mail merge- & data source - only taking 1st name in the list

I'm trying to do a mail merge to a label document. I have 10 separate names
to put in 10 separate labels. I insert the merge field. When it goes to merge
& print  the doc, it only merges the 1st name under the title  it isn't
grabbing all the names to put in each of the labels.

Thank you in advance for your help!

 Harriet
0
harriet (11)

Check this link to David McRitchie's web page on the subject.

HTH,

RD

"harriet" <harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do a mail merge to a label document. I have 10 separate
names
> to put in 10 separate labels. I insert the merge field. When it goes to
merge
> & print  the doc, it only merges the 1st name under the title  it isn't
> grabbing all the names to put in each of the labels.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help!
>
>  Harriet

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
2/20/2005 8:28:33 PM
Thank you for the site which is pretty good.  I've done what he says.  I'm
still having the probelm where when you merge it only graps the first name in
the column & ignores the rest.  I've made it the first sheet, I have a
header, I've set a print range on the list - so when the source is accepted
it identifies the print range as my source, but it won't take the whole
column.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

> Check this link to David McRitchie's web page on the subject.
>
> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm
>

> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "harriet" <harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to do a mail merge to a label document. I have 10 separate
> names
> > to put in 10 separate labels. I insert the merge field. When it goes to
> merge
> > & print  the doc, it only merges the 1st name under the title  it isn't
> > grabbing all the names to put in each of the labels.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your help!
> >
> >  Harriet

0
harriet (11)
2/21/2005 12:01:01 AM
Word MVP Graham Mayor has some label instructions on his web site. Maybe
they'll help you:

   http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_word_xp.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
2/21/2005 12:14:38 AM
Hi Ms. Dalgleish,
I stumbled upon it myself. I was on the MVP website & the other website the
other person who was trying to help me. (which I appreciate you both)

I didn't see this anywhere -but I seem to skip a lot of things -
Anyways, in the merge toolbar is a button for propogate labels.  I clicked
on that & then the rest of the list appeared on the labels.

It is very frustrating when you dig for stuff & it isn't written anywhere.
By chance have you seen this "propogating labels" referenced any where?

     thanks again,
        harriet

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> Word MVP Graham Mayor has some label instructions on his web site. Maybe
> they'll help you:
>
>    http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_word_xp.htm
>
> harriet wrote:
> > Thank you for the site which is pretty good.  I've done what he says.  I'm
> > still having the probelm where when you merge it only graps the first name in
> > the column & ignores the rest.  I've made it the first sheet, I have a
> > header, I've set a print range on the list - so when the source is accepted
> > it identifies the print range as my source, but it won't take the whole
> > column.
> >

> > "Ragdyer" wrote:
> >

> >>Check this link to David McRitchie's web page on the subject.
> >>
> >>http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm
> >>

> >>--
> >>HTH,
> >>
> >>RD
> >>
> >>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
> >>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>"harriet" <harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >>names

> >>merge

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

harriet (11)
2/21/2005 12:55:02 AM
Hi Ms. Daldleish,
I just went to the website you referenced Mr. Mayor.  He does say something
about the propogate button - that was the first one I saw that said anything
about that button.

   thank you very much,

     this is the 2nd time you helped me - thank you!!  harriet

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> Word MVP Graham Mayor has some label instructions on his web site. Maybe
> they'll help you:
>
>    http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_word_xp.htm
>
> harriet wrote:
> > Thank you for the site which is pretty good.  I've done what he says.  I'm
> > still having the probelm where when you merge it only graps the first name in
> > the column & ignores the rest.  I've made it the first sheet, I have a
> > header, I've set a print range on the list - so when the source is accepted
> > it identifies the print range as my source, but it won't take the whole
> > column.
> >

> > "Ragdyer" wrote:
> >

> >>Check this link to David McRitchie's web page on the subject.
> >>
> >>http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm
> >>

> >>--
> >>HTH,
> >>
> >>RD
> >>
> >>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
> >>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>"harriet" <harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >>names

> >>merge

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

harriet (11)
2/21/2005 1:01:07 AM
You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that you found what you needed.

harriet wrote:
> Hi Ms. Daldleish,
> I just went to the website you referenced Mr. Mayor.  He does say something
> about the propogate button - that was the first one I saw that said anything
> about that button.
>
>    thank you very much,
>
>      this is the 2nd time you helped me - thank you!!  harriet
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" wrote:
>

>>Word MVP Graham Mayor has some label instructions on his web site. Maybe
>>they'll help you:
>>
>>   http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_word_xp.htm
>>
>>harriet wrote:
>>
>>>Thank you for the site which is pretty good.  I've done what he says.  I'm
>>>still having the probelm where when you merge it only graps the first name in
>>>the column & ignores the rest.  I've made it the first sheet, I have a
>>>header, I've set a print range on the list - so when the source is accepted
>>>it identifies the print range as my source, but it won't take the whole
>>>column.

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

How to shift address listings from row list to columns?
I have a mailing list with name, address, city, state & zip with each item in individual rows like a list of labels and a few empty rows of space between each listing. How do I create/transfer this list into columns accross so I can sort by city or zip? Thank you! If your data is nicely grouped, with each group in 5 lines, viz: name add city state zip then an earlier suggestion given which worked might be worth a try: See: http://tinyurl.com/wgcb -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email --...

High score list?
How do I create a high score list for an everlasting soccer tournament? Perhaps something along these lines .. (Only takes 5 mins to set-up <g>) Assume the table below is in Sheet1, cols A to C, data from row2 down Game# Scorer Goals 00001 ABC 1 00002 XYZ 3 00003 ABC 3 00004 XYZ 2 Put in E2: =IF(B2="","",IF(COUNTIF($B$2:B2,B2)>1,"",ROW())) Copy E2 down to say, E1000 to cover the max expected number of rows of data in the table Col E will flag and assign uniques in col B with an arbitrary row number (for us to extract the list of unique scorers in Sh...

Not in list where cbo is null ie. tab through
Hi knowledgeable gurus, I have made use of "not in list" but in this instance I know that the record doesn't exist & as such I want to just tab through but invoke the "Not in List" sub. Can I do that in a before update without duplicating the whole code? What should I be doing as I don't want to add extra buttons etc You can just call the NotInList code directly with CALL Yourcbo_NotInList but I would lean toward executing a similar but different procedure. You can not pass the Response variable to the procedure so the code will almost certainly be...

Server-side delete all mail rule
Exchange as part of SBS 2000. I have a postmaster account to keep the RFC police happy, but I just de-assigned it from the AD admin account and re-assigned it to an account that I will never check (got tired of the junk). All that RFC requires is that it accept messages, not that I actually read them, and now I want to establish a rule to accept but delete all incoming messages automatically. However, the delete-all rule is a client-side rule, and I was hoping to never have to check the account. Ideas? Mailbox manager to purge email beyond say... 30 days perhaps for that mailbox? &q...

Reformat data to vertical format
Here is what I am trying to do. http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/totalcontrolproducts_OLD/download/images/Untitled-1.gif I have about a thousand records that I need in a vertical format with normal shared field name. Any suggestions -- Psydwaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Psydwaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2437 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37965 see Creating a Spreadsheet from Database data (#dbdata) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm...

avoiding duplicate in list
Dear All, I have created a list with a name for ex A1 : A25 named as number in this number list there are few numbers repeated i want to list the date without duplicating. I want to list the above date in a cell (using DATA >> VALIDATION >> LIST Cud plz help on this... Thanx and regds. CNP -- chinaprasad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chinaprasad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8621 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267171 Hi see: http://www.cpearson....

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Receiving Corrupt Mail (but only from one domain)
all, We have Exchange 2000 sp3 running on 2 boxes (Compaq Proliant win2k sp4). One server acts as the database server and the other as a connector server for lotus notes and sap interfaces. Our bridgehead is an Win2k sp4 Mailsweeper for SMTP 4.3_13 quarantine server. Mail comes in from mx record to bridgehead through quarantine rules and passed through to connector box and then on to local store on db box (bog standard stuff!). We receive mail o.k. from all domains except one. Our parent company is the only problem domain. They have basically the same setup as us and claim that no other domai...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

Line Graph with two different data points
Hello, I am trying to create a line chart with numbers from my product Vs a competitor. The problem i am having is how can i make a chart that will have four data points comparing to each other? For example Product A- 1.5 1.2 1.6 1.8 Product B- 2.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Product A- 70% 20 % 30% 67% Product B- 65% 30% 65% 55% How do i get all of these numbers on one chart? Is a line chart correct. I want to see these numbers compared?? Thank you so much Hi, Since the number don't appear related to the percentages you might plot them on the same chart but two different axes. If they were relate...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

Data changes when Analyzed with Excel
I have a query with 3 tables that represent master item list, count qty and as qty. When I look at the results in Query, all is well and accurate yet when I select Analyze with Excel, values change. For example, if a record shows zero qty in the as of field and zero quantity in the count field, I get a value in one or both of the fields that origianlly were zero. Other than linking the tables and grouping by master item list (to show all parts regardless of qty's), there are no formulas or expressions in this query. One of the tables is linked to a FoxPro table via ODBC driver. ...

validation list or combo box dependant on cell value
Am i able to determine the values shown in either a validation list or combo box being dependant on a value in another cell? ie: Cell A1 = BOB then validation or combo box would then base it's list from the named range (or whatever the solution may be) based on Bob. if i was to change A1 to ROY then it would also change the underlying list? I have tried everything that i think SHOULD work but that it pretty limited... thanks in advance rich I'd start with Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Richard Edwards wrote: > > Am i able to deter...

Contact list not recognized as an address book in outlook email
I installed Outlook 2007 on my computer and imported my addresses from my other computer's Outlook file with excel. The contact list shows all the addresses but I can not access the contact list when I try to send an email. The address book drop down menu does not show anything. I tried to do the "properties" on the contact file, selected the tab "Outlook Address Book" and I am not allowed to check the box to "Show this folder as an address book". I am hoping someone can help me get this resolved. Thank you in advance If you have Contacts in...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

To have a selection of year to merge
Hello, In my Form there is a commandkey to merge to the All records and below is the VBA, my question is how can we make it like a combo box to chose the year, because the user is not a programmer, and is not able to open it in design view and change the VBA. Private Sub cmdMergeAll_Click() Me.Refresh MergeAllWord ("select * from PelayanJemaat Where TahunPel=2008") 'Note that you could use a condtion in the above sql End Sub Thanks in advance for any help provided. -- H. Frank Situmorang Put a control on your form where the user can enter the date. For exa...

Catalog Merge from SQL Database
I am trying to make a catalog for my business. I have successfully gotten the information out of our SQL Database using a Catalog Merge. My problem is as follows, we sell printing papers for wide format printers, the paper we sell have the same descriptions but have different sizes, part numbers, and pricing, i.e. Paper 1 comes in 36"x100' 42"x100' but both have the same descriptions as they have the same face surface. When I do the catalog merge I get the description for each and every product and it makes the catalog about twice as long. I wanted to have a descri...

Move a particular named sheet to the end.
Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last sheet within a workbook? Your assistance will be appreciated. -- Thank U and Regards Ann Try this: Worksheets("Total").Move after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) "Ann" wrote: > Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last > sheet within a workbook? > > Your assistance will be appreciated. > > -- > Thank U and Regards > > Ann > Barb, Works a treat, thank you for your assiatance. -- Thank U and Regards Ann "Barb Reinhar...

Change Source Campaign on Invoice and Order
I need to change the Source Campaign on an Invoice and an Order but the field is locked. I tried to enable the field on the form but still cannot make changes. Any ideas beyond direct edit of DB? ...

File Naming for Picture Order
I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. bjackson wrote: > I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and > want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical > order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. ======================= Instead of... 1, 2, 3,.....10, 11, 12... Try this... 0001, 0002, 0003,.....0010, 0011, 0012 If you are batch renumbering the f...

Take Sales Order to History
We have a SO which is very old(Almost a year). SI has been made out of it and they are in history and showing posted but SO# is still showing unposted. I tried Tools >> Utilities >> Sales >> Reconcile-Remove Sales Documents but it is not happening and SO is still unposted. Adesh, It seems you have a problem in this SO, you might need to try CheckLinks and Reconcile to fix it out or finally database modifications to have it corrected of every thing else failed. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Busi...

database takes too long to open
Hi, I have a customer that has a problem with his exchange server, the outlook users takes longer than usual to start opening their mailboxes, and when I open the mailbox store, it also takes longer than usual (about a minute or 2). I recently found out that the ExchangeAL was not finding a DC, becuase it was incorrecly configured on the RUS, I fixed that, I also made an offline defragmentation of the database and checked its integrity using isinteg, and everything is fine. I don´t know what maybe wrong with it, but it´s making the users upset that the outlooks takes so long t...

Sorting Data Automatically
I am importing text into a new worksheet and would like to run a macro that can perform labour a labour intensive sort/deletion. Column A contains a mixture of text strings as follows: QR4567 QR4567/QT1223 QR4290 QR4290/QT1224 What I would like to do is determine how many QR's have associated QT's and how many QR's are remaining that dont have associated QT's. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Alan Bartley Sydney Australia Hi Alan not sure how the sorting comes into this - sounds more like needing a formula to count when a cell contains both QR & QT as op...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...