macro #5

 i want to make a macro record saving a file but it has to
be differnet name file on the sheet. example if i change
the name on the cell the save got to be the same name too
when i click on save the macro would be asign to a picture.

0
anonymous (74722)

try

activeworkbook.SaveAs Filename:=range("a1")

"guest" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i want to make a macro record saving a file but it has to
> be differnet name file on the sheet. example if i change
> the name on the cell the save got to be the same name too
> when i click on save the macro would be asign to a picture.

0
Don

Outlook XP Cannot Access Exchange 5.5
Hi all, We are currently migrating our outlook clients from 2000 to XP. But with some users (1 out of 10) cannot access there mailbox, on our exchange 5.5 SP server, with Outlook XP. They get a dialog asking them for there username and password. When you type in nothing happens no error, you just have retype the password. If they use Outlook 2000 they can there mailbox just fine. I have found MS KB 297781 "You Repeatedly Receive a Prompt for Credentials When You Log On to the E-mail Server" But this seems to be only if access with a pop3 account. Is this a know problem?...

Macro to keep 15 specific records and delete everything else.
Hi Gang, I work inventory control for a company in Texas and have to check stock levels for around 15 parts daily. The download for these parts contain an additional 1000 other rows of part numbers I dont need. I have used Excel macros in the past that delete rows based on specific criteria but how do I do the reverse? Essentially use an Excel macro that says "keep these 15 specific part numbers" but delete everything else that isnt them. I posted this question mistakenly in an Access forum so my aplogies if this looks like a double post. Your help is greatly appreciated. Sam...

Can't connect to 5.5 during forestprep
While running forestprep in my root domain (Exchange 5.5 resides in another trusted domain), I received this message: "Setup encountered an error while attempting to bind to the Exchange server "servernamehere": 0XC103FC93(64659): Could not bind to the Microsoft Exchange Directory server servernamehere. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond." Any ideas? Many thanks, Mark Here's an update - now I've gotten a little farther. It's telling me that I don't have permissions required to complete the operation. The plot thickens... I hav...

Exchange 5.5 Relay
I posted this earlier this week, but have done some research and can clarify my question. I found that my IMC queue is full of outgoing messages that appear to be spam (including the famous Paypal phishing scam). It seems obvious that my exchange 5.5 is being used as a relay. The reading I have done has left me questioning what would be the BEST way to stop this from happening, since there is a lot of advice on this issue. This exchange server is 5 yrs old, slow, and low on disk space (just above 1gb left. So this is constantly filling up my log files. Can anyone give me advice o...

I have 5,00 images that need renamed to part numbers
I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but globally with these part #'s? On 2/1/10 4:01 PM, Elizabeth wrote: > I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an > excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but > globally with these part #'s? This seems like something that you could do with VBA as long as there is a way to identify the new name from the old name (is the old name listed in the Excel ...

Merged Cells #5
Is there some way to find which cells are merged without having to look at each cell? Sometimes I want to move or delete cells and it says" cannot move part of merged cell" or something like that, but it does not show me which cell is merged. Hi Terry, I am not aware of any inbuilt method for displaying merged cells. One possibility would be to use a macro like the following which will select (and therefore temporarily highlight) merged cells. As written, the macro will select all merged cells in the selected range. If the selection comprises a single cell, all merged cell...

Macro help: Adding Specified Blank Formatted Rows Automatically?
How do I make a macro that will prompt with a dialog box to copy the rows a certain number of times. For example, if I have 2 rows of data and I want to be able to specified any number of copies of the 2 rows blank without the data but maintain the formats (colors, condition, formulas, code, etc.). I want to add the rows to the existing worksheet. Also, I would want to this macro to be flexible to maintain it�s function if I add or delete columns from the chart. See sample chart File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=279064 (question5 sample1.xls) ----------------...

Scripting mass folder creation within Exchange 5.5 mailbox
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has heard of a way to script the creation of a folder within every user's mailbox on Exchange server 5.5? I am trying to put filtered SPAM into a "Junk" folder within a users mailbox and then set a rule to delete all content with 30 days if unread. Of course there can be no user interaction for the process, and I'd like to do it from the server side. All ideas are welcome, except calling MS, already did. Thanks in advance, John Just an FYI that if you "ever" go to Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 a "Junk E-mail" folder is...

Excel 2004 security upgrade effect on macros

5.1.1 NDRs for newer users
I have a problem that I have been unable to resolve with my newer users. Users created roughly since the first of the year are having difficulty receiving e-mails. Intermittently (and more frequently with some users than others), senders receive back a 5.1.1 Non-Delivery Report (The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address). After extensive tweaking, reconfiguring, etc., I am left with the following error messages that I have been unable to resolve and that I...

IMAPS on Exchange 5.5
Hello NG, does the Exchange 5.5 understand the handling of secure IMAP? Or do i have to upgrade the server for that? Thanx for any help. It supports IMAP over SSL. See article 175439 for more information. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. "Testament" <Testament@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D526D56E-6AC1-40C5-8452-6FDBC218AA06@microsoft.com... > Hello NG, > > does the Exchange 5.5 understand the handling of secure IM...

Macro to merge cells of the same colour/pattern index
Hi guys, I am hoping that some one here can help me, First off i have a very, very basic knowledge of excel and vba so please bear with me and i will try to describe what it is i am trying to do as best as possible. I have a worksheet that has a list of equipment down the left hand side and week numbers going across the top 1 to 52. The spreadsheet is essentially a plan of what equipment is being used by certain processes, represented by coloured or patterned formatted cells in the weeks they will be in use. Kind of like a gantt chart. Currently i have a spreadsheet were i...

VBA Macro: Word 2003 (FormFields)
Hi, I have a question on how to capture a hyperlink that is inserted behind a checked FormField (type Checkbox). The idea is to create some sort of index page with checkboxes, which will summarize a number of hyperlinks (which point towards several files on the company network). A button will print out all of the CHECKED checkboxes. I'm not able to achieve this. This is my code so far: Private Sub PrintButton_Click() For x = 1 To ActiveDocument.FormFields.Count If ActiveDocument.FormFields(x).Type = wdFieldFormCheckBox Then If ActiveDocume...

How can force enable macros to be able to open my workbook?
I would like to be able to force employees to enable macros for a certain workbook or it will not let them open the workbook. And maybe put a password on it so if i would like to modify the workbook without the macros enabled. set up the workbook so that the only sheet showing is one with a message which says "You must enable macros for this workbook to work." in a large obvious font. Have the workbook password protected and all sheets veryhidden. In the workbook_Open event, hid that message-sheet & display the sheets which you'd need to have visible. So, if the user disab...

Two mailbox stores on same Raid 5 set
I have a slight problem, I need to set email quotas on two different types of users. Is my best bet to create two mailbox stores, and if so will it be ok to use the same RAID 5 drive set for both? I don't have enough drives to be able to put them on seperate ones. I do have my transaction logs stored on a different set of disks however. I only have about 600 users. Also, if this isn't possible, is there a command line utility to change users' exchange properties in active directory? Thanks! Yes it is ok to have both MB stores on the same RAID 5 set, it is MOST import...

Macro in Excel 2000
During opening Excel file is displaying message about contains macro. Excel give two posibility: open with or without macro. After opening with macro, I can't see it in macros list (Tools/Macro/Macros). How I can check this macro and how I can delete it ?? Go to the VB IDE (Alt-F11) If the workbook has modules, select it, then remove it (File>Remove Module1). Say no to exporting. Then click on ThisWorkbook, and each Sheet listed to see if there is any code there, if so delete it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Marcin_71" <Marcin71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Help with vba autorunning macro?
Hello, How do I automate (write code in Access) to tell it to run a macro I had created in Access everyday at 6AM? I tried using Windows XP Task Scheduler, but it didn't work. Any help is appreciated. THanks What does "it didn't work" mean in the context of trying to use Task Scheduler? What command line did you try? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele Co-author: Access 2010 Solutions, published by Wiley (no e-mails, please!) "Cam" <Cam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99EABB88-3DDA-...

a macro to PROPER text
I would like a macro that would set the "proper" format for the cell selected. Thanks Hi Sub SetProper() Dim c As Range For Each c In Selection c.Value = WorksheetFunction.Proper(c.Value) Next End Sub -- Regards Roger Govier "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC3A20F6-4A19-4D8D-B2D5-655BCB12B644@microsoft.com... > I would like a macro that would set the "proper" format for the cell > selected. > Thanks Thanks. That worked very well. I had thought that to use this macro I could replace &quo...

excel macros truncating tabs for hidden columns.
Hi, I have written VBA macros in Excel 2003 to generate a tab delimited text file.I have some hidden columns as well and the file is being generated fine with extra tabs for the hidden columns.Howvever for line numbers >= 1985 the hidden columns are being truncated as in these extra tabs are not being generated. i process the file in my VB 6.0 application wherein i check the number of tab delimited columns that are being generated. for line number>= 1985, the application gives me an error :"Invalid file format". What is it that i am missing here!!! ...

Why show Enable/Disable macro prompt after I deleted all macros?
Hi, I used to have some macros in my excel which I deleted. Now I still get the Enable/disable macro prompt and the Personal workbook (where the macros were) keep opening- it's irritating, how do i stop both?. I want to keep my security settings as it is. Thanks You probably still have a module or modules in the VB Editor. Go to the VB editor and right click on any modules and select delete, when asked if you want to export data, select no. HTH Regards, Howard "m123" <m123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14116171-55E6-4A25-BF8F-FF...

Excel File Rename Macro Help!
Hello All! Daily csv files are dumped into a shared folder and i have written a macro that goes into that folder and automatically pull in data to put it in microsoft access tables. What i want to do next is after importing the data into access, rename those files to include dates and times. This import runs every morning so whenever a new csv is dumped in there, my macro will run the newest ones and avoid the past ones. Any ideas guys? I guess im looking for a rename macro sql script. Please see below script. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Dim fso As Object, fol As Object, fils...

A little macro help?
I would like to use a macro to copy and repeat lines 'X' times on a new page. To find out how many times each row is to be copied, the number is provided in the last column ('C' in this case) of a spreadsheet. Sample data for start point: Lastname First Name Qty Smith John 3 Hank Aaron 5 Result required on new sheet in same spreadsheet: Lastname First Name Smith John Smith John Smith John Hank Aaron Hank Aaron Hank Aaron Hank Aaron Hank Aaron Can someone provide some macro code that will create the number of required rows on a new sheet called 'list' within th...

Problem when running the sample data macro
In order to install PA I´m trying to install sample data from the Project Accounting Sample Data.mac for the Great Plains sample company. So I can learn how to use it myself. But when the macro is running we have the following message and the macro process stops: "An unexpected modal dialog appeared. (Line# 5480 )" Could someone help me about this? It is quite important for me to implement PA module. So I will appreciate if you can help me to run this macro properly. Regards There are some important things to do prior to running the macro. 1. Make sure the tax tables...

adding more code to an existing macro
Many thanks to those who helped me last week with my question of assigning macro to checkboxes. I now have a new related question. I am trying to add some new commands to the undo portion of my checkbox macro and just tried to copy in the new code next to what I already had, but I keep getting error messages. This is the code for the new actions: Range("G15").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("I15").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("C15").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[4]*RC[6]" Range("D15").Select When ...

Out of Office Assistant and Exchange 5.5
I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with approx 40 Outlook 2000 clients. With some clients the Out of Office Assistant works perfectly and with some even though it turns on, the text portion is not saved and no auto reply is sent for incoming mail. This is the same for both internal and external mail. As far as I can tell there is no difference between the mailbox accounts not the outlook settings. Anyone got any ideas???? ...