Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files

I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop.  I work
on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of
the formatting is lost.

I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp.  I wouldn't lose all
of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other
things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the
same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a
compatibility issue.

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

find action on log file

conditional formatting sort

File size #11

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Maximum file sizes

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error