Macro to shorten a list

Has anyone got a macro that will find duplicate values/names on a sheet and
copy just one of those values onto a seperate sheet within the same workbook.
0
jgb (10)

Mark your range of data
Data>Filter>Advanced Filter> select  Unique values  and Copy to Another
location  and make Copy to  Sheet2!A1
Switch on the macro recorder as you carry out this task then invoke the
macro each time you wish to use.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"JGB" <JGB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone got a macro that will find duplicate values/names on a sheet
> and
> copy just one of those values onto a seperate sheet within the same
> workbook.

0
roger5293 (1125)
8/2/2005 10:49:20 AM
Thanks Roger it works a treat

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Mark your range of data
> Data>Filter>Advanced Filter> select  Unique values  and Copy to Another
> location  and make Copy to  Sheet2!A1
> Switch on the macro recorder as you carry out this task then invoke the
> macro each time you wish to use.
> --
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> "JGB" <JGB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone got a macro that will find duplicate values/names on a sheet
> > and
> > copy just one of those values onto a seperate sheet within the same
> > workbook.

0
jgb (10)

Excel macro #5
I have recorded a macro that formats a cell, I am unable to stop recording the macro with the focus on the same cell. Hitting return I can then stop recording but get a range statement at the end of the macro. This is what I have for the macro: With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 39 .Pattern = xlSolid .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic End With ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "^" Range("H27").Select This causes the macro to end o up on the H27 cel after every time the macro is run. Is there any way to keep the focus on the active cell I ...

Need macro help to close excel

Modifying Look up list in enterprise fields
If Look up values of enterprise fields are updated, will the updated table / list be available to all existing projects as well, or only to new projects. Thx Rajanish Hi Raj, New fields are available for all projects. -- Thanks, Ben. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Raj" wrote: > If Look up values of enterprise fields are updated, will the updated table / > list be available to all existing projects as well, or only to new projects. > > Thx > Rajanish Ben, Thanks for your quick reply. ...

Macro Help #4
Hi I am trying to write a Macro that opens another workbook (test.csv) and copies the data from and places into the workbook with the macro (testenabled.xmls) which will run on a scheduled task. I keep running into this error run time error '9' subscript out of range Here is the code - I would really appreciate some help. Sub test() ' ' test Macro ' ' ChDir "C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop" Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop\test.csv" Range("A1:B5").Select Selection.Copy Windows("Book1"...

New users not showing in global address list
We have a new network installed with an Exchange Server 2003 installed at head office and three Server 2003 geographic sites. When we create a new user at Head Office, the user can log on at the remote site but their email address does not appear in the global address list. It seems that all the users we created on Day 1 appear in the Global Address List but any new additions don't. To my thinking, Active Directory is being replicated across the sites because the users can Log In and get authenticated at the other sites. What am I missing regarding the "update" of the Gl...

listing in excel
I have a list of clients on one sheet and would like to do a 'list' to select from on another sheet. ie list of clients on sheet 'CLIENTS' and I'm in a sheet 'BILLING' I would like to right click and select from the list of clients. Can this be done? or how can I do this? the clients lists is constantly updated. I don't have MS Acess. help? Thank you, Howard Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Howard T. wrote: > I have a list of clients on one sheet and would like to do a 'list' to...

double-clicking a list entry
Whenever I double-click an entry in a list, my cursor jumps to the last entry in the list. Is there any way to prevent this? It's annoying! (I'm double clicking so that I can edit the entry. I know I can get around it by editing in the formula bar, but I prefer to do it in the cell instead) Sally, If you double-click the bottom boarder of the cell, it jumps to the last cell. If you double-click inside the cell, it opens the cell for editing. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Sally Sibthorpe" <SallySibthorpe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Getting started with Macros
Can someone provide a good web site that details how to use macros. I have never used them and I have no idea where to start. Thanks, Ant Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ant wrote: > Can someone provide a good web site that details how to use macros. > I have never used them and I have no idea where to start. > > Thanks, > Ant "Ant" <Ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B8ADCB9-4F0A-451F-A1F7-0392112AF5AB@microsoft.com... > Can someone provide a good web site tha...

Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue
Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a permission for a person or group. If the user is a member of a security group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be denied access to free/busy to the calendar. We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user listed/granted specific access to the u...

How do I wrap text in the subject column in the list of tasks
i seeing the list of taks in using the menu "Tasks" in outlook. However I am unable to wrap the text under the subject column that I miss the words. Even when printed in landscape the words are truncated. So how do i wrap the text in the view and print out, so that I can see all the text. You can't, you can either remove and/or resize some columns or select the entire list and paste it into Excel and modify it from there. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads,...

limit validation list to prevent dups
I am using a validation list and need to restrict it so that for each column in a worksheet, the items in the list may only be used once. The validation list is used for 14 columns but these columns are used to create a list in another worksheet and I need to ensure that the same value is not used twice in any given column. Hi Sonya, Try the following link from Mr. Excel : http://www.mrexcel.com/tip008.shtml Step by step instructions and it's very useful ! Cheers, Kevin Lehrbass kevin@spreadsheetsolutions4u.com www.spreadsheetsolutions4u.com "Sonya" wrote: > I am u...

help on macro for making chart
Hi, i want to make a plot using macro where I want my x-axis to be the value from the same column but random rows for example R18C3,R19C3,R21C3,R23C3,R25C3,R27C3 ( only rows are changing) and my Y-axis should also be something like this R18C5,R19C5,R21C5,R23C5,R25C5,R27C5 ( only rows are changing) For one plot It is working but i do not know how i can plot for other columns... the code looks like this Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 3/30/2007 by Roger ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+m ' Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterLines ...

Macro problem
Hi, I have a spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf scores. The spreadsheet uses a macro for copying the scores to a database sheet and to a statistics sheet. When running this macro the process fails on the statistics sheet. It involves copying 2 matrices from the scorecard sheet to the statistics sheet. If I uninstall the security updates for Excel 2007 in Windows 7 the spreadsheet works like a charm. I usually just removes all excel updates and unchecks updates for excel in Windows Update. However, now I have this update, that keeps installing itself after a reboot (KB982308). I ...

Global Address list #2
My company has recently been split into two comapanies, as a result I have setup a new Excahnge org, however I need to populate my new exchange server with the global adress list for the old exchange org . Is there a way to export the global address list and import into the new org.. Thanks -Darren This article should help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=155414 "Darren" <Darren@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eRj2WlbwDHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My company has recently been split into two comapanies, as a result I have > setup a new Exca...

Single e-mail from list serve delivered to multiple mailboxes
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to take a single e-mail from a outside mailing list and have it delivered to more than one mailbox without using rules? Thanks in advance, Harry Harry Zahlis wrote: > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to take a single e-mail from a outside > mailing list and have it delivered to more than one mailbox without > using rules? > > Thanks in advance, > > Harry Sure, subscribe to the list using an address assigned to a distribution list/group that has the required mailboxes as members. Lanwench - Your suggestion got me to the right place. ...

Manager To Do List
My HR department would like each manager to see a notice on their Portal "To Do list" when an Employee is coming up for review (anniversary of Hire Date?). Can someone point me in the right direction for creating and setting this up? BP 2.7/GP 8.0 sp4a ------=_NextPart_0001_37AC1F26 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi David This is Terry and I will be able to assist you today. The To Do List in Business Portal is used for managers to approve items from our workflow. For example, an employee submits a time card, it goes to the Manager To Do List to ap...

how to get rid of incorrect email address in list of choices
I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown when creating a new email. "Sal Kay" <Sal Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A48BCAAE-8AAC-4958-8D1B-6473B031650C@microsoft.com... > I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown > when > creating a new email. select it using the arrow keys and delete... .....or if you happen to be using Outlook 2010, click the black "X" next to the address you want to delete on the list. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr &am...

font macro
How can I print all the fonts I have on my computer in Word. I have Word 2007 and a PC. I used to be able to do it with a macro in prior versions. Is there a way to do it now? Thanks Sue The macro at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FontSampleGenerator.htm works in Word 2007 with no problems. Probably most others will, too. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. antssistr wrote: > How can I print all the fonts I have on my...

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Help needed with macro to rename worksheets in workbook.
I have a workbook that contains 29 sheets. I want to rename sheets 3 to 27, with names from specified cells on sheet 29. The names will be made from the concatenation of the contents of 2 cells on sheet 1. I got a macro from this NG some time ago that used to do the job, but the workbook has changed substantially since then with new sheets having been added and others deleted. When I list the Macros I have 2; Sheet35.fid and Sheet35.listsheets. These are both the same as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Row < 3 Or Target.Column <...

Listing VBA Module-Subroutine titles
Does anyone know how I might be able to generate a report in Excel (2000) which maps the module numbers for my macros to their assigned subroutine titles? I'd like to have such a mapping for reference so that I might easily edit macros by going straight to the module I want. Alternatively, is there anyway I can see my macros with the titles I have assigned them rather than the module number in the VBA explorer pane? Thanks! ...

Excel macro to specify rows and columns to include in printouts
Is there an Excel macro that simulates the effect of specifying the rows and columns to repeat in a printout? I am looking for something that simulates the following operations: 1) Page Setup->Sheet [Tab]->Rows to repeat at Top Highlight the rows 2) Page Setup->Sheet [Tab]->Columns to repeat at Left Highlight the columns Thanks, Gus Try something like With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "$1:$1" .PrintTitleColumns = "$A:$A" End With -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Softw...

Add fields to Activities list
Hi, Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? Michael Nope, there is no supported way to customize activities. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities >lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list >of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does >not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? > ...

Event 9327
I have just installed two new Exchange 2003 servers in Mixed mode with two old Exchange 5.5 boxes. I'm having two problems that I think are related. I have a user who gets the following message in his Inbox: 13:34:36 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 13:34:37 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Kuyper, Steve (ESC)' 13:34:37 Done 13:34:37 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 13:34:37 0X8004010F On my server, I get the following: Event ID: 9327 Description: OALGen skipped some entries in the offline address list '\Global Address List'. To see which entries are affected, event lo...

CRM 3.0 and Price List Upgrading
Hi, Does anyone know if CRM 3.0 will have a mechanism to update large price lists and/or multiple price lists? We have CRM 1.2 and have 4 price lists, each having about 1200 items. We have an upcoming price list change - happens each quarter, and to do them manually takes days. I hope Microsoft has incorporated something like this into 3.0. Any info would be helpful. Thanks! Shauna ...