Macro Error, annoying plz help?

Hi, new to this board and kinda new to Excel as well.

I created an excell file which includes various (difficult)
calculations. And it's all finished and ready for distribution :P Cept
for 2 minor things which i can't seem 2 fix. The most important one is
this Macro Error which keeps popping up when you open the file. (I
included a combo-box form, i think it's gotta do with that). Because if
u pick something from that list (combo box) the error pops up again,
very annoying of course. There is one way to prevent this as far as i
could see and that was by setting macro security low. (But this means
every user will have 2 set his security low to prevent this error).

Second thingy got to do with conditional formatting, all works well
cept if there are rather large formulas in the specific cells,
conditional formatting doesn't work :/

Thnx in advance!!

Drake

---

Show us the code.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Drake >" <<Drake.10jy88@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi, new to this board and kinda new to Excel as well.
>
> I created an excell file which includes various (difficult)
> calculations. And it's all finished and ready for distribution :P Cept
> for 2 minor things which i can't seem 2 fix. The most important one is
> this Macro Error which keeps popping up when you open the file. (I
> included a combo-box form, i think it's gotta do with that). Because if
> u pick something from that list (combo box) the error pops up again,
> very annoying of course. There is one way to prevent this as far as i
> could see and that was by setting macro security low. (But this means
> every user will have 2 set his security low to prevent this error).
>
> Second thingy got to do with conditional formatting, all works well
> cept if there are rather large formulas in the specific cells,
> conditional formatting doesn't work :/
>
> Thnx in advance!!
>

> Drake
>

> ---

bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/24/2004 9:07:51 PM
OK i already solved first problem (thnx 2 another board) But second on
(conditional formatting issue) still remains. Let me try to point ou
that specific problem bit more.

In one sheet i use conditional formatting so that every value in a cel
that equals "0" has to turn up in red. Each of those cells contai
various formulas and it appears that if the formula is a bit 'long
this conditional formatting doesn't take place...

For instance: It does happen with just an "IF" formula, but it doesn'
happen with an "IF" within "IF" etc formula...

Hope you understand what my problem is :rolleyes:

And that some-1 can help me ;)

Thnx in advance

Drak

I've just created a double-IF condition  that resolves to 0 and it formats
as per CF quite happily.

What formula do you have that doesn't work?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Drake >" <<Drake.10k6ia@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> OK i already solved first problem (thnx 2 another board) But second one
> (conditional formatting issue) still remains. Let me try to point out
> that specific problem bit more.
>
> In one sheet i use conditional formatting so that every value in a cell
> that equals "0" has to turn up in red. Each of those cells contain
> various formulas and it appears that if the formula is a bit 'long'
> this conditional formatting doesn't take place...
>
> For instance: It does happen with just an "IF" formula, but it doesn't
> happen with an "IF" within "IF" etc formula...
>
> Hope you understand what my problem is :rolleyes:
>
> And that some-1 can help me ;)
>

> Thnx in advance
>

> Drake
>

> ---

bob.phillips1 (6510)

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Help Required

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro to seperate data

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

error 553

Help with Registration

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

80070005 error #2

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.