macros are disabled message but macro security is low

I just installed Office 2003 and am trying to record/run macros in an Excel
worksheet.  I can record a macro, but when I open Tools/Macro/Macros..., the
Edit, Create, Delete, & Options buttons are grayed out. The Run and Step Into
buttons are active, but when either is clicked, a message "Macros are
disabled because the security level is set to high......" is displayed.  The
secruity level is NOT set to high, however.  I have tried every setting from
high to low, with no effect on the error message.  Any help would be
appreciated.  This is the first time I have tried to use Excell 2003, and I
am wondering if there are any security setting besides Tools/Macro/Security
that need to be adjusted.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have.

0
RRJ (1)

Hi

just an idea, close all open workbooks - leave excel open - now choose tools
/ macro / security - set it to medium.
now close excel
now open excel - check the security settings ... if they're still set to
medium try running & recording a macro

let us know how you go

Cheers
JulieD

"RRJ" <RRJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just installed Office 2003 and am trying to record/run macros in an
Excel
> worksheet.  I can record a macro, but when I open Tools/Macro/Macros...,
the
> Edit, Create, Delete, & Options buttons are grayed out. The Run and Step
Into
> buttons are active, but when either is clicked, a message "Macros are
> disabled because the security level is set to high......" is displayed.
The
> secruity level is NOT set to high, however.  I have tried every setting
from
> high to low, with no effect on the error message.  Any help would be
> appreciated.  This is the first time I have tried to use Excell 2003, and
> am wondering if there are any security setting besides
Tools/Macro/Security
> that need to be adjusted.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions anyone might have.

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Excel macro #5
I have recorded a macro that formats a cell, I am unable to stop recording the macro with the focus on the same cell. Hitting return I can then stop recording but get a range statement at the end of the macro. This is what I have for the macro: With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 39 .Pattern = xlSolid .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic End With ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "^" Range("H27").Select This causes the macro to end o up on the H27 cel after every time the macro is run. Is there any way to keep the focus on the active cell I ...

Need macro help to close excel

Any way to suppress WM_ACTIVATE message?
Hello all, I'm trying to implement idle time detection in my MFC app. If i detect that the user has been idle, i bring up a dialog for the user to login again, in the handler for my Main window's WM_ACTIVATE. The problem is, if the user cancels the login, I should call WM_CLOSE and exit, but as soon as the login dialog is dismissed, the WM_ACTIVATE message is dispatched again, so I don't see a way to exit... Is there any way to suppress the message, or any other way to handle the re-login? Thanks and Regards Madhavi "Madhavikutty" <madhaviks@gmail.com> wrote i...

Outlook Express Messages Disappeared
We have three email addresses in our household. Yesterday they were working and messages were there. Today all messages have disappeared and wants us to restart Outlook. Why? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

for non-windows class, how to send message?
I want to send message to non-windows class, how to do that? There is no concept like this. You can force it by deriving it from CWnd and create a hidden window. Why would you want to do this? Are you doing this across threads? --- Ajay "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1145902467.211430.275490@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I want to send message to non-windows class, how to do that? There is a reason the OS is called "Windows". <grin> Depending on your exact case, you may just want to create a window, and use it. DanB Windows &q...

Incorrect number of unread messages in Outlook Express
I've seen this problem listed in several places, but have yet to find a satisfactory answer. Here's my sitation: I have a computer that shows an incorrect number of unread messages in the Outlook Express Inbox whenever it downloads messages. Sometimes it's only 1 more than the number it downloaded, sometimes more. I'm not subscribed to any newsgroups, nor do I have any rules or mail filters enabled, including junk mail filters. We've had this problem through two different IMAP accounts, two different ISPs, two different email addresses, and on two different Windows use...

crm for outlook with offline access disables download headers
Hi All For several years I have been unable to use the facility in outlook 2003/2007 to "download headers" or "on slow connections download headers". The full message would be downloaded irrespective of the setting in outlook. I had pretty much given up as I had been unable to get a response from Outlook newsgroups or find anything on the web. I recently saw a similar issue caused by an outlook addin and by a process of elimination have determined it is CRM for outlook with offline access addin. Setting the addin to online or offline makes no difference but disa...

Macro Help #4
Hi I am trying to write a Macro that opens another workbook (test.csv) and copies the data from and places into the workbook with the macro (testenabled.xmls) which will run on a scheduled task. I keep running into this error run time error '9' subscript out of range Here is the code - I would really appreciate some help. Sub test() ' ' test Macro ' ' ChDir "C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop" Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop\test.csv" Range("A1:B5").Select Selection.Copy Windows("Book1"...

Design Advice for Security in Access 2007?
Hello, I am new to Access 2007 but understand programming and have a fair amount of experience with VBA in Excel and Word, so I am hopeful this knowledge will prove to be useful in Access. I am about to start the design of a new Access 2007 application for tracking customers, their orders, shipping, etc. for a small company. I am thinking ahead and want to be able to secure the application to the best of my ability and within the constraints of Access 2007 and any other tools or utilities. I have read a lot of articles on this newsgroup about the .accde file and it being a means for a global...

User Security Report shows accessible items as non-a
Hi, Tech Knowledge 37004 details a problem with User Security Report. It is not scheduled for a fix. I am able to fix the window security by individually checking off the problem windows and then selecting MARK ALL. I have not tested this at a Class level yet and also have been unable to get it to work for Integration Manager file access. My questions: 1) Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue, perhaps at the Report Writer level. 2) Why does sa not have access the the Alternate Great Plains Windows and Reports? What is the difference in these windows/reports? thx, Doug T...

Getting started with Macros
Can someone provide a good web site that details how to use macros. I have never used them and I have no idea where to start. Thanks, Ant Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ant wrote: > Can someone provide a good web site that details how to use macros. > I have never used them and I have no idea where to start. > > Thanks, > Ant "Ant" <Ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B8ADCB9-4F0A-451F-A1F7-0392112AF5AB@microsoft.com... > Can someone provide a good web site tha...

SMTP message with attachment keeps resending
I ran into this with Outlook2002, but thought it was fixed with a patch and was no longer an issue with Outlook 2003. I'm running Outlook 2003 and find this morning that sending messages with attachments over about 500K results in the messages remaining in the Outbox, delivery receipts begin returning indicating the message was successfully delivered, but the message never makes it to Sent Items. Thus my computer continues to resend the message with the attached file. Could this be an issue with XP Service Pack 2? I installed it over the weekend and didn't notice this pro...

help on macro for making chart
Hi, i want to make a plot using macro where I want my x-axis to be the value from the same column but random rows for example R18C3,R19C3,R21C3,R23C3,R25C3,R27C3 ( only rows are changing) and my Y-axis should also be something like this R18C5,R19C5,R21C5,R23C5,R25C5,R27C5 ( only rows are changing) For one plot It is working but i do not know how i can plot for other columns... the code looks like this Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 3/30/2007 by Roger ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+m ' Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterLines ...

Macro problem
Hi, I have a spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf scores. The spreadsheet uses a macro for copying the scores to a database sheet and to a statistics sheet. When running this macro the process fails on the statistics sheet. It involves copying 2 matrices from the scorecard sheet to the statistics sheet. If I uninstall the security updates for Excel 2007 in Windows 7 the spreadsheet works like a charm. I usually just removes all excel updates and unchecks updates for excel in Windows Update. However, now I have this update, that keeps installing itself after a reboot (KB982308). I ...

Disabling auto - Your files are attached and ready to send
This seems to be an XP issue, but also pertains to how IE 6 prepares email links to be mailed from Outlook 2K. When selecting Send a Link from IE6, it auto-generates the following message in Outlook 2K in the message body area. I know it can be manually deleted but that is not a solution. "Your files are attached and ready to send with this message" Is there a registry fix for this? Must be, its a pain in the you know what. Thanks! -- marx404 No, it's hardcoded in the sendmail dll. I use select all (control a) and begin typing to remove it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outl...

Send this page as message.
I'm trying to send a publication as a message, and when sent from one computer, it is always received as plain text. When sent from a different computer it sends ok. Creating a new document and sending it in the same manner works fine on the computer that doesn't send the message in question. I have tried for over an hour, changing this setting and that setting with no results. Can someone point me in a direction to look. Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "RJ" <RJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Linking a Message Box to a cell value
Okay, this is probably the worst way to do things, but I want to link cell value to a message box. I am basically going to use the messag box as a method of data validation. If the data value of the cel exceeds a certain data range, then the message box should pop up an alert the user that his input data is "out-of-range" I can't really use the data validation approach. I have a drop dow menu next to the input data cell to allow for different input units. This drop down menu is used along with conversion factors to a specifi unit that I want to use in my calculations. The ...

security of the Money file
A friend is considering installing Money on a laptop. Suppose that the laptop gets stolen and that the thief manages to sign in to Windows. If Money has a normal password, and "Remember my password" is not checked, how secure is the financial information? Not terribly. Search the web for access password crack. "Paul Pedersen" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message news:%23B$aNxATIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >A friend is considering installing Money on a laptop. Suppose that the >laptop gets stolen and that the thief manages to sign in to Windows. If &g...

Outlook 2002 hang with error message when closing. #2
My customer is using Windows 98 operating system, with the Office 2002 (XP) version, and many user encounter error message during they want to close the outlook, the problem did not happen when they open it, appreciate somebody can help/advice on this issue. Below is the Error report Contents:Exception Information Code: 0xfff60951 Flags: 0x00000000 Record: 0x00000000c0000005 Address: 0x0000000000000000 System Information Windows, Minor Version: 10 Build:67766446 CPU Version Code:88A78094 - 30025EC0 -00000001 cpu Version: 00000686 CPU FeatureCode: 0383F9FF CPU AMD Feature Code:...

Drag and Drop message works in some folders, not in others
Using Outlook 2003, installed over Outlook 2002, PST file for delivery location, no Exchange server, I can drag an email to some folders and not to others. I can't find anything different between the ones that work and the ones that don't. Any tips on where to look or what to change would be helpful. TIA, Dave Do you get any error messages? Are these always the same folders? If so; which ones? Have you already cleared your Deleted Items folder? and ran scanpst.exe against your pst-file? -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

Help with Security Ideas on new install
Good morning. We are about to install our first Exchange 2003 box and the question of security was asked by our brass. Keeping in mind that our owner (small company here) is against any access to our network (to date) I need some suggestions on strong security guidelines when setting up this box. Any sugggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Terry Security-Hardening Exchange 2003 Servers http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3SecHardGuide/faecb78b-8453-4192-966e-06b05d49103f.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/bl...

Restored archived messages- Headers but no Body
Imported archived messages I see the header but not the body. When I double click it says you must download to view. Help I need these emails. Is there another way to see .pst files Shay <joshua@channelintegration.com> wrote: > Imported archived messages I see the header but not the body. When I > double click it says you must download to view. Help I need these > emails. > Is there another way to see .pst files File>Open>Outlook Data File is the best way to open a PST. -- Brian Tillman ...

XML Error Message
When I click on the Summary button for a case I receive an error message stating the following. Error: Object doesn's support this property or method Xml: undefined The only choice I have is to click the OK button. I then am able to go into the summary without any issues. This is just an annoying error and if anyone can help me figure out why it is being displayed I would appreciate it. Thanks. Keith I assume you are using an add-in like c360 Activity Summary, since there is no "Summary" in CRM out of the box. I would check with c360's support if that's where ...

disabling splash screen?
How do I turn off the splash screen in Outlook 2000? Thanks. -- marx404 ...

font macro
How can I print all the fonts I have on my computer in Word. I have Word 2007 and a PC. I used to be able to do it with a macro in prior versions. Is there a way to do it now? Thanks Sue The macro at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FontSampleGenerator.htm works in Word 2007 with no problems. Probably most others will, too. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. antssistr wrote: > How can I print all the fonts I have on my...