Macro help - changing values in 1 cell on different rows

Hi all

I've got this spreadsheet:
   A		B			C		D
1 Flight		To			DepartingBoarding
Status
2 NC714	GRANITES		04:00	03:45		Check In
3 NC760	MURRIN MURRIN	15:15	15:00		Boarding
4 NC700	GOLDEN GROVE	16:00	15:45		Delayed
5 NC704	BARIMUNYA		15:00	14:45		Closed

Hope that looks ok...
Anyway, if the cell selected is on line 3 for example, i want to be
able to make a macro that changes the value of E3 to "Delayed" or
"Closed" etc etc....
Then when i'm on line 5, do the same thing for cell E5
I recored a macro, but it only ever changed the same cell, that i
changed when i recorded the macro :-(

0
spam2943 (4)

one way:

    Public Sub Delayed()
        Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 5).Value = "Delayed"
    End Sub

    Public Sub Boarding()
        Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 5).Value = "Boarding"
    End Sub

    Public Sub Closed()
        Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 5).Value = "Closed"
    End Sub

In article <2e26nv8gdou92o2vb3aronddumkfmgpjkl@4ax.com>,
 Carsten Bauer <spam@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've got this spreadsheet:
>    A		B			C		D
> 1 Flight		To			DepartingBoarding
> Status
> 2 NC714	GRANITES		04:00	03:45		Check In
> 3 NC760	MURRIN MURRIN	15:15	15:00		Boarding
> 4 NC700	GOLDEN GROVE	16:00	15:45		Delayed
> 5 NC704	BARIMUNYA		15:00	14:45		Closed
>
> Hope that looks ok...
> Anyway, if the cell selected is on line 3 for example, i want to be
> able to make a macro that changes the value of E3 to "Delayed" or
> "Closed" etc etc....
> Then when i'm on line 5, do the same thing for cell E5
> I recored a macro, but it only ever changed the same cell, that i
> changed when i recorded the macro :-(

0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/25/2003 3:57:57 PM
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:57:57 -0600, "J.E. McGimpsey"
<jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

>one way:
>
>    Public Sub Delayed()
>        Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 5).Value = "Delayed"
>    End Sub
>
>    Public Sub Boarding()
>        Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 5).Value = "Boarding"
>    End Sub
>
>    Public Sub Closed()
>        Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 5).Value = "Closed"
>    End Sub

Oh thank you soo much. That's exactly what I needed.
You ppl are legends :-)

0
spam2943 (4)

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

hide a row
I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is something in Column B, I would like to hide the row. Is this possable in an if statement? Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bob" <bobolah@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OSOK8hisEHA.2556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. > > If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is > something in Column B, ...

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

Please help #8

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

Change position ID in HR

I need a macro

default values in a cell

Help with importing data

Business Portal Development

How do you change the APR?

Is there a way to cut off unused cells on a sheet
It seems there are an infinite number of cells on a sheet. As I really dont have much info to enter on each sheet I was hoping there was a way I could somehow cut off all the extra stuff to the sides and bottoms. It is a hassle because everytime I scroll, it will scroll off the side or bottom way past what I was looking for. Thanks! A manual way is to goto the last used row and delete all rows below. Do the same with columns. SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469AABE7-8D17-4B72-91C1-...