macro in excel to copy from excel to word

i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantag
of.

I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get the
to be automatically completed using the excel database.

Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macr
then modify it to suit.

This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, o
pasting into form..field..values.

I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'usin
excel programming for dummies' book.  But really do not know where t
start now.

Have seen this:
"Dim appWD As Word.Application
Set appWD = CreateObject("Word.Application.8")
appWD.Visible = True"

but not sure how this all fits in.

can anybody help guide me in the right direction or know of a goo
simple book.  not really into this heavy would just like to know how t
get this simple task done for now.  not much point in learning loads o
stuff i will just forget, because i wont use it again for a while.

thanks

stev

You might find some answers here

http://tinyurl.com/25j6x
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"svmurray" <svmurray.ynl2a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantage
> of.
>
> I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get them
> to be automatically completed using the excel database.
>
> Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macro
> then modify it to suit.
>
> This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, or
> pasting into form..field..values.
>
> I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'using
> excel programming for dummies' book.  But really do not know where to
> start now.
>
> Have seen this:
> "Dim appWD As Word.Application
> Set appWD = CreateObject("Word.Application.8")
> appWD.Visible = True"
>
> but not sure how this all fits in.
>
> can anybody help guide me in the right direction or know of a good
> simple book.  not really into this heavy would just like to know how to
> get this simple task done for now.  not much point in learning loads of
> stuff i will just forget, because i wont use it again for a while.
>
> thanks
>
> steve
>

> ---

Don