Macro to copy a Cell Content automatically IF G12 cell <>""

I am having the below Macro code for moving the cursor E11,F11,E12,G11 & G12
and these cells are not protected and rest all other cells are locked (Other
than M11 cell).  I got this code in google web search.

Now I want to add a small condition which is if a person enter any value in
G12 cell then the Macro should automatically do copy the M11 cell.  That’s
all. M11 cell is not having any lock!

Note:- The Cursor should move in this order only that is E11,F11,E12,G11 &
G12.  So please don’t change the cursor movement.  The cursor should not move
to M11 cell and all.

     Select Case Target.Address
        Case "$E$11"
             Range("F11").Select
        Case "$F$11"
             Range("E12").Select
        Case "$E$12"
             Range("G11").Select
        Case "$G$11"
            Range("G12").Select
     End Select
End Sub

The above coding pasted in Sheet Tab.

I am not having any knowledge in creating the macro. So, please help me.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

You haven't specified the destination of copying M11!
If you mean that in this case M11 is to be copied into G12 then
     Select Case Target.Address
        Case "$E$11"
             Range("F11").Select
        Case "$F$11"
             Range("E12").Select
        Case "$E$12"
             Range("G11").Select
        Case "$G$11"
            Range("G12").Select
        Case "$G$12"
            Range("G12") = Range("M11")
     End Select
End Sub

If you meant something else, please, clarify!

--
Regards!
Stefi

„Ms-Exl-Learner” ezt írta:

> I am having the below Macro code for moving the cursor E11,F11,E12,G11 & G12
> and these cells are not protected and rest all other cells are locked (Other
> than M11 cell).  I got this code in google web search.
>
> Now I want to add a small condition which is if a person enter any value in
> G12 cell then the Macro should automatically do copy the M11 cell.  That’s
> all. M11 cell is not having any lock!
>
> Note:- The Cursor should move in this order only that is E11,F11,E12,G11 &
> G12.  So please don’t change the cursor movement.  The cursor should not move
> to M11 cell and all.

>      Select Case Target.Address
>         Case "$E$11"
>              Range("F11").Select
>         Case "$F$11"
>              Range("E12").Select
>         Case "$E$12"
>              Range("G11").Select
>         Case "$G$11"
>             Range("G12").Select
>      End Select
> End Sub
>
> The above coding pasted in Sheet Tab.
>
> I am not having any knowledge in creating the macro. So, please help me.
>
> --------------------
> (Ms-Exl-Learner)
> --------------------
Thanks for your reply.  I need to give some more input to my earlier message.

E11 Value will be entered
F11 Value will be entered
E12 Value will be entered
G11 Value will be entered
G12 Value will be entered

After entering a value in G12 (last cell) I have made a formula in M11 which
will check all the values which is entered in E11,F11,E12,G11 & G12 and get a
Result From Next sheet.

Every time people used get the result M11 cell and type the derived result
and type it manually in another application.  Because I have given rights to
access only the above 5 cells (E11,F11,E12,G11 & G12) all other cells
including M11 is protected. In protection method I have restricted the users
to select LOCKED cells.  So people cannot able to do copy on M11 cell and
paste the result in another application.

So I require the macro just to do copy (M11 Cell) when the final cell of G12
cell is getting entered with any character.

If the macro is started to do that Cntrl+C in M11 then after entering the
value in G12 cell people can directly give the Cntrl+V in another application
since the copy work is already done by the macro.  But the cursor should not
Move to M11 Cell after entering G12 cell.  It should move only in the five
cells (E11,F11,E12,G11 & G12).

Hope it's clear now.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

On dec. 14, 11:48, Ms-Exl-Learner <Ms.Exl.Lear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
tion
> since the copy work is already done by the macro. =A0But the cursor shoul=
d not
> Move to M11 Cell after entering G12 cell. =A0It should move only in the f=
ive
> cells (E11,F11,E12,G11 & G12).
>
> Hope it's clear now.
>
> --------------------
> (Ms-Exl-Learner)
> --------------------
>

> "Stefi" wrote:
> > You haven't specified the destination of copying M11!
> > If you mean that in this case M11 is to be copied into G12 then
> > =A0 =A0 =A0Select Case Target.Address
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$E$11"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("F11").Select
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$F$11"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("E12").Select
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$E$12"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("G11").Select
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$G$11"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Range("G12").Select
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$G$12"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Range("G12") =3D Range("M11")
> > =A0 =A0 =A0End Select
> > End Sub
>
> > If you meant something else, please, clarify!
>
> > --
> > Regards!
> > Stefi
>
> > =84Ms-Exl-Learner=94 ezt =EDrta:
>
> > > I am having the below Macro code for moving the cursor E11,F11,E12,G1=
1 & G12
> > > and these cells are not protected and rest all other cells are locked=
 (Other
> > > than M11 cell). =A0I got this code in google web search. =A0
>
> > > Now I want to add a small condition which is if a person enter any va=
lue in
> > > G12 cell then the Macro should automatically do copy the M11 cell. =
=A0That=92s
> > > all. M11 cell is not having any lock! =A0
>
> > > Note:- The Cursor should move in this order only that is E11,F11,E12,=
G11 &
> > > G12. =A0So please don=92t change the cursor movement. =A0The cursor s=
hould not move
> > > to M11 cell and all.
>
> > > Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0Select Case Target.Address
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$E$11"
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("F11").Select
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$F$11"
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("E12").Select
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$E$12"
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("G11").Select
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$G$11"
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Range("G12").Select
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0End Select
> > > End Sub
>
> > > The above coding pasted in Sheet Tab.
>
> > > I am not having any knowledge in creating the macro. So, please help =
me.

> > > --------------------
> > > (Ms-Exl-Learner)
> > > --------------------- Id=E9zett sz=F6veg elrejt=E9se -
>
> - Id=E9zett sz=F6veg megjelen=EDt=E9se -

Maybe this:

     Select Case Target.Address
        Case "$E$11"
             Range("F11").Select
        Case "$F$11"
             Range("E12").Select
        Case "$E$12"
             Range("G11").Select
        Case "$G$11"
            Range("G12").Select
        Case "$G$12"
             Range("M11").Copy
     End Select
End Sub

Just after entering value in G12, Paste (Ctrl+V) in the other
application!

Regards,
Stefi
0
Stefi
12/14/2009 12:00:23 PM
Wow Thanks a lot!!!  It’s working fine….

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Stefi" wrote:

> [...]
> > >             Range("G12") = Range("M11")
> > >      End Select
> > > End Sub
> >
> > > If you meant something else, please, clarify!
> >
> > > --
> > > Regards!
> > > Stefi

> > - Idézett szöveg megjelenítése -
>
> Maybe this:

>      Select Case Target.Address
>         Case "$E$11"
>              Range("F11").Select
>         Case "$F$11"
>              Range("E12").Select
>         Case "$E$12"
>              Range("G11").Select
>         Case "$G$11"
>             Range("G12").Select
>         Case "$G$12"
>              Range("M11").Copy
>      End Select
> End Sub
>
> Just after entering value in G12, Paste (Ctrl+V) in the other

Thank you for the below macro code and it's working fine.......

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

On dec. 15, 07:29, Ms-Exl-Learner <Ms.Exl.Lear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the below macro code and it's working fine.......
>
> --------------------
> (Ms-Exl-Learner)
> --------------------
>

> "Stefi" wrote:
> > You haven't specified the destination of copying M11!
> > If you mean that in this case M11 is to be copied into G12 then
> > =A0 =A0 =A0Select Case Target.Address
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$E$11"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("F11").Select
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$F$11"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("E12").Select
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$E$12"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("G11").Select
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$G$11"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Range("G12").Select
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$G$12"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Range("G12") =3D Range("M11")
> > =A0 =A0 =A0End Select
> > End Sub
>
> > If you meant something else, please, clarify!
>
> > --
> > Regards!
> > Stefi
>
> > =84Ms-Exl-Learner=94 ezt =EDrta:
>
> > > I am having the below Macro code for moving the cursor E11,F11,E12,G1=
1 & G12
> > > and these cells are not protected and rest all other cells are locked=
 (Other
> > > than M11 cell). =A0I got this code in google web search. =A0
>
> > > Now I want to add a small condition which is if a person enter any va=
lue in
> > > G12 cell then the Macro should automatically do copy the M11 cell. =
=A0That=92s
> > > all. M11 cell is not having any lock! =A0
>
> > > Note:- The Cursor should move in this order only that is E11,F11,E12,=
G11 &
> > > G12. =A0So please don=92t change the cursor movement. =A0The cursor s=
hould not move
> > > to M11 cell and all.
>
> > > Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0Select Case Target.Address
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$E$11"
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("F11").Select
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$F$11"
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("E12").Select
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$E$12"
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Range("G11").Select
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Case "$G$11"
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Range("G12").Select
> > > =A0 =A0 =A0End Select
> > > End Sub
>
> > > The above coding pasted in Sheet Tab.
>
> > > I am not having any knowledge in creating the macro. So, please help =
me.

> > > --------------------
> > > (Ms-Exl-Learner)
> > > --------------------- Id=E9zett sz=F6veg elrejt=E9se -
>
> - Id=E9zett sz=F6veg megjelen=EDt=E9se -

In return for your help in e-mail notification matter!
You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi
0
Stefi

Slow VBA macro
Every time the following code runs and it reaches a blank cell it takes 2-3 seconds to update the cell with a zero: Do Until ActiveCell.Offset(1, -3) = "" ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select Select Case ActiveCell Case Is = "" Selection.FormulaR1C1 = 0 End Select Loop I've tried Application.ScreenUpdating = False but the macro is still very slow. Any suggestions as to ho...

copy with matched cases
Hi all; I would appreciate for any of your help! In my worksheet "Receiving", column A contains part names & column B contains quantities of each part that I receive and enter daily. e.g: A1=part1; A2=part11; A3=part200; B1=100; B2=200; B3=300 (entry on day 1). What should I do to achieve the followings once an assigned "Macro" button is activated: 1. In worksheet "Inventory", Column A remains unchanged that contains a list of 200 part names: where A1=part1; A11= part11; A200=part200. 2. Enter the date one column to the right to the previous date. Let say; C...

Word Doc Macro help needed please!
I need to make a mocro that will work in a word doc. This macro would start with [000001] and count up one number each paragraph. For example paragraph two would auto show [000002] and so on. Any help would be GREAT! I have a word file which contains 100 pages. All the pages have name & address of companies.(not in table) i have to transfer them to excel in column format(for example first name, last name, address, phone etc) can any one tell me code for this( i know how to open word & creat new excel sheet) . I need code for how to reach to lines of word. r there any thing like &quo...

autofit: cell height expands with text entered?
For a form: can a user enter mass quantities of text in a cell and have the cell depth expand so it fits? does Merging Cells limit this ability? I made a giant cell to handle the text the user might enter. I can't figure out where to set this... I have copied & pasted formatting from one worksheet to another without luck. Thanks. Sandy Merged cells don't adjust rowheight for wrapped text (like non-merged cells do). Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Sandy wrote:...

open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.
Hello all. Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped my company's IT people on this one: I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder -- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other do...

Go To the next empty cell in Column A
Using Vista and Excel 2007, I will be constructing a mailing list with 10 columns. In the first empty row of column A will be added a new name for the list. With 10 columns it is not possible to view Column A from Column L on screen. With hundreds of names to add to the list, I need a fast way to go to the next empty cell in column A to add the next name.. I am familiar with tables in Access where there is an icon that will take me to the next empty cell in column A. Is there a similar one stroke command to take me to the next empty cell in column A from anywhere in an Excel ...

User defined functions aware of what cell they are placed in?
Hi, I would like to make a user defined function which needs to know in what cell and what worksheet it is placed in. I will be using this UDF in multiple cells on multiple worksheets. I originally just passed the cell row and column as parameters to the UDF however this ended up updating all worksheets and not just the one the UDF was on. Is there any way to do this? Option Explicit function myfunct(something as somethingelse) as something msgbox application.caller.address & vblf _ & application.caller.parent.name & vblf _ & application.caller.pare...

copy date in a cell if within a date range
Column M is a listing of percentages Column A is various dates, anywhere from Jan 1, 1998 to the present. I need to copy the contents of let's say M3 into cell T3 is the date in cell A3 is any date in the year 2010. If the date is in another year, leave cell T3 blank Thanks "carrerapaolo" wrote: > Column M is a listing of percentages > > Column A is various dates, anywhere from Jan 1, 1998 to the present. > > I need to copy the contents of let's say M3 into cell T3 is the date in cell > A3 is any date in the year 2010. If the ...

Excel-Multiple Cells Being Hi-lited
Sometimes when I'm setting up a worksheet and I left-click in a cell, multiple cells in the same column are hi-lited. After it happens the first time, it continues as I move through the worksheet, reducing my ability to get work done considerably. After some trial and error, it seems to occur when I've been adding and/or deleting columns and/or rows, after a header has been installed. I can move throughout the worksheet using the arrow keys, but it is a time consuming and cumbersome technique. I think the version I'm using is Office Professional 2007 (file extensi...

Combo Box List Content Control
I want both the code and corresponding English translation to appear in the dropdown box. The codes are in col A, and the translations are in col B. Under Properites, ListFillRange I have entered: Jobs!A2:B200. Only column A is shown in the dropdown box. Also, when I select one of the dropdown options I get a VB error with my "Jobs!A2:B200" displayed in the VB code. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks. Did you change the columncount property to 2? Be aware that the both columns will appear when you click on the dropdown arrow, but only one value will appear in ...

memory problem of Excel 2003 copy & paste
Hi all, I am using Excel 2003 for some project. I am having 2GB C drive harddisk space. After a while, the Excel begins to be extremely slow in copy and paste... It takes about half an hour to copy and paste just a few cells... I've consulted people. It seems a memory problem. But I cannot close my windows and kill the processes, because I am running long-running (overnight) jobs... I cannot reboot either. Is there a way to clean the memory and let Excel 2003 clipboard function properly without rebooting or killing my 4 long-running processes? Thanks! p.s. I am sure this is an is...

Go To an address specfied in a cell
Hello Folks, Does anyone know how I can move the cursor to a cell, the address of which is specified in another cell? Here is the scenario. I enter a list of hours worked in a specfic week on a data entry sheet. I hit a button and the values are copied to a data summary sheet, the position depends on the Week No., the first cell is specfied as the address "Data!29" for Week 5. I reckon I can handle a recorded macro to copy and paste the data but how do I locate the correct start cell? I have tried copying and pasting into the GoTo box but that doesn't work. Data!J29 Wee...

Help with displaying the contents of the last populate cell.
I have numerous sheets within a book where all cells in column C in all sheets have the following formula “=IF(ISBLANK(P4),"",(R3-P4))”. For you reference both columns P and R hold a monetary value and are formatted as Currency. Is there a way that cell D1 can automatically be populated with the contents of the last cell in column C that has a value in it. E.G. Sheet 1, cell C19 has a value of 200, therefore cell D1 should be 200. Sheet 2, cell C25 has a value of 250, therefore cell D1 should be 250. Sheet 3, cell C99 has a value of 900, therefore cell D1 should be 900. Any h...

Formula to process 3 cells using IF statements
I have 3 columns of experimental data (C:E). Row 30 contains the sums (C30:E30). I need a formula that will examine the three sums and return the column number that has the lowest sum. If more than one column is lowest, select one randomly. Example: C30 D30 E30 Result 10 11 12 1 (C) 22 20 21 2 (D) 32 31 30 3 (E) 40 41 40 Randomly select 1 or 3 51 50 50 Randomly select 2 or 3 60 60 60 Randonly select 1, 2, or 3 Can this be done with IF statements or do I need to write a macro? Well, this is a bit cumbersome, but it se...

Excel 97 Worksheet Protection and cell colour
Hi there, One of our users has setup a worksheet will a small range of cells that are locked (they have formulas in them), he then protects the sheet. He then wants to change the colour of some of the other cells, these cells are not locked, but he cannot change the colour of the cells. Is there an obvious solution? Cheers, Andy Hi AFAIK you can't do this in Excel 97 without first removing the protection -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany andy wrote: > Hi there, > > One of our users has setup a worksheet will a small range of cells > that are locked (they h...

Copy NDRs to public folder
All, I have moved my postmaster mailbox into a mail-enabled folder, which is working fine. However, I cannot get Exchange to send copies of NDRs to the postmaster mailbox. If I select any other "true" mailbox, it's fine. Isn't this supported or am I missing something? Any help appreciated! -- Kind regards, Erik Cheizoo eXcellence & Difference - we keep your business running ============================================ Always test in a non-production environment before implementing Guidelines for posting: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 ======================...

getting tight vertical fit automatically
Is there a way to get a tight fit vertically, without having to hand-adjust many row heights (some of three lines, some of 1, etc)? If format|row|autofit is too "loose", then I think manually is the way to go. Kevin wrote: > > Is there a way to get a tight fit vertically, without having to > hand-adjust many row heights (some of three lines, some of 1, etc)? -- Dave Peterson ...

copy and paste excel freeze
Hi, I am running Office 2003 in Windows 2000 Pro. try to copy the excel worksheet and paste to another new workshee takes long and the system seems freeze for a while b4 the process finish anyone have samme experience? ...

Coloring the Desired cells
Hello, I have a work sheet in which i have to look for word "Test" and color the rows below it. There are different words like "Test 1" "Test 2" and each set needs a different color. Can I get some help with the macro for it? eg: Test1 row 1 row 2 Test 2 row 1 row 2 the number of rows in each group is not constanr. Thank you, Harsh Excel will need to know the logic of the rows and colors to be able to determine how many rows to color. You say the number of rows is not constant, but obviously you know how many rows to color. How do you know t...

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

How analyze Error Report Contents information?
My MFC application crashed during testing, and the tester sent me a screenshot of the Error Report Contents dialog, which at least shows that it was our good friend the 0xc0000005 error, and gives the address at which the exception occurred. Is there any way to take that address, and look in the MAP file the linker generated, and figure out in which function the problem occurred? I've looked at some of the appcompat.txt files generated on my machine, and they don't seem to contain anything that would help me map address to function. Thanks! Chris There is a very good articl...

Changing of Cell protections after saving Excel File (2002)
This problem occurs when I protect a document using a macro 4.0 function: =PROTECT.DOCUMENT(TRUE,,,TRUE,TRUE). When I use the function within a macro4.0 macro, on an original file, everything works fine. The sheet has unlocked cells, and when the sheet is protected, it allows me to access those cells. But if I save the file, or save.as another name, then the fun begins. The enable selection of the sheet( view codes) has gone from 0-xlNoRestrictions to -4142- xlNoSelection. This locks me out of doing anything in the sheet. When I unprotect and then re-protect the sheet using the T...

how do I change cell references automatically in formulas
In Excel 2000, I have data in 80 rows and 10 columns. Each week I add a new row. I have a separate chart for each column with the data range from the first row to the last.. Each week I have to change the data range to reflect the new last row for each chart. Is there someway I can do this automatically? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "jnw3" <jnw3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3551F9-FBC6-4841-95B4-618AB1893190@micros...

Cell can left indent; anything for right side of cell?
Is there a way to leave more space between the end of a word and the right side of the column? I indented the left side of the column by using the indent option set to "1" in the alignment tab of the formatting box. Besides adding an extra column to the end of the row and making it very small in width and extending the border to that extra "spacer" column, is there a way to make this space? My spreadsheet is done and if I have to do this, I'll have tons of work re-writing code. I was going to use Word for the final presentation of the data, but it didn't work ou...