Macros, How do I know what they do if I didn't create them.

I deviced a workbook that consists of 8 worksheets.  The worksheets contain
cells with formulas that are locked and hidden.  They only show values.  I
did not purposely create any macros for this workbook.  However, everytime I
open it, I get a message asking me to Enable or Disable macros before
starting up.

If I enable the macros, is there a way to see what code they contain.  How
do I know if it contains a virus.  I keep my virus scanner pretty well
updated.  I've scanned this workbook for viruses and nothing comes up.

Now I am in need of creating a legitimate macro to run in this workbook, but
I wouldn't be able to run it if macros are disabled in the beginning.

Respectfully,
Abel G.
0
Abelg (1)

Abel,

See http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros which will tell you
how to initially get rid of them all.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Abelg" <Abelg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I deviced a workbook that consists of 8 worksheets.  The worksheets
contain
> cells with formulas that are locked and hidden.  They only show values.  I
> did not purposely create any macros for this workbook.  However, everytime
> open it, I get a message asking me to Enable or Disable macros before
> starting up.
>
> If I enable the macros, is there a way to see what code they contain.  How
> do I know if it contains a virus.  I keep my virus scanner pretty well
> updated.  I've scanned this workbook for viruses and nothing comes up.
>
> Now I am in need of creating a legitimate macro to run in this workbook,
but
> I wouldn't be able to run it if macros are disabled in the beginning.
>
> Respectfully,
> Abel G.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

creating labels
hi, how can i create labels so I can input about 100 names and they will print off in a label style, Ive tried everything please help!! -- \m/ O_O \m/ Laura..... :) Liverpool, England Laura, I would do a mail merge with word, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups s...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

can't reply or can't create
I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. The "Reply" "new" "forword" and "reply all" button are dead. I can't highlight those button. Does anyone has any problme of this? Plez let me know <mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1106036722.098189.74470@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. > I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. > The "Reply" "new" "f...

excel macro on startup from DOS
After I start excel from a DOS .BAT script I want a macro to then be automatically executed. (To do this with MS Word you just put /Mmacroname after the path name of the executable, but this does not seem to work) Excel doesn't support macro execution from the command line. As an alternative, you can name the macro Auto_Open and this will execute when the workbook is opened. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "roblit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02AFEE4E-6686-4434-A41D-1...

COleSafeArray::Create throws CMemoryException
Hi why does COleSafeArray::Create throw a CMemoryException if the array to create is larger than ullAvailPhys but smaller then ullAvailVirtual as returned by GlobalMemoryStatusEx Are all safearrays kept in physical memory and not swapped to page file I use Windows XP Thank HS ...

Need to create an automatic hyperlink
I'm using Excel 2003, Windows XP. Okay I have a workbook with a main spreadsheet and about 150 other spreadsheets with images in them. I have the names of the other spreadsheets in cell b2. How do I create a hyperlink that will concantenate the name in cell b2 to a hyperlink and point it to the spreadsheet with that name? I know I can do it by manually selecting each cell and hyperlinking manually, but with over 150 it's taking a while. Thanks. I tried =HYPERLINK("file:////"&b2,"Click me!") and it fails (can't find specified file)...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Problem creating 2003 PST file
Hi, I am currently running Outlook 2003 (Client). I am trying to create a new PST file. However when I try to add a new file (file\new\outlook data file\) I can only select: Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folder File. On the microsoft website it says I should see something like "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" but it is not listed. Is there any way to correct this?? I am running Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks for any help, Wouter Hi, Kan iemand mij helpen? Het moet mogelijk zijn om bij het verzenden van een emailtje de afzender te veranderen. Ooit wist ik het, maar ik ben...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

How to know which mfc.dlls are needed to run my app
When I build a .exe using MFC, it won't run unless it can access the proper .dlls (mfc32d.dll, etc.). How can I find which .dlls I need to include when I want to install my software on another computer? First of all, if your application is complaining about a missing mfc DLL that has a "d" on the end of the name then you need to rebuild your application using the Release build. The debug DLLs are not, nor should they be, redistributable. Next, you can run the depends.exe utility to identify what DLLs your application requires. It will show you ALL the DLLs that are needed to...

Creating a task with a duration = sum of all tasks durations
Is it possible to have a task that has a duration equal the sum of the duration for a set of tasks and that has work for that task calculated automatically based on a formula of say number of hours per day times the number of days duration? Duration is not additive but work is. Imagine a summary task that has 3 subtasks, each of which lasts one day. If the three are in parallel, starting together, they all finish at the same timne and all work on the summary is complete since all work on its children is complete, The summary task duration is 1 day. But as to work, each subt...

Visual Basic Macros, relative position
Dear Experts, I am making a report, and I have a set of data, in a very looong row: MKT_VAL NET_ASSETS TOT_ASSETS 46 51 51 6233 6228 6228 Over 100 fields. I need this data to be changed to run down a column. MKT_VAL 46 6233 NET_ASSETS 51 6228 TOT_ASSETS 51 6228 I tried to make a macro to do this. It would be run after I copied and pasted the three column cells into another area. Sub ShiftNullData() ' ' ShiftNullData Macro ' Macro recorded 11/14/2006 by Rodger Lepinsky ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' Range("A18").S...

Creating timelines that don't use time as the horizontal measureme
Is it possible to use the timeline functionality of visio without using time as the horizontal meter? I want to have the same functionality of a timeline, but use it to express events that happen over a range of values from 0-100. ...

How do I create a pictograph in Excel?
I am trying to create a pictograph in Excel, but I don't see it as an option on the chart wizard. How can I do this? Hi, You can use a picture as the fill effect. The Format dialog Patterns tab has a Fill Effects button. This allows you to select a image to use and also determine how that image should be display. Such as stretching it to the appropriate height or using the image per unit. For more information see Jon Peltier's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomStacks.html Cheers Andy ldimes4 wrote: > I am trying to create a pictograph in Excel, bu...

How do I create a donut chart in Excel
How can I import Outlook Calender months into Excel and create a donut chart? Can anybody help me? Thanks ...

Help Creating A Formula To Copy and Paste Text
Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a column then cut the word and paste it to another column. Of course this would be simple if it was the only word in the column, but there is other text that I would like to remain in the orginal column.. Thanks again, Mary You have a reply at your other thread. Mary wrote: > > Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. > > I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a > column then cut the word and paste it to ...

specify DC when creating a RUS?
According to every KB article i read you can't specify a DC when creating a RUS, but i'm trying to create a RUS for a child domain and exchange is picking up a 'former' domain controller...i thought i'd re-domainprep the child domain to fix, but no luck..this is the scenario: Our child domain was blown away and restored by some lovely remote staff, and it didn't go so well. Anyhow, i'm trying to create a new recipient update service for the remote child domain and its defaulting to the name of a DC that no longer exists and I dont' have an option to chang...

Macro Message Box
Hi, I am trying to build a macro for a histogram. When the macro is complete, I am asked "Histogram - Some data will be hidden by embedded chart(s)." I can click OK or cancel. How can I build my OK response into the macro so that I do not need to manually respond? Thank you for reviewing my question. Remove the MsgBox from the macro if it is unnecessary. -- HTH Bob "lahuwm" <lahuwm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD9273F-E393-4573-A3F5-BEEB344D21B0@microsoft.com... > Hi, I am trying to build a macro for a histogram. When...

Help with macro #4
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Each contains a column of part numbers with associated data. What I want to do is look at a part number in the second sheet and bring over some of the data for that part number from the first sheet. I know I can't use Vlookup across 2 sheets, and in any case I don't want to re-sort the data as required by vlookup. (its in date order, not part number order) I'm guessing this can only be done with a macro. Can anyone help? Thanks. Hi! >I know I can't use Vlookup across 2 sheets, and in any case I don't want to >re-sort the d...

Macro lovers
anyone like writing macros? or know where i could findout how to write one for this? im after one that will do the following, with a button; Sheet name = Totals unhide colum A Select Cells A2:J84 Select>Tools>Options>View>Showplaceholders Select A1>dropdown>Show hide colum A Select>Tools>Options>View>Hide all End or does anyone know if this will make my rows auto hide or show when data is on them? colum A has =IF(OR(B2="",B2=0),"Hide","Show) guess i can test it while i wait :) Thanks again everyone! Steve You like macros. Try recor...

Macro --- Icon
Using Macro in excel for the first time and set up routine with an icon .. But only see a "Smilley Face" Icon for Macro and now have two macros with same Icon.... How do I add new Icon Image(s) to differentiate one Macro from the Other.... Lenny EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Lenny Right click on any toolbar and select customise. While the dialog is showing right-click on your smiley face and select change button image. (If these don't take your fancy you can 'roll your own by selecting edit button image... or you ca...

Creating a Pivot Table using multiple ranges
Using Excel 2007, how do you create a pivot table using multiple ranges? The option does not appear in the Create Pivot Table wizard. I thought I could use something like this: 'Page 1'!$A$6:$T$28805:'Page 2'!$A$6:$T$28805 ; but it wasn't accepted as a valid range. Thanks, Ross Never mind. I found it: http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2006/10/31/excel-2007-faq-draft/ Thanks, Dick. "Ross Culver" <rculver@warrenalloy.com> wrote in message news:uzzDnOHgIHA.5900@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2007, how do you create a pivot table ...

Creating a calendar #2
Publisher 2000 - Windows XP Pro user. Today I needed to create a calendar for a member directory booklet . How does one create more than a month at a time? I'd like to create a calendar from Jan '07 through Mar '08. The only success I've had is create a month at a time, which all defaulted to November '06. I then copy/pasted three across and then copy/pasted the three across below, four times which then create my 15 month calendar but all were November '06. Refined it by changing the days font to Aerial, 10pt, the days of the week to Aerial, 5pt and the month...

Designing/Creating Zebra LP 2824 labels for RMS 2.0
Hi, I am trying to create a label to print on a Zebra LP 2824. I tried modifying the default Zebra label in RMS Labels folder with no luck. Also I downloaded a trial version of ZebraDesigner Pro. Tried to create a database connection since the field data is variable but it looks like the SQL server db now in RMS 2.0 is not supported with ZebraDesigner (I could not find the SQL file type *.mdf in the drop down menu - it works with Access, Excel, etc but apparently not SQL server). Any help/guidance with this is appreciated. Thanks Are you using the windows drivers for the zebra? ...