Macro warning message

Anyone else had this problem.

We installed Excel97 on an NT Server.We then installed Excel2000 over it,
and set the macros security setting to low. We re using NetOp to connect to
that server, and when we open an Excel workbook with macros, no problems.
However, if the screensaver kicks in, and a workbook is opened by a
scheduled job, we get a dialog box regarding the macros. If we are
connected, we can respond, but as we run 300 Excel queries, and as we won't
be connected to the server most of the time, this is a problem.

Anyone else experienced it, and know the solution?

Bob

0
bob.phillips (411)

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

CDO eMail messages not working from FoxPro since installing KB8929
We installed the Exchange 2000 Update (KB892986) and since then our code that creates CDO eMails errors out with the following message: "OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from CDO.Message.1: The transport lost its connection to the server." We are planning to reverse thes updates over the weekend. Does anyone know a better way around this? ...

attachments in inbound messages do not decode #2
I have a problem with an exchange 5.5 server (on NT 4 box). All of a sudden message attachments from a specific outside domain do not decode. See below the attachment just shows up has junk. How do you fix this? Other interesting thing if I forward (either internal or external) the message to anyone the attachment works fine. I have searched but haven't found any pertinent ports. Paul ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > -----Original Message----- > From: Nolan, Pati > Sent: Friday, November 11...

Messages stuck in Queue with status Active and eventually fail.
I have an exchange 2000 server with SP3. The scenario is this; Everything has been functioning great except emailing to AOL, so I setup a smart host to use our ISP's smtp server. Well, they are getting flagged as open relay and the mail is rejected. So I had them setup a reverse dns lookup for our IP so I could send mail directly. I found a site that allows me to check RBL's and we came up good on about 25 of them, so we aren't black listed. Now we can email aol users without any problems, but all of a sudden, I can't get the server to deliver mail to other exchang...

Message Stuck in Outbox to Only One Particular Email Address
Hi: I have Outlook 2007 and have been using it for about 2 months or so. I have encountered a problem with sending emails. I have sent emails to a particular email address (WinTips-Tricks@yahoogroups.com ) and the emails get stuck in the outbox. The CPU usage is very high (about 76%) and the taskbar icon flashes furiously. If I look in the outbox, the email is also doing a staccato flash. At the bottom of Outlook the send says complete, yet the flashing taskbar icon, and flashing email in the outbox remain. After awhile (about 2-3 minutes) this stops, but the email remains in the outbox....

All office apps close without warning
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hello, I just bought Office 2008 for Mac, and although I love this new version, every application (Word, Excel, etc) close on me (due to an unexpected error) constantly while I'm trying to use them. It results in a loss of data, and has become extremely frustrating for me, since I rely on these apps. I got the newest update to work (12.1.17), but it does NOT clear up the problem. I bought the student license for Office 2008 at my university bookstore, so it is a one-time installation (re-installation is not an option)...

Help: message "Requesting data from Exchange Server"
Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange 2000. Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? "Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone figure out why we receive the pop-up >message "Requesting data from Exchange Server" when we >try to open an email in outlook? We are using Exchange >2000. > >Is there a parameter we can change to fix this issue? Depends to a greater or lesser extent ...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

excel macro on startup from DOS
After I start excel from a DOS .BAT script I want a macro to then be automatically executed. (To do this with MS Word you just put /Mmacroname after the path name of the executable, but this does not seem to work) Excel doesn't support macro execution from the command line. As an alternative, you can name the macro Auto_Open and this will execute when the workbook is opened. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "roblit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02AFEE4E-6686-4434-A41D-1...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

Outlook message bodies Blank
When I open my email in outlook the body is empty. I seem to remember somethig about my AVG doing something. Any Ideas how to fix this? Thanks Disable the email scanning feature in your anti-virus software. (For example, in AVG, uncheck certify under the email scanning settings.) You'll still be protected by its other features and by Outlook's own security, and new messages shouldn't lose their bodies. Messages you've already received, though, can't be repaired. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://w...

'Signature for new messages' which won't work
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 and if I go to Tools>Options>Mail Format I see I can choose a signature for new messages. I have 3 e-mail accounts set up, and have set a new message signature for each one, e.g.: 1) Home > Sig 1 (default) 2) Work > Sig 2 3) Play > Sig 3 However when I try to create a new e-mail message, it seems impossible to automatically start a new e-mail using my Work or Play accounts, and therefore have the signature automatically entered. So what is the point of this feature if there is no way to use it? I'm sure I'm missing so...

Not able to view activities
Hi, I have a MS CRM 3.0 VPC running. I have allocated 1GB memory as recommended. However, whenever I try opening Activities(any entity for that matter), it is throwing an error dialog "An error has occured. For more information, contact you system administrator." I checked the event viewer, but there is no information about any error/exception. I searched for the CRM log, but couldn't locate it. Pls help me fix this issue. Thanks and Regards, Mahalax. ...

Visual Basic Macros, relative position
Dear Experts, I am making a report, and I have a set of data, in a very looong row: MKT_VAL NET_ASSETS TOT_ASSETS 46 51 51 6233 6228 6228 Over 100 fields. I need this data to be changed to run down a column. MKT_VAL 46 6233 NET_ASSETS 51 6228 TOT_ASSETS 51 6228 I tried to make a macro to do this. It would be run after I copied and pasted the three column cells into another area. Sub ShiftNullData() ' ' ShiftNullData Macro ' Macro recorded 11/14/2006 by Rodger Lepinsky ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' Range("A18").S...

How do you edit HTML source in a new outlook email message?
Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a place to edit source for a new message. This is probably a really easy thing to do, I just can't find out where the "edit source" option is, and the help files don't seem to be any help. Thanks, Justin The feature doesn't exist in Microsoft Outlook. "justinvanderpol" <justinvanderpol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ADC71DF-40BC-4656-98A8-A473EB40E837@microsoft.com... > Trying to create a new email message by inserting HTML. I don't see a > place ...

OE Can Compact Messages!
Hi, I repeatedly get the often complained about message from OE; "To free up disk space Outlook Express can compact messages...........". I've read the answers to other posters re this nuisance and have dealt with all "The Usual Suspects". In fact that has been my practice for a long time without ever encountering this problem. It has surfaced only recently with no changes in the PC of which I'm aware. The crowning insult occurred today immediately after I had just completed a total manual compacting. A solution would be greatly appreciated. T...

Can't open up Outlook messages
The Microsoft Outlook screen will appear. When I click on the messages they will not open up. I get a message that Outlook Not Responding. Not sure if a connection problem (Using Road Runner), a server problem or a computer problem. Any advice will be appreciated. I have Windows XP Home Edition installed. Thanks. ...

Outlook leaving messages in outbox
My machine just started leaving my outgoing message in my outbox. Even though I reopen the message from the outbox, it doesn't go out (most of the time). Every now and then it will. It seems to read messages fine. I know the outbound smtp server is working as I can bring up Eudora and it works perfectly. Someone else at work here has a similar problem. Sometimes 3 or 4 messages will stay in his outbox and as soon as he hits the outbox in the folder list, they take off. What could be causing the problem? We have exchange at work - where the other persons machine is - and I am ...

Message -- Worksheet xls. is locked for editing. What is this?
I cannot view or change the data in my worksheet because I am getting this message. Why, and how do I unlock it? Thanks for your help. gman gman Has someone else got the file open? If not........... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still open and locked for editing. You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up. If not, after a re-boot, clear out your Windows\Temp folder. If using WinXP ...

Macro Message Box
Hi, I am trying to build a macro for a histogram. When the macro is complete, I am asked "Histogram - Some data will be hidden by embedded chart(s)." I can click OK or cancel. How can I build my OK response into the macro so that I do not need to manually respond? Thank you for reviewing my question. Remove the MsgBox from the macro if it is unnecessary. -- HTH Bob "lahuwm" <lahuwm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD9273F-E393-4573-A3F5-BEEB344D21B0@microsoft.com... > Hi, I am trying to build a macro for a histogram. When...

Message Deklivery Failure NDR
Hey all, I am having an issue with one of my users mailbox, that is returning a NDR message when someone sends him a email. The user DOES recieve the emails but the NDR that comes back is saying that the message delivery failed due to the recipients email box is full. However the NDR message displays the recipient as a group not the actual users account??? The group that is displayed he is a member of so I removed him from the group and I am still getting the same message when I send him an email. No other users are having this problem, even the ones in the same group. I also had him shut dow...

Error message. I can receive but not send on outlook 2007
I have just installed office 2007 Professional onto Windows Vista. I am having problems with Outlook. At first i could not send or receive without getting the error 'This operation failed. An object cannot be found'. I deleted one (of two) personal folder links in the data files section of account settings and i'm now able to receive messages. However i still can't send emails. The send/receive reports that the connection is fine however when i draft a new email and press send, the error message 'This operation failed. An object cannot be found'. Please adv...

Help with macro #4
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Each contains a column of part numbers with associated data. What I want to do is look at a part number in the second sheet and bring over some of the data for that part number from the first sheet. I know I can't use Vlookup across 2 sheets, and in any case I don't want to re-sort the data as required by vlookup. (its in date order, not part number order) I'm guessing this can only be done with a macro. Can anyone help? Thanks. Hi! >I know I can't use Vlookup across 2 sheets, and in any case I don't want to >re-sort the d...

Error message when starting Vista during black screen section
As Vista comes up I get a message -1st delete program not found skipping auto check Doesn't seem to bother anything, just want to find out if their is something I can do to identify and fix the problem. Thanks, Bob -- The Dog Breeders List www.dogbreederslist.com 704-965-8622 I believe that the message was Isdelete program not found. See: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/583755-solved-solved-lsdelete-program-not.html "The Dog Breeders List" <rltutt@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3B8E5F93-9808-4C16-85D4-AE977DC03C1F@microsoft.com... ...