make a quickjump

hi, i want to make a file that can calculate numbers from differen
excelfiles.

therefore i want to make a cell in this file in which you can enter th
name of an excel-file. Another cell where i can put the range for th
first variable in the excel-file, Another cell where i can put th
range for the other variable in the excel-file...etc...

please take a look at the simple dummyfile i put in attachment..

                Attachment filename: results.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=62348

You can use the INDIRECT function, but NOT with closed files

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=623480
> ---

Don

Can I use an "=" in Excel 2007 cell without making it a function?
I need the use the equal sign -- "=" -- in a worksheet without Excel assuming I'm begining a function or formula. I changed the cell to "Text" format, but it didn't help. Surely there is a way to do it, but I can't find the answer anywhere. If cell pre-formatted as Text it should be OK but to make sure. Preface with an apostrophe. '= the apostrophe won't display in the cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:17:02 -0800, Aurrion <Aurrion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need the use the equal s...

Making pick list conditional on selection from previous pick list
I would like to know how to make a pick list (a "list" of names) conditional on what was picked in the previous column pick list (e.g. of the 4 main areas of a plant (pick list/ column A), there are anywhere from 3 to 5 sections within each main area. I would like to format/program the second pick list (coumn B) to only show the list of sections corresponding to the 'main area' selected in column A. Then I need to do this for a third pick list (specific equipment). If you have an example, it would be appreciated. Thank you. Hi Stewart, See Debra Dalgleish's Depend...

How to make a forecast for a highly seasonal business?
Hi all, I am working on some inventory management research. One step of the study is to forecast a 1-year sales performance. Please take a look at this picture. http://218.1.33.178/fish/sans.jpg You see, this 36-month picture showed a seasonal sales performance. Now I have some questions. Is it possible to make a scientific 12-month forecast (from 10.2004-9.2005) at the same time according to these data? Or should I make 10.2004 forecast at first and then move to 11.2004, and finally 9.2005? What is the usually methodologies to make this kind of forecast? Thank you very much. Any help would b...

In EXCEL2000, How can I copy a file and make it usable in MS WORK
How can I use an Excel 2000 file in a MS Works spreadsheet? I don't use MSWorks, but doesn't MSWorks just support a single worksheet file? And there are probably things (functions/formatting) that are available in xl2k that aren't supported in MSWorks. But if you look at File|Open in MSWorks, you'll see all the file types that it supports. Then go back to xl2k and file|SaveAs as one of those file types. (I think Lotus files (.wks) is shared between the two.) And you may want to try just try copying from excel and pasting into MSWorks. It may work for you. TampaDog wrote...

Optimizer choice doesn't make sense, goes from index seek to table scan when adding a SARG
Running on SQL Server 2008 SP1. The following select (correctly) uses a non-clustered index on ACCT_TYP_CD returning just over 15000 rows in 41ms. It does a single scan and needs 37 logical reads to complete the query. select acct_cd from CS_FUND where ACCT_TYP_CD = 'G'; Change the query to be this: select acct_cd from CS_FUND where ACCT_TYP_CD = 'G' and GRP_TYPE_CD = 'BKR_RULES'; and the optimizer now chooses to do a clustered index scan, taking significantly longer, 971 ms, 8 scans and over 59,000 logical reads. It returns no rows. T...

Making the report footer not visible
My objective is to use VB to hide the footer in a report. I am using the following: Reports("" & ReportName & "").Section(ReportFooter).Visible = False where Reportname is just that. However it hides the details section. How does one hide the footer? Just found a soluton that works. But is there a btter way? Reports("" & ReportName & "").Section(2).Visible = False "KM" wrote: > My objective is to use VB to hide the footer in a report. I am using the > following: > Reports("" & Repo...

Re: how do I make a recipe calendar
I want to put the recipes on the top of the calendare for a school project. can anyone help me. Hi Shelly, Are you wanting to use Microsoft Office Access to accomplish this task? If not, then I'm afraid that you have posted to the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html __________________________________________ "sh...

cannot make rules
i cannot use the word "or" in a rule in outlook 2003 while this was totally easy in outlook express, any help? ...

Is there any way to make a section in executable.. ??
Hi, I want to use the VC++ language to do the following.. I want my data to be written in my executable itself.. So, is there any way to create a section in the PE format by the same exe ?? and write variable size of data in that everytime the application runs ?? Is there any way to do so ? Regards, Jigar Mehta CheckAbdoul wrote: > You can keep the data as a custom resource and use the following API's > to update them. > > BeginUpdateResource() > UpdateResource() > EndUpdateResource() > Thannks for the APIs.. Any article that woul...

***MAKE A LIVING ONLINE*** #2
***MAKE A LIVING ONLINE*** A special invitation to... The first no-hype, step-by-step Guide to Making a Living from the Internet... If you're like most folks scanning your email, you're busy so I'll make this quick... Have you ever considered trying to make money at home so you can spend less time working and more time LIVING? If so, you've probably been to lots of "business opportunity" sites. Well here's a new site that is NOT a biz-op site, and we strongly recommend you take a moment to visit... www.make-a-living-online.com/?d010305 The guy behind...

Make the bulletin board work properly
I've searching for: export Excel excel advanced Advanced export returns results with titles including Advanced. But advanced/Advanced returns no results. How can this be? Is it just me? Also, it seems slow. But there may be other reasons, local to me, for that. Be helpful to be able to search more quickly, choose title/body. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...

Making Exchange 2003 server a DC/GC server?
Is it now a recommended practice to make a primary corporate Exchange 2003 server an AD domain controller/GC server, so that the Exchange server can do local GC lookups faster (as long as the server has the RAM and horsepower)? Robert: I have never seen a recommendation that this is a good practice. While "best practices" for some things change over time, I think this is still a bad idea (IMHO). In an environment with more than a few hundred users, it is just a bad design. Small organizations can't afford this, of course, but larger ones can and should put their D...

how can i make business cards multiple in a page?
pls. pls. pls. any answers would help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suspect you are printing a single card in the middle of an 8�"x11". In Publisher 2000 (similar in other versions; let's hope) when you select File, Print, then the Page options button, Print multiple copies per sheet, custom options button to check that your gaps and margins are what you want. Then OK Ok printer runs NOW Save the file to retain all the settings you just made. Next time you print cards you will only need to select File, Print. -- Don Vancouver, USA "sha" <sha@discussions.microsoft.com...

Using OutputTo Excel
Hi I am using the following command to put the results of a query in to an excel spreadsheet: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "Emission Trading Log", _ acFormatXLS, "ETL.xls", True I end up with a file called "ETL.xls" with a Worksheet called "Emission Trading Log". Is there any way that I can create more than one worksheet with this command - each with a different name? I want one sheet for each trader. Stapes The following code can be used multiple times for the same work book (in the on click event of a button). I have included a Dim stat...

Excel wont let me take an old workbook & save as to make a new 1
For some reason excel will not let me do a save as on an old workbook to make a copy it just stops responding?....Rik Did you just update windows? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Rik" <Rik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AB69540-0AE5-46ED-8F8E-B8ACDCDF5372@microsoft.com... > For some reason excel will not let me do a save as on an old workbook to > make > a copy it just stops responding?....Rik ...

Make button on the dialog currently selected programmatically
I have dialog-based MFC application. There are 2 buttons at the bottom of the dialog - "Start" and "Finish". After I press "Start" lengthy operation is performed. At the end of this operation I want "Finish" button to become selected automatically. Using GetDlgItem(IDFINISH)->SetActiveWindow(); does make "Finish" button active. That is if after lengthy operation is completed and I press "Space" the effect is the same as when I pressed "Finish" button. However, "Finish" button doesn't look like it was tab...

Making a Blank Cell
I am displaying monthly data in a simple line chart. When the data in the assoicated cells (say for april onwards) is completely blank (not data or equation in the cell) the line on the chart stops at march (this is the effect i need). However, the data in the cells is not typed in but calculated from other cells. With the presence of the formuae the chart automatically assumes that the value for the month of april onwards is zero even if the cell value has been set by the formuea to equal "", causing the lines to drop to zero. Is there any way set a cell value to 'blank...

Making page fit inserted picture
I inserted a jpeg picture and resized it to be 4"by 6". How do I make the Publisher page equal to the picture (i.e. no white space around the picture, so that the page is the same size as the picture) Setup your page 4 x 6. You need to create a custom size in your printer 4 x 6. If you do not create a custom printer size then Publisher will print multiple copies per page. It would help to know what version Publisher you are using. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jeancho" <Jeancho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A67D046-AE87-4D99-9B9C...

How do you make the labels of the columns back to letters from numbers?
For some reason, when I open a new or existing Excel file now, my Columns are labeled numbers instead of letters. How do I switch them back to letters? On 24 Mar 2007 06:16:22 -0700, cindytray@... wrote in microsoft.public.excel: >For some reason, when I open a new or existing Excel file now, my >Columns are labeled numbers instead of letters. > >How do I switch them back to letters? Menu: Tools / Options... / General / R1C1 reference style: untick -- Michael Bednarek http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO BILLS" ...

Can you make excel auto save your workbook?
I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is possible. Can it do that? Hi what Excel version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FE6930C8-D9D4-46D0-825E-0C25A02C1B71@microsoft.com... > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is > possible. Can it do that? Excel 2003 "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > what Excel version are you using? > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Making End User Recovery Work
I've seen a lot of people commenting how EUR never works for them. It does work for me after a lot of fiddling, and here are some brief comments that might help: 1. Don't just turn it on within DPM itself; go to one of your domain controllers and run the EUR setup utility. For DPM2010 it can be found at: \\dpmserver\c$\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\End User Recovery\DPMADSchemaExtension.exe For DPM2007 I believe it's at: \\dpmserver\c$\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\End User Recovery\DPMADSchemaExtension.exe Remember, run this on your...

Make $15,000 in one month guaranteed
Hello, No need to purchase just click or copy and paste the link YOUR JAW WILL HIT THE FLOOR WHEN YOU HEAR WHAT I'VE GOT TO SAY I'm about to present you with the most amazing income opportunity you have ever seen. So far i have made $24,000 + this month alone. CASH MAGNET Please click link to see for yourself. No need to pay aution cost. The link is free. http://www.the-cash-magnet.com/index.php?uid=3D1816 I tested this product as part of research into so called money making schemes and was blown away. I just want to tell everyone i can and anyone who like me wants to earn more m...

Making a list of discrete numbers (names?) and occurences of each
Here's what I have: A spreadsheet sent to me with a list of filter part numbers, with each vehicle having it's own row and each type of filter (air, oil, etc) having it's own column. I would like to create from this data a sorted list of each different filter part number, along with a count of how many times that part number is on the sheet. Part numbers contain both numeric and alpha characters in some cases. It seems like something not so hard to do, but I've been bashing my head for some time! Ideally, I would like it to automatically update - if I put in a ...

How I can open and make changes to an adobe pdf file?
I have a brochure sent to me in a pdf format. I have adobe acrobat 6.0 professional. I need to make changes to the brochure. Can I make those changes in publisher? I have microsoft publisher 2003. Hi Damaris (Damaris@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a brochure sent to me in a pdf format. I have adobe acrobat || 6.0 professional. I need to make changes to the brochure. Can I || make those changes in publisher? I have microsoft publisher 2003. No, unless you bought the PDFConverter for Word/Publisher at www.scansoft.com -- Brian Kvalheim Microsof...

In Tools <Options -any selection I make returns a !Warning "Can't
In Tools <Options -any selection I make returns a !Warning "Can't access directory (followed by usual directory and route). Also, the AutoRecover is indicating it cannot find the (same) directory, asking to check network connection,or (wait for it...) an instruction to go to Tools <Options and click Save... Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance There's not that many options under Tools|Options that need a directory/folder. I saw a couple under the General Tab and one on the Save tab. I'd start by looking there. Jibble wrote: > > In Tools <Options ...