Macros #6

Please can someone give me the definition of a macro?
Thanks.
0
alkat (2)

I hope this helps.

>If you perform a task repeatedly in Microsoft Excel, you
can automate the task with a macro. A macro is a series of
commands and functions that are stored in a Visual Basic
module and can be run whenever you need to perform the
task. You record a macro just as you record music with a
tape recorder. You then run the macro to repeat, or "play
back," the commands.
Regards,
Wayne
0
wwtarlton (8)
9/23/2003 4:22:03 AM

Regards
Kathy
0
alkat (2)

Outlook 6.x Link freezing
I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully updated) Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, but without opening the link. And ideas? ~Yue Yue <daovanveries@msn.com> wrote: > I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully > updated) > > Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a > temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, > but without opening the link. > > And ideas? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Run-time Error 6 when Calculating Physical Inventory #2
Any ideas? tried reindexing and checking for gross large quantities. thanks dave ...

Macro not running
I have recorded a macro in an Excel 2002 template, created a Custom Menu Item, and assigned the macro name to it. When I open the template (which creates the file “name1.xls”) and run the macro from the Custom Menu Item, it fails with the message “name1.xls could not be found”. However, when I run from ‘Tools | Macro | Run’ it works OK. I'm confused. Any help would be appreciated. First, if you really created a template workbook, then the workbook's that created isn't name1.xls -- it won't have an extension until you save it to disk. It should be just name...

Closing file with macro
I would like to automatically close a file without saving using a macro. Any suggestions? Dim wkbk as workbook Set wkbk = workbooks("someworkbooknameherethat'salreadyopen.xls") wkbk.close savechanges:=false dwake wrote: > > I would like to automatically close a file without saving using a macro. Any > suggestions? -- Dave Peterson You can record a macro that will copy all of the movements. To record the macro, go to Tools ==> Macro ==> Record Macro. That will pull up the Record Macro window, name your macro, and give it a shortcu...

Writing Macro in Excel
Hi i'm new to writing macros for an excel file. i've a macro which will read the data from worksheets and copies that data and paste the copied data into new workbook sheets. it is copying the data into new work sheet. whats my problem is my original application contains formatted data like having cloros and some of the columns having big font size etc and some of sheets contains merged cells. i'm totally having 8 worksheets with different layouts and the macro copying the data into 8 new worksheets but the look and feel is not similar to the original application. But i ...

Activate A series of Macros
I have a series of macros, eg, macro1, marco2 and marco3 in excel workbook. I want all these macros perform when one event happen. A event could be anythings, click bottom, run macro, etc. Thank you for helps. Hi Eddie, Try something like: '========>> Sub MainMacro() Macro1 Macro2 Macro3 End Sub '<<======== --- Regards, Norman "Eddie" <eddie2002@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1133321903.127299.134990@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a series of macros, eg, macro1, marco2 and marco3 in excel > workbook. I want...

Archiving #6
Any best practise in archiving exchange email to .pst and backup to server without users intervention. I have this problem with users archiving pst till 6-7GB. I wish i can break it up and backup to server, and users still have a local copy On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:38:47 +0800, "James Lau" <james@viperlink.com.sg> wrote: >Any best practise in archiving exchange email to .pst and backup to server >without users intervention. >I have this problem with users archiving pst till 6-7GB. I wish i can break >it up and backup to server, and users still have a local c...

Outlook Express 6.0 #12
OE asked if I wanted to compact my files. I clicked yes. OE cleared out all of my subfolders & e-mail. How can I restore everything? "TimL" wrote in message news:7149CC48-79C9-473C-BF74-41821F5778CF@microsoft.com... > OE asked if I wanted to compact my files. I clicked yes. OE cleared > out all > of my subfolders & e-mail. How can I restore everything? There is no "express" in the name of this newsgroup. This newsgroup is to discuss Outlook, not Outlook EXPRESS. There are newsgroups for Outlook Express where you will need to ask your question....

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

opening files with macros
Hello I am writing a macro that prompts a user to enter two values. These values are need to open certain files on the computer. The two values are two folders the document is located under. I am getting the error "divide by zero" Here's my code: Sub Macro2() Dim filetypenm filetypenm = InputBox("Enter File Name you would like to compare") Dim nm nm = InputBox("Enter Year you would like to compare") Application.GetOpenFilename ("""C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Coop Students\Small Package Rates\UPS rates\" & nm \ ...

Internationalization for formulas & macros #3
No. It's an Excel 2000 file -- micto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mictou's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1637 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27750 ...

Outlook 6...how to delete messages without opening them
Is there a way to do this?? Tks... On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:41:30 -0700, "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to do this?? Tks... Highlight the message in the message list and hit the Delete key. -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 News Client (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0 www.forteinc.com News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.2 www.newsrover.com ...

Add money to your Paypal account with OPRAH 6"ji
Read this message until the end, and you will find out how the money flows in easy !!!!. Follow the steps and it WILL work. Trust me !!!!!. It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. PROVEN ON OPRAH! Reported in the Wall Street Journal!!!! The only thing you need is : - E-MAIL ACCOUNT - PREMIER (FREE) or BUSINESS PAYPAL ACCOUNT - $6 on this account (The only investment) - 30 minutes of your time There is no limit on how much money you can recieve, and you haven't got anything to lose with this Business program. I will explain how it works !!!!!. Follow these 4 easy steps an...

WM_ACTIVATEAPP: VC 6 vs 7.1
Hi, One of the paramters of WM_ACTIVATEAPP changed from HTASK to DWORD. What's the recommended way to maintain compatibility with both VC 6 and 7.1? Just some #if magic? Olaf Thats what I do. I don't use VC7 for production code yet - no point as a new release is on the way, but the compiler is still better so I periodically copy projects to a work directory and run through the vc7 compiler fixing issues such as this with #ifdefs and also bug fixing code that needs it then retro fitting the changes into the vc6 project. - Tim "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail...

Column Widths #6
I work on a tool which is used worldwide. The tool is protected so that they cannot change formulas, formatting, etc. We recently changed the formatting of some of the columns to display 2 decimals. We had also changed the column width to account for the 2 decimals. However, it seems there are some countries that have very large numbers and the columns are not wide enough so it displays ####. Because the tool is protected, they cannot change the column width. Is there a way that the column can be automatically adjusted to account for the large numbers? --- Message posted from http://ww...

backing up Excel macros
How do I backup Excel macros in Excel 97 and Excel 2003? 1) Backup tape 2) CD / DVD 3) To another drive 4) To a workbook with an alternative name But, I'm guessing there's more to your question than you've told us about :-) -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3fde01c3e420$2c8313a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I backup Excel macros in Excel 97 and Excel 2003? Peter, You can expor...

Hiding Macros #2
I am using Macros in my excel sheets. I have protected my macro coding by locking it, so that no one can able to see my macro coding. But I want to protect in such a way that no one can able to see even the names of the macros that I have created. Add: Option Private Module at the top of each module. -- Jim "mrbalaje" <mrbalaje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5C9AE71-E263-41C9-AE1B-B232C069535F@microsoft.com... |I am using Macros in my excel sheets. I have protected my macro coding by | locking it, so that no one can able to see my macro coding. ...

Excel Macro at Startup
How do I have an excel macro run automatically when a particular file i opened -- eddieh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eddiehk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1585 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27347 You need to use a Workbook_Open or Auto_Open event. See Chip Pearson's website for more info: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >How do I have an excel macro run automatically when a particular...

Macro events
Hi At present I am running a macro which list the files in a specified directory on a worksheet using the following events, Sub Worksheet_Activate() Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range). Can I run the macro whenever a file is saved to this directory? Thanks. Hi Better use an UDF Here are 3 UDF's, combining which allows you to list all files of certain type in folder, the workbook is saved in, and/or in all of it's subfolders Public Function GetSubfolder(MyFolder As String, FolderNum As Integer, Optional MyTime As Date) Dim fs, f, f1, s, sf Set fs = ...

Buttons for Macros
Hi, Ive created some simple Macros that print sheets in my workbook. Which is all fine, but I will be sending the spreadsheet out to people who will not have a clue how to use a macro. Currently Im using Ctrl+x to do it, but............ I want to create a button on the worksheet that they can press with their mouse to activate the Macro. Is this possible - Im sure Ive seen it somewhere. Thanks. -- Ainsley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ainsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31960 View this threa...

Keep macro in toolbar?
I know how to keep a macro in the toolbar, but I want to be able to call a macro without it's specific file being opened. Right now, I have several macros in the toolbar, but the file in which they originated has to be open for the macro to run. Is there a way to call these macros without opening a file? Matthew In article <1189739587.206625.181380@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>, Katanna <KellingCal@memediaweb.com> wrote: > I know how to keep a macro in the toolbar, but I want to be able to > call a macro without it's specific file being opened. Right now, I >...

Adv Filter fails in macro, works manually
I created a form with comboboxes and textboxes so the user could select search criteria. The selections are written to the criteria range of a worksheet. Underneath the criteria range, on the same worksheet, is the extract range. Both ranges include column headers. The code does not give any run-time errors, but neither does it populate the extract range with any data. If I hardcode the criteria--i.e., bypass the form and enter the criteria directly on the spreadsheet--the extract range is populated with all the data, not just the ones with criteria entered. I thought perhaps...

Macro Help
Hi All I have a workbook which contains >200 sheets. What I need to do is to insert a "cover" sheet and then create a macro pick up 5 cells from each worksheet (the cells don't alter) and copy and paste the values into the Cover Sheet going progressively down a column, with a different column for each cell. so i need the macro to go to Sheet1 get the cells paste into correct columns and then go to Sheet2 and repeat the process, until there are no more sheets left. Eg. i need b3, b4, c26, e26, h26 from each worksheet in the whole workbook to be summarised so column ...

Simple Macros (i hope)
Hi Guys, I want to write three (simple to you guys, i think) macros which will pull out separately the following information. 1st Macro. I have a column which has a lot of random dates of when people took a specific test, with another column outlining whether they passed or not. I want to write a macro which will just pull out the people who took and passed the test in the last week. Is that possible? 2nd Macro. I have a column which has a lot of dates for when people registered to take a test, along with another column which outlines whether they have either 'not taken the test...

Sending a macro as an executable?
Hi, I have a few excellent macros which I use for family history purposes I have tried sending macros to people who request them, but usually get an enormous amount of email as the people who need them are no usually computer-savvy and they are always doing things wrong an getting into a mess. What I would like to do is to send then an exe file, which the double-click on, and it automatically adds an extra icon to thei toolbar with the macro attached to the icon. Can this be easily done? Regards and Best Wishes to the Forum for 2006 -- Wib ----------------------------------------------...