Macro warning message

Anyone else had this problem.

We installed Excel97 on an NT Server.We then installed Excel2000 over it,
and set the macros security setting to low. We re using NetOp to connect to
that server, and when we open an Excel workbook with macros, no problems.
However, if the screensaver kicks in, and a workbook is opened by a
scheduled job, we get a dialog box regarding the macros. If we are
connected, we can respond, but as we run 300 Excel queries, and as we won't
be connected to the server most of the time, this is a problem.

Anyone else experienced it, and know the solution?

Bob

0
bob.phillips (411)

track message
is there a way to track message if the email has been opened? what do we need to turn on or enable on the exchange server to get it to work? will this alway work for outside email? thanx in advance. You can't track the "state" of a message, i.e. whether or not it has been opened - at least not reliably. You can enable a Read receipt for the message, but read receipts are disliked by many, and Outlook 2003 allows a user to not send a read receipt even if requested. Read receipts are set in the Outlook client on the message options. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP Message...

Reminider messages
I recently had to recover my .pst file due to it exceeding the 2gig limit. With the new .pst file that was created every email in my inbox get assigned automatically a reminder. Everytime I open Outlook I get a million reminder pop ups for every email in my inbox. Does anyone know how to stop this or do I have to build another .pst file. ...

Error Message in Publisher
I sent an emailnewsletter in Publisher. I included many addresses in the BCC field. Two of the addresses were not valid, and I received a message "Message Not Sent because so and so email address not valid." Did Outlook send the message to the other people in the BCC field, or did it send the message to no one at all? Also, I tried to send the emailnewsletter again. I had deleted all of the addresses from the BCC field, and just used the TO field. Still, I got the same error message that the message could not be sent due to the invalid emails (which I had already erased from ...

multiple inbound messages
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2k Std and have the following problem. The same email message is received many times. These external problem emails all come from one company. They have two senders and we have two recipients for this problem. Their email provider claims that exchange is defering the message, but accepting it at the same time. Hence the multiple copies. This issue is only with one external company. How can I confirm the deferal claim (and find a solution)? I have enabled SMTP logging. I also have max logging for Connection Manager and Queueing Engine in MsExchangeTr...

Can not receive message
I use Ourlook express for a long time. Recently I can not receive eamil, there is no any error message pop-up. There is no any problem for sending message. Can sombody help me? Thanks in advance Sam Joyce Ruixin Chang wrote: > I use Ourlook express for a long time. Recently I can not receive > eamil, there is no any error message pop-up. > > There is no any problem for sending message. > > Can sombody help me? > > Thanks in advance > > Sam This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For ...

Saving a Macro Button on the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel
In Excel if a macro button is added to the Quick Access Toolbar it doesn't always appear when someone else opens up the workbook. In 2003 there was an "Attach" option so a toolbar could be saved with a workbook. Is there an equivalent for the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel 2007? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "joedapops" <joedapops@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927C1026-57C4-46A4-A4D4-C43C7A4A85D7@microsoft.com... > In Excel if a macro button is add...

Selecting several messages
When I used OE I used to be able to select several messages at a time in order to file them. By holding down the Ctrl button I could check the content of each message as I clicked it. I cannot do this with Outlook as it will only allow the first message clicked to be viewed. Is this correct or is there a way around this? -- Valerie Valerie <Valerie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I used OE I used to be able to select several messages at a time > in order to file them. By holding down the Ctrl button I could check > the content of each message as I clicked it....

Error message when copying sheets
Hi, On some documents (not all spreadsheets), I get an error message when I try to copy a sheet. I get a dialogue box that says: "A formula or sheet you want to copy contains the name 'a1', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To choose the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes. - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box." I can then click yes or No. If I click Yes, I get the same dialogue box for the name &...

how do i get the name of a newly added sheet that i add with Sheets.Add in a vba macro in excel?
how do i get the name of a newly added sheet that i add with Sheets.Add in a vba macro in excel? Hi Daniel, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm variable = ActiveSheet.Name 'Rename current Sheet ActiveSheet.Name = "Renamed14a" ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Range("a1"), "yyyymmdd") ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Range("a1"), "yyyy_mmdd_hhmm")Also see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm...

Error message #104
When I try to open Outlook 2007 I get the following error message: "Cannot open your default email folders. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service MSNCON.DLL. Be sure service is correctly installed and configured". I haven't a clue as to how install and configure MSNCON.DLL. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C867CD.37FC5720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Make sure that you don't have two versions of OUTLOOK installed. ...

Macros in excel 2000 #3
I have a macro which i need to use on different spreadsheets where the data is of various lengths. I need to get the macro to go to one cell below the last active cell in a column. I have made the macro work for the first sheet where there are 1101 rows. This is what the part of the macro looks like, i need the cell values replaced with the code to go to the last active cell in row I and J and then move down one- Range("I1102").Value = "Over Two Days" Range("I1103").Value = "Under Two Days" Range("J1102").FormulaR1C1 = "=COUNTIF(R...

Message Read Reciept Question
Recently someone sent me an e-mail with a read receipt type characteristic. When the system attempted to respond, apparently there is a character flaw in the return address and it can't return it. As such, everytime I send or receive messages, I get an error indicating this one can't be sent. It's annoying !! How do I get rid of this ? I've deleted the original message - but it still does not work. ...

System-defined messages
Dear All, Where can I get the definition of System- defined messages? Thanks, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but ... http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5814770t.aspx Tom "Yuchun Xu" <breezexuyc@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:exP$9dDhGHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > Where can I get the definition of System- > defined messages? > Thanks, > > > You can start at http://msdn.microsoft.com and look for the message you have questions about. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softci...

Error Message in Money2002
Since yesterday whenever I start Microsoft Money, I get an error message saying that there is no disk in the drive and I have an option to continue or cancel. While I am still able to access my money file and enter transactions this message pops up every time I change a screen. What should I do? Solomon solman1@comcast.net ...

Intelligent Message Filter Filters outgoin mail
I have Exchange 2003 SP2 installed. Whe have to send some mails out in a very spec. Form. When we send those e-mails our own exchange server filters them out with a level 7 . Is it possible to configgure message filtering so it DONT filters our outgoing mail? ...

Find duplicate, save in a list, delete duplicate using macro
Hello. I need to find a duplicate from ID col and if found, it needs to look at the data in the associated row to compare if it is truly a duplicate. And if it is (same Product and Acct #), the true duplicate will be the one with later date. Then the duplicate that has the later date record will store this info in a separate worksheet or area and then delete the dupicate from the orginal list. Can this be done by using macro? Thank you for your help in advance. For Example: ID Date Product Acct # 1150 7/24/2009 102 53 888 12/30/2009 Gas 50 1150 11/4/2009 102 53 5524...

help w/deleting rows if 2 conditions & calling macro from other bo
hi, i found the code below and it works when i'm in the same workbook but how do i modify it so that i call from book 1 and it works on book 2. i also need to add a second condition .... any ideas?? what i want to do is delete all rows that DON'T have "Attendance" in column G and aferwards delete all rows that are "blank" in column J the macro will be called from the master.xls BUT will work on another file called raw.xls Sub stantial() Dim myrange, MyRange1 As Range lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set myrange = Sheets(...

Run Macro If Cell value = "Other"
Alright, I have a very simple macro at the moment that unhides a column and adjusts the print area to suit. What I need is a maco that will run this macro if the cell F4 = "Other" from a drop down menu. Seems painfully simple I just can't find where it is. Cheers If Range("F4").Value = "Other" Then Call yourMacro End If -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) <bobbly_bob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1163993734.539069.261810@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Alright, I have a ...

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Add a sent contact record gives duplicate contact warning
If someone emails me a contact when I right click over the card and Add To Contact, the contact record opens - I add a category and when I go to save it it comes up with a Duplicate record warning even though the record is not in my contact folder. If I receive a card with an amendment for someone in my contacts folder the Duplicate record window opens showing 2 records in the top pane for me to select which one to save. I am baffled -- Many thanks Carol ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most v...

Error
I am using Outlook 2000 on a Windows 98 machine. For the last several days, I have been getting the following error when I try to reply to a message, forward a message, or create a new message: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor." I am able to successfully receive messages and create calendar appointments. I have done everything I can think of to try to fix this problem, but still get the error when I reopen Outlook. Here is what I've tried: 1) Rebooting 2) Reinstalling Micros...

Macros for moving data to Access from Excel
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me... I need to create a macro or VB script that selects certain rows from a range of rows in Excel (if not empty), and then Creates a new entry in Access, and pastes data in line by line, until all the data is copied. I receive several of these worksheets a week, so I need to be sure the script copies to the end of the DB every time, and doesn't override any previously entered data. Thanks! On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:08:02 -0800, ktoth04 <ktoth04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me... I nee...

Outlook opening error messages
Can't open Outlook - error message says 'cannot start processing' Microsoft can't or won't provide support. Any suggestions Yes, post your version!!! --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | Can't open Outlook - error message says 'cannot start | processing' Microsoft can't or w...

Multipart messages
Is it possible to send multipart messages from out look i am looking to send both html and text email in one file from out look ...

HTML message arrives as attachment
A client of mine has an Outlook 2007 client running on a Win XP SP2 machine using Exchange 2003 on a SBS 2003 server. He receives e-mails from a mailing list that are being sent out in HTML format. When he receives these e-mails in Outlook, they display as empty messages with an .HTM attachment. For example, if the original e-mail subject was "Here's your info", then the new e-mail arrives as at attachment named "Here's your info.HTM" - there's nothing else in the e-mail. Because of this, he has to first open the message, then open the attachment to see ...