Macro to find a row and delete it and the 9 rows above it. #2

Thanks alot that did the trick.

This forum and you guys are life saver

--
Rusty_n
Rusty_nl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=671

export report to Excel results in 2 rows of column headers
Here's my issue. I have to export data to excel for uploading to a vendor's system. The vendor required that several of the columns have IDENTICAL headings (don't ask - i know that is stupid), and one of the column headings has to contain a % symbol at the end (also stupid). I can't do this with exporting a query, so I tried using a report. If I make text boxes for the desired duplicate column headings, it works just fine. The problem is that on row 2 of the exported data, the actual column headings from the query are also exported. Can this be avoided? Sample...

Trial Version #2
I had Money 2002, which worked fine for years. Then I downloaded the trial version of Money 2004. It seemed to be debugged so then I bought the upgrade license for 2004. All seemed fine...for a while. Last night, after entering some transactions in my account register for stock I just sold, I could not open "My Portfolio". Selecting the icon just produces the standard submit error message (using WindowsXP Pro), Microsoft XP detected a problem...blah, blah, blah, with the Submit or Cancel buttons at the bottom. Ok...so I am smart enough to know when a program might ne...

Delete records from DB
Hi, When a record is deleted from application, as i notice, it's still existed on DB with deletion code = 2. Since i deleted quite a lot of data from lead and opportunity based on user's request, can i just delete all garbages from my db which has deletion code as 2 using query analyzer tools?? Carrie CRM has a deletion service that will come through eventually and delete the records. Make sure the service is running on the CRM server. Microsoft CRM Deletion Service Don't manually delete the records. The service will also clean up all the descendent records (ie....

Windows Live Mail "Delete and block" Feature Seems Broken
Please see the discussion at cnet linked below. I'm having exactly the same problem using WLM (wave 3). At the moment addresses have to be added manually to the safe and blocked lists, which is slow and tedious. Help with this will be appreciated. http://forums.cnet.com/5208-19169_102-0.html?threadID=367702 "Victek" <Victek@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:euApMycILHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Please see the discussion at cnet linked below. I'm having exactly the > same problem using WLM (wave 3). At the moment addresses have...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

2.0 upgrade... protocol
Hi- I just got 2.0 upgrade- I was wondering how the best way to upgrade (1.3 x). Any thing special on this? Thanks Brent I don't know if my experience will completely help because I upgrade our 1.2 versions to 2.0 just prior to delpoying the registers. So, we had a complete database but no transactions or sales. However, in our case the upgrade was very straightforward. The 2.0 install detected the necessary upgrades and replaced the RMS components. It also installed DotNet Framework version 2.0 and SQL Server Express 2005. I had no issues with any of this when I did it. The o...

row and col ref are all num how can I get it back to letters?
in excel 2007 my column and row references are all numbers all of a sudden. How can I get the column references back to letters? To turn R1C1 referencing on or off in Excel 2007: 1. Click the Office Button. 2. Click Excel Options. 3. Switch to the Formulas tab. 4. Click the R1C1 reference style check box. A filled box will enable R1C1, a cleared box will disable it. 5. Click OK. "Julio" wrote: > in excel 2007 my column and row references are all numbers all of a sudden. > How can I get the column references back to letters? ...

Want to Update the Outlook Calender on another machine. #2
Hi, Can anyone help me.I want to update my co-worker Outlook Calender without sharing the NetFolder.Here is the scenario.I have an issue where I have to update the Outlook Calender on another machine all are in LAN connections only.Each User has his own ID with respect to his ID I want to update the Outlook Calender.Can anyone help me please with regards to this.Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sameer ...

fund info for different accounts #2
After going through the FAQ's at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ it stuck me: I have two accounts A and B which have some common funds (a,b,c) but the funds have different values because of the type of accounts. In money, to properly value my investment account, I think I'll have to add Ab, Ab, Ac, Ba, Bb, Bc and their corresponding values, right? ...

2 OS
I have Windows 2000 and Windows XP installed on my system! Now I will share the Outlook.pst-file, so I can access it on both OS! I have on both OS's Office 2003 installed, what do I have to do on the second system that I can open the Outlook.pst of the first OS? Thanks Sven Rutten <sven_rutten@freesurf.ch> wrote: > I have Windows 2000 and Windows XP installed on my system! > Now I will share the Outlook.pst-file, so I can access it on both OS! > > I have on both OS's Office 2003 installed, what do I have to do on the > second system that I can open the Outlook....

'Hard deleted' folder
Hi, I use Outlook 2003, not connected to Exchange on XP SP2. I have mistakenly 'hard deleted' a folder (with subfolders) containing a lot of important emails. Luckily I backed up my 'outlook.pst' file just yesterday. Unluckily I didn't know that as Outlook was open at the time, this was a worthless excercise (or so it seems). When I try and use this backup as an additional data file, Outlook doesn't recognise it as a personal folders file. I've tried the Inbox Repair Tool, but it says that its not a working outlook.pst and no info can be recovered. Is th...

Offline defrag needed after deleting 250 old users?
Is an offline defrag of our Exchange 2003 DB needed are deleting 250 old users/mailboxes? Thanks How much data was deleted? What portion of the total is this? Nue "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B5087DE-CABB-47FB-9D2F-A6DEC467A2C7@microsoft.com... > Is an offline defrag of our Exchange 2003 DB needed are deleting 250 old > users/mailboxes? > > Thanks > > On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 04:39:27 -0800, SW <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is an offline defrag of our Exchange 2003 DB needed are deleting 250 old >users/...

I DELETED a HUGE public folder-how do I recover it??
I deleted a HUGE public folder at my company and I can not find it. It has not shown up in my deleted items, and i can NOT believe it would have permanently vanished forever. What do I do? This could be pretty disasterous. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ Unless it is on your exchange server, or you regularly back up your public folders, it has been *permanently* deleted. There are some recovery services that charge large amounts of money and cla...

Macros Disabled by 2010 Shared Workbook
Hi there. I have a shared work book which contains VBA. We have always run it in 2003. Recently, we leapfrogged 2007 and went to 2010. It seems that in shared mode, the VBA is disabled. When I remove shared mode, the VBA comes alive again. Is there a setting to correct this behaviour or is this simply the reality in Office 2010? Thanks in advance, Darren ...

Subtotals #2
Hey all, I need your help to complete a project of mine. I am making project using Macros. I have least knowledge of VB Script. I am creating macros by recording it. I have created subtotals for a worksheet. Now, I need to copy only the titles and the numbers assigned to it. But when I copy it and paste it, or even using paste special, Values, I get the complete content but not the only required data. Ex. I select option 2 when created subtotals. There, I get a list of all the variables with a + mark next to it. If I copy the content and paste it else where, I get all the details which app...

creating chart with 2 stacked columns and 2 lines
2005 2004 cost revenue % cost revenue % A 2,608 3,377 77.22% 2,615 3,331 78.49% B 2,549 3,596 70.90% 3,069 3,793 80.90% C 2,307 2,912 79.20% 2,365 2,769 85.40% D 1,916 2,180 87.90% 2,028 2,201 92.12% E 1,659 2,413 68.76% 1,441 2,159 66.76% From the above table, I wanna have cost and revenue on the same stacked column but separate stack for year 2005 and 2004 and have % as a line (should be 2 stacked 5 stacked columns with 2 lines). I've tried it by setting the cost as a secondary axis and set it as a stacked column but the problem is it needs to use the same...

Timer #2
Want to use excel to record real time. Be able to record running intervials and keep track of the number of intervals. Interuptions would be via enter key or space bar. Any suggestions? R, Sub Initialize() Application.OnKey " ", "PostTime" End Sub Sub PostTime() Range("A65533").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) = Now End Sub Format column a for date/time as needed. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "R Winkler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:201dd...

Conditional Formats #2
I have to somehow apply a compound conditional format to a worksheet that is only partially shown below. Here is my requirements which are difficult to explain, The correct answers to a multiple choice test are shown in row 2, columns B,D,F,H Students were asked to gauge their confidence in their answers, on a scale from 1-3 which are shown in C,E,G,I I need to conditionally format the answers so that they are Bold Italics if the correct answer appears and color code the cells with the answers depending upon the confidence level (on color for a 1, another for 2, and a third for a 3). ...

Upcoming BIlls #2
I accidently removed the "upcoming bills" section from the bottom of my account register. Anyone know how to get it back? All it took was a rightclick to remove it, and I've been unable to figure out how to get it back. I can find no reference of it in Help. Also, this is Money 2003, after I click an account and am able to add transactions to the ledger. >-----Original Message----- >I accidently removed the "upcoming bills" section from >the bottom of my account register. Anyone know how to get >it back? All it took was a rightclick to remove it...

Put Active Worksheet's Name in a Cell #2
Is there a way to put the active worksheet's name in the cell? Not the file name of the whole workbook, just the name of the currently selected sheet. Thanks for your help. Making the cell respond to changes in selection would require an event macro. If you just want to put the sheet name in a cell, then : Function funny() As String funny = Range("A1").Worksheet.Name End Function will put the name of the sheet in a cell in that sheet. -- Gary's Student "coreymartin@gmail.com" wrote: > Is there a way to put the active worksheet's name in the cell? ...

deleting messages using M drive
Does anyone know if it is safe to delete individual messages by going into the M drive and deleting messages like you would delete files in a directory? Thanks, Mario Using the M:\ drive to do anything other than view the data is not suggested. If there is another way to delete the specific items, I would suggest you use it instead of the M:\ drive. This is why in Exchange 2003 we have removed the M:\ drive mapping. --Chris ============================================================================ ==== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

How to find out wether Echange is disconnected with outlook or not
Hi All, I want to check programatically wether Exchange server is disconnected with Outlook or not.If i am using offline property of Namespace object it is working only if user is working offline its not working if user is disconnected from exchange server. Please suggest me how can I find out Exchange is disconnected or not with outlook. Thanks in advance. You might want to ask this in a developer newsgroup instead. They are all listed as; outlook.program_* -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, How...

CFtpFileFind::FindNextFile() can't get the correct file name. #2
Once I want to get file from HP-UX by FTP. I use MFC CFtpFileFind to find the files under a specified directory in HP-UX, but the return value of CFtpFileFind::GetFileName () is not the correct file name, it includes time (sometimes and date) ahead, such as: 19:30 Mydemofile001.txt 19:35 Mydemofile002.txt but the real file name existed are only Mydemofile001.txt and Mydemofile002.txt. Is there any problem in the low level encapsulated by MFC for FTP list files? Could anyone give me some advice? Thank you. ...

user date #2
what effect does user date have on GP? If I change the system date to 2 months earlier and create an invoice it will have that date as a doc date. That is simple and makes sense. But if I change the date and hit refresh the homepage readout is changed. So that would tell me that the whole system is being set back. So my question is what effect does changing system date have on tables (data) and what are some common uses for changing the date? Any info is appriciated. Changing the user date has absolutely no effect on the data stored in tables. The only things it changes are what you&...

CRM 3.0 Reports #2
I would like to Edit Existing Report and save but i am unable to save the existing report after changes as i have full control over CRM. Kindly Advice, Thanks, Syed. Try the following link on "Create a report in 15 minutes or less", provides details on mscrm 3.0 report creation: https://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/reporttutorial.mspx Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "TCorck" wrote: > I would like to Edit Existing Report and save but i am unable to save the > ex...