Macro absolute to relative tool bar problem

I am trying to make a macro that is relative not absolute.  The book says to
click on the tool bar for stop recording, but I cannot find any tool bar -
only a choice to stop recording.

Thanks for your help.

--
Stuart Uram

Please Reply to:
uram@alum.mit.edu

0
suram (1)

Stuart
    That little tool bar that you click on to stop recording actually has 2
buttons on it.  The button on the right, that doesn't look like a button, is
the relative/absolute button.  When you click on it such that it appears to
move into the screen, that is the relative position.  Click on it again and
it appears to move out.  That is absolute.   HTH   Otto
"Stuart Uram" <suram@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to make a macro that is relative not absolute.  The book says
> click on the tool bar for stop recording, but I cannot find any tool bar -
> only a choice to stop recording.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> Stuart Uram
>
> Please Reply to:
> uram@alum.mit.edu

Otto explained that, but just in case your relative/absolute button has gone
AWOL ...

Start recording a macro, the Stop Recording toolbar should show (if not,
View -- Toolbars -- Stop Recording).

Right-click the menu bar, choose Customize. On the Toolbars tab, scroll down
to Stop Recording, highlight it, then click Reset.

Rgds,
Andy

0
andy.j.brown (443)
9/1/2003 6:39:39 PM
Thanks Andy.  That's a good point to keep in mind.  Otto
"Andy Brown" <andy.j.brown@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Otto explained that, but just in case your relative/absolute button has
gone
> AWOL ...
>
> Start recording a macro, the Stop Recording toolbar should show (if not,
> View -- Toolbars -- Stop Recording).
>
> Right-click the menu bar, choose Customize. On the Toolbars tab, scroll
down
> to Stop Recording, highlight it, then click Reset.
>
> Rgds,
> Andy

Macro Function
How do I create a new function in Excel? -- Tomas Hi Thomas, You can have a look at this link: http://www.exceltip.com/st/Writing_Your_First_VBA_Function_in_Excel/631.html Regards, Bondi THANKS!!!! Very good tip -- Tomas "Bondi" skrev: > Hi Thomas, > > You can have a look at this link: > > http://www.exceltip.com/st/Writing_Your_First_VBA_Function_in_Excel/631.html > > Regards, > Bondi > > ...

Winmail.dat problem with SBS 2003..and yes i have read the other wiinmail posts
Ok, so I have read thru all the winmail.dat posts in this group and the outlook group, problem is most of them are geared towards ex 5.5. Well I have sbs 2003 and I have one user in my entire company that can not send a excell spreadsheet to one recp. without outlook 2003 i converting into a winmail.dat. I have tryed everyhting I can think of. I reinstalled outlook. I have sett all the options to send as plain text globally and for that contact that gets the winmail.dat files. I have been working on this for a while, but I do believe I checked the setting on exchange to allow the user to ch...

Macro is not logging out of Great Plains
I created a macro to login, run checklinks and then log out. I set it up in the Task Scheduler on my system to run after hours, using a bat file. It worked for several months, and then in January it didn't finish the macro and log out. I would come in the morning, and I would still be logged in and the scheduled task was still running. I had to end task and delete my login in Great Plains. I have tried recreating the macro, I have tried running it on the server, and I am still having the same problem. In most cases, the report is generated - so I know the checklinks are finishing...

Problems after kb890830 and kb978542 updates
After windows Vista installed kb890830 and kb978542 I noticed 4 problems so far. 1. MSN Service not available, error code: 800706b5. (This happened with previous updates and I fixed the issue by doing a system restore to a previous date.) 2.When I started internet explorer (ver 8.0.6001.18904) I got a message my default search engine was corrupted by another program. 3.I tried the usual system restore and found there were no restore points available 4. I had some unknown problem trying to log into this site. It kept giving a site not available message. I am running windows vis...

Cell Reference Problem with Network
Let's say I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets = SheetA and SheetB. SheetA might reference a cell in SheetB with a formula like =SheetB!A1 But when I move this to the network the reference changes to include the network drive and file name like: ='Z:\FOLDER\[FILE]SheetB!A1 the file may move from my laptop to the network several times and this becomes completely confusion as the reference looks, not within the same spreadsheet which is what I want it to to, but for another file out on the network. How do I explicitly reference a cell within a difference worksheet but alwa...

Macro
Is it possible to add a macro as a custom POS button? Thank you, Sylvain ...

Making Bars Transparent
Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? Hi, Here is a work around. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy Tiffany wrote: > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know! "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > Here is a work around. > http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm > > Cheers > Andy > > Tiffany wrote: > > Is there a way to make the bars in a graph transparent? > > -- &...

Converting From ADO.Net XML to ADO problem
Using the method described in Microsofts Knowledge Base article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316337 to convert an XML file created by a DataSet into an XML file read by ADO. This seems pretty straight forward and the ADO recordset *opens* without error, however it's quite empty. Any attempt to use it (e.g. MoveFirst or RecordCount) causes an E_FAIL error. The translated XML file has lots of data when viewed with a browser. The code is below... DataSet ds = new DataSet(); try { SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM MyTable", SqlCo...

New entity
when i attach a contact to an account i have an option - to choose an account from the list, or to create a new one. but i dont have this option when i work with two custom entities (1 to many relationships). only to choose from existing when i want a assign a primary entity to a secondary one. is there a workarround? this way makes me press much more buttons in different forms. i have secondary objects already created due to my business proccess, so i need to go to the primary entity, create an object, then to go back, to open a secondary one and to attach the primary one to it. thanks ...

Problems with Crystal Reports
Hi everyone We are currently encountering a problem with Crystal Reports on MSCRM. Launching one takes about 10-15 seconds before data is displayed (even if only 1 record is retrieved). The standard Accounts reports are worse, we get a Timed Out error everytime. We are deploying MSCRM on 2 servers - CRM Server has dual procs and 1GB RAM. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards. Hon Having Crystal reports in CRM 1.0 timeout is a known bug. (Happens after you try to retrieve more than about 10K records.) There is a private hotfix. It will also be fi...

Macro for checkbox (2) #2
Hi Still does not work new message is Sub or function not defined. I normaly just record macros so this is a bid more of a chalange Sub Macro1() ' ' If CheckBoxes(46).Value = True Then Range("O54").FormulaR1C1 = "50000" Range("T54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("Y54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AD54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AI54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AN54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AS54").FormulaR1C1 = "...

Problem with line Chart
I have the following data: Date Value 1/07 700 3/07 550 9/07 600 10/07 550 7/08 500 9/08 700 2/09 750 8/09 600 I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in time. Soun...

Urgent OWA 2K3 Setup Problem
I am fairly new to Exchange 2003 and IIS so this may be a silly question. I have a single 2003 Domain and Exchange organisation that contains 2 backend servers, one is for staff the other students. The default email policy is set for e.g user@emailaddress1 a second policy is set to user@emailaddress2 which is applied to all users on server2. I have configured OWA on Server1 which works fine but can't access any mailboxes on Server2. This is where I get a little confused! The settings on the default http virtual servers on both servers point to the default email policy but the mo...

OWA problem on front-end server
I'm currently running Exchange 2003 over Windows 2000 SP4 with a front-end server handling all the OWA and SSL. I've foung that any email ending with ..EML as opposed to .EML (note the extra dot) gets a 404 page not found. However if I log into OWA on a backend server the same email with the ..EML opens no problem. If anyone has some insight into this problem I'd be greatly appreciated. Take a look at: 320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This...

Clear Format problem
I am trying to write a macro to clear ALL format in a range of cell. However, I run into a problem. I am using the Selection.ClearFormats command and it works in most cases, but fails when multiple format are applied to the cell. For example if a cell only contains "Hello wonderful world" all in bold than ClearFormats will remove the bold formatting. But if the cell contains "Hello wonderful world" where only "wonderful" is in bold, than ClearFormats does not work and the word "wonderful" remains in bold. Does anyone know how to clea...

PatchFactory 2.0 Released. Professional and easy-to-use patch building tool for Win9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Description: Professional and easy-to-use patch building environment that can help you to create instant patch packages for software and file updating. Generated patch packages are small size self-extracting executable update programs in a famous installer style with adjustable user-friendly interface and multilingual support. Enhanced with features like easy-to-use interface including a Wizard mode, powerful patch engine, integrated compression technology, adjustable multilingual user-friendly interface of the update program, this program will most definitely become a valuable asset for softw...

Shared Calendar problems
We have created a secondary mailbox which includes a calendar for booking a conference room. If I want to book the room, I arrange a meeting with the room (using a modified calendar form) and a secretary accepts the meeting. It appears that something in my modified form is causing a mistake, as when the appointment is viewed (by anyone) the meeting time changes to the current time and if the person viewing it closes the appointment down they get the option to save the changes - thus updating the calendar and clearly causing a few nightmares with the booking! Any suggestions as to where my form...

Problems with Colour Printing
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets containing colour formatting (including graphs) that is regularly printed out in colour and greyscale. The problem I have is that when I need to print out several sheets simultaneously I uncheck the "Greyscale" option under print options and have the print job come out in colour. To print multiple selected sheets in colour I need to change the print options for each individual sheet (about 10 in all) to colour (non- greyscale). One strange peculiarity of this is that some of the sheets will not need to be "Unchecked"...

Problem with "New Message to Contact"
I've created an Exchange public folder, which contains 50 contact folders. (This allows us to allow different regions access to just their customers.) I want to send a mail message to a group of customers. So I highlight all the contacts with e-mail addresses, go to the Actions menu and choose "New Message to Contact". I get the following error: "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." I am the owner of the folder! This method works in a different Exchange public folder, just not in our customer folders. It does...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Tools.Customize.Commands.Modify Selection (doesn't)
I have a macro (I wrote) that is listed with the project name (and the project name appears on my button) and despite following (what I believe are) the instructions for renaming it the "Modify Selection" button in the Tools.Customize.Commands dialog box is never enabled and I can't rename it. It's Outlook 2000 if that matters. Thanks, Tom ...

Learning C# properties from O'Relly book
In a simple time class, int hour /* public int Hour // This works { get { return hour; } set { hour = value; } } */ // Automatic property? public int Hour { get; set; } // This doesn't set hour ! // Client code Time t = new Time(now); int theHour = t.Hour; Console.WriteLine("\nRetrieved the hour: {0}\n", theHour); theHour++; Console.WriteLine("\nUpdated the hour: {0}\n", theHour); Michael Hanson wrote: > [...] > // Automatic property? > public int Hour { get; set; } // This doesn't set hour ! W...

Nz & Dlookup problem
I keep getting the #Error in my text box. What is wrong with this syntax? =Nz(DLookUp("[Affiliation]","tblFaculty","[FacID] =" & [Outside]),"") Check the Dlookup 1. Check if the name are correct 2. If FacID field is a text field and not numeric, add a single quote before and after the criteria DLookUp("[Affiliation]","tblFaculty","[FacID] ='" & [Outside] & "'") 3. In any case, try running the dlookup without the text box using the Immidate windows (press Ctrl+g) and then type ?DLookUp(&qu...

Fore Color Field Problem
Hi I have problem with fields from the main form that thier value is from a subform query subtotal result - after the main form is open I changed the fore color to red and I saw that with the debugger but when I open the main form I see that the fore color of the fields is black again. I don't know what is the cause for changing of the fields for color from red to black again. Can you please help me with that? Thanks On May 5, 2:31 pm, hmadyson <hmady...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I think that this is going to be tricky to solve without seeing your > application, ...

Rootkit author offer fix for MS patch problem
"According to security vendor Prevx, the authors of the rootkit which was the cause of a large number of unbootable systems which applied the MS10-015 patch issued last week have issued a patch to fix the incompatibility." http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/2010/02/rootkit_authors_issue_patch_fo.php All your roots belong to us... HeyBub wrote: > "According to security vendor Prevx, the authors of the rootkit which > was the cause of a large number of unbootable systems which applied > the MS10-015 patch issued last week have issued a patch to fix t...