macro programming problem

I use the regression tool to calculate calibration curves
in my laboratory.  In earlier versions of excel, I have
created macros to update the regression calculation. The
older macro would not work in excel 2002 (gives an
illegal range error).  When I try to recreate the macro
in the new excel from scratch (by recording), it fails.
When I run the macro, it says it lacks the Y range. I
have tried defining the ranges by clicking and dragging
with the mouse, and also by typing in the range. Neither
worked. I originally sent the regression output to a
different sheet, but it didnt like that. Then I
simplified, keeping on the same sheet; no good there
either.  Anyone have any insight into whats going on?
thanks,
Dave
0
shortlab (2)

Hi Dave,

It is easier for folks in the forum to assist if they can see your macro.
Don't attach your workbook.  Simply post your macro code along with your
error messages and data structure.

Regards,
Kevin

"Dave Murto" <shortlab@strato.net> wrote in message
> I use the regression tool to calculate calibration curves
> in my laboratory.  In earlier versions of excel, I have
> created macros to update the regression calculation. The
> older macro would not work in excel 2002 (gives an
> illegal range error).  When I try to recreate the macro
> in the new excel from scratch (by recording), it fails.
> When I run the macro, it says it lacks the Y range. I
> have tried defining the ranges by clicking and dragging
> with the mouse, and also by typing in the range. Neither
> worked. I originally sent the regression output to a
> different sheet, but it didnt like that. Then I
> simplified, keeping on the same sheet; no good there
> either.  Anyone have any insight into whats going on?
> thanks,
> Dave

-1
stecyk (172)

Off 2003 upon Window7 Excel works but not on "all programs" menu
Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under "Microsoft Office" in "All Programs". Outlook, Word, ect are listed. But if I use Explore to open an Excel document, Excel runs fine. How do I get Excel back on the menu? Either repair the office shortcuts or create the excel shortcut "Carlb101" <Carlb101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EE00EF6-8253-4995-8AC8-090BA2AA27F7@microsoft.com... > Loaded Windows 7. Reinstalled Office 2003. Excel not listed under > "Microsoft Office" in "All...

Button/Macro Not Working, Help!
I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre-define views. The macro works fine only after I use Report Manager the firs time. If I exit my workbook and Excel, then return to it, th button/macro does not function. Nothing happens until I manully us Report Manager again. Is there a bug with this or am I missin something -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Post your code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:55 -0500, baston <<baston.16k4at@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre...

if isblank problem
I have written following formula on technical sheet of my workbook =if(isblank(q31:q36),0,sum(q31:q36)/4) which gives me correct answer true version ie 0 but when try to enter on summary sheet as =if(isblank(technical!q31:q36),0,sum(technical!q31:q36)/4) i get false version any ideas why? Thanks Tina Hi try =if(countblank(technical!q31:q36)=6,0,sum(technical!q31:q36)/4) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany tina wrote: > I have written following formula on technical sheet of my workbook > =if(isblank(q31:q36),0,sum(q31:q36)/4) > which gives me correct answer true version ...

Why does workbook think deleted macro still exits?
I have deleted the macros in a workbook but each time I open it there is still a messge stating there are macros. How do I stop the message from appearing? Thanks Karen ...

Internet Mail Service Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C49F0B.EE172F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Team, For quite sometime my Internet Mail Service for Exchange 5.5 get stopped = of its own. My present environment setup is:-=20 1. I have 5 Exchange administrative console located at 3 three = different building.=20 2. My OS is Windows 2000 Server with SP4 3. Exchange 5.5 with SP4=20 4.Running NAV for Exchange built 2.18=20 After going through application logs, I found following E...

New Project, Different Problem: AutoFilter?
I'm creating a database of outside trainers. Each trainer can handle multiple categories of training. It is essential that the training manager be able to create lists for specific categories as the need arises, as well as being able to do more standard sorts such as Name. Rather than making multiple entries for each Trainer (one for each category, which may reach 10+), I'd like to allow multiple entries in the Category column utilizing a key for each category. It seems that AutoFilter would be the ideal method for creating this db. Well, actually Advanced AutoFilter, since...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

Personal Macro Workbook 12-15-09
Hi, The personal macro workbook doesnt start up automatically in excel 2007. How should i get it to start automatically when excel starts up? Its driving me mad to find out where the personal macro workbook is stored in all honesty. Hi, If you did a 'standard' installation you should find personal.xlsb by looking in C:\program files\microsoft office\office 12\xlstart If it's not there then you don't have one. To create it record a simple macro saved to the personal macro workbook and then it should load every time you start the application. Mike "...

View Only Admin
I am having problems with the view only admin delegation. I put the appropriate group into the local admin on each exchange box but after a couple of days exchange removes this group. What is causing this and how do fix it so it leaves this security group in there. Thanks for your help -- Justin This can happen due to conflicting policies or rules. Try to enable Auditing for the security log and enable loging for Exchange in system manger and check results. "Justin" wrote: > I am having problems with the view only admin delegation. I put the > appropriate group ...

Internal Mail Problem
Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address in the properties. This works well in Exchange 5.5 environment. But, how can I do this in Exchange 2003 environment, I cannot removed the smtp address in Exchange 2003, Please help, thanks. On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:46:12 +0800, <a> wrote: >Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal >user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address >in the properties. ...

Thread Problems
Found this from MSDN->codeguru, can't seem to figure out the problem.... class ThreadClass { protected: HANDLE m_hThread; //Thread handle bool m_bActive; //activity indicator DWORD m_lpId; //Thread ID public: ThreadClass(){} virtual ~ThreadClass(){Kill();} //Thread Management bool CreateNewThread() { m_hThread = CreateThread(NULL, 0, (LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE)_ThreadFunc, (LPVOID) this, 0, (LPDWORD) &m_lpId); if (m_hThread == NULL) return false; m_bActive = true; return true; }; //Wait for thread to end bool Wait() {return (WAIT_OBJECT_0 == WaitForSingleObject(m_hT...

Problem Printing w/Calendar Assistant
Every time I attempt to print a calendar using the Assistant it prints one page and then stops. I have tried to print multiple pages of a weekly calendar and each time it prints one week and then stops. I love the layout and colors of the calendar but I can not get more than one weekly calendar to print no matter how many weeks I select to be printed. Calendar Printing Assistant is known to be quirky. It works best with Outlook 2007. I cant say i know a fix for your issue. However, if you cant work around for this issue or you need a better printing solution, consider using...

problems with windows live mail
when windows live mail starts to download from my gmail pop account I always a box pop up saying "Internet Security Warning" dialog box "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value." "Do you want to continue using this server?" I click yes and it works, connects and downloads messages. Until the email client is close and restarted that is. Then once again on the first access the security certificate message is displayed. How do I get this to w...

Outlook attachment problems
Dear Our oversea office sender using Outlook Sending message (HTML) insert a picture sending message to my office, when I have received the attachment auto duplicate one set in the message. I have asked the sender try remove the picture and FORWARD to my e-mail, but the attachment sill in the message and auto duplicate one set attachment. Out overseas office using MS SBS , user setup WG mode for outlook download message. I am not sure which part problems or virus effect. Please advice how to solve out the problems ASAP. JACKIE ...

Interesting problem in Money 2005 and MSN link
Money 2005 Premium. I swore I'd never link to MSN on the web but yesterday somehow got there by trying to set up an MBNA card. I finally figured it wasn't worth it so I removed everything - passport and all data. Here is the interesting thing. Previously, my mny file was 46MB after a shrink. After removing everything, it shrank to 41MB. I didn't really care since I had a backup but I decided to explore further. In putting everything through MSN and then disabling it all, it reversed the sign on 2 transactions (one in 1998, the other in 2003) but nothing else was touched. All 22,...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Transfer Macro in Excel
I am trying to transfer informtion in one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I have a macro to process this information from the first sheet to the second. I keep getting an error in this Process macro at the line. Application.Goto REFERENCE:=Range("END") The first sheet is called ProblemSheet and the second sheet is called Processed. The line above is taken from the process macro on the ProblemSheet page. Do I have to name a certain cell as "END" on either sheet? Any help with this would be really appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com...

Help With Problem: Nested IF Function, Office2K v Office2003
Hello Group, I'm looking for some help with a nested IF worksheet function. Shown below is a formula that I'm using in a model. =SUM(IF(worksheet!$A$3:$A$54=DATEVALUE("9/1/2005"),IF(worksheet!$B$3:$B$54="<90",worksheet!$C$3:$C$54,0),0)) If short, what I'm trying to do is scan the data in two columns and for any cells which meet the TRUE case in both columns, then sum the third numbers for all cases returning TRUE-TRUE. If either cell returns a FALSE, then enter 0. I created the original formulas and model in Office2000 and have used the model for more tha...

Problem with IE 8 03-09-10
my laptop just upgraded from vista to windows 7.using the IE 8 and decide that i would like to save some website links to fravorites.but i could not save any links.unknown reason.The previous saved links also were missing too.Tried using the key board short cuts but still unable to save any links. I would seriously like an assistance for this matter or a patch to solve the glitch.. THANKS !!!! [You may have upgraded your laptop to Win7 but it didn't do it on its own.] Unspecified error when adding a link to Favorites in Windows Vista and Windows 7 - The Winhelponline Bl...

problem sending mail to yahoo
Hi everyone, I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. Running SBS2003. I can send mail to everyone apart from YAHOO. Gmail, Hotmail (any of the main freemail providers) with no problems. I've just disabled my SPAM filtering software to see if this helps. Has anyone else experienced similar problems??? HELP :-) Dave what specific error are you getting? "Dave Crozier" <mdcrozier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ukNSYoveFHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > > I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. > &...

macro #2
I'm new at this so this might seem elementary but if you don't know you ask those that do. I've created a macro that is suppose to clear the input data on a worksheet when a command button is clicked. However when the msgbox appears asking them if they wish to continue and they click "yes" nothing happens.I've included the code that I've written. Any help would be appreciated. Private Sub cmdclear_Click() MsgBox "Caution: You are about to delete the information on this worksheet" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Do you wish to continue?"...

the cbSize problem
I've been talking for a long number of years about the scewup that named the first 32-bits of structures that contain a length. I just wrote a little script that did an analysis of the entire 1.4megalines of the Platform SDK (it fits nicely with my current task of revising my Systems Programming course for Vista). The script is rather simple, and analyzes the first line of all of the platform SDK structures, and if the first line corresponds to a set of rules it counts it. After analyzing 1.4 megalines of source code, I found 10,160 structures, of which there were 675 which met the rule...

IF problems, PLEASE HELP!!!
Hello, I am having trouble with "IF" I need to be able to say: IF E4 is 0-550: "start up"; 551-650: "moderate";651-850: "gettin there"; >850: "got there" How do I write this as a forumla? Let Me Know -- ryangruh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ryangruhn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1603 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27497 try this dude! =if(and(e4>=0,e4<=550),"start up",if(and(e4>=551,e4...

outlook 2003 scrolling problem... (very annoying)
hi people, i'm trying to figure out how to enable what i would call 'real time scrolling' in outlook 2003. when i click and hold the scroll bar in the MESSAGES pane (you know, where the emails are listed), and i drag it down, the list doesn't move along while i'm dragging. and when i release the mouse button, the list pops to where i released the button. i just can't find a setting to fix this. any help?? thankx a bunch. DV I can't imagine there being a setting for that. (I happen to like it the way it is) I can recommend, instead of dragging the scroll bar...

Paste-Link Problem
I have constructed a calculator in a spreadsheet that will calculate breach flow rate given values inputed by the user (Sheet 1). There is also a seperate spreadsheet within the same workbook that contains numourus different site numbers and their location (Sheet 2). I am wanting to include the calculated breach flow from sheet 1 into sheet 2 for each site. I have used the copy and paste link combo and it works for the first site but when I go and enter the data for the second site in the calculator it also changes my calculated value for the first site in sheet 2. Is there an IF statement tha...