lost data when opening excel workbooks ; text import wizard popup

  When opening many of my excel files ,which all have the same modification
date, I come across the text import wizard which states that my text in these
files is 'delimited'. All of the files ,including a few word doc.s have had
their data changed to show all " y " with two dots above the letter for as
far as the eye can see. No import or export has been done with the files and
no modifications were done on that date, as far as I know.
Is this a corruption problem or is their some 'fix' that I am overlooking.
                  Thanks for any ideas.

0
L (105)

Excel 2007

data input in text box

MS Money 95 data files

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Sorting Data #5

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

No Warning When Transaction Edits Are Going To Be Lost
I don't know how many times I have finished editing a transaction, and then inadvertently clicked somewhere else, like up into the register to see a prior example, and lost all my edits. The real problem is that there is no notification from Money that I am about to lose all my edits, it just trashes them. Sure would be nice if Money asked me if I want to save the edits before discarding them, yes?? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

Planned Open Market Days

HELP! remote data not accessible msg