Macros #34

I am trying to edit and create some macros in an excel spreadsheet that was
created by someone else.  There are macros for this spreadsheet but for some
reason when I go to Tools -> Macro -> Macros it doesn't show any in the list.
 When I go to Tools -> Macro -> Visual Basic Editor there is code for the
macros.  I have some buttons on the spreadsheet that I want to assoicate with
the macros but the buttons almost seem like they are locked, when i write
click them nothing happens but a shortcut menu should appear.  Is there maybe
some special security on there I don't know about?  Anyone know why I can't
access the macros or edit the buttons???
0
Playa1 (9)

"Playa" <Playa@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> I am trying to edit and create some macros in an excel spreadsheet that
was
> created by someone else.  There are macros for this spreadsheet but for
some
> reason when I go to Tools -> Macro -> Macros it doesn't show any in the
list.
>  When I go to Tools -> Macro -> Visual Basic Editor there is code for the
> macros.  I have some buttons on the spreadsheet that I want to assoicate
with
> the macros but the buttons almost seem like they are locked, when i write
> click them nothing happens but a shortcut menu should appear.  Is there
maybe
> some special security on there I don't know about?  Anyone know why I
can't
> access the macros or edit the buttons???

Maybe there are only functions.
Can you mail or paste a code snippet?

Hi,
I might be able to help. Send me all relevant details
and sample sheets. Be specific.

See my stuff at:
http://au.geocities.com/excelmarksway
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au

 - Mark E. Philpot

0
anonymous (74722)
11/9/2004 10:23:10 PM
You can hide the names of subroutines from that tools|macro|macros dialog a
couple different ways:

1.  Add "Option Private Module" to the top of each module
2.  Declaring your routine like:  "Private Sub testme()"
3.  Having the sub accept an argument
    Private Sub testme(optional dummyParm as variant)

But since you can see the code, you can either (temporarily) change the line or
even just type in the name of the routine into that "macro name" box on the
tools|macro|macros dialog.

After you assign the button, reverse your changes--to keep the macros "hidden".

--

Dave Peterson
0

MATCH, LOOKUP, macro?
I have a list of 176 items and another list of 870 items. I need to see if the items in the smaller list are on the bigger list. There is no guarentee of any ascending or descending sort order. And I need to match two values in the same row. So: IF (A2 is in B2:B871) _ AND **in the same row** C2 matches the value in col D _ THEN return "Yes" MATCH and LOOKUP seem to require a sort order. And I'm not sure how to use the row number with those. I could cobble together a macro, but I thought a built-in function might be faster and easier (not to mention I might actuall...

Macro to insert to move values of a cell to next cell in the same row
Hello, I would like to know the Macro code for Moving the Values of a cell to next cell based upon values in a particular cell. Ex:- Col A(DATE) Col B(0-30 Days) Col C(30-60days) ColD(60-90day) Jan-05 10 Feb-05 10 Based upon date in Col A i want move the value in col b and c to the next cell.Basically this for aging the items in the work sheet Hi There, Can anyone pls give the code for this query. Pls help ...

macro button on spreadsheet
I know how to create a macro and how to attach it to a button on the toolbar. What I would like to do is place a button out on the worksheet to run the macro. When I follow the directions in help it doesn't work. THANKS for the help. I am using Excel 2002. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "it doesn't work"? Are you able to create the button? How did you create the button -- via the Forms toolbar or the Controls Toolbox? Can you create it but don't know how to tell it to run your macro? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:07:01 -0700, "SheriTingle" <Sh...

Need help creating macros
Hi there, For whatever reason when our system compiles data into Excel 2003 it creates a worksheet that looks like this (for example): Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple Green Green Green Blue Blue Blue Blue Red Red Red Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Orange Orange Orange Brown Brown Brown Brown Teal Teal Teal Black Black Black Black Grey Grey ...

activate macro
how do i automatically run a macro when i move from one worksheet to another. ie select another worksheet, then automatically run a specific macro pat Patrick, Put this sub in the ThisWorkbook module. Sh will be the worksheet that was just activated. Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox Sh.Name ' take out the line above and put in your code End Sub -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets ...

Macro if criteria
Hi, i have two macros. (macro 1 and macro 2) I need macro 1 to run if in A1 is "JOHN", in B1 is "MARY" and if C1 is empty ; and macro 2 to run if in A1 is "JIM", in B1 is "CRIS" and in C1 is "BOB". Can this be done? Thanks! Seems simple If Range("A1").Value2 = "JOHN" And _ Range("B1").Value2 = "MARY" And _ Range("C1").Value2 = "" Then Call Macro1 ElseRange("A1").Value2 = "JIM" And _ Range("B1").Value2 = &...

writing my first Macro
Hello, I am trying to write a macro for the first time in OUTLOOK 2000. I find this will help me cause I don't get around very well. But am having trouble to write one in the VBA. Can you show me how to simply write a few sentences that I can "automatically" include in an email reply to someone. Or if you can send me just a very simple sample or example of a macro that has a small paragraph email. that would be great. I have been looking on "google for hours" now, and all I could find was this sample below, but all it does is put in the "subject l...

excel
I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that contains text like a customer name. Record your macro to include the File > SaveAs, then edit that line of code. Instead of ... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY2006" ..., you might use .... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY" & range("B2").value ... "bossman tv" wrote: > I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that > contains text like a customer name. ...

transferring macros from one PC to Another
Hi, I have some macros on one PC. The machine is very slow and I want to format it. But I want to transfer all my macros to a CD or another PC. Please help me in doing that. Tell me how can I do it. Thanks Much Suman Suman, to move to another computer you can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a CD or what ever you backup to, then import it to the...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

Button fails to call macro when open an Excel via Intranet
Hi all, Can someone help me with my with this problem. I have an Excel file with a button to run a small macro: unhide and displys worksheets. It works when the file is opened with Excel. The macro is simple: Sub Button1_Click() Sheets("FF").Visible = True Sheets("FF").Select Range("C1").Select End Sub I need to open it from an intranet site. When user selects the file, the web app retrieves the file and responses to open an Excel file. But on the intrenet I get the following error massage "The macro "GenerateResource.aspx?Resour...

How to insert a Macro within a macro?
I have a sub Format() and I want another macro called: AddRows() To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro. What I did doesn't work. I had Sub Format() ..... ..... Sub AddRows() End sub ..... End Sub. How can I do this? try Sub Format() stuff call AddRows() End sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:178701c50d68$f99f8c70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a sub Format() > > and I want another macro called: AddRows() > > To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro...

macro to change column to keep only last 5 characters
I'm not sure how I can use left or right or trim on this, but any suggestions? Formula method. Assuming data in column A, in B1 enter =RIGHT(A1,5) and double-click fill handle to copy down. Macro method. You choose the activecell. Sub trimmit() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each cell In rng cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, 5) Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), S Himmelrich <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure how I can use left or right ...

Run macro from if statement
Is there a way to run a macro from the results of an if statement? i.e. if(cell a2=1,"run macro",dont run Any ideas? What I am trying to do ultimately is show a userform if the contents of a cell are changed Thanks I can't find a way to run a macro, but where is your userform that you want to show? It is possible to call another worksheet or area in the formula. If your userform isn't on an Excel worksheet you could paste it into one. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to run a macro from the results of an if statement? i.e. if(cell a2=1,"run macro&q...

macro to find phone number and label with text
Hi-- Here's the situation: I have long lists of satellite phone bills that I need to track by individual phone users and I want to build a macro that seeks out a specific number (example, macro searches "882 156 445 4554" and in the column next to it, automatically spits out "Dan's phone." In one Excel file, I have a growing list of satellite phone numbers (~400 numbers) that I'm constantly adding to that I'm hoping the macro can draw from. In the other set of files, I have individual phone bills for each phone (about 18 separate excel files per month) wi...

Attachng a Macro to a worksheet/book
I have created a spreadsheet that contains a macro to perform certain calcuations and functions. However, it ony works on my PC. If I send it via email to someone else to use I get a message stating that "The macros in this Project are Disabled" However, when I go into Tools, Macros and Run Macro, I can see it, but it will not run it? Any ideas? Hi ezeetyger! Sounds like the security settings in the other person's computer are set to high. Use: Tools > Macro > Security Set to Medium (gives a choice on opening a book with macros in it) Set to Low (allows all macros) ...

is there anyway in an excel macro to reorder the sheet tabs from left to right?
is there anyway in an excel macro to reorder the sheet tabs from left to right? Hi Daniel, see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#sortallsheets --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OctZdyBeFHA.3028@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > is there anyway in an excel macro to reorder the sheet tabs from left to > right? > > ...

Save file macro
I have made a macro that saves a file with the word 'new' appended to the end of the filename. However examining the macro shows that it is therefore unique to that filename. How would I change it so that when I attach the new macro to a button (which I can handle) it will attach 'new' to the existing file regardless of the filename? Or is there a better way of achieving my objective? Thanks Brian Tozer Brian Tozer wrote: Problem solved. Return to your Xmas pudding. Brian Tozer ...

macro #9
I have a column with mixed numbers and letters. The numbers are in the front of the cell with the text following. I need to delete the numbers and leave the text in tact (moved into the left of the cell with no spaces) I thought I could create a macro to help me automate the process... but the macro I create only copies the original cell to the new cell with numbers deleted. Any suggestions? Are the numbers and letters in the same position? In other words, is the text always 4 characters from the right of the text? 012345abc 0123abc 012abc If so, use =Right(cell,4) formula to just pu...

save macro help!! #2
ttt, anyone? -- gmannew ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gmannewt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26761 ...

Can someone please tweak my Macro?
OK, this isn't Excel, it's Word, but there is no forum for Wor comparable to this forum for Excel, and as the problem is really VBA thought, heh, give it a try. I want to record a macro to help me with indexing a large book. The wa to mark an index entry is to select the text, then press the ke combination Shift+Alt+X, or on the Menu go to Insert, Index and Tables Mark Entry. I would rather have this in a single key, such as F12. My first try was to select a word, such as 'Beverley', in "Beverley i a market town in the East Riding of Yorkshire. I then recorded in macr...

Office 2003
Since a few days ago, I have started to receive the warning shown below every time I start Outlook. I have no idea where this comes from or how to resolve it Help Thanks "This file contains macros with an expired or revoked signature. Since you are running under high security level thse macros will be disabled" I found the answer. It is the macro security setting in MS Office. What I don't know is how it got changed from medium to high "Jim McColl" <jamccoll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:B749422D-D6DE-4938-AAB4-5FABE8A3C61E@microsoft.com... &g...

Very very basic macro help
I am trying to learn visual basic through example. Can somone help me solve this problem? I have two different Excel workbooks, both located on my desktop. The first is named Book1.xls The second is Book2.xls On Sheet 1 of Book1, under column A (cells 2 through 11) I have the numbers 1 through 10. I would like to write a macro that copies the values in these cells and pastes them into sheet 1 of Book2, in the same cells. Also, I would like for the cells in book 2 to be red, and the font to be bold and white. Please help. Thanks. In XL turn on the macro recorder (Tools | Macro...

Button to Activate Macro
I have recorded a simple macro to hide a few columns of an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to run the macro from a click event for a button control. I added the button from the control toolbox. When I right click on the control, "assign macro" is not one of my available choices. I can see no way to make the object perform the macro task. What am I missing here? Thanks Jon, Control toolbox buttons are event driven, so go into design mode (the triangle on the control toolbar) and double-click the button. You will then be presented with a skeletal procedure where you can add you...

macro loop #2
I am trying to write a macro that, after starting at a given reference point, loops to do the following action for several hundred lines in Excel: -Moves left a constant number of columns -Highlights and copies 10 horizontally adjacent cells -Jumps to another tab -Pastes the copied values into a given range of cells on the new tab -Moves to a given cell on the new tab then copies the value from that given cell -Moves back to the initial tab -Pastes the copied value into a given cell on the initial tab The loop should then tell the sheet to move down one row and repeat the procedure (mo...