Lotus 123 print, formula, format, ect

How can I get Excel to emulate Lotus 123 commands such as: print range, + - (formula) range, move information and calulatons.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hiding formulas
I've finsihed my spreadsheet and I'm able to lock the cells I don't want people to mess with. How do I hide the formulas? Also, my workbook has more than one sheet. Can I hide formulas in one sheet, but not the other, etc.? The same would go for locking cells. Thanks On Nov 13, 4:27 pm, Drake <Dr...@Drake37.org> wrote: > I've finsihed my spreadsheet and I'm able to lock the cells I don't > want people to mess with. > > How do I hide the formulas? > > Also, my workbook has more than one sheet. Can I hide formulas in one > sheet, but not ...

printing colors in gray on laser
I'm not sure if this is a Publisher issue or a printer problem, but on the off chance that it IS Publisher, I know someone here will know that and might even have an answer. I have a Publisher file that has gray text in it and when I print it on a laser printer the text comes out solid black. I used to print in gray all the time and I'm not sure when this problem started (since the new version of Publisher [we just got 2003] or since my printer driver got updated). Does anyone have any idea how I can print text in gray? Thanks!! Check your printer settings. It may be in there...

need a formula 11-15-09
need to find the formula for b3 is 8 hrs c3 = -.50min / b3 is less than 8hrs c3 -.25 example b3 8. hrs c3 7.5 hrs / b3 6. hrs c3 5.75 Terry: take a big breath and retype this slowly using punctuation and line feeds. We do want to help but this makes no sense to me Unlike cell phone text messages, there is no word-count cost. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0B8990-E7EE-4FF7-9FE1-5577D1DBF3EE@microsoft.com... > need to find the formula f...

How do I save a Word doc to the epub format?
Is there a download for this? Try Google: epub format... Roughly 1,000,000 hits :-) Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/23/10 3:03 PM, in article 114A1769-E1F2-4EE1-A44E-38E2643F7699@microsoft.com, "Arnold" <Arnold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a download for this? ...

Problems Printing a Linked Word document
I am having trouble printing a word document that has linked excel tables in it. When I print the document, some of the linked excel tables get skewed and distorted. However, they look normal on screen. What causes this? How can I fix it? -- jc ...

Outlook vs. Lotus Notes in macros
One problem... we use Lotus Notes can I just replace LotusNotes where it says Outlook? "Gary Brown" wrote: > Use Windows Scheduled Tasks to run your macro at specific times/days. > The basics of the macro would be something like this.... > > '/========================================/ > ' Sub Purpose: example of how to send a file attachment > ' Requires reference to Microsoft Outlook > '/========================================/ > ' > Public Sub SendTheEmail() > Dim olApp As Outlook.Application ...

HOW CAN i DEVELOP A FORMULA THAT RESTRICY SYMBOLS CHARACTERS TO B
I am trying to developt a formula that restrict symbol characters to be entred as data, help me! This will limit data entry to alphanumeric characters: =SUMPRODUCT((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)>="A")*(MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)<="Z")+ISNUMBER(-MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("$1:$"&LEN(A1))),1)))=LEN(A1) Are there any other characters which you may wish to enter? Steve D. "Rodrjua" <Rodrjua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61E5CBBC-B00E-4BCF-B46D-8A9B5D247836@micr...

Turning off all Automatic Formatting in Excel 2003
Hi Is there any way of turning off all automatic formatting in Excel 2003? For example Excel automatically changes strings such as 1-12 in a CSV file to 1-Dec, 10-10-2005 to 10/10/2005 and strings of numbers to an exponential representation. These changes are preserved when saving the file and thus corrupting it, preventing any other applications from reading it. I know you can import CSVs changing all the fields to text using the data import option, however reopening it and saving causes Excel to make the same changes again. Any suggestions would be really appreciated as this is caus...

CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive
Hi, When I'm trying to instal MSCRM Integration with Great Plains v. 1.2 results in this error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive. Please resolve the issue and re-start setup -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The integration server is running on Win 2000 Server SP4. The system partition and hard drive already using NTFS file system. Any suggestions? Thanx, David ...

Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed
I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio rates. We had a 2 rate plan. If sales were below a certail threshol then apply this rate and if above apply this rate. I used an IF/THE formula. We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur how to create a formula to reflect this. Please advise.. thanks dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you now have a rate, use VLOOKUP. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg <<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Will a formula do what I want?
Using: Excel 2000, on Windows 98 I'm hoping that someone on here can possibly help me. I have basi Excel knowledge, but this is out of my skill set. My boss has given me a project to work on, in which I have a workboo with two worksheets that I am dealing with. The worksheets are labelle PRICE and SUMMARY. On the PRICE sheet, I have several columns. Column A lists the produc name, Columns E list the per page charge for the *red* program, an Column G lists the per page charge for the *blue* program. Those ar the columns we will be dealing with. All specific information on thi page st...

Macro to Print labels in Word
Does anybody know of an Outlook (2003) macro that has been written to print labels in Word (2003)? If there is one, it might be listed at http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm . You can also just use a mail merge, you know. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Bob S" <drbobsing@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ehiHZJeXEHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of an Outlook (2003) macro that has been ...

how do I print multiple print areas on one page
I have a wide worksheet that is not very deep i.e. lots of columns but not many rows. I have it in landscape but it is still too wide to go on one page. I would like to be able to print the right hand side of the worksheet underneath the left hand side of the worksheet, on one page, rather than having to print out two pages. Is this possible? This is a common question. The only way to do this is to create what you want printed. In other words, copy all of your data to a blank sheet, then cut/paste to get what you want, then print it. You can do this with a macro and nev...

formula field: don't display anything when value is zero (using ;"
hello, I read this under the topic "How to get a formula field to total an entire table column, even if some cells in the column contain text or are blank" on the MVP-site and can't get it to work. I'm interested in the final bit, using ;"" Does anyone know how to do this? <start quotation>... Then in the total cell, press Ctrl+F9, and within the field braces {}, insert the following formula: { SUM(Table1 F:F) \# "#,##0.00;- #,##0.00;''" } “Table1” in the formula refers to the name of the bookmark you've marked the ...

Excel 2002 annoyance
Greetings List I am using Excel XP amd Access XP I regularly run queries in Access and cut and paste the results into a new Excel spreadsheet. The Access data is usually formatted numeric, fixed, zero decimal places. Once pasted into Excel, it gains 2 decimal places and I get the little green triangle in each cell inviting me to convert to numeric of error check etc. Can anyone think of a way to retain the numeric formatting from the MS Access data? Regards George ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet mess...

Stop Chart Style (Format) Update
Hi TWIMC, I'm using Excel 2000 and I have a pivot table that aggregates data based on REGION, COUNTRY, ZONE etc etc. Once I have set up the chart they way that I would like it to look, if I then make a change to the selection using the pivot chart buttons, e.g. I select a country and the chart re-formats itself back to what appears to be the default style. I've set my chart style to the default but it still doesn't keep my chart style. What I want is that the chart style remains the same but the new values are just plotted onto the chart. I'm sure there is an option to turn ...

Printing checks...
Is there any way to get Money 2005 to print the account number stored for the Payee on a check without always having to type it into the memo field? Not in Mv1, not in M05. "Jason Mallory" <jason_mallory@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:3fe801c4a4fb$64c07ea0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get Money 2005 to print the account > number stored for the Payee on a check without always > having to type it into the memo field? you can put it in the payee address field. It will stay there and print in that location. You can add it to the address, if yo...

Format Problem #2
Hi how can i save an excel file to text file with out chainging the format. ie Excel file: adf 12 a 1 when i change this to text file the alighment changes like adf 12 a 1 so how can i solve this problem. i tryied many wayes and nothing work out properly. so if someone know this , plzz do help me. manikandan Try saving it as a "Formatted Text (Space delimited) (*.prn)" file. You may have to widen columns to make it look right. (And I like to change the font to Courier New--a nice non-proportional font. Then I can see how it'll line up.) manikandan wrote: > >...

Report Formatting & Writting
Hi Everyone, 1. I am just gettign to grips with writting .qrp reports in RMS and wondered if anyone knows if there is a WYSIWYG editor available to help speed up developement? 2. I want to be able to hightlight figures on reports in red if they are negative - is this possible? Tia 1) Nope, no WYSIWG editor. 2) No, you can't set the color, but you can use a standard VB Format String in the "ColFormat" field of the column definition. Here's teh MSDN Reference on number formats: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4fb56f4y.aspx Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulti...

Macros or converting Lotus 123 Macros to Excel
I am trying to convert several existing Lotus 123 macros and/or create a new macro in Excel. This is some old work I did several years ago that I am leveraging. The macro needs to copy the row where the cursor is positioned on the spreadsheet to a common row that is used to populate and print a Claim Form. Here is a macro I used in Lotus 123 a few years ago. /c{r 50}~printarea~ {GOTO}CLAIMNO~{?}{R}~{CALC} /ppr{claim}~agq What this macro does is: you select the row (claim) to be printed. When you initiate the macro it copies the 50 adjacent columns in the row and copies it into to...

copying numbers generated by formulas
Hello. I have a column that generated some numbers using formulas. Now that I have the numbers, I want to copy and paste the numbers elsewhere without copying and pasting the formulas. How do I do this? Thank you! Look at the Paste Option tag to the right of the cell you pasted into, click the down arrow, and select values or use paste special and select values. Ron "Rush" <Rush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1CC68E8-5E1A-4BCF-82E3-AFD27E7474C9@microsoft.com... > Hello. I have a column that generated some numbers using formulas. Now > that...

Printing in landscape
I have a spreadsheet that I have told in page set up to print in lanscape. Under options in the page set up it always goes back to portrait and when I click on landscape and then print preview, it still shows it in portrait. There was a dotted line between two columns where it was not supposed to be so I went to page break preview and moved the line to the end of the spread sheet (it's only four columns). It still will not print in lanscape no matter what i do. Any suggestions? Try printing from the File menu. When the Print dialog box appears click on the Properties... button oppos...

What's wrong in this formula???? #6
=G19*MIN(200,50+25*J19 This works great! Thank you so much! Could you maybe explain what this formula does? Thanks again! :cool -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27484 Perhaps you didn't see my original post or Ken Wright's post very early in this thread? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Ekser" <Ekser.1f799z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in ...

Printing A4 to A3
Hi, We currently have a HP 9800 printer, but for some reason the scaling function of this printer doesn't work in combination with our Publisher 2003 files. So when I try printing an A4 on an A3 page, it centers the A4 on the A3 page instead of increasing its size. We only have this problem in publisher, in every other program this scaling function works fine (word, powerpoint, photoshop, ... ), so it doesn't seem to be a printer driver problem. Is this a setting in publisher I've overlooked? Try HP's support. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex...

How do print a chart with smooth lines?
I am trying to paste a pie chart in PowerPoint and print a pie chart with smooth edges. Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks I've got the same question. Is there any way to smooth the lines? "AmyC79" wrote: > I am trying to paste a pie chart in PowerPoint and print a pie chart with > smooth edges. Does anyone know how this is done? > > Thanks The only workaround I could come up with was to draw an elipse over the pie chart. I set the color in the middle of the elipe to no fill and made the line thickness "2" to cover the jagged pie circle....