macros entering data

How do I create a macro that goes to one cell
then waits until I enter new data, then goes to another cell
and waits until I enter new data etc?

thanks
0
Carrie (48)

How about something like

sub Enter_Data()
dim NewValue

NewValue = inputbox("Enter the value for cell A1: ")
range("a1").value = NewValue

NewValue = inputbox("Enter the value for cell G2: ")
range("g2").value = NewValue

NewValue = inputbox("Enter the value for cell I8: ")
range("i8").value = NewValue

end sub

0
CycleZen (674)

Display Text in the Data Area of a Pivot Table
I would like to simply display text in the data area of a pivot table without summarizing it. For example, take the following database: Date Time Instructor 8/9 8am Jones 8/9 9am Smith 8/10 8am Anderson 8/10 9am Doe ....etc and display it in a pivot table like so: | 8/9 | 8/10 --------------------------------- 8am | Jones | Anderson 9am | Smith | Doe thanks. ...

mail.comcast.net box to enter username and password pops up every 15 seconds
I have a remote user/co-worker that has Comcast email. Every 15 seconds (we literally timed it) a box asking for a username and password pops up. I had him call Comcast for help, and they said it's a VPN issue, and they can't help. Any ideas on how to get this annoyance to go away? I'm terrible at remote help, and he's very computer illiterate :). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Jilly Jilly <Jilly4@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a remote user/co-worker that has Comcast email. Every 15 > seconds (we literally timed it) a box asking for a username and &g...

Highlight Data Points that change in Graph
Hi all Is it possible to highlight data points that change slope in Excel 2003 and if so how. Richard ...

Macro needed
Hi all. I have a pricing docment Page 1, a selection of table names etc Page 2 is the pricing table as per number 1 on the 1st page Page 3 is the pricing table as per number 2 on 1st page and so on. What i would like to be able to do is if i remove say number 2 on the 1st page, that the pricing table on page 3 is removed, and so on. Is this possible. I assume the layouts and relating table names may have to be set up. Thanks Matt -- Matt Lynn Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/200912/1 See the article "How...

Data Entry to a Cell Range
Can I set up a data entry form, so if every time I enter a value in a cell, it updates the next empty cell in a range? Thanks Lets assume that the form is used to update cell A1. We require that everytime A1 is updated the new value will be recorded in column B. Put the following event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim A1 As Range, t As Range Set A1 = Range("A1") Set t = Target If Intersect(A1, t) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False n = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row...

Comparing data
There are 2 column in this query:- Column 1 Column 2 A A B C C E D D I want this 2 column to compare. If both A, display A, if different compare next 1...However, the result of the third column will give me all A,C,D without B and E included at the last row? Any idea to make them show all A,C,D,B,E? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Mon, 21 May 2007 02:19:56 GMT, "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote: >There are 2 column in this query:- > >...

Increase data type size in GP table?
I don't know whether this is supported or not, but we're planning to roll out the HR module on GP9, and one of the fields that is missing for job applicants is an email address. We'd like to use an extra field to hold this data, but the field length is too short to adequately contain that information. I'm wondering if I can change the length defined in the SQL table structure for that particular column, or, if doing so will likely mess up something else (stored procedures, mappings, etc.). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! Technically, yes. However, if you do that, you...

Error in Data Migration Framework (DMF)
Help..... I am trying to upload 14,000 Account records using the Data Migration Framework, along with 6,000 Contact records. It was easier to use the DMF rather than the bulk import especially with the relationships between the records. I first trialled the DMF migration of these records on the May VPC image supplied by MS and it all worked fine. However now that it is being run in a pre-production environment on full sized servers I am having problems. Approximately half of the account records, and all the contact records have been uploaded successfully. Half of the account recor...

Subreport Data Listing Twice for Each Report Record
On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Any suggestions appreciated. -- Thanks, tbl tbl wrote: >On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing >out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Does the subreport diplay two records? If so, the problem is that your main report's record source query has a Join to the subreport's data source. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] in article bq9q83pdvsepjusn44j91g84rpveu5a9bk@4ax.com, Marshall Barton at marshbarton@wowway.com wrote on 7/5/07 1:18 PM...

How can I get data from an entity via java script
How can I get data from an entity via java The problem: I have a new entity with alle zipcodes and cities/countries. I want it to be so that if a person enters data in the zip code on account or contact that city and state automatically is filled with corresponding data from the new zip code entity. How can I do this, java script ?` Any ideas appriciated ! Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 13991 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke de...

Macro question
I need a macro that will add the text -0000 at the end of whatever text is in that current cell. For example Cell = 75154 I need to add -0000 at the end of this so then it will be 75154-0000 I have tried all the formating stuff, but the Zipcode cell format doesnt work. Hi Tina This event code will be activated if you double click on a cell. If it is empty - it will ignore the cell. If it already ends in "-0000" it will strip it off. If not, it will add "-0000" to the existing value Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Rang...

Macro to extract in string
Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Bob was graceous enough to provide the vba script below, however I now need to make a minor change in it. It extracts part of a string in column A1 and puts the results after the last row in col B. I have approx 200 rows that do the same extraction. I would like to have the results placed in G1 thru however many rows. Each extraction goes on same row as it's orginal. I know to change the B to G for the column, but don't know what to change to have the extracted part go to G1 and so on, down the rows. Thank you, Calop Sub AREA_REPORT() Di...

Data format in pivot table
I am running a Pivot table on some swim data. Even though the data is formatted the same way "mm:ss.00", the fraction of the second is not showing up or is not part of the numbers in the Pivot table. Pivot table data Back 25 Breast 25 Fly 25 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:31.00 00:33.00 00:31.00 00:36.00 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:23.00 00:25.00 00:24.00 Data the Pivot table is based on 7 CMSA-SE 00:21.87 00:21.49 6 BMAC-SE 00:22.95 00:21.91 7 BMAC-SE 00:23.13 00:22.16 6 BMAC-SE 00:27.97 00:22.63 8 BMAC-SE 00:21.07 00:22.70 7 UN-SE 00:00.00 00:22.94 6 CMSA-SE 00:26.36 00...

Data type on import wizard not active
Hi there, Hopefully, someone can help me with this. I'm using the importing an excel 2003 into access 2003. Using the import wizard to import the excel 2003 spreadsheet. everything is fine until i get to the field options: dialog box. The Data type drop down isn't active. What can i do to make this drop down option active. Thanks for your help This is a known issue for ACCESS 2002 SP3. This issue is described in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875252 There is a Hotfix available for ACCESS 2002 from Microsoft Technical Support for this problem. Descr...

how can we transfer data from child dialog box to parent Dialog Box. #2
hi guys, i have created modalless child dialog box by parent dialogbox using UI Thread . now i want to do 2 things first i want to transfer CPoint variable from child to parent and second i want to call OnLButtonDown() function of parent DialogBox. i have hint but not proper please help me to complete this one. SendMessage(m_pParent, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, x,y); // from child side void CHRS_MoleDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) //on parent dialog box first of all tell me is it possible if yes then what will be "x" and "y" so that they can convert into CPoint v...

Message-Data file not properly closed???
Upon boot of Outlook, EVERYTIME, I get this message--Data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected by the check in progress. When I leave Outlook, I have made sure to close all files and exit properly. Is there some reason this happens? I even go back to my main screen now. Is there something more I should be doing. Did the file checking finish before you closed Outlook? If not, it will continue/restart the next time you start Outlook. If it still does this after the checking has completed, the...

How to access macros via tool buttons?
Excel v2007 When using v2003, I had many macros In my Personal.xls, which I accessed via custom tool buttons on many custom toolbars that I built. I now have version 2007, which includes my old Personal.xls with all my macros, but I want the easy access to those macros I used to have. Being the tool ribbon is a different system, what is now the strategy for fast button-clickable launching of macros? Are buttons built, menus, what? [I already know about the Quick Access Toolbar, but I have over a hundred macros I previously had divided onto several toolbars that I'd hide and s...

2 part question
first of all I seem to be having a little difficutly in recording a macro to just open a form to input database information on the row under the labels of each column. I know I can just open form after highlighting the row of labels and put the information in that way. But I want a button on the spreadsheet to click onto to open the form to input the data, and a button to do a search in the same fashion. My first problem is getting the macro to record properly. Second will be to get the command button to run the macro. I think I can do the second part of this but need the macro to do it...

Select tab to import from excel spreadsheet in Macro
I have one excel file that contains multiple tabs. Is it possible to select a specific tab to import in a Macro? I have static labels on these tabs that can be referenced. If so, which function would that be? Your help is appreciated! Kanley Just to clarify, I just need to import one tab at a time, but when i specify the worksheet name in the range field as WORKSHEET!, it wouldn't take it. Please help! On Oct 30, 11:29 am, KT <kan...@rocketmail.com> wrote: > I have one excel file that contains multiple tabs. Is it possible to > select a specific tab to import in a Mac...

Copying files to another PC & print macros
Hi, 1. Copying files to another PC This may be a very basic question but I'm new to Outlook I'm using outlook 2003 at home & Outlook 2000 at work. How can I export my contacts & calendar files from my home PC so I can import these to my work PC. I've tried just e-mailing these as .pst file attachments but Outlook won't let me do so. Is this because it is blocking unsafe attachments & if so can I overcome the blocking? I've tried copying them onto floppy disk but Outlook 2000 can't see the files Is this due to the different versions or another issue?...

Clicking Macros or Visual Basic Editor crashes Outlook
Hello, I am running Office 2003 on a HP computer with Windows Media Center XP. Every time I click on Tools/Macro/Macros, or Tools/Macro/Visual Basic Editor; Outlook completely crashes. There is no specific error message, and the contents of the data file that is sent to Microsoft will not copy to a text file so I can post it for help. I can click Tools/Macro/Security option just fine. I have the security set to Medium. The same options in Word and Excel work fine, bringing up the Visual Basic editor and a Macro list. I have tried "Detect and Repair" and it tells me ever...

Grouping & Moving Data
I have a spreadsheet with data in the following format on sheet1: Col A col B 1 pos 2 pos 3 pos 4 neg 5 pos 6 neg 7 pos 8 neg 9 pos etc etc - possibly upto 1000+ rows Each group of 3 are results of different tests on the same sample. (In reality there are currently12 different results for each sample) I need to convert this on to sheet 2 to read as follows: A B C D etc 1 pos pos pos 2 neg pos neg 3 pos neg pos etc etc Any ideas how to do this ? Thanks Joh -- Message posted from http://www.Ex...

form: data input locking up
Hello all... I have a form which was working fine until a few hours ago. The form has several sub forms. However, those are working fine. I am unable to edit/add/delete records on the main form. This is a front end database, with the main data storage on a network. I moved the data starage DB onto my local drive, reset the links and experienced the same problem. The form is not based on a query and writes directly into a data table. The form is normally called up (filtered) through code. however, I experience the same problem when I open it up directly (without filtering the re...

SQL Query to transform/group data by Date
Hi, I have a large Access table with data organised as follows: Field1: Code Field2: Date Field3: Value1 Field4: Value2 There are seveal different codes and therefore duplicate dates. I'd like to run a query to bring back each code grouped by date and so put the codes along the top as feilds. For example the query below brings back the following data for two codes. SELECT field2, field1, field3 FROM Data WHERE field1 In ('LLOY','RSA'); 21/01/05, LLOY, 12454 22/01/05, LLOY, 31541 21/01/05, RSA, 21241 22/01/05, RSA, 12414 Instead I want the data to look like this: ...

Moving Macros from Personal.xls to "This Workbook"
I created macros and stored them in Personal.xls and now want to move them to "This Workbook". How do I do that? Tina What are these macros for? The ThisWorkbook module exists in every Workbook (even the Personal.xls), and is there to trap events (such as the workbook being opened) so that specific code can be run. Do you have a need to do this? If you go into the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11) you should see the code modules in your Personal.xls. You can simply select the text and copy and paste into a code module in another workbook (the macros are stored as text data), so i...