Macros or converting Lotus 123 Macros to Excel

I am trying to convert several existing Lotus 123 macros
and/or create a new macro in Excel. This is some old work
I did several years ago that I am leveraging.

The macro needs to copy the row where the cursor is
positioned on the spreadsheet to a common row that is used
to populate and print a Claim Form.
Here is a macro I used in Lotus 123 a few years ago.

/c{r 50}~printarea~
{GOTO}CLAIMNO~{?}{R}~{CALC}
/ppr{claim}~agq

What this macro does is: you select the row (claim) to be
printed. When you initiate the macro it copies the 50
adjacent columns in the row and copies it into to Range
called "Printarea" (which is a common area that populates
a form). It is then Calculated (F9) and the claim printed
to the printer. Manual calculation is on........

Here is the Excel macro that I created but it only works
for a specific line # - I can't figure out how to copy
generically the 50 columns in the row. The rest of the
macro works.

See the statement in the macro below <<<<<-------

Sub PrintClaim()
'
' PrintClaim Macro
' Macro recorded 05/13/2004 by Bruce '
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+P
'
    Range("B95:BB95").Select   <<<<-------------
    Selection.Copy
    Range("B83").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Application.Goto Reference:="CLAIMNO"
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Calculate
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1,
Collate:=True
End Sub

Thanks for your assistance

Bruce
0
anonymous (74722)

Bruce

one way:

Sub PrintClaim()
'
' PrintClaim Macro
' Macro recorded 05/13/2004 by Bruce '
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+P
'
    Range("B" & ActiveCell.Row & _
          ":BB" & ActiveCell.Row).Copy _
                Range("B83")
    'Application.Goto Reference:="CLAIMNO"
    'Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Calculate
    ' ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
End Sub

Regards

Trevor

"Bruce" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to convert several existing Lotus 123 macros
> and/or create a new macro in Excel. This is some old work
> I did several years ago that I am leveraging.
>
> The macro needs to copy the row where the cursor is
> positioned on the spreadsheet to a common row that is used
> to populate and print a Claim Form.
> Here is a macro I used in Lotus 123 a few years ago.
>
> /c{r 50}~printarea~
> {GOTO}CLAIMNO~{?}{R}~{CALC}
> /ppr{claim}~agq
>
> What this macro does is: you select the row (claim) to be
> printed. When you initiate the macro it copies the 50
> adjacent columns in the row and copies it into to Range
> called "Printarea" (which is a common area that populates
> a form). It is then Calculated (F9) and the claim printed
> to the printer. Manual calculation is on........
>
> Here is the Excel macro that I created but it only works
> for a specific line # - I can't figure out how to copy
> generically the 50 columns in the row. The rest of the
> macro works.
>
> See the statement in the macro below <<<<<-------
>
> Sub PrintClaim()
> '
> ' PrintClaim Macro
> ' Macro recorded 05/13/2004 by Bruce '
> ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+P
> '
>     Range("B95:BB95").Select   <<<<-------------
>     Selection.Copy
>     Range("B83").Select
>     ActiveSheet.Paste
>     Application.Goto Reference:="CLAIMNO"
>     Application.CutCopyMode = False
>     Calculate
>     ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1,
> Collate:=True
> End Sub
>
> Thanks for your assistance
>
> Bruce

0
Trevor9259 (673)
5/13/2004 8:00:00 PM
Thanks Trevor - it worked.

Bruce

0
anonymous (74722)
5/13/2004 9:33:17 PM
You're welcome

> Thanks Trevor - it worked.
>
> Bruce

0
Trevor9259 (673)
5/13/2004 9:37:59 PM
IF you said you wanted to copy the cell and 50 cells to the right to
printarea and print. IF so, this assumes that the cell desired it NAMED
claimo and it copies those columns to another cell named printarea and
prints. If you want the active cell, just change the comment.

Sub doprint()
'ActiveCell.Resize(1, 5).Copy Range("printarea")
Range("claimo").Resize(1, 5).Copy Range("printarea")
Calculate
ActiveSheet.PrintOut
end sub
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Bruce" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to convert several existing Lotus 123 macros
> and/or create a new macro in Excel. This is some old work
> I did several years ago that I am leveraging.
>
> The macro needs to copy the row where the cursor is
> positioned on the spreadsheet to a common row that is used
> to populate and print a Claim Form.
> Here is a macro I used in Lotus 123 a few years ago.
>
> /c{r 50}~printarea~
> {GOTO}CLAIMNO~{?}{R}~{CALC}
> /ppr{claim}~agq
>
> What this macro does is: you select the row (claim) to be
> printed. When you initiate the macro it copies the 50
> adjacent columns in the row and copies it into to Range
> called "Printarea" (which is a common area that populates
> a form). It is then Calculated (F9) and the claim printed
> to the printer. Manual calculation is on........
>
> Here is the Excel macro that I created but it only works
> for a specific line # - I can't figure out how to copy
> generically the 50 columns in the row. The rest of the
> macro works.
>
> See the statement in the macro below <<<<<-------
>
> Sub PrintClaim()
> '
> ' PrintClaim Macro
> ' Macro recorded 05/13/2004 by Bruce '
> ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+P
> '
>     Range("B95:BB95").Select   <<<<-------------
>     Selection.Copy
>     Range("B83").Select
>     ActiveSheet.Paste
>     Application.Goto Reference:="CLAIMNO"
>     Application.CutCopyMode = False
>     Calculate
>     ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1,
> Collate:=True
> End Sub
>
> Thanks for your assistance
>
> Bruce

0
Don

number rounding in MS Excel

chart MAcro to change on activecell

import a 123 file

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Converting Opportunity to Account

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Macro to seperate data

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel