Macro running problem

When I run a macro it stops at the following point :

    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
        "=ISNA(MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R2000C65,0))L""""
INDEX(Purchases!R24C[17]:R2000C[17],MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65
:R2000C65,0))=""UpdateCC""
INDEX(Purchases!R24C42:R2000C42,MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R20
00C65,0))?"""" "

  Here is the leading and ending portion of the macro:

     Range("H77").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
        "=ISNA(MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R2000C65,0))L""""
INDEX(Purchases!R24C[17]:R2000C[17],MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65
:R2000C65,0))=""UpdateCC""
INDEX(Purchases!R24C42:R2000C42,MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R20
00C65,0))?"""" "
      Range("H77").Select
    Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("H77:H1000"), Type:=xlFillDefault

Anyone know why it is not working?
Pat

What is the L"""" in this formula supposed to do? Looks invalid to me!

"Pat" wrote:

> When I run a macro it stops at the following point :
>
>     ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
>         "=ISNA(MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R2000C65,0))L""""
> INDEX(Purchases!R24C[17]:R2000C[17],MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65
> :R2000C65,0))=""UpdateCC""
> INDEX(Purchases!R24C42:R2000C42,MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R20
> 00C65,0))?"""" "
>
>   Here is the leading and ending portion of the macro:
>
>      Range("H77").Select
>     ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
>         "=ISNA(MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R2000C65,0))L""""
> INDEX(Purchases!R24C[17]:R2000C[17],MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65
> :R2000C65,0))=""UpdateCC""
> INDEX(Purchases!R24C42:R2000C42,MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R20
> 00C65,0))?"""" "
>       Range("H77").Select
>     Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("H77:H1000"), Type:=xlFillDefault
>
> Anyone know why it is not working?
> Pat

Here is the formula as recorded, it works fine in the cell(s)

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(ControlCentre!$C77,Purchases!$BM$24:$BM$2000,0)),"",IF(INDEX(
Purchases!Y$24:Y$2000,MATCH(ControlCentre!$C77,Purchases!$BM$24:$BM$2000,0))
="UpdateCC",INDEX(Purchases!$AP$24:$AP$2000,MATCH(ControlCentre!$C77,Purchas
es!$BM$24:$BM$2000,0)),""))

"Bob Umlas, Excel MVP" <BobUmlasExcelMVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:73F40F58-0C2F-4A3E-8AE3-F0ECE60775EB@microsoft.com...
> What is the L"""" in this formula supposed to do? Looks invalid to me!
>
> "Pat" wrote:
>
> > When I run a macro it stops at the following point :
> >
> >     ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _

"=ISNA(MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R2000C65,0))L""""

INDEX(Purchases!R24C[17]:R2000C[17],MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65
> > :R2000C65,0))=""UpdateCC""

INDEX(Purchases!R24C42:R2000C42,MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R20
> > 00C65,0))?"""" "
> >
> >   Here is the leading and ending portion of the macro:
> >
> >      Range("H77").Select
> >     ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _

"=ISNA(MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R2000C65,0))L""""

INDEX(Purchases!R24C[17]:R2000C[17],MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65
> > :R2000C65,0))=""UpdateCC""

INDEX(Purchases!R24C42:R2000C42,MATCH(ControlCentre!RC3,Purchases!R24C65:R20
> > 00C65,0))?"""" "
> >       Range("H77").Select
> >     Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("H77:H1000"),
Type:=xlFillDefault

> > Anyone know why it is not working?
> > Pat

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Offline folder problems #2

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Macro to seperate data

Hyperlink problem #3

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

Problem with Database Wizard

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...