Macros for worksheet copy & paste?

I have 6 different excel files. How can I combine all 6
of them in one single excel file under individual
worksheets (E.g. Worksheet1 for File1, worksheet2 for
File2 ....etc)? I do not wish to copy & paste it
manually. Can I use a macro to take care of it? If so,
where can I find further info on how to go about it?
THANKS!!
0
wendy_wrp (1)

Assuming (1) this is a one-time need, and (2) your workbooks have
only one sheet each, this would probably be faster done by hand:

1) With all the files open choose one of the files to be the
receiving file.

2) Select the sheet in the subsequent books, one at a time, and
choose Edit/Move or Copy Sheet...

3) In the dialog that opens, choose your destination book from the
dropdown (you can also choose to create a new book). Select the
postion in the destination book that the sheet should be copied to.
Check the make copy checkbox if you want to leave your original
files intact.

4) Save your combined book.

In article <0b8a01c3818d$ccd35680$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Wendy W" <wendy_wrp@wrpworld.com> wrote:

> I have 6 different excel files. How can I combine all 6
> of them in one single excel file under individual
> worksheets (E.g. Worksheet1 for File1, worksheet2 for
> File2 ....etc)? I do not wish to copy & paste it
> manually. Can I use a macro to take care of it? If so,
> where can I find further info on how to go about it?
> THANKS!!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Copy Specific Values from Table to Report
I don't know if this is the proper group to post this message into, but I'll start here and see what happens. To try and "simply" explain my request...... I know this can be done, as I've seen the results, but I can't figure out how to do it. I want to use the Report function of Access to create printed forms. I would have different reports, named A, B, C, D, and E for this example. The information I want to have printed on the report(s) comes from one specific table. On report "A" I want to have the values printed that are in rows 2,3, and 5 of "col...

Need a busy macro
I have data in Col A & B,\. The data starts at line one and CURRENTLY goes to line 214..but that will increase over time. In order to better display this data I would like a micro that would display all the data in 5 blocks accros the screen. So The first FIFTH of Cao A & B would remain where it is The second FIFTH would be copied to COL D & E(leaving a col for seperation) the third fifth would be copied to col G & H and the same until all the data was listed in 5 BLOCKS(A & B D & E G & H J & K M & N) Any assistance would be appreciated Thanks Thi...

How do I copy a formula/paste w/o losing the cell content?
I have a formula such as "=sum(d34+d35)", I decided to move the location, but when I move the location the formula is now "=sum(d31+d31). I would like to move the first formula anywhere on the spreadsheet w/o it being changed. How do you do that? Is it an absolute value or something like that? Yes. The formula must be written as =sum($d$34+$d$35) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "CShannon" <CShannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04CAD401-FDF9-46C0-BCF4-D8F28A410ABE@microsoft.com... > I ...

Can you copy email addresses in to new column out of Hyperlink column
I had been using Excel worksheet as my contacts manager. It contains columns last name, first name, addr, tel, and Email address(as hyperlink). I am trying to import this data into outlook. Unfortunaltey Outlook requires email addresses as text field and Hyperlink field. Any clue, how I can copy addresses out of hyperlinks through full column into new column with email address as Text only P Dear PM Try this... Select and copy the entire column of hyperlinked email addresses, then in your new column paste special, values. this should hopefully do the trick. Hope this helps Paul Fal...

"intersect" 2 slightly-different worksheets
Hello, All! I think this 'problem' requires a pretty simple solution; I just don't know what! Say you've got 2 worksheets, one w/ 50 rows and 6 columns, all relating to employee data (e.g., col headings like 'employee name', 'date of hire', 'hair color', and 3 other cols), and then a much longer sheet, with 500 rows, and 7 columns relating to employee data--6 of those cols being the same headings as the much-smaller sheet, but in addition the larger "master" sheet also has a column called "employee I.D. number", containing unique numb...

copying text frames
I realize that when I try to copy a connected text frame from multiple pages, the actual text doesn't get transferred, only the frame, as I have to copy one page at a time. Is there a way to do this? I need to copy my multiple- paged Publisher document into Microsoft Word. Select the Text Frame and go Ctrl+A so all the text is selected, then Ctrl+C to copy the text. That should copy all the text in the connected Text Frames. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

MOVE (rather than copy) sent items
Afternoon all I'm using OL 2003 on XP Pro XP3 patched up to date. I wish to set up a rule to move certain sent items directly to a folder. However, it appears that the items can only be copied, with the original left in the Sent folder. I have set archive characteristics for Sent to empty every day, but it doesn't. Any help gratefully received. Happy Christmas John if you want to move items with an after sending rule, you need to disable the option to save sent items (in tools, options, email options). If you do this set up a rule to copy the items you want moved and ...

Recording a macro
When I try and record a macro I get an error message saying "File not found". Yet if I look at the organizer--> modules it has created a new modules which you cannot delete. any ideas? -- Sharktracker HI, What version of Project? What Service Packs installed(See Help, About project for SP level)? Are you connected to Project Server? Does this happen in all files or just some or just this one? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "S...

Macro Recorder-Relative relation
In the past I would use the macro recorder to record short macros in my work. I was given the opportunity to choose relative relations for the macro. For some reason the choice disappeared. How can I bring it back? I tried repairing the installation from the CD. But no help. Using Office XP in W98 SE. Thankyou Hi, Chas. Are you saying that when you go to record a macro, there's no "Relative Reference" button on the Stop Recording toolbar? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "ChasX" <ChasX@discussions.microsoft.com>...

macro to remove item between parenthesis
I have written a 957 page book. During the creation of the book I placed many phrases between parenthesis to help me remember characters and dates. For example I have hundreds that are similar to the following: (Amy Justice 749 -memo). I would like a macro that will allow me to delete all occurrences of (xxxxx -memo). In other words it will remove anything between parenthesis, including the parenthesis when the end of the phrase is -memo). This would be enormoulsy helpful. Otherwise I have to go through the entire book page by page searching for "-memo) and then highlighti...

Macro to remove last 4 characters from the contents of a cell.
We need to come up with a way to remove the last 4 characters from the contents of a cell. I tried a macro, but wasn't sure how to make it go to the next cell. For example, I select a cell, press end, backspace 4 positions and then hit enter. Works great for 1 cell! Is there a way to get the macro to repeat all the way down the spreadsheet? As always, Thanks for the help! Ken -- akkrug Ken, Select the cells and run this macro: Sub Remove4() Dim myCell As Range For Each myCell In Selection myCell.Value = Left(myCell.Value, Len(myCell.Value) - 4) Next myCell End Sub HTH, Berni...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

copying with a vba code
Hi, I am trying to copy sheet 1 to sheet 2 with daily basis. I mean the first sheet having 10 colomn and so may raws(raws may vary day to day) with daily records, at the end of the day i wanted to copy the data to the sencond sheet which will act as a monthly data, so daily it should add the next line of the previous day in the sheet 2. Any vba code is possible for this. thanks. nowfal. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, Try this code on a test sheet jeff Sub CopyDaily() Dim lastrow As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Range...

I need a rule to MOVE messages instead of COPYING them; can anybody help?
Hi all, I get a lot of mail, and keep them organized by name of the contactperson. For example: mail I either send to or receive from Pete, has to be moved to the Outlook-folder "Pete", after the mail has been read by me (in case of a receipt from a message from Pete) or after it has been sent (in case of mail I sent to Pete). Outlook rules do not allow for this; you can only copy messages (which means you have duplicate messages in Outlook). Maybe a macro could do the trick, but you need to write macro's and I am not a technical guy:-(. Would anybody know a solution, or would a...

Going between documents using macros
I'm using Word 2004. I have two documents open. Is there a way, using macros, to go from Document 1 to Document 2, where I'll go to a certain line and copy it, then go back to Document 1 and save it using the text I have just copied. I have the macro down for going to the line, copying, and saving. What I need is the part where I go from doc to doc without regard to the document name. So I'll be in "Active Document" first, then I need to go to "?" (other Document) then back to "Previous Document." So I just need the navigation part. Here...

How do I set a Publisher worksheet as wallpaper?
-- Care "Care" wrote: > How do I set a Publisher worksheet as wallpaper? =========================================== It's always a good idea to include your question in the body of your newsgroup message. If you save your Publisher project in an image format like .jpg or .bmp you can use it as wallpaper. Just open the saved picture in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer...right click it and choose..."Set as desktop background". -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp ...

Pre-set headers and footers for new worksheets
how do I have a new excel spreadsheet always open with pre-set headers and footers? There must be a way to do this. I am tired of going into each spreadsheet I open and re-entering my preffered set up; headers and footers, row height, etc. Look in Excel HELP for Template -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "robertwesley" <robertwesley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94582AFD-5A5F-4680-B436-39AAE83CF733@microsoft.com... > how do I have a new excel spreadsheet always open with pre-set headers and > footers? There must be a way to...

Automatic Copying of all emails?
Using Outlook 2002 I would like to automatically blind copy to a specified address all emails I send. Any suggestions, please? Andrew. You can use an add-in for this; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Always-BCC.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:168001c53881$22ea8...

How to copy and selectively paste?
How do I copy one cell and then selectively paste that cell to many other cells by simply single clicking? I know how to do it by copying, holding down the control key and then double-clicking on cells. Then clicking on paste. But a long time ago I saw a guy do in by single clicking on cells and bam the data appeared whereever he clicked. I could copy and right click paste as many times as I wanted. Or shift-Insert (on the number keypad) as many times as I wanted. dracon wrote: > > How do I copy one cell and then selectively paste that cell to many other > cells by simply singl...

Conditional Formatting across different worksheets 04-27-10
Hello everyone, I looked over the internet and in this forum, but I have not found a solution to my problem (perhaps I did not understand the solutions that were presented on the Internet). Anyway, this is the problem: I have two sheets, one that I use as a control (i.e. a back up) that I will call Sheet 2, while Sheet 1 is a duplicate of Sheet 2 that is sent out to different people for quarterly updates. I keep Sheet2 hidden in the workbook I send out for updates so that only Sheet1 is visible. What I want to do is make the cells in Sheet 1 automatically change color if they ...

Merge across
When I copy multiple rows (name, address, city) from 3 cells into 3 merged cells(in rows), I get name name name in the first line, and the same repetitions in the second and 3rd lines. I've tried format, cell, center across selection, but get the same results. When I copy just the name cell to the merged cell, it works fine. I don't want to have to copy each of the three cells and paste them individually. I want to select all three, and paste them in the merged rows. Any ideas how to work around this merged cell problem? You can't copy multiple cells like that and ...

Drag down to fill in, but copy, not increment?
I can hold the CTRL key and copy a cell down one row. Is there any way to drag the corner down like you do to fill in an incrementing series, but instead copy the same value down through the whole range? Ed It depends on what you select. If you select two cells (say A1:A2 and a1=a2), then you'll get what you want. But personally, if I don't remember what excel will do when I drag down, I'll rightclick on that autofill button and drag down. When I let go, I'll see a menu of choices and I can do what I want. Ed wrote: > > I can hold the CTRL key and copy a ce...

Allowing different users access to different worksheets
I am setting up a shared document to which 27 different users need access. Each user will have their own tab which they can edit. I would like to restrict what each user can see. The content is not top-secret so it doesn't matter if it's easy to crack. In an ideal situation I'd like that when the user opens the file that it asks for a password. The password would open access to whatever tab the password applied to. There would have to be an overall password which allows visibility to all. I'd prefer if users could only see their own sheet. If it makes a differenc...

Cut and paste from Excel to Powerpoint
Hi If I'm copying a table from Excel to Powerpoint, I usually use Paste Special, then select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) to give me flexibility to edit later in Powerpoint. However, I find that if my table has more than about 15 columns, the 'pasted' version is truncated. If I select another paste option (eg Bitmap), the whole table is pasted, but this naturally reduces the quality and flexibility of the output. Does anyone know how I can ensure that the whole table is pasted, whilst retaining Enhanced Metafile format? Many thanks, O. --- Message posted from http://www.Exce...