Macro Help - Jumping Sheets #2

Hi All

I have a workbook which contains >400 sheets.  What I need
to do is to insert a "cover" sheet and then create a macro
to pick up the same four cells from each worksheet (B2,
G9, B14 and B9) and copy and paste the values into the
Cover Sheet going progressively down a column for each
different sheet.

so i need the macro to go to Sheet1 get the value from B2
and paste it on the cover sheet in A2, then get the value
G9 and paste it on the cover sheet in B2 etc... then go to
Sheet2 get the value from B2 and paste it on the cover
sheet in A3, then get the value G9 and paste it on the
cover sheet in B3 etc...

any help is greatly appreciated.

cheers
nick

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Nick..........,
This is the third time you posted the same question here in three days.
Stick to your original thread, if there is something lacking in the
replies then specify in the original thread what is wrong, or what you
don't understand.  To continually post the same question is a waste
of everyone's time.
 ---
HTH,

"Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c09601c451a1$e9392f40$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi All
>
> I have a workbook which contains >400 sheets.  What I need
> to do is to insert a "cover" sheet and then create a macro
> to pick up the same four cells from each worksheet (B2,
> G9, B14 and B9) and copy and paste the values into the
> Cover Sheet going progressively down a column for each
> different sheet.
>
> so i need the macro to go to Sheet1 get the value from B2
> and paste it on the cover sheet in A2, then get the value
> G9 and paste it on the cover sheet in B2 etc... then go to
> Sheet2 get the value from B2 and paste it on the cover
> sheet in A3, then get the value G9 and paste it on the
> cover sheet in B3 etc...
>
> any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> cheers
> nick

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Working with Excel #2
Dear friends! I have the following problem - I am needing to represent in Excel a number with 20 (or more) digits. How can I do this? Many thanks! Hi Igor2005, > I have the following problem - I am needing to represent in Excel a number > with 20 (or more) digits. How can I do this? > That is only possible with either: - an addin (search google, there should be something for this, I recall seeing it but misplaced the link). - or by formatting the cell as text (but you won't be able to do math with the number easily then) Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ad...

Getting the mouse position #2
Hi, I'm using a derived class, CMyListCtrl, derived from CListCtrl. When the user right-clicks an item, I want to open a messagebox at the location they clicked. How do I capture the mouse position? Norming RButtonUp() has a CPoint argument, but OnRclick() does not. What to do? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159532198.011892.81980@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > > I'm using a derived class, CMyListCtrl, derived from CListCtrl. > > When the user right-clicks an item, I want to open a messagebox at the > location they clicked...

Windows Vista Service pack 2
I get automatic updates from Microsoft. Everytime my computer tries to install Windosw Vista Service pack 2, it always fails. All other updates are marked as successful however this Windows Vista Service pack 2 has failed about twenty times. What can I do? I assume this is an important update but my computer just will not allow for this update. -- kdi Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista SP2 issues until 26 February 2010. Availability of chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Some issues may requi...

combinations #2
Hi all, I would like to generate all possible combinations (not permutations, so one combination of 6 out of the set abcdefg will also be aaaaab etc) of p out of n characters, n say from 3 to 8 and p from 3 to n. The character set could contain (in principle) any character that can be obtained by alt plus 0 plus 3 numbers of the numerical keyboard (alt 0233 = � etc.). The elements of each combination not to be separated by anything, so not (in this example 6 out of 6) a,b,b,c,a,f but abbcaf. Also not to be enclosed in parenthesis, single or double quotation marks etc. Just plain abbcaf et...

HELP!!! Can't Apply Payment for Posted Invoice while Unposted in C
One user was entering in a transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry Window. She had not saved or put the transaction in a batch. The power went out, and she started up the computer when the power come back. She could not see the transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry for that Customer. She could see the transaction in the Collection Main window for that Customer but in the Unposted Sales. I tried to view the transaction from the SmartList but it is says it has been posted. So the user goes ahead and post thru the GL from the Series Post window. She still can not view t...

Stacked Bar Graph #2
I have data from last year that I want to compare with data from this year. The data is broken into components, so I'd like to use a stacked bar graph to compare the data by month. Is there a way to put two columns of data next to each other in a stacked bar graph? X-Axis would have months (Jan - Dec) Each month would have two columns - one for 2007, one for 2008 Thanks. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/10/13/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Cus...

First post, need help guys!
Hi to all, I pasted together the below attachment. Can anyone help me with it. I need to know how to start a second grap 55% of the way up the original graphs axis. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Moxy1980/graph.jpg PS. I cant get the pic bigger but can mail if you leave a reply on th thread. Thanks again -- Moxy198 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moxy1980's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2807 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47583 Moxy The second set of dat...

sendmail macro
Hello, I'm using the following command in a macro: ActiveWorkbook.sendmail "mr_abc@hotmail.com", "Lists for today." ActiveWorkbook.sendmail "mr_def@hotmail.com", "Lists for today." ActiveWorkbook.sendmail "mr_ghi@hotmail.com", "Lists for today." I would like to know if it's possible to send the document to all 3 addresses at one time (cause by using the commands I'm using above, 3 emails are sent). Thanks!!! You can use a array For mailing to more people use this line. ..SendMail Array("ron@debruin.nl"...

Chart using Macro
I have several sheets having similar data for different lanes. I have a macro which can create a graph I want with different series plotted in different forms for source data on a particular sheet. I want to be able to create a graph for the active sheet. How do I use ActiveSheet data as source data for the gaph. ...

enabling and desabling autofiler on protect sheet
Hi all, how can i give the option in the VBA command to dynamicly enable or desable autofilter on a row when the cells are protected for any editing ...

Many to 1 Relationships in CRM 4.0 #2
Hi I just wondering if there is a suggested way to create multiple many to 1 relationships in CRM 4.0. We have created a custom entity and we need to associate more than 1 type of contact with the custom entity. We have a nominated and a registered contact. We have created two many to 1 relationships with contacts and the custom entity. The problem is that the name of the custom entity now appears twice in the navigation pane for contacts. We can select the 'Do not display option' however the custom entity will not appear in the navigation pane for the 'nominated contacts&...

Division help? #2
In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know a.s.a.p. I can't deduce the logic you are applying here. Can you post some more examples of what you want to input and how you would like the output to appear? Pete If you put 16 in A1, you can put this in B1: =int(a1/3) you can put this in C1: =b1 you can put this in D1: =a1-b1-c1 clayblay wrote: > > In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as > 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know ...

Copy a word doc to excel and hyperlink data between the 2.
I have a chart on an excel document and a long word document explaining the data in the chart. I would like to place the word document under the chart in excel. Then I would like to hyperlink the data from the chart to specific places in the word document. Help.....I have been trying to figure it out for days. Thank you. ...

Database Model Diagram #2
I have Visio 2003. When I try to load a new Database Model Diagram Visio locks up every time. Every other type of template loads just fine. I have Windows XP Professional x64. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for any information. ------=_NextPart_0001_4353DD39 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This can occur with Visio 2003 on 64-bit Windows systems, and is related to the way that Windows provides the Printer supported paper sizes which Visio needs. Here is a work around that will help you avoid the problem: 1) new blank drawing 2) File | Print 3...

Stack Charts? ? ? Please help
I am trying to produce a stack chart with a difference ! I Have got a list of depots which i want to analyse and four columns containing data (bit like below). Basically i want two stack "bars" for each depot. Depot, Days Outstanding, Turnaround Time, Ttl Tickets Opened, Cust - Planner 1-231 3 1 3 1 1-922 2 1 2 1 I want days outstanding and turnaround time in one stack and then the second stack will be the remaining two columns side by side. Is this possible ? ? ? Or should i add this to the list of questions for Bill? -- twiggy ---------------...

VBA Switching Between Macros
Hi, I have a lot of macros in my spreadsheet. And about 50% of the macros have variables that are passed through them, so for example the macros look like Macro1(x,y,z) rather then Macro1(). But usually to go to the code in a macro I look up the macro in the list on the toolbar. Bur these macros don't show up. Is there an easy way to go from one macro to the other's code. It is getting to be a pain searching through the different "modules" Thanks for your help What exactly is the problem? You can't see them in the list, but if they have parameters it presumabl...

Merging 2 Spreadsheets w/ referencing
I have two tab delimited spreadsheet files of a product database. My MAIN concern here is that I need to import the prices from one spreadsheet, to a specific column in my original spreadsheet, and I need those prices to correspond with the respective product IDs. Is this possible ??? thanks in advance guys! My main spreadsheet (tab delimited file) I have it setup as follows: A B C D ProductID49483 Brief Description Image.jpg 3.00 ProductID93094 Brief Description Image.jpg 5.00 ProductID30...

Dynamic Chart :S please help me !!!
Damn , I'm getting so confused with this so please help!! This is what I want to do. I've got one databasetab with this column : week1 week2 week3 week4 object1 3 4 5 45 object2 43 34 43 43 object3 88 554 object4 and so on. Now ik want on another Sheet a box where I can fill in the wee number and than a chart wil show only the numbers of that week as: WEEK # 1000 500 0 -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Autofilter problem #2
I have this quite annoying problem with autofilter because I work with large lists very offten. I read somewhere that autofilter is limited to 1000 rows. Is there a solution for this? Using custom filter doesn't help too much. Thanks. Hi see http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dustystorm wrote: > I have this quite annoying problem with autofilter because I work > with large lists very offten. I read somewhere that autofilter is > limited to 1000 rows. Is there a solution for this? Using custom > filter doesn'...

2 instead of 1
Is there a way to get the receipt printer to print out two copies at a time? Also is there a way to make it so the receipt only prints out the total amount due? -- Thank You,; Vince In your printer properties, change the number of copies printed out to 2. What I did was create a serperate "Receipt Printer" for my receipts other then the original driver and point my RMS system to print to my "Receipt Printer". This way if I print out a word document or something I don't automatically get 2 copies of it. "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Where can I find Exchange EventID Descriptions #2
Hello. I need to create software which analyse MSExchange event log on the fact of occurence critical Exchange Server events. But can't find more or less full description of MS Exchange Server 5.5/2000 events. I've tried to find it in MSDN, Exchange SDK - nothing. Where can I find full description of MS Exchange Server events ID's (eventlog). Thanks. have a look at www.eventid.net they have a great event id resource and event monitors Simon "Igor" <igor_bo@pochta.ru> wrote in message news:266001c3e0dd$4e1948e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello. > I need to cr...

Memories of Lotus 1-2-3
Way back in the deep dark recesses of my memory I seem to recall some way of extracting all unique values of a certain field from a database in Lotus 1-2-3 to a different portion of the spreadsheet. I have a need to do the same thing now, but like most of the world, I am using Excel now. I can't seem to figure out how to get this done in Excel...in Lotus...I think it was with a data - extract command. Thanks for the help !! Put a label cell on top of the column containing the data Click on the label cell and then pulldown: Data > Filter > Advanced Filter... Check Copy to a...

Access is Denied in CRM 3.0 after upgrading from 1.2
After an upgrade of Microsoft CRM 1.2 to 3.0 without any errors, I can not log into the Microsoft CRM web page. I get the following error "you do not have enough privileges to access the microsoft crm object or perform the requested operation" I have searched everywhere for a solution for this but i am now at a loss. During the install i recieved two warnings 1. verify domain user account spn for the microsoft crm asp .net application pool account 2. setup was unable to verify that the "trust for delegation" property is enabled for the computer object. If I create a new...

Message with MFC in custom class #2
Hi How can I catch messages in an other class than the view? I have a MFC-SDI-Application which draws with OpenGL. I'd like to have a class, which handels the keyboard input, and another which handels the OpenGL drawing. Can i derive the new class from CCmdTarget? Does that work, and how would an example look like? Thank you John John wrote: > Hi > > How can I catch messages in an other class than the view? I have a > MFC-SDI-Application which draws with OpenGL. > I'd like to have a class, which handels the keyboard input, and another > which handels the OpenGL...

Limit in PivotTable Row Field = 255 ? #2
Is there any way a Row Field in a PIVOT TABLE can contain more than 255 letters ? Not that I've seen. ln54 wrote: > > Is there any way a Row Field in a PIVOT TABLE > can contain more than 255 letters ? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com ...