN1+1
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "Bman" wrote:
>
> > I need  a formula where excel would recognize an entry in say column "AO"
> > (any entry) and add 1 to the number already in column AN.  Something like
> > that, I hope somebody understands what I am trying to say.  Thanks
0
bman (25)
1/11/2006 3:11:08 PM
Hi

Do you mean you want to count any cells with values in column AO and add
that figure to a figure in cell AN1?
If so =AN1+COUNTA(AO:AO)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Bman" <Bman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need  a formula where excel would recognize an entry in say column
>"AO"
> (any entry) and add 1 to the number already in column AN.  Something
> like
> that, I hope somebody understands what I am trying to say.  Thanks

0
roger5293 (1125)
1/11/2006 3:19:12 PM
Actually I don't want to add the value that will be inputted but I want to
add 1 to AN if anything is inputted into AO

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Do you mean you want to count any cells with values in column AO and add
> that figure to a figure in cell AN1?
> If so =AN1+COUNTA(AO:AO)
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> "Bman" <Bman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need  a formula where excel would recognize an entry in say column
> >"AO"
> > (any entry) and add 1 to the number already in column AN.  Something
> > like
> > that, I hope somebody understands what I am trying to say.  Thanks

0
bman (25)
1/11/2006 3:32:03 PM
Is this what you want?

=IF(AH7="","",AH7+AN7+1)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bman" wrote:

> What if there is already a formula in column AO -- =IF(AH7="","",AH7) -- can
> I add to it to add 1 to column AN when AO is updated?
>
> "CLR" wrote:
>
> > In cell AO1, put this formula and copy and paste it as far down column AO as
> > you need..........
> >
> > =AN1+1
> >
> > Vaya con Dios,
> > Chuck, CABGx3
> >

> > "Bman" wrote:
> >
> > > I need  a formula where excel would recognize an entry in say column "AO"
> > > (any entry) and add 1 to the number already in column AN.  Something like
> > > that, I hope somebody understands what I am trying to say.  Thanks
0
CLR (807)
1/11/2006 3:35:04 PM
Hi
Then maybe
=AN1+1*COUNTA(AO:AO)>0

--

> Actually I don't want to add the value that will be inputted but I
> want to
> add 1 to AN if anything is inputted into AO
>
> "Roger Govier" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Do you mean you want to count any cells with values in column AO and
>> add
>> that figure to a figure in cell AN1?
>> If so =AN1+COUNTA(AO:AO)
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> Roger Govier
>>

>> "Bman" <Bman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I need  a formula where excel would recognize an entry in say column
>> >"AO"
>> > (any entry) and add 1 to the number already in column AN.
>> > Something
>> > like
>> > that, I hope somebody understands what I am trying to say.  Thanks

0
roger5293 (1125)

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

making filtering rules?
hi, i am trying to create a rule that goes something like if (site1.com OR site2.org OR site3.gov) AND (agri OR agriculture OR agribusiness) then move to folder X that is, if it is from any of those sites AND has any of those keywords then move it. The problem is i can't seem to figure out the specifying the AND part. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko ...

TaxFree add-on
Somebody have an add-on for taxfree print? I need a demo to submit to customer that use rms 1.3 thank you cod ...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Excel error 1706

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

Charttitle.Text crashes (Excel 2000)
Hi, when I try to run the following code (on an existing diagram): With ActiveChart Dim globalLstFile as String globalLstFile =3D "02 KOBA_XYZ_C3-06214 02- 20.7-20.8=B0C Touchprobe Mittelpunkte.lst" =2EHasTitle =3D True =2EChartTitle.Text =3D "KOBA Sphere Gauge S/N 38 538 (" + globalLstFile + ")" & Chr(10) & _ "color coding: red =3D Zone 1, green =3D Zone 2, blue =3D Zone 3"= & Chr(10) & _ "light color: measurements that contain spheres that are within 20 cm of the edge of the measurement volume" ..=...