MACRO for moving rows from one worksheet to another

I have a workbook that has different classifications based on a dates
(Classifications = Red, Green, Yellow).  On the cumulative sheet I have all
and then I have a separate sheet for each class.  Using macros I want to copy
the rows (B-M) that contain the class to its corresponding sheet (keeping the
cumulative sheet populated).  I have a formula to notate which row contains
the appropriate color (Column A).  Each sheet has the same header as the
cumulative sheet.

The most effective way is to create your own macro. Turn on the macro
recorder, go through the steps to copy your data, then turn it off, and save
the macro. Voila, a macro you can use as often as you want.

Regards,
Fred

"Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a workbook that has different classifications based on a dates
> (Classifications = Red, Green, Yellow).  On the cumulative sheet I have
> all
> and then I have a separate sheet for each class.  Using macros I want to
> copy
> the rows (B-M) that contain the class to its corresponding sheet (keeping
> the
> cumulative sheet populated).  I have a formula to notate which row
> contains
> the appropriate color (Column A).  Each sheet has the same header as the
> cumulative sheet.

0
Fred
12/30/2009 4:45:33 PM
Thanks, but that will not work, because it is conditional on what rows to be
moved based on the formulas in the first row.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

> The most effective way is to create your own macro. Turn on the macro
> recorder, go through the steps to copy your data, then turn it off, and save
> the macro. Voila, a macro you can use as often as you want.
>
> Regards,
> Fred
>
> "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a workbook that has different classifications based on a dates
> > (Classifications = Red, Green, Yellow).  On the cumulative sheet I have
> > all
> > and then I have a separate sheet for each class.  Using macros I want to
> > copy
> > the rows (B-M) that contain the class to its corresponding sheet (keeping
> > the
> > cumulative sheet populated).  I have a formula to notate which row
> > contains
> > the appropriate color (Column A).  Each sheet has the same header as the
> > cumulative sheet.
>
> .

You select the class you want (ie, Yellow) using Autofilter. Then copy the
visible rows. That gets the bulk of the macro done.

Post back if you need help with specific sections after you've created it,
but asking someone to write the whole macro for you is outside of the scope
of this group.

> Thanks, but that will not work, because it is conditional on what rows to
> be
> moved based on the formulas in the first row.
>
> "Fred Smith" wrote:
>
>> The most effective way is to create your own macro. Turn on the macro
>> recorder, go through the steps to copy your data, then turn it off, and
>> save
>> the macro. Voila, a macro you can use as often as you want.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fred
>>
>> "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a workbook that has different classifications based on a dates
>> > (Classifications = Red, Green, Yellow).  On the cumulative sheet I have
>> > all
>> > and then I have a separate sheet for each class.  Using macros I want
>> > copy
>> > the rows (B-M) that contain the class to its corresponding sheet
>> > (keeping
>> > the
>> > cumulative sheet populated).  I have a formula to notate which row
>> > contains
>> > the appropriate color (Column A).  Each sheet has the same header as
>> > the
>> > cumulative sheet.
>>
>> .

0