Macros disabled?

I just tried to record a simple macro that would open several CSV files
and record them as XLS's. The recording part went fine, but then I tried
to open the file to test the macro and got this message:

"Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is
high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe."

The macros are being made to run on various machines within an office.
Should I change the security level of all of the machines? Or how can I
digitally sign them?

Thanks

0
brien1 (6)

I'd suggest setting the machines to Medium so users can pick which macros to
run.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Brien" <brien@hotmail.com> wrote in message
|I just tried to record a simple macro that would open several CSV files
| and record them as XLS's. The recording part went fine, but then I tried
| to open the file to test the macro and got this message:
|
| "Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is
| high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe."
|
| The macros are being made to run on various machines within an office.
| Should I change the security level of all of the machines? Or how can I
| digitally sign them?
|
| Thanks

0
jrrech (1933)

Will a Macro do this? If so, HOW?
I have a tracking spreadsheet going right now. Lots of dates and names. I would like to set up this sheet so that if I change a status (via dropdown menu) to complete, it automatically changes all dates to the next calendar year and clears that 'status'. Is this possible? Do I need a macro? And how do I set it up? I've never coded a macro, just recorded them... ...

Excel macro or command button to search using a user form
I have a user form which shows info about each student. I want to be able to enter a student's name in a textbox and have all the fields on the form populated with the student information. You need to be a lot more specific on what you are wanting else we have to make a lot of assumptions. I would recommend using a combobox instead of a textbox. This way you can utilize the Change Event and have the students info. automatically filled in the rest of your userform. I will assume you have a list of students in Sheet1 in Col. A. Just set the RowSource property of the c...

macro query disable download failure
Hello, I have a macro which retrieve different queries from the web. It happens that a resource at that moment isn''t available. If this happens the querie gives a message which said unable to open http://webpage This message i don't want to display (other routines herefor). I use "Application.DisplayAlerts = False" but this won't help. Can anybody help me with this problem. Thanks ...

Disable MAPI Missing after SP2 install
We succesfully installed SP2 for Exchange 2003. However I can't find the ability to disable MAPI access under an AD object's Exchange Features tab. Anyone know if I'm missing something? Thanks From the release notes - it's an attribute stored on a user account. Doesn't look like you'll find it under the Exchange Features tab. Enabling or Disabling MAPI Access per User Exchange Server 2003 SP2 adds functionality to enable administrators to completely turn off MAPI access for a given user, or to grant access to a user whose Microsoft Office Outlook is configure...

Disable 'Macro' dialog box...
Thanks Geoff, for the info on how to protect the VBA code. Have one further question; Now that the workbook and code is protected, I have sub routines that are run from command buttons. However, it is still possible to push ALT-F8 to list my routines, then click on a routine, then choose 'Run'... Is there a way to disable this option, so that users can not view or run the list of available routines (I need them to run the routines, only from the command buttons). Ruskin You can do what you want by making each macro a Private macro. This will preclude that macro from appearing...

MACROS SETUP
I would like to set up a macro to do the following: RUN MACRO = SENDING E-MAIL Set up Retreive info from several files (specefic worksheet). Retreive base on number e.g (111-0 or 187-1 etc).Each number has an e-mail address. Format to send as e-mail: 1st TEN rows of the worksheet and rows corresponding with the numbers (117-0) Retreive ONE row above and below numbers Page break if several numbers has the same e-mail within a file/worksheet Page break when retreive info from different file Hi just as a starting point: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

Macro to run when opening doc
Hi all Is there any way to make a macro run when opening a specific document?? Tks in advance António Hi Antonio, Yes, you can name the macro 'AutoOpen' or call it from a macro so-named in a normal code module. Alternatively, you can use a 'Document_Open' macro in the document's 'ThisDocument' module, instead of the 'AutoOpen' macro. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Antonio" <Antonio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:965EBAAC-A781-4163-9530-8454EDE1832B@microsoft.com... > Hi all &g...

Macro Error when moved Xcel Sheets from User's Home Dir to Networ
Hello Xcel spreadsheets Copied from User's Network Home Folder to Another Network Folder. copy \\network\home\userA\*x.s \\network\REPGROUP Getting "object variable or with block.." What else I need to copy, when copying from one network location to another. I reverted back to old way, still same problem Thanks Basheer Use FileCopy to copy files. -- Jim "Basheer" <Basheer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:744DF6C5-96B3-48B2-99AF-657487D87FCD@microsoft.com... | Hello | Xcel spreadsheets Copied from User's Network Home Folder to Another...

Disabled menus
Hi! I have new installation of GP10 with fabricam. SA user. I have customization menus disabled. For example, I can't modify "Site Maintenance" When I go to Customize - most menus disabled. How do I fix that? Thank you, Ivan Ivan, You will need registration keys, even if they are temporary. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Ivan" wrote: > Hi! > > I have new installation of GP10 with fabricam. SA use...

CScrollView: How to disable unused scrollbars (SIF_DISABLENOSCROLL)?
Hello, how is it possible to use SIF_DISABLENOSCROLL in a CScrollView view? That is, show the scrollbars all the time, but disable them when the current view fits entirely into the window (instead of removing them). CScrollView's habit of displaying the scrollbars only when they are needed (i. e. when SetScrollSizes ist called with a size greater than the window) causes a redraw which makes my application flicker because of its rather slow draw function. I tried this in OnDraw, both before and after my call to SetScrollSizes: SCROLLINFO si; si.cbSize = sizeof(si); si.fMask = SIF_DISA...

How to disable drag & drop in CWebBrowser2 ?
I have followed the tutorial "Using MFC to Host a WebBrowser Control" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/webbrowser/tutorials/wbtutorial.asp I'd like to disable drag & drop support. Currently, a word document/text document etc. can be dragged into the Window - which is not required. I have found the following text at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/hosting/wbcustomization.asp "If you don't want drag-and-drop support in your application, you can call IWebBrowser2::RegisterAsDropTarget, passing in VARIANT_TRUE, to prevent any drag-and-drop op...

Macros failing in different language versions of Word
My company wants to standardize on templates across several countries - we have offices in many countries, but for simplicity I will just talk about UK and Sweden. My problem is that some features in the English version of Word do not work in the Swedish version of Word. For example, StylRef. I use StyleRef in the header margin to refer to "Heading 1" style. The problem is that it is not called "Heading 1" in the Swedish version of Word. It is called "Rubrik 1", which translates back to "Heading 1" of course. In the UK we use many macro...

Referencing a macro in an Excel formula
Is it possible to reference a macro in an Excel formula. I want to create a formula that if a condition does not exist in a cell on that line, then delete the entire line. Is a macro the way to go or is there some other way? ...

Disable Autofil options
Hi I have Excel 2003 SP2, when I am woring in a spreadsheet a little square pops up that says "autofil options" when I hold the cursor over it. How do I stop this from happening. thanks Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck the "show insert options buttons" I also uncheck the "show paste options buttons". You can also go into Error Checking tab and maybe get rid of a few of those. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 14:15:00 -0800, Daniel - Sydney <DanielSydney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have Excel 2003 SP2, when I...

How do I set a macro to run at specific times?
Hi I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could someone tell me how I do this You can read about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm Nick123 wrote: > > Hi > > I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could > someone tell me how I do this -- Dave Peterson ...

Unhiding All hidden Worksheets with a Macro/VBA Code
Hi, Can anyone help me please ? Whilst working with an Excel Workbook I often hide all unwanted Worksheets leaving only the ones I need to work on visible. What I would like to do is have a macro or VBA code to click on a button to unhide all hidden worksheets rather repeating Format-Sheet-Unhide to unhide each worksheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated (Excel version Excel 2000) Many thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Protect macro
I have a workbook that contains a macro that many people will be using. can the macro be protected to prevent changes to the macro. I can protect worksheets but I don't know how to protect a macro. Garry Open your workbook Open the VBE hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer Select your project in the project explorer window Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection Tab Give it a memorable password (and lock the project from viewing) But remember, this password, like any password, can be broken by anyone with enough time or money. On 07/07/2010 08:57, Paladin046 wrote: > I have a wo...

How to add button for macro in Fluent UI?
I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the workbooks in my PC. I want to add a button in the fluent UI for that macro which will be available for all the work books. How to add a custom button? If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an addin) or http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm Yajiv wrote: > > I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the > workbooks in my PC. &...

Macros and Autofills problem
Can anybody help with this problem I'm having on Excel? I'm trying to write a Macro on Excel that gets information from database and the filters the information by various calculations an lookups. I get stuck because information I retrieve from the database does no always have the same amount of rows. So if I record a Macro, retrieve the date from the database, write formula in the first row and then double click on the lower right han box to copy the formula down to the other rows of information, it work fine. But if I run the Macro again and there are more rows from the data...

How To Find A Macro -- Word 2007
Our company has several hundred controlled forms that are saved as protected templates on a server. Recently, we've had many cases of people trying to open these templates and getting error messages about macros (Do you want to enable?) even though there shouldn't be any macros in the forms that are giving the errors. I know very little (read "less than nothing") about macros. How do you find and disable an unwanted macro in a document? Where do they hide? I don't know if it matters, but all of the forms that give these errors have been recently revised...

Finding Macros In Workbooks
Is there a wasy to find all Excel workbooks in a folder that have a macro in them. If so, how? Thanks, John ...

macros, but i dont't see them
My workbook says that it contains macros, (i tried to get a macro t work) but i no longer needed it, so I deleted it. BUt each time I ope the workbook, it says that there are macros. How can i find an existing macros (either in the workbook or on visual basic) and remov them? Thank you in advance for any help that you can give -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi This might help: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- Andy. "pboost1 >" <<pboost1.19uo36@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:pboost1.19uo36@excelforum-nospam.com...

Check Other User's Calendar Macro
Here is my scenario: I work for a not-for-profit company with no budget for purchasing any new apps or software. We do not have Exchange Server and use Outlook 2002. Two people in the office want to share there calendar info so that they can book appointments without having to always contact each other. We have Windows Server 2003 R2. Is there a macro that would copy user A's calendar to a folder on our server (N:) and have that same calendar accessed by user B? Any information would be greatly appreciated. We have limited technical knowledge and no money to purchase exchange se...

Autoexec macro #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C6467A.3D4BF3A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I create an "Autoexec" macro in Visio, to be run whenever Visio=20 starts (not just when I open a particular document)? Visio has the same "Reviewing Toolbar" problem as the other MS Office=20 applications (Reviewing toolbar displays whenever you start up MS Word = or=20 Excel or Visio, no matter how many times you turn it off). This works in MS Word: 'Add the following ...

How to disable "delete opportunity" menu item and action?
I have the need to disable the "delete opportunity" functionality, forcing users to "close" the opportunity with a reason. This update needs to be in two places: 1) Sales\Opportunities main screen, where there is the delete "X" on the screen. 2) Opportunity main form, where there is <Action\Delete Opportunity>. Can someone assist with a reference on how to make this happen? Thanks. Steve. Suggest you look at user role settings in order to accomplish this. -Chris There is no supported method to remove the interface elements. However what you c...