Losing sheet protection in read only mode

Hi
I have a workbook with 8 sheets which are all protected by a password (the
same one)
When i open the workbook normally, all sheets are protected, however if
someone else has the workbook open and i open it in read only mode, the
first sheet only is unprotected.(the rest are still protected)
Can anyone shed any light on this problem?
Paul.

How do i block or protect final date gantt?? 01-06-10
I Need block input in final date gantt, � how do it ? thanks, sorry foy my english i doesn't expert -- PaseEscolar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PaseEscolar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/166005.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290251.htm http://forums.techarena.in do you mean that you don't want the final date to shift? Have you tried taking a baseline and referring to the baseline date? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I Nee...

How to Restrict Users to view/go to Query Design/Sql mode in MDE/M
I want to secure my Access MDE file so that My users can not go to Design / SQL view of the query. Currently after opening query through command button provided by me on form , any user can press right click button & Go to design/Sql view of the query & fiddle with it. I want to keep enable right click mouse button but disable "Query Design" option. Like for forms & reports design option is not available after creation of MDE file. I am not in a position to use Security & group wizard provided by Access. Please Guide. Thanks . Girish Disabled the default short...

transfer cell $ amount to other sheet month-to-month without overc
I am trying to do a budget plan for an entire year going into the next. I am trying to have it transfer the savings ($ amout) of the current month to the next month and have the that saving be added to any possible savings of the next if it is to be. here is what i have in theary: If the item in cell "H30" is possitive but also greater than the item in cell "K42", show a savings and have it be transfered to the next month budget plan. is that a possible task? For the current sheet, to show the amount that will be transferred, =if(and(h30>0,h30>k32),h30-k32,0) ...

Protecting only certain cells in a worksheet
Hi. I have a template that where I want users to update certain cells only. I was able to accomplish this by protecting the worksheet while unlocking the cells that need to be updated. The problem is that the rows containing the unlocked cells are grouped. I want the user to be able to ungroup them if necessary. I have tried selecting the entire rows and unlocking them but seems the grouping thing still does not work. Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated. Regards, Sumit Khanna I think your only choice is to give users a macro to run that does the unmerging. The macro wou...

cell protection #7
I'm currently using MSworks that come with XP home. However I noticed that it does not support cell protection anymore so I'm planning to buy Excel but figured I'd better check first. Does in fact Excel have cell protection from overtyping your formulas? Hi! >Does in fact Excel have cell protection from overtyping >your formulas? Yes, but you have to apply that protection. It doesn't happen automatically. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I'm currently using MSworks that come with XP home. >However I noticed that it does not support cell protection...

Excel switches back to fisrt sheet in a file
I have run into a confusing issue. We have a dedicated NT4 PC that is used to log data. Our production personnel use it to enter data into Excel spreadsheets. Now the file has quite a few macros in it but for working with the data. All of a sudden what's happening is that if the spreadsheet is left open for any length of time, it will automatically always switch to the first sheet within the file. Say they normally enter data on Sheet3, if left alone Excel with switch to Sheet1. We aren't sure if someone has tampered with the file but all the macros are normally beyond their comprehen...

Outlook 2002 vs. 2003 Cached Mode
We have Exchange 2000 and are running some of our Outlook 2003 clients in Cached Mode. Is there a way to run Cached Mode in Outlook 2002? Nope. This is only available in Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Jennifer Auguston" <jeno@lynden.com> wrote in message news:035001c3c017$d53e0c20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > We have Exchange 2000 and are running some of our Outlook > 2003 clients in Cached Mode. Is there a way to run Cached > ...

Protecting certain cells #2
How can I lock only certain cells in excel. I dont want to lock the whole sheet, only the cells that have formulas in them. ...

How to remove $ from sheet name?
Hi, How can we remove the '$' after the sheet name?? I don't wanna program the name like parse it. Just simply rename it to a name without '$'. You want to get rid of all the $ signs: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wks As Worksheet For Each wks In Worksheets On Error Resume Next wks.Name = Application.Substitute(wks.Name, "$", "") If Err.Number <> 0 Then MsgBox "cannot rename: " & wks.Name Err.Clear End If On Error GoTo 0 Next wks End Sub ...

MIcrosoft Excel: should allow sheet increase by 1 on fill down
On the 'fill down' command Excel allows the increase by 1 for cell reference Exm: if one fills dowm from cell A1 which referes to cell B1, the result in cell A2 will refer to cell B2. This does not happen with reference to Sheets. Sheet numbers do not increase. Is it possible to add this option? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the M...

Password protected wordperfect document
Is there any way of opening a 1991 document - created in wordperfect - which had a password. I change dover to Word in 1995 but now need this doc again. It is now saved as a Word .doc but I get the message "cannot convert password protected documents". I have the passsword. Do I need to buy and install Wordperfect again to open it? What do you mean by 'it is now saved as a Word .doc'? My guess is that it has a doc filename extension, but it is still a Word Perfect document. You will need access to a copy of Word Perfect in order to remove the password before it...

Password Protect Hidden Columns
If I have columns that are hidden and there is a macro that is there that can unhide and hide the columns, how can I password protect the unhiding of the columns so they will only open with the correct password? Thanks for the help. I was working with a similar problem the other day. I have a sheet hidden, that I only want unhidden with a password. I can tell you what I did, but I don't quite know the code to hide a column, so I can't translate the code for you. Made a UserForm, with 2 textbox and 2 buttons. OK, and Cancel. The password and form name gets put in the text boxes,...

Turn Read Receipt of on Exchange Server
Environment, Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, fully patched (tmk). Clients are Windows XP, Office/Outlook 2000, again fully patched (tmk). When clients were on Windows 2000, they could deselect the Tracking Option - "Always sent a response". They are set to RTF message format. The boss REALLY wants this turned off, but the radials are all grayed out. I moved a pair of the clients to Windows XP (used Files and Setting Transfer Wizard to bring over settings) and the radials went gray. Clients are all pointing to the same Exchange server. I'd rather not spend any more of...

Maximum number of Sheets?
Just a quick question: - How many sheets can a work book have? The reason I am asking is that I have a very large spreadsheet that contains a nested Vlookup formula to return values from other workbooks. I am thinking of transfering all the sheets from the other workbooks to my main Spreadsheet to speed up the Vlookup process( which can take a very long time). They will be around 100 sheets. IS this possible Anthony Yes, that's possible. The number of sheets only depends on the amount of memory in your computer. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. &q...

Tally occurences of phrase on one sheet.
I have several sheets of information. What I'm looking to do is tally the occurences of a specific phrase "ABC" in one column, and place that tally on a separate sheet. Anyone have any ideas. The following code assumes that the data starts in column A, row 1 on a worksheet that is not Sheet3 and that the workbook has at least 3 worksheets. The macor is run while you are in the sheet containing the data you wish to count Sub CountABC() Dim varVal As Variant Dim lABCCount As Long Dim lOffset As Long Range("A1").Select varVal = ActiveCell...

How do you move an outlook folder elsewhere w/o losing the info
Using Microsoft outlook 2003, I've created several folders in outlook that are eating up my mailbox space how do I move them out of outlook elsewhere without losing the contents? "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DB08CE6-E53B-4CB7-8E0F-24B200C8BB38@microsoft.com... > Using Microsoft outlook 2003, I've created several folders in outlook that > are eating up my mailbox space how do I move them out of outlook elsewhere > without losing the contents? Are you on Exchange Server, or is your email POP? Archive them? "M...

HOWTO: Protecting a Document???
Hi... I'm still using Office XP (Word 2002). I'm just about finished making a FORM document which I plan to turn into a template (.DOT). I've turned on the "Forms Protect"... which moves the user around the "protected text" but I also want to disable anyone from changing the original .DOT itself (this will be a standard form and don't need some smart-ass altering something that I'm, ultimately, responsible for). I'm still GOOGLE'g but... how can I allow a user to OPEN this file to enter data/check boxes into the FORM FIELDS......

hide columns on a protected sheet
When using MS Excel 2003: I have turned on "Protect Sheet" to protect some formulas/Cells from being deleted/changed. Prior to turning on protection I unlocked the cells that I wanted users to be able to edit. What I don't see on the "Protect Sheet" menu is an option to "Hide Columns" Do you know of any way that I can allow users to do this, without turning off the protection in MS Excel 2003? aww i figured it out.... "Rose" wrote: > When using MS Excel 2003: I have turned on "Protect Sheet" to protect some &...

Sheets not shoowing
Hi I sent a spreadsheet to my colleague and he can't see the sheets at the bottom. When I open the attachment I can see them, I've tried re-sending - this doesn't work he's also tried going to Tools|Options|View and ticking the sheet tabs but this doesn't work either, any suggestions? Thanks Jen I'd try: Window|arrange|tiled and tell them to resize the window jen2018 wrote: > > Hi > > I sent a spreadsheet to my colleague and he can't see the sheets at the > bottom. When I open the attachment I can see them, I've tried ...

pw protected for two sep. users.
There are two ppl , on my computer. Before we buy money 2004 del., we want to know, for budget, and everything else, can we password it so I can not see their budgets and acc's and they can not see mine? If not, is there a programe that does that? If not, do I need to get two programs of money , one for each of us? thank you Kathy Hi Kathy, This should work the way you want it to. You would each need to create your own Money file, and then password protect them. You'd then just make sure you open your own Money file using File, Open, or by choosing your file name from the File...

2005 didn't crash, 2006 and 2007 do
My system is up to date with Microsoft Update EXCEPT I am using IE6 (not IE7). I've also just uninstalled CitiVAN because I read some reports in this newsgroup about problems with Money and CitiVAN. It's XPSP2. Right now, I've uninstalled 2007 and installed 2006. It will crash even in safe mode if I select File.Repair. When I run safe mode with networking or boot normally, even if I request to work offline, it will crash about 30-60 seconds after starting, even if I do nothing. One second I'm looking at the "My Money" home page, and the next, it's gone...

counter problem(you really want to read this) #2
i have a workbook that contains two sheets. Sheet one contains a list of names. Each name references an information sheet for that name. I wish to collect data for each name for a specified number of days "x". When that number of days is met, then I wish to click on a button on the toolbar to delete some number "x" of days of data from 1 - "x" including "x". I wish to do this to make the data more current hence meaningful ...

Word attachments from Outlook are read only unless dragged
Attachments are from Outlook 2003 They open in Word 2003 (11.5604.5606) WinXP. All word attachments which I open from Outlook open in word ok, however they are all read only. None of the attachments are being sent read only, and I do not get a dialog box in word giving me the opportunity to make the document editable. I have been told that this is an Outlook problem, not a word problem. If I drag the attachment to the desktop, and then open it - it opens satisfactorily (not read only). Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond. Thanx, y'all have a nice day! Retired to Cybersp...

Outlook 2003: Can't modify attachments because they are read only
Outlook 2003 is opening attachments as read only. As a result, you cannot modify the attachment within the email and must save it locally first. A couple notes: 1. The attachment was verified to not be marked as read only when it was attached to the email. 2. If you save the attachment before opening it, it will save without being in read only status. 3. If you open the attachment just once, until you delete it from it's hidden location in temporary internet files, it will be marked as read only. As such, any time you attempt to save it to a local directory like My Documents, it...

How to trap file reading and writing in Shared Folder over a Network in my VC program?
Hi, How to trap file reading and writing in Shared Folder over a Network for Workgroups in Windows? Thanks. ...