Macroless way to post dates in another cell

OK... So here's what I am trying to accomplish
Should be simple but every time I try it I get an error... so I giv
in.

I need to get it set up so that when I enter any sort of value in cel
E4 the date is automatically posted in cell I2.

So simple yet beyond my comprehension

right click on the sheet tab>view code>insert this
If Target.Address = "$E$4" Then range("e12")=date
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"HoundofCullin" <HoundofCullin.yi2ga@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> OK... So here's what I am trying to accomplish
> Should be simple but every time I try it I get an error... so I give
> in.
>

> I need to get it set up so that when I enter any sort of value in cell
> E4 the date is automatically posted in cell I2.
>

> So simple yet beyond my comprehension.
>

> ---

Don
12/15/2003 11:18:23 PM
Don

doesn't that constitute a macro ?  Can't see another way but maybe not what
the OP wanted.

Regards

Trevor

"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> right click on the sheet tab>view code>insert this
> Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
> If Target.Address = "$E$4" Then range("e12")=date
> End Sub
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "HoundofCullin" <HoundofCullin.yi2ga@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message
> > OK... So here's what I am trying to accomplish
> > Should be simple but every time I try it I get an error... so I give
> > in.
> >

> > I need to get it set up so that when I enter any sort of value in cell
> > E4 the date is automatically posted in cell I2.
> >

> > So simple yet beyond my comprehension.
> >

> > ---
> > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
Trevor9259 (673)
12/15/2003 11:30:37 PM
OP said
 "so I give in."
so I gave it to him

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Trevor Shuttleworth" <Trevor@Shucks.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Don
>
> doesn't that constitute a macro ?  Can't see another way but maybe not
what
> the OP wanted.
>
> Regards
>
> Trevor
>

> "Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> > right click on the sheet tab>view code>insert this
> > Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
> > If Target.Address = "$E$4" Then range("e12")=date
> > End Sub
> >
> > --
> > Don Guillett
> > SalesAid Software
> > donaldb@281.com
> > "HoundofCullin" <HoundofCullin.yi2ga@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
> message
> > > OK... So here's what I am trying to accomplish
> > > Should be simple but every time I try it I get an error... so I give
> > > in.
> > >

> > > I need to get it set up so that when I enter any sort of value in cell
> > > E4 the date is automatically posted in cell I2.
> > >

> > > So simple yet beyond my comprehension.
> > >

> > > ---
> > > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
Don
12/16/2003 1:33:46 AM
One way

first turn on iteration under tools>options>calculation (check the box),
in I2 put this formula

=IF(E4="","",IF(I2="",TODAY(),I2))

note that if you want to keep entering values in E4 it will stay fixed
unless you first delete
what's in E4, then enter a new value again, then it will update

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"HoundofCullin" <HoundofCullin.yi2ga@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> OK... So here's what I am trying to accomplish
> Should be simple but every time I try it I get an error... so I give
> in.
>

> I need to get it set up so that when I enter any sort of value in cell
> E4 the date is automatically posted in cell I2.
>

> So simple yet beyond my comprehension.
>

> ---

terre081 (3244)

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

Date display in Excel

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Automatic changes in cells

date function #3

how can I do a lookup into another sheet?
how can I do a lookup into another sheet? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try something like =VLOOKUP(123,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,FALSE) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "melawaisi" <melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > how can I do a lookup into another sheet? > thanks > > > ------...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

Textbox fomatting value based on another textbox
I have two text boxes on a form. One is a value that can be changed by the user. The second is the value 1 - textbox1. I need everthing to be in %. For example, in textbox1 the user could type 75 and it would automatically be recognized as 75% and textbox2's value would calculate to be 25%. Everytime I try textbox1's value is = to say 7500%. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Job Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Dim TB1Val As Double With Me.TextBox1 If IsNumeric(.Value) Then TB1Va...

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...