I am in need of a macro that can change a default setting in excel and for it
to run on startup

The task is:
Tools
General
Web Options
Files
uncheck Update links on save

Below is the recording of the macro:

With ActiveWorkbook.WebOptions
..RelyOnCSS = True
..OrganizeInFolder = True
..UseLongFileNames = True
..DownloadComponents = False
..RelyOnVML = False
..AllowPNG = False
..ScreenSize = msoScreenSize800x600
..PixelsPerInch = 96
..Encoding = msoEncodingWestern
End With
With Application.DefaultWebOptions
..SaveHiddenData = True
..LoadPictures = True
..UpdateLinksOnSave = False
..CheckIfOfficeIsHTMLEditor = True
..AlwaysSaveInDefaultEncoding = False
..SaveNewWebPagesAsWebArchives = True
End With

End Sub

It is set in a module and I would like it to run on startup. By saving it in
the originial document it will carry over to each version that is saved.

Thanks in advance for your assistance
Angie
--
Thanks,
Angie

Back in the macro editor go to the ThisWorkbook module. Paste this in:

Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.DefaultWebOptions.UpdateLinksOnSave = False
End Sub
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"paankadu" wrote:

> I am in need of a macro that can change a default setting in excel and for it
> to run on startup
>

> The task is:
> Tools
> General
> Web Options
> Files
> uncheck Update links on save
>

> Below is the recording of the macro:
>
> With ActiveWorkbook.WebOptions
> .RelyOnCSS = True
> .OrganizeInFolder = True
> .UseLongFileNames = True
> .DownloadComponents = False
> .RelyOnVML = False
> .AllowPNG = False
> .ScreenSize = msoScreenSize800x600
> .PixelsPerInch = 96
> .Encoding = msoEncodingWestern
> End With
> With Application.DefaultWebOptions
> .SaveHiddenData = True
> .LoadPictures = True
> .UpdateLinksOnSave = False
> .CheckIfOfficeIsHTMLEditor = True
> .AlwaysSaveInDefaultEncoding = False
> .SaveNewWebPagesAsWebArchives = True
> End With
>
> End Sub
>
> It is set in a module and I would like it to run on startup. By saving it in
> the originial document it will carry over to each version that is saved.
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance
> Angie
> --
> Thanks,
> Angie
Paankadu -

Set the name of the macro to Auto_Open.  Look at the RunAutoMacros method in
VBA Help in Excel (help from the code window).

--
Daryl S

"paankadu" wrote:

> I am in need of a macro that can change a default setting in excel and for it
> to run on startup
>

> The task is:
> Tools
> General
> Web Options
> Files
> uncheck Update links on save
>

> Below is the recording of the macro:
>
> With ActiveWorkbook.WebOptions
> .RelyOnCSS = True
> .OrganizeInFolder = True
> .UseLongFileNames = True
> .DownloadComponents = False
> .RelyOnVML = False
> .AllowPNG = False
> .ScreenSize = msoScreenSize800x600
> .PixelsPerInch = 96
> .Encoding = msoEncodingWestern
> End With
> With Application.DefaultWebOptions
> .SaveHiddenData = True
> .LoadPictures = True
> .UpdateLinksOnSave = False
> .CheckIfOfficeIsHTMLEditor = True
> .AlwaysSaveInDefaultEncoding = False
> .SaveNewWebPagesAsWebArchives = True
> End With
>
> End Sub
>
> It is set in a module and I would like it to run on startup. By saving it in
> the originial document it will carry over to each version that is saved.
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance
> Angie
> --
> Thanks,
> Angie

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Saving toolbar changes

VB Macro #2

Changing query execution sequence

Outlook set up
In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:17:36 -0800, "etata" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email >address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell >it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY >NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? Just a...

set print area #2

Macros not performing correctly
I recorded a macro to place a vlookup formula in four cells that are side by side. When I run the macro it only performs the first task, it does not go on to do the other three. I used the tab key to go to the next cell while recording the macro, I don't know if that's why it's not working or if it's something else. The script looks like this: Sub EERates() ' ' EERates Macro ' Macro recorded 3/4/2005 by BCBSOK ' ' ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],Sheet1!R3C1:R102C2,2,0)" Range("F15").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C...

Automatic changes in cells

default text height comment
Is there a way to set the default text height for a new comment? Thanks mark (I've looked through help but can't find it if it's in there.) I assume you mean the font size? There is no text height available in Excel. A comment has a shape property and that is what you can use to change the font size. They didn't make it easy ... Range("D4").Comment.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font.Size = 12 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote in message...

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...