losing format when e-mailed

Hi,
Hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong:

When a user sends a selection of a spreadsheet via Outlook, the receipient
is complaining that the selection is received in a mess, meaning the format
of the selection is not kept.

Cells are truncated. Coulmns of numbers are not aligned as they were.

How can I stop this from happening? This is annoying...

Thanks.

Ed

0
me1 (409)

E-mail compression error and restore question
I hope this is the right place to ask this. I run Vista Home Premium and have Windows Home and Student. I use Windows mail. During a mail compression I got an error saying that the program was in use and an error had occurred. All of the e-mails were lost but there was some kind of automatic e-mail restoration. I was able to retreive what I needed from a restore e-mail folder. My question -- There are now a bunch of files in my trash bin relating to the restored e-mails. They showed up there by themselves. When I click on them they are listed as restored Windows Mail file...

Mail rules... subject line...
I have created mail rules which eliminate 90% of my SPAM ending up in the Inbox. Some inigenious SPAMMERS use character set code in the subject line in order to fool the keyword rules (=?ISO-8859-1?B?U2FtcGxlIFNpbGRlbmFmaWwgQ2l0cmF0ZQ==?=) This appears in my Inbox with a subject reading: "Sample Sildnafil Citrate" QUESTION: Is there a way to stop Outlook / Outlook Express from accepting character sets in the subject of an email? I know someone who knows more than I will know the answer to this. Thank you for your replies! Allan allan@KEEPYOURSPAMvidcom.org (remove the keepyou...

Excel 2007 weird formatting issues
Does anyone here use Excel 2007 already? I began using it and when I tried to do my favorite border with dropped shadow, there was no longer such option in Excel 2007. Instead I can choose to create a rectangle box (Inser -> Illustrations -> Shapes -> Rectangle Box). However, the only way to have a dropped shadow is to have a solid filled box (which of course covers the cells underneath). If you don't choose solid fill then you are going to see shadows not only on bottom and right but also on top and left which makes the rectangle box look weird. Whatever happened to the regul...

How to automatically delte junk sender's mail?
Hi, I am used to the way OE remving the e-mails from junk senders, it was automatic. Using Outlook is another story. After adding someone into junk sender, outlook does not delete/block the mail for me. What did I do wrong? Thanks | What did I do wrong? You failed to post your version of Outlook, which is required for an intelligent answer since the different versions offer different solutions. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be d...

POP3 (INCOMING MAIL NOT WORKING) Microsoft small business 2007
Hi I am having a promblem with Microsoft Small Business 2007 OUTLOOK not getting INCOMING MAIL .It was working Perfect just stopped with no Error .I did confirm with my ISP if there server was down or any Changes .I even delete the Accounts and restarted the Computer and recreate the New Accounts but still .I check my Firewall and Exception as well iu even Uninstall my Antivirus as well was thinking that was causing from the latest Update for some Reason .Kindly someone can Advice me ? Thanks "Veeshal" <Veeshal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Date Format #18
Greetings, I got a workbook that was done on English PC, but the ender user wil be using thier PC with Spanish setting, the issue is the date format i English is (mm/dd/yy) MONTH, DAY, YEAR but in Spainsh it's (dd/mm/aa DIA, MES, ANO . . . the main problem is the "YY" (YEAR) vs "AA" (ANO if a spanish PC is used and a date is entered it will cuase a erro like this "JAN-01-YYYY". 1- If there a way to force an English date format in this workbook an turn back Spanish. 2- Is there a VB solution to this. 3- I should I resort to a DATE forumla, e.g. drop box...

Losing Favorite Folders selections
I have 2003 Outlook running on my PC and laptop. Everything appears to be working fine on the laptop, but the PC installation loses the favorite files selections every time I open the application. Any ideas? Frank Do you have Outlook set to open to the Folders view or the Mail view? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Frank Zilm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: ...

How do I resolve too many different formats in a spreadsheet?
Iam trying to enter more data into a spreadsheet and the above message keep on poping up and it is not allowing me to get on with any more entries. Can you help me resolve this please?. Hi D, See MSKB Article # 213904: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 --- Regards, Norman "Samp D" <Samp D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B1582E3-6055-4200-8A1D-12BBF4B2666A@microsoft.com... > Iam trying to enter more data into a spreadsheet and the above message > keep > on poping up and it is not allowing me to get on with ...

e-mailing purchase orders
I need info on how to e-mail purchase requsitions in PDF format. Before opening the purchase order entry window, change your printer to the PDF writer you are using (we use Adobe Acrobat 6.0, and its PDF printer is called "Adobe PDF"). Then open/enter your PO, and print it to the printer (or to the screen and then to the printer). We email all of our PO's and many of our invoices this way. HTH "Sandra" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:122301c4b22e$e08d4190$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need info on how to e-mail purchase requsitions...

"Allow Microsoft Dynamics CRM to send e-mail using CRM for Outlook
CRM 4: Is there a way to set this to "Checked" for all users by default? I can't seem to find where CRM is storing it in the database. Thanks. Hi emon, I think that's a registry setting on the user's worksation, as it relates to CRM for Outlook. you can read this article... http://blogs.salentica.com/direland/2009/09/21/pushing-crm-for-outlook-settings-to-the-masses/ Maybe you could push the registry change out somehow. Dave > CRM 4: Is there a way to set this to "Checked" for all users by > default? I can't seem to find where CRM is storing...

outlook express as default mail handler
My office uses Outlook Express for email. I could switch to Outlook. Here's the problem: I can't get Outlook Express to become the default so my PDA will pick up the email. Tried Tools, Options, etc. Click on default and then click ok and then it goes right back to not being the default. I don't understand why. I'd rather keep using Outlook Express. If I give up on OE and try for Outlook and try importing the mail info/addresses from OE, I get an error message which says it's creating an Outlook.exe error log and drops out of the import. I can't find the log....

Cannot send mail to Public Folder
I have an existing 2003 Exchange Organization that consists of two servers. One server is a front-end for OWA access and the other is for public and private info stores. I added another server in a remote site for private info stores. I intially decided to replicate public folders over a T1 WAN link to the new server but found the replication bandwidth needed to was to high for our VoIP network. Public folder replication was impacting call quality and call setup. So I attempted to kill replication between the two servers and that's when I ran into problems. I had to call Microsoft to assis...

How to convert Pegasus Mail to Outlook 2003?
I need to convert folders and messages with attachments and address books to Outlook. I want to keep all the original message dates. I've searched but can't find any utilities to do this. Anyone help? TIA, Rich Have you looked through the options Pegasus mail offers for export? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Rich asked: | I need to convert folders and messages with attachments and address | books to Ou...

sending e-mails from outlook
the message I am getting now is the imap server has issued and unrecognized greeting??? Nothing being sent -- Joanne ...

How do put a group of addressee's into one batch to all receive e-
I have a committee and want to inform all of an upcoming meeting. How do I put all the committee members into an address where I click one time and have all of them receive the e-mail? make a Distribution List of them in your Contacts. jkundert wrote: > I have a committee and want to inform all of an upcoming meeting. How do I > put all the committee members into an address where I click one time and have > all of them receive the e-mail? "jkundert" <jkundert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67F9568C-65C2-4543-8892-4C0A3E35947D...

"Dude where's my money" E-Mails?
I keep getting E-mails from a spammer with the subject "Dude wheres my money" I keep blocking the address but thats not stopping the e-mails. Is there something else I can do, and has anyone heard of this. I get them all the time and I use SpamBayes to put them in the junk email folder. I then right click and empty the folder without looking at any messages. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

oulook sends mail by itself
the problem is it sends before I even have the chance to=20 type anything, it totally acts on its own, sometimes it=20 allows me to type 1 word and sometimes a few sentences=20 and then sometimes it sends when I hit the reply button=20 on a piece of mail I recieved. >-----Original Message----- >The obvious solution is to hit save when you think you=20 have finished a piece >of mail. This will save it to your drafts folder or=20 your in-box. then, >when you are sure you want to send the mail, hit the=20 send button. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] >peter beu...

how to mark mail as read
i must have inadvertently changed a setting. i used to open an email and when i closed it the icon changed to reflect that the email had been read, now the unread icon remains even after i open the email. where is the toggle for this.....tia could it be certain emails? i just tried an unread one from the deleted folder and it worked normally, i even moved it to the inbox and it worked as advertised. On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 18:15:12 -0600, sstovall3@aol.com wrote: >i must have inadvertently changed a setting. i used to open an email >and when i closed it the icon changed to reflect that...

Need help with Conditional Formating
I have a cell with a formula that references two other cells (=LOOKUP(CONCATENATE(D6,E6),$V$1:$W$9)). If the two cells, D6 and E6 both contains the value of "H", then I want to format F6 to be Bold and Red. I have tried this: Cell Value is Equal to =AND(D6="H",E6="H") but it is not working. I have also tried: Formula Is =AND(D6="H",E6="H"), still no go. Can anyone help, point me in the right direction? Your "formula is" version worked for me. Are you sure you set the format? Axel Van Kampen wrote: > > I have a cell wi...

Cell Formatting Defaults To Scientific
Hi I have a spreadsheet that a user is having problems with. One of the columns contains a job name which is made up of numbers and letters. If I enter 7E1, it immediately formats the cell to Scientific and turns the information into 7.00E+01 Even if I go in and format the cells to General and try to re-enter the details, it does exactly the same. Is there a way to stop this happening. Regards Formatting to General doesn't help, as you've found. Either format the cell as TEXT before you enter the data, or precede the data with an apostrophe. -- David Bid...

junk mail Exchange 2003
I have turned on the junkmail feature in Exchange 2003 web access. The junk mail folder shows up on my desktop copy of outlook, but no mail is getting directed there. Anyone know why this would be? Thanks As far as I know, you have to have a server-side spam filter, like the new (free) Intelligent Message Filter installed on the server side for the junk mail filtering to work under Outlook Web Access. Outlook 2003 has its own junk mail filtering built in. >-----Original Message----- >I have turned on the junkmail feature in Exchange 2003 web access. The junk >mail folder show...

I can't recieve new mail from one contact
I can't recieve new mail from one specific contact. I can recieve replys from him but any new messages that he sends do not go through. We have redone the address in the address book but this dod not help. Any thoughts? "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:940407C9-8272-42BA-8524-13C1773AA843@microsoft.com... > I can't recieve new mail from one specific contact. I can recieve replys > from him but any new messages that he sends do not go through. We have > redone the address in the address book but this dod not help. ...

Conditional format when #N/A
Hi, I have a Vlookup function in column H of a worksheet (which is written in code as part of a macro). I want to do conditional formatting if the vlookup result is #N/A (which I would also like to be part of my macro). I need to do this for all the cells in column H, not just one specific cell. In the worksheet, I may or may not have a #N/A to highlight. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED...as I have been trying to figure this out for 3 hours now. Thanks, Sara if(iserror(vlookup(blah blah blah),1,vlookup(blah blah blah)) basically, this changes teh result of the formula to 1 ...

Outlook 2003 Junk Mail Update
I'm looking for the July 2004 update to Outlook's Junk Mail spam filter. I know it exists, because I downloaded it shortly after it was released. But now I can't seem to find it again. All the links to it from other sites on the web are broken. Did MS pull it down for some reason? Or was it moved and I just can't find it anymore? Also, does anybody know what Microsoft's release schedule for Junk Mail updates? I would like to see them update it every few weeks, but it seems that so far, updates have been sporadic at best. Thanks! Just run SP1 -- Outlook Profile ...

Date in numeric format
I am trying to format dates in a spreadsheet. These dates are in a mixed format. They change to a five digit format (for e.g. 06/03/2005 is represnted by a five digit no. - 38417). I am unable to sort the date because it is not in the correct format even if I change it to date. Is there any way I can convert these numbers back to the date format therefore allowing me to sort them. Mnay thanks in advance -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Dates are just numbers with a special representation in the spreadsheet. Sorting should work regardless of how they are formatted. -- HTH Bo...