Macros Disabled #2

Hello,

I have a user running Excel 2000 on a Win 2000 sp3
machine.  She has a file with several macros.  The file is
a form with data fields for names, numbers, etc.  As soon
as she enters any data and clicks the tab button to go to
the next field, she gets an error message that the Macros
have been disabled and the Tab key won't go to the next
field.

She emailed me the file and when I open it on my machine
(same setup), I first get asked if I want to enable the
macros.  I say Yes - and everything works fine.  I emailed
the file back to the user, but it's still broken on her
system - she never gets asked upon opening the file if she
wants to enable the macros.

Any ideas?  Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

Ask your user to go to Tools - Macro - Security and change the setting, I
bet her's is set on High.

"Rebecca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a user running Excel 2000 on a Win 2000 sp3
> machine.  She has a file with several macros.  The file is
> a form with data fields for names, numbers, etc.  As soon
> as she enters any data and clicks the tab button to go to
> the next field, she gets an error message that the Macros
> have been disabled and the Tab key won't go to the next
> field.
>
> She emailed me the file and when I open it on my machine
> (same setup), I first get asked if I want to enable the
> macros.  I say Yes - and everything works fine.  I emailed
> the file back to the user, but it's still broken on her
> system - she never gets asked upon opening the file if she
> wants to enable the macros.
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks!

0
someone1 (389)

Functionality disabled in junk mail
I believe that disabling functionality in junk mail is extremely worthwhile. Unfortunately, if junk mail is moved to the deleted items folder, functionality is restored. This exposes us to the exact threat you are trying to avoid by disabling the functionality. I suggest that some flag be saved with mail identified as junk, and that flag be checked, and the user be given a warning before enabling functionality. Further, no flag or check is necessary if the user identifies the mail as not junk, or moves that mail to the inbox. Marvin ---------------- This post is a sugg...

Having 2 workbooks open simultaneously
I have a wide screen laptop that can accommodate 2 Excel workbooks side by side. I used that feature for a while until sometime about two weeks ago something happened (I don't know what) and now I a only able to keep one workbook open at a time. When I try to open a second one, the first one minimizes. Can anyone tell me how to get it back so that I can once again view 2 workbooks side by side? Many thanks for your help -- Royal Did yesterday's response work: "How about just window|Arrange|Tiled (or whatever you want)" Royal wrote: > > I have a wide screen l...

Macro or Function to make text size to suite text Length?
I would like to find Macro or Function that will make text size to suite text Length? eg. if the first cell has "bill smith" then the text size would be 10. But if you had "Christina Vandermear" then the text size would be as small as 7 in order to fit in that same size cell. I know it's a bit of an odd request, but is there a way to do that? thanks Hi only possible with VBA. You may download the following addin for this extension of the conditional format (as Excel's build in format can't change the font size): http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF...

Update for Microsoft XML core service 6.service pack 2
Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't load millypede wrote: > Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't > load Operating System? Service Pack level? Architecture? Anything that you have tried? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

Confidentiality Notice #2
How do i configure Exchange 2003 to add a Confidentiality Notice at the bottom of all outgoing emails?? Can this be done without using Visual Basic? Thanks, Greg ...

Outlook Express #2
I have Outlook Express installed on two computers at two separate residences. Both are set to check the same comcast email address. One works fine but the other I keep getting errors when I try to send out emails etc. Should I be able to use Outlook express at two separate locations to check the same email at different times without a problem. Sounds a bit like the problem I am having (see my post from earlier today). Both my PCs are configured the same: one keeps prompting me for the POP3 password for each e-mail account, the other I have been able to successfully save the pa...

2 Axes, same scale wanted
Hi Is it possible to set my second y axis so that the scale is identical to the first y axis. (My chart needs to have 2 axes as one plots daily values and one plots annual) but I find that excel automatically assigns diferent scales to each? This same reference should apply to dual axis charts. You can apply scales to both primary and secondary axes using worksheet cells via Jon's explanation below. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "jonny" wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to set my sec...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Macro cannot be disabled nor signed.
Following Error message. "This workbook contains a type of macro (Microsoft Excel version 4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled nor signed. Therefore, this workbook cannot be opened under High Security Level." Why is this happening....and what is the solution. -- PeteM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeteM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23736 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374104 Pete, You have an Excel 4 macro in the workbook. It's a completely diffe...

NDR in 2 Exchange Servers 2003 on 2 domains
Hi, 2 Exchange servers 2003. 2 domains. a.fr and b.fr. The Active Directory domain is xxx.local. Each domain is hosted on a distinct server, on the same Exchange organization. When an email arrives from outside the non delivery receipt is sent from postmaster@xxx.local. As almost every MTA now is checking if the 'from' belongs to a valid domain, this does not work. It is possible to change the NDR originator to postmaster@a.fr or postmaster@b.fr. But this is valid for the whole organisation. And I need the a.fr server to answer with postmaster@a.fr and the b.fr server answer from po...

2 different fonts in the same cell?
Hello! If I want (Times New Roman) "This is a red Wingdings 3 triangle ([change font] Wingdings 3: 123 [back to Times New Roman]").", I can do that in a cell. But if I refer to that cell (=A1) in B1, the Wingdings font doesn't come over and it winds up all TImes New Roman and looks like "This a red Wingdings 3 triangle ({)." How can I "=A1" for a cell that has two fonts in it and have the two fonts show up?? Thanks! VR/ Lost You can't have that in a FORMULA. You would have to change it to text first. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sales...

how do i delete everything after a particular character, after each such character? #2
thank you, everyone, for your great suggestions. i tried paul corrado's very simple solution below: Find What: enter " - *" (without the ""s) Replace With: enter " -" (if you still want the dash otherwise leav that field blank) that worked great except that many of the lines that continued onto second line were unaffected and need to be deleted. fortunately tha data that needs to be kept has an asterisk and some spaces in front o it (i.e., "* ") so perhaps there's some way to have excel chec each cell for the existence of this text and,...

Email Addresses #2
When I type in the first few letters of an email address a drop down apears with four or five email address. They are all for the same person, but only 1 is correct. How do I get rid of the incorrect email address? I have gone to the custom dicsonary in outlook and erased the wrong one there, but not all of them are there and even the ones I erased still show up. Any help would be helpful. Thanks When you start to type the address and the wrong address appears on the list, use your arrow keys to highlight that wrong address, then press [DELETE]. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneN...

Sorting by Color #2
Hello, Is it possible to sort in excel by color for entire row. Thanks, Manish hi, Manish ! > Is it possible to sort in excel by color for entire row. IF you mean the 'real/complete' entire row... some changes [minor I hope] has to be made.. this is 'the long way'... [trying you to provide 'only' a specific range including titles which are not sorted] the following macro will use the 'next' column for sorting numbered_colors... hth, hector. Sub Color_Sorting() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim myRange As String, n_Cols As Byte, n_Rows As Long...

Customize Outlook Today does not work #2
We are in an Exchange Server 5.5 environment, and the "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work at all. Please advise where to look next. TIA "Lee Hoyle" <lee@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:00b901c35139$57aac160$a101280a@phx.gbl > We are in an Exchange Server 5.5 environment, and > the "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work at all. > > Please advise where to look next. TIA Hello Lee, have you try it with this Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook ps...

Help with macro #5
The following macro puts the file names on the worksheet that has the command button. How can I put the file names on a different worksheet? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim FN As String ' For File Name Dim ThisRow As Long Dim FileLocation As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False FileLocation = "C:\Documents and Settings\nc1\Desktop\TAS forms\*.xls" FN = Dir(FileLocation) Do Until FN = "" ThisRow = ThisRow + 1 Cells(ThisRow, 1) = FN FN = Dir Loop End Sub ...

System Settings #2
Hello, We have CRM v3 installed on a box with SBS. I am logged into the SBS bog as the administrator. I clicked on Settings, Organizational Settings, System Settings. I recieve an error. Microsoft CRM : Error - Webpage Dialog Microsoft CRM Error An error occured. For more information, please contact your system administrator. Try Again. Close I searched KB, but I didn't find an article that seem to fit. Any ideas? cheers, Michael Hi Michael, Please enable the tracing and see what error is being thrown. Please check following URL on how to enable traciong for V3 and reproduce this ...

Linking 2 Subforms
After reading several posts on these forums, I am beginning to think that what I would like to do is impossible. I don't know if anyone can point me in the right direction or not, but here goes. I currently have a form with 2 subforms (both in datasheet view). The main form has combo boxes that filter the results in the first subform. I would like to be able to select a record in the first subform and have on the related records shown in the second subform. I believe this has something to do with Parent-Child links, but i know that you cannot have a parent-child link between 2 ...

Encrypt or Hide Macro
Hi All Hopefully someone out there can help me! I have written a macro that will auotomatically retreive fields from a database. How can i encrypt or totally hide the macro, so that users will not be able to see what is contained within the macro? Thx Go to the VBE, right click the project from the browser on the left an select "VBA Project Properties" On the second tab you should be able to set a password and lock it. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can also hide by putting this as the first line on the module Option Private Module -- Don Gui...

Background color #2
Using Visual C++ 6.0 Writing MFC dialog based. I set the background color by putting SetDialogBkColor(RGB(170,170,150)); into the project's .cpp file right at the ::InitInstance() This works fine, however; I got to thinking if there was a way change the background color at some point while the application is running rather than when it was initialized? Would I still use SetDialogBkColor() or some other function? "Frank" <franknospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:uWEJJ80ZGHA.4612@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Visual C++ 6.0 > Writing MFC dialog based. &g...

Hiding/Disabling Report Asking Window
In ServiceAdvantage module when I select the Inventory Requirements form >> Create PO >> Post button a 'Report Ask' form (SVC_Create_PO_Journal) appears and I cannot handle this window. I can't add it to the VBA, can't create a WatchTrigger. Perhaps it could be switched off in Tools >> Setup >> Posting >> Posting form, but I couldn't find any related entry there. This form is in dex.dic. How can I disable or handle this form? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Zoltan ...

Posting to a Historical Year 2 years old
My client wants to post to the historical year 2003, however 2004 is already closed. I told him you can only post to the most recently closed year. Any suggestions? There is a setting in GL Setup to allow historical posting plus may have to go to Fiscal Period setup and open the year. While in GL setup make sure the Retained Earnings account is correct b/c GP will create "roll forward" entries for subsequent years and these entries may effect retained earnings. >-----Original Message----- >My client wants to post to the historical year 2003, however 2004 is already ...