Mail Merge macro

How can I record a macro, with a pause, and then resume the macro to make a
mail merge.  Data for merge is stored in Excel.  Form is set up in Word.  I
can't get the macro to record.

0
WOMEN (2)

I'm not sure if this is true, but I think I'd record the macro while in MSWord.

I would think that it would be easier there (from someone who hasn't done this).

If you think that it might be true, you may want to post in one of the MSWord
newsgroups.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Wonder Women" wrote:

> How can I record a macro, with a pause, and then resume the macro to make a
> mail merge.  Data for merge is stored in Excel.  Form is set up in Word.  I
> can't get the macro to record.

If you started the process in MSWord and used MSWord's macro recorder, you may
want to post to an MSWord newsgroup.

--

Dave Peterson
0

I hardly ever use Word but I was doing volunteer work at an organization
that wanted to run mailing labels in Word. I set up the list(s) in Excel
with macros to create sublists and then, after much effort made my one and
only macro in Word to select the sublists and run the labels. I used the
following MS article as a basis and stumbled along and finally got something
to work:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258512
HOWTO Automate Word from Visual Basic to Create a Mail Merge for Mailing
Labels.htm

If you have problems and need assistance you can email me.

CHORDially,
Art Farrell

"Wonder Women" <WonderWomen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry -- but this is what I have done and it will not record the macro.  I
> start out getting the form in word and the macro works until I try to do
the
> mail merge section.  Anyone, help???
>
> "Wonder Women" wrote:
>
> > How can I record a macro, with a pause, and then resume the macro to
make a
> > mail merge.  Data for merge is stored in Excel.  Form is set up in Word.
> > can't get the macro to record.

0
artf1 (10)

Transferring e-mails with an ISP different at Outlook.
I have got two differents name's accounts with Yahoo, I would like to transfer part of the messages from one account to another, is nearly at 85% full. I have tried with Reply and Forward selecting several messages but it allows me only one by one. I have around 950 messages.What can I do.Thank you in advance! -- In news:B1CFBA36-83C4-4DBC-98FC-05E26881ACB4@microsoft.com, jessy <jessy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have got two differents name's accounts with Yahoo, You mean, you have two different Yahoo e-mail accounts, which you check in Outlook? > I wou...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

Macros for worksheet copy & paste?
I have 6 different excel files. How can I combine all 6 of them in one single excel file under individual worksheets (E.g. Worksheet1 for File1, worksheet2 for File2 ....etc)? I do not wish to copy & paste it manually. Can I use a macro to take care of it? If so, where can I find further info on how to go about it? THANKS!! Assuming (1) this is a one-time need, and (2) your workbooks have only one sheet each, this would probably be faster done by hand: 1) With all the files open choose one of the files to be the receiving file. 2) Select the sheet in the subsequent books, one at...

outlook not senfing mail
i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. thank you any error messages? a bernstein ����: > i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was > fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. > > thank you ...

merging .PST files #4
I made a huge mistake.... In restoring my .pst files I attached to the incorrect one and now i have a lot of information in the incorrect one that I need to have moved to the correct one. Providing I even know what the correct one is...then there are emails still on the email server that need to be downloaded also. Can someone please walk me through what I need to do to clean up this herendous mess! Please? Thank you Before we waste a lot of time giving you instructions that may or may not apply, start by specifying your Outlook version and decide which PST file you'd like t...

Creating a "Do_Not_Reply" e-mail address
I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com address that any user that I give permission to on the domain can send as by putting the above address in the "From:" field of their Outlook client and the external recipient will receive this and only see that it came from the do-not-reply address and not the send on behalf of user. Also what would be the best way to block or not receive the e-mails even if an external user does reply to it? On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:56:22 -0700, "D-a-n_L" <dlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com addr...

Sending a workbook as a mail attachment
Hey Folks, Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather then having the reps remember to send the workbook i'd like to have it send itself automatically - say on Saturdays or Sundays. Ideas? Nel post news:1165167749.298713.321880@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com *Gord* ha scritto: > Hey Folks, > > Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an > time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather > then having the reps remember to send the wor...

Rename/Delete/Deactivate Junk Mail Folder
Hi! Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2003? If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start. I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be renamed/deleted or deactivated?! Please help! Thanks Mustafa That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

E-mail error?
Recently my email ceased sending/receiving. The program has started asking me to enter in my username and password each time I try to send/receive (it never did that before); however, the log-in window just reappears after I click 'Ok'. I'm fairly certain I am entering the correct information -- it isn't telling me that I'm not. If I click cancel, I then receive an error message that says: Account: 'Shaw Email (smckelly)', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Por...

mail merge with word 2007 and a riso
I'm having problems trying to mail merge a word 2007 document with a riso. all goes well and I can preview all the documents and all looks good until I try to finish and print it on a riso, and nothing happens. It works on word 2003 but not the new version. can anyone help? Can you merge to a new document? If so, try using the following macro from fellow MVP Doug Robbins to split that document to the printer as separate jobs Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter() ' splitter Macro ' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a ' mailmerge...

Mail merge & staple question
Does anyone know how to use mail merge in Publisher with a printer that folds and staples?? Publisher is sending it to the printer as "one" big file and trying to staples "all" my newsletters together instead of individual ones with the addresses on them. Or if anyone has any other programs or ideas on how I can accomplish this task, sure would be appreciated. Thanks While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Parishsecretary <Parishsecretary@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > Does anyone know how to use mai...

Help on Macro or Formula
Hi, i hope someone can help me. i need to create a formula that sits in a cell and looks for data. ( obvioiusly ). however, the formula needs to be in place even though the file from ehere the data comes from might not be there yet. ( i have to create a book that when a new file is created, the links are already in place ). i think it could work with an IF type formula for ( if B2="",""). here is my information. Cell description: A2 = Job no. B2 = Client Name D2 = Actual Spend on project Register!D2 = Job Description Register!H2 = Quoted Amount my path is S:\Clients\...

Excel 2000 macro security Level
Hi! I am running an ASP.NET application which ideally opens an Exce spreadsheet with a macro included in it. When I try opening spreadsheet without a macro, everything works fine, but with macros, i hangs on the opening command. I tried to go to Excel 2000 and go t Tools->Macros->Security Level->Low but it still hangs when I try t open the macro spreadsheet. All works fine with the spreadsheet no containing macros, so it really is a question of macro security. But put it to low, so I don't understand how it is still not opening!! An help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and...

Clear Junk E-mail Folder
It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder on exit Outlook. Is there any way to do that? Thanks. I'm using OL2003. ...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

received mail goes directly to "deleted items" folder
When getting new mail, the mail goes directly to the "Deleted Items" folder instead of the "Inbox". Any suggestions? ...

Autosave mail sent from delegated mailbox
I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox. His mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it added to their Exchange account. This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox and all users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and what the reply was. best You would have to write an event sink. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA61E72C-9405-4BF...

Outlook 2003 E-mail Preview before receiving
I currently use an E-mail client called GoldMine that allows me to preview e-mail sent to me on the server before actually downloading/receiving it to my computer. I find this extremely beneficial in weeding out the junk/unsolicited and potentially virus-infected e-mail. Is it possible to do this with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003? When selecting send/receive , it appears the only option option is to actually download/receive the message to be able to view it. If you are aware as to how I may be able to preview first without downloading, please provide instructions on how to achi...

vba code to enable macros
Hi, Can we write a vba code to enable macros. In most of the sites it says we cant do that . The only thing we can do is change the macro setting or work around is hide the sheet which has macros. But none of them will work in my case. Can we change an excel security setting to from macro on open so that macros are enabled. No. If we can do that with code, then so could a hacker with bad intentions. Mike F "varsha12" <varsha12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBEB1614-C956-491B-B351-02DD9F711891@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can we w...

bad mail #2
I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but I have a feeling that the amount of bad mail is increasing every day. We are small network with one 2003 domain/exchange server and some 10 users. I would say we are "average" mail users and I haven't notice this before until my backup failed several times trying to backup bad mail folder. This was never an issue before. I'm not sure if somebody can advise me on this one, but if somebody has any clue what is the "healthy" amount of bad mail and is there one at all? The badmail folder is normally NDRs that we...

trouble receiving mail
hi oh computer smart ones!! am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg: Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au', Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus found in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling...

Macro on a protected worksheet in a shared workbook.
Hi, I have a macro in protected worksheets that can't run once the Workbook is Shared. I have wrapped the Macro code so as the worksheet is unprotected for the time the Macro runs, and unable the Autofilter. The code is as follow at the moment: Sub Newaction() Sheets("Critical Path").Unprotect ("") ' Newaction Macro ' Macro recorded 17/11/2004 by Clifford ' ' Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" Sheets("Critical Path").EnableAutoFilter = True Sheets("Critical Path").Protect contents:=True, userInter...