Macros for worksheet copy & paste?

I have 6 different excel files. How can I combine all 6
of them in one single excel file under individual
worksheets (E.g. Worksheet1 for File1, worksheet2 for
File2 ....etc)? I do not wish to copy & paste it
manually. Can I use a macro to take care of it? If so,
where can I find further info on how to go about it?
THANKS!!
0
wendy_wrp (1)

Assuming (1) this is a one-time need, and (2) your workbooks have
only one sheet each, this would probably be faster done by hand:

1) With all the files open choose one of the files to be the
receiving file.

2) Select the sheet in the subsequent books, one at a time, and
choose Edit/Move or Copy Sheet...

3) In the dialog that opens, choose your destination book from the
dropdown (you can also choose to create a new book). Select the
postion in the destination book that the sheet should be copied to.
Check the make copy checkbox if you want to leave your original
files intact.

4) Save your combined book.

In article <0b8a01c3818d$ccd35680$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Wendy W" <wendy_wrp@wrpworld.com> wrote:

> I have 6 different excel files. How can I combine all 6
> of them in one single excel file under individual
> worksheets (E.g. Worksheet1 for File1, worksheet2 for
> File2 ....etc)? I do not wish to copy & paste it
> manually. Can I use a macro to take care of it? If so,
> where can I find further info on how to go about it?
> THANKS!!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Macro help with hiding columns based on date ranges in a column
I have a scheduling spreadsheet where I need to schedule healthcare staff to cover 6 floors of a longterm care center. In column A I have the floor number assignment starting with floor 1. In column B I have each day of the current year from 01/01/2004 to 12/31/2004 repeated for all 6 floors. As you can imagine it's difficult working with so many rows of data. As the scheduling person plans in smaller windows of time, I would like to employ a simple auto-hide of date ranges that they don't need to see for their planning purpose. I was hoping that someone could provide me with some macr...

File Path
Need some help. I developed a macro that was only used by myself, however this macro is now having to be used by others. The macro opened files stored in my C:\documents and settings\max28052\ . The required files are exported from the corporate database and are automatically named - the files are always named the same regardless of the officer exporting the data. I would like to change my macro to up the required files regardless of the officer. The macro was written with the full file path eg. c:\documents and settings\max28052\help.xls is there anyway, that I can ch...

Macro Help
I have this simple function to capture back ground color of a cell. Function BGCol(refRange As Range) BGCol = refRange.Interior.ColorIndex End Function I want to convert this to an array function where that array can store colorindex for all the cells in a specified range and then i can use it in a sumproduct formula to fins cells with a certain color. Any help or direction appreciated. Best, RK Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html, that is exactly what I do there. -- HTH Bob "rk0909" <rk0909@discussions.micros...

Running a macro automatically from a formula
can you somehow run a macro automatically from a formula with a specific criteria? Basically having a macro run by itself if a formula's criteria is met. I have a macro assigned to an active X control to copy formulas when I click it. My problem is when I delete a row of data and click on the active X control, there is an extra row of formula's copied because I have removed one. My idea was to have a formula determine whether or not there was to many formulas and then have a macro run automatically to delete that extra row if that was the case. Any ideas? Hi Macros can be started fr...

pasting excel graph into Outlook Express email...
I got a new version of Excel on my new XP pro machine and now when I try to copy and paste an Excel graph into the email, it doesn't work.... Buuhaaaah haaaaah haaaaaah.... help, groundhog1 Responding to this query doesn't guarantee a satisfactory resolution to your problem, but... What does "it doesn't work" mean? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <ad94aad489aaa0b607d616e1bd607e98 @localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com>, groundhog1rb@excite.com says... &...

Reading text file in macro
I wish to read data from a text file from within a Visual Basic for Applications macro that is attached to a command button in my spreadsheet. From the user's point of view it should look like this. 1. User clicks the button 2. In some manner the user inputs the file name. Ideally this should be using the windows API file open call, however, I don't think this is available through VBA 3. The macro opens the file and reads data. 4. macro closes file. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This should do it - it takes data from cell C1 of the text file and puts it in A1. The text fi...

Macro: Columns as #s within range
I have a simple formatting macro within a range. I would like to set up columns within an identified range as 1,2, 3 or A, B,C even if it's doesn't correspond to continuous column numbering in excel. I know it seems strange, but this macro will run a number of times within each sheet and I don't want to go into each and every one to reset it with the corresponding letters. Thanks a lot. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How about something like: with activesheet.range("a:a,d:d,G:G") .numberformat = "#,##0.00" end with (but I may have...

Importing filenames into an excel worksheet
Hello, i am not a programer, but i need to import filenames from a folde containing different subfolders and files directly into an exce worksheet. Is it possible? if yes, may someone give me the code and tell me how t proceed?? Thanks in advance. P.S: may the answer be sent to my mail also as i dont know if i a gonna be able to consult this forum for a while. thanks...... mail fadi_guindi@hotmail.com Spide -- spide ----------------------------------------------------------------------- spider's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=222 View this thread: http://www.msuse...

Unable to Record Macro #2
I have a large spreadsheet in which I recorded a number of macros some years ago, and now need to update it. Unfortunately it now returns a message "unable to record macro" and many of the macro functions are now grayed out and not available. I fear I may have selected some option at the time to preserve what I had done as I shared this spreadsheet throughout our company. Unfortunately, I can no longer find what I have done. Any pointers to rectify would be greatly appreciated. Bring on Alzheimer's!! Thanks, Murray Murray Make sure your macro security is not set at "...

How tp open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro
How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the way,the cipher is known. Is it possible to do this? Thanks in advance, "juwen" <juwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99826EBC-7070-47A1-AAB5-4151CB24196E@microsoft.com... > > How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the > way,the cipher is known. > > Is it possible to do this? > > Thanks in advance, > > > How is this related to PowerPoint? Are you asking about an Excel file that's linke...

Worksheet Tab Font
Is there a way to make the font in the tab at the bottom of a workbook larger, I tried everything short of adjusting the resolution of the screen. Any help is good help! Larry =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgRy4=?= wrote > Is there a way to make the font in the tab at the bottom of a workbook > larger, I tried everything short of adjusting the resolution of the > screen. Any help is good help! > > Larry > It's a Windows setting and will affect all apps. Nothing specific available for Excel tabs. -- David Yes but it will also change other things like scrollbars it's a wi...

Copy from 1 book to another
Hi, I am at the address W7 in Bok1 in Sheet3. I need to copy the contents of Cell B3 in Sheet2 in Book2 where Book1 and Book2 are in the same folder. What formula is needed to be typed in cell W7? thanks Khalil The best way is to open both books and just click in the cell of the other book after typing = in cell W7. All will then be looked after for you -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS web: www.nickhodge.co.uk blog: www.nickhodge.co.uk/blog/ FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007 www.officeuse...

failures moving/copying public folders from exchange 5.5 to pst with outlook 2000/2003
good day. i'm a one-man network shop with exchange 5.5 on nt4, outlook 2000 on win2k, and (seemingly random) messages in the public folders on the exchange that outlook is unable to copy to a pst. searched knowledge base at least 6 different ways, and have been unable to locate anything to help me get the messages copied. when copy attempted with outlook, either 2000 or xp, dialog says "Can't copy the items. Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied." seems to recreate the entire pf structure in destination pst, and moves SO...

Method of adding a chart with a chart.add in a macro
Hi all, I am working with an excel based program that is in Excel 97 format. Upon opening the program in 2000 it does prompt me with the warning that there are macro compatibility issues. I have developed a macro in Excel 2000 to use data to create a chart but the script does not compile, it stops at the Chart.Add line ...a friend ran it with Excel 97 and it worked fine. I have been trying to find a solution to what seems to be a compatibility issue, or a Chart.Add issue, or whatever it is...I have little knowledge of excel and vb so hopefully this isn't too complicated. Here's th...

toolbar macros that dont change when worksheet is renamed
how do i create a toolbar that the macros run on the active worksheet and the macro addresses don't change when the worksheet is renamed? Store your code in your personal.xls, and write the code to work on the activesheet, the selection, or some other dynamic range. Posting your code would be a good start.... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "marlin40" <marlin40@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D7215BF-CFAD-4FAB-8517-3BDFDB3B7C43@microsoft.com... > how do i create a toolbar that the macros run on the active worksheet and the > macro addresses don'...

Macro: How to open not-excel-files by using excelvalue on Workbooks.Open Filename oa?
Hey Guys I' v made a list in Excel to show all files in a folder. Now I want to open singel file; choosing from this list. The file in folder could be either, Excel, Word, PDF or common picture- format. In case of not-macro-based actions I would use hyperlinks to open the files on regular basis, but I whant to make a "pick and choose"- function by using list/combo-box or something. I cell F2 I have constrructed full path/namevalue in order to open the chosen file. Example File1.xls - make cell F2 value: Y:\MyFolder\File1.xls - opens in Excel File2.pdf - make cell F2 value: Y...

looking for empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - Jim A You don't Mention What column you want to sum This code will copy and paste to the fist row and then sum column D Sub Cop...

Unprotecting Cells in a Protected Worksheet
I have a multi worksheet workbook. Most of the workbook is protected, but I have isolated cells that I want to unprotect becasue they represent variables for "what if" scenarios. How do I do it? Hi before protecting the sheet select these cells and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mark F" <MarkF@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0D556F6E-C91C-460B-9A19-582811C33AC4@microsoft.com... >I have a multi worksheet workbook. Most of the workbook is protected, but I...

copy partial worksheet to a different worksheet based on date??
Hi, The subject says it all?? How do I copy information from one worksheet to another based on a date? I have a worksheet which I am keeping a list of equipment, date bought, what it is, how much it cost, chargeable or not and where it was bought from. Some of this equipment is chargeable to a customer some not. When I write an invoice I want to insert items from the equipment list which have chargeable as YES or Y into the new invoice, but only for the items which are for the week of the invoice. (That's Monday to Saturday of that week). Once again I'm assuming a Macro of ...

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

copying files #2
hi, i want to copy all the files of type .gif from one folder to another. is there any API for doing it other than CopyFile()? please help. anu hi anu you can use SHFileOperation API. Sreeram "anu" <anu@transversalnet.com> wrote in message news:0b5501c346b1$5c3e2c40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > > i want to copy all the files of type .gif from one folder > to another. is there any API for doing it other than > CopyFile()? > please help. > > anu ...

Macros from custom buttons
For years (and versions) Ive run macros assigned to custom buttons. Now we've migrated to Excel 2000 and Windows XP, and when I choose a button to run a macro I get a message "A document with the name 'PERSONAL.XLS' is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name... yada, yada. I've long since lost the ability to assign new macros and new buttons, so is there iny fixx for this? anon When you upgraded from xl97 to xl2k, you probably got a second XLStart folder. Maybe you have a copy of Personal.xls in each. You could try to find personal.xls use...

Copy Worksheet Tab Name into a cell address
I'm creating an Excel Book with several worksheets. As with a lot of the information on the woorksheets I am trying to automate the data entry to cut down on user input and/or duplication. I would like to use worksheet name, enetered on the 'Tab', within one of the worksheet cell adresses. Can anyone help? Hi Try the following formula (note: the workbook has to be saved before it'll work) =RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1),1)) Copy and paste the formula as it is - on a single line...

macro help #5
I have gotten to this point with the great input from others here, and I'm looking to tweek this a little more. Below is a copy of one of my macros. I want it to copy and paste A5:V5 into any selected cell. When I click on the macro button it copies the row and allows me to right click and paste it in any selected cell, but it leaves the view on the source row of the macro. Is there any change I can make to the code to eliminate it from moving the view to the source row, and do all the steps without right clicking-paste? In short I am looking to just select ...

Macro to save file at runtime
I am trying to write a macro to take a filename from a cell(I can do that) and store in a variable. THen I want to save the current sheet into a new Excel File(SAVE AS command). When I attempted to record the macro going through the menu commands, it recorded the following: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\file.xls", FileFormat _ :=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:= _ False, CreateBackup:=False Now what I want is to insert the filename variable in place of the "C:\file.xls". Seemed pretty simple ...