Lookup sheet names in formulas

What function or instruction do I use to lookup a sheet name in
formula

--
digica
digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1492

Hi
see:

"digicat" wrote:

> What function or instruction do I use to lookup a sheet name in a
> formula?
>

> --
> digicat
> digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277352

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Formulas to (a) pull month, year and (b) sum within date range?
I have a list of dates in column A, and numbers down cols B-E. Off to the right, I need a table that lists the month/year and the totals for each of the columns. It needs to be a separate table, rather than a pivot table, so it can be copied-and-pasted by others. What I _think_ I need is: -- a formula in H2:H10 (maybe more) that will look down the full range of dates (call it A2:A100) and put one month/year per row >> H2 = 02/09 H3 = 03/09 H4 = 04/09 etc. -- a formula in I2 that will sum all entries in B2:B100 with the month and year of H2 I think I could get the secon...

lookup tables across two workbooks
Hi I have two workbooks to which i wish to do a lookup for. The first wookbook contains totals via subtotals as below A1 0741.702.113 B1 $250.00 C1 EXPENSES A5 0745.753.112 B5 $2510.00 C5 BANK FEES The other workbook contains a vlookup to get the dollar amount from the first workbook and inserts into the second workbook.(column 2) It appears it doesn't work because the first workbook is total made up of subtotals with the other rows being hidden. Do i have to use the vlookup combined with match etc?? or maybe the format is the problem?? Thankyou in advance Darr...

call-template name?
Is it possible to, for example: <xsl:variable name="thetemplate" test="props/prop[@key='templatestyle']/@value"/> <xsl:call-template name="$thetemplate"/> I tried {$template} as well. Comes back as invalid qname. Just curious if it is possible. If not I will use a choose construct. Cheers Keith Chadwick "Keith Chadwick" <kchadwick[nospam]@leewardsystems.com> wrote in message news:OhPJfERwDHA.1344@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to, for example: > > <xsl:variable name="thetemplate" > tes...

First name in GAL
When I open Outlook, then click on To, to create a new email, is there a way to have a particular users name listed first in the Global Address List even if there name doesn't start with the letter A? Thanks. Russ Put a few As in front of the name, like AARuss. -- Bob Burns Mill Hall PA "Russ Hromyko" <rhromyko@verizon.net> wrote in message news:m8Dae.1393$Yc.212@trnddc06... > When I open Outlook, then click on To, to create a new email, is there a > way > to have a particular users name listed first in the Global Address List > even > if there nam...

Use the same name on multiple sheets in same workbook
I am new to Excel 2002. In prior versions I could create sheet specific names easily. With Excel 2002 every time I try to re use a name on another sheet (same workbook) the name gets moved to the new sheet. I use several workbooks (one book for sales, one for cost of goods, etc), with 12 sheets named for each month of the year. Each sheet is a duplicate of the first. As the year progresses I fill in the data at the end of each month. In the past I used the same names(Gross.Sales for example) on each sheet in the workbook. I then can build monthly summary reports using these names...

Creating Names Problem
To create a name to represent cells or ranges, I usually just go to the NAME BOX (upper left corner where the row and column number is found) and simply type the name. Lately however, when I do that I always get a VBA error saying "Can't find project or library." The name is still assigned but getting this dialog box is such a hassle. How can I get rid of this? Thanks Gio Has your project got a subroutine with the name you're entering in the Name Box? -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Gio Bacareza" <gbacareza@ajonet.com> ...

Formula help *
Office 2007 I am trying to display in a cell the last value in a selected column. Numbers are added daily to this column but I need this specific cell to show the last entry at all times - any ideas or help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Bryan Sun, 10 Feb 2008 20:53:28 +0900 from JohnWA <j_ustforfun@hotmail>: > Office 2007 I am trying to display in a cell the last value in a selected > column. Numbers are added daily to this column but I need this specific cell > to show the last entry at all times - any ideas or help would be appreciated =OFFSET($A$1,COUNTA($...

This has been happening for some time now and I can't figure out if it's just a setting that I have. First of all I am not an exchange client. This is strictly a pop3 account that I have set up on my Outlook. When I do a reply all to a message, me being the sender gets added to the list in the to field and I get a copy of the message that I just replied to. There is an article listed on MS Support site only pertaining to exchange clients. Does anyone have any insights. It just gets kind of annoying having to delete myself everytime I do a reply to all. Thanks. which version of...

In 3 active sheets in wkbk, determine& display the # of sheets that have data
I am wking with potentially 3 active sheets in a wkbk i.e. anyone of them or all could have data or text entered in them at any time. This is an ever changing scenario as data is entered or deleted i.e. a sheet is filled and the next sheet receives the new data etc. Since I am able or only want to see one sheet at a time, it is necessary to see on the displayed sheet how many of the 3 sheets have data on them at anyone time and to display that # of sheets numerically on all 3 sheets as I move thru them. I guess most simply stated I would like to know when I am in sheet #1 whether 1sheet is...

Macro for summarizing multiple sheets
Hello all I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Each sheet is identically laid out (the only difference is the sheet name - cart1, cart2, etc). Each sheet represent the contents of a cart and the expiration date of applicable items. I would like to create a macro or function that will search each sheet in sequence and return on a summary sheet the following information: the name of the sheet and any of the items with expiration dates that are within 45 day of the current date. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated - see below for an example of the workbook ...

name box
Hallo, very basic question, but it is making me crazy. I've used the "name box" to label some cells. What is strange, I'm not more able to rename them or remove the "label".. Any trick I'm not aware of? thanks *pimar -- pimar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pimar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5386 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375030 Click on a cell that you have named Then click on Insert (on the menu bar) Choose Name > Defi...

If >0, count various codes in a range on another sheet
I have this formula in N37 =SUM(G37:M37)/5 If the above result is >0, I want to count the number of times a specific code(PQ) is in a specific range on another worksheet, and in cell N38, I'd like the result to be, if PQ occurs 2 times in that range, 2 PQ. And if not >0, then nothing. Something like. If N37>0, countif(data!A1:A7*PQ*,"") So the result in the sample would be 2 PQ A s s pq pq s s s Thanks Steve N38: =IF(N37>0,COUNTIF(data!A1:A7,"*PQ*"),"") HTH Bob "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft...

Book with 365 sheets??
I thought I would create a workbook that contains 365 sheets (one sheet for each day of the week) that will contain rows of daily numerical data. However, if my workbook has 365 tabs, wouldn't that seem a bit too clunky or ineffecient??? Does anybody have any design ideas for a single workbook that would contain/operate on 365 sheets which could cover an entire year period??? Thank you! What exactly do you hope to gain by having 365 sheets that a one worksheet (or maybe 12) couldn't accomplish with some pivot tables? -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Robe...

XL2007: Linked-labels reference is not copied with sheet
Dear group, when I link a chart's text-labels with cells, the formula in the label contains the sheet-name, e.g. =Mysheet!$A$1. In 2003 or below, I could duplicate the sheet inside the workbook by copying it. Now in 2007, the cell-references in the linked labels remain on the old sheet, they are not copied. Is there any better way but copying the sheet into a second workbook, renaming and then moving it back into first workbook? Thanks, Holger. Yeah, they broke this in 2007. It sounds very familiar, I'm sure I've reported it. I don't think there's a better way th...

Excel formulas #9
I need a formula to compute a final grade for a class when there are assignments missing. I also need to figure out what my target grade is using goalseek?? I need an if formula that displays TRUE if you are currently passing your class and FALSE if you are not. Any help would be appreciated. To help you we would probably need a bit more information from you - 1)how will you calculate the final grade? (EG Average of Assignments 1-10) 2)What grade/percentage dertines the pass grade Kind regards Paul Falla >-----Original Message----- >I need a formula to compute a final grade for ...

= if formula needed
good day all, i am trying to get this formual ie: =if(q80="closed",q1=now())i cant get it right. i have tried various variations of the formula.any help is appreciated. thx wyn -- wynb in you example is the cell you want updated "Q1"? If so than it should read =IF(Q80="closed",NOW()) -- Kevin "WYN" wrote: > good day all, i am trying to get this formual ie: =if(q80="closed",q1=now())i > cant get it right. i have tried various variations of the formula.any help is > appreciated. thx wyn > -- > wynb In that formula yo...

Simple If, Then formula for excel
Hi all, So I am fairly weak when it comes to Excel formulas, so I'm sure what I require is really simple, I just have no idea how to formulate it. Basically, I have a column of values, some of which are negative values and some are positive, but they are changing from month to month (i.e. accruals and prepayments). I need to add up all the negative values from the column in a new cell, and all the positive values in another. So it will be something like If amount>0 then add to cell, else add to other cell. So there you have it, really simple I just have no idea what to do. So i...

Excel Formula #8
I am trying to format spreadsheet. Need 3 counts. 1st count is for 90% and above =COUNTIF(H5:M16,">89.99"). Second count is for Under 80% =COUNTIF (H5:M16,"<79.99") . Can anyone help me with a formula for 3rd count, between 80% and 89.98? I can't seem to formulate it. Thanks in advance Hi Barb, Try =COUNT(H5:M16) - COUNTIF(H5:M16,">89.99") - COUNTIF(H5:M16,"<79.99") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Barb" <...

User Defined Function vs. Named formula
I have used Named Formulas and am now learning about User Defined Functions. One thing I found with named formulas is that the naming conventions around global/local selections. Reading about UDFs makes me think they might be a better option for a lot of my work. Any insight as to When to use one over the other will be appreciated. Thanks Robert IMO they are different beasts. A named formula would be used to shorten formulae by including a name rather than the sub-formula (especially where it is repeated), and to improve readability/maintainability, as the name would/should be meanin...

Table lookup using multiple qualifiers
I asked this question in a previous post but it kind of fizzled. I am trying to return values from a table using two qualifiers to obtain the data. A B C 1 SIZE LENGTH STRENGTH 2 .5 1/2 100 3 .5 3/4 150 4 .75 1/2 150 5 .75 3/4 200 Cell D6 is an input cell for "size" (Example = "1/2") Cell D7 is an input cell for "strength" (Example = "138" Cell D8 is the resultant lookup I want to do a vlookup(?) that finds the...

Field name alias does not stick
I am using Access 2003. I'm working with two tables and 2 queries: Table 1: "PM_Time" - standard Access table Table 2: "Lookup_PM" - Links to a sharepoint list Query 1: "Lookup_PM query" - combines table 2 with another table Query 2: "PM_Time_Lookup_PM_Query" - combines Query 1 and table 1 I have a field "Country" in both tables. in the second Query (PM_Time_Lookup_PM_Query), I've renamed the Country field in "Lookup_PM Query" as "Location of PM: Lookup_PM query.Country" This works fine for my reports, as...

inserting space between names in mail merge
When I put the first and last name in, their is no space. Is their an easy way to do it, rather than go back and edit the list and put a space? thanks bruce "Bruce Leavitt" <Notthis1@noidea.com> wrote in message news:OBd6VTGZJHA.1532@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > When I put the first and last name in, their is no space. Is their an easy > way to do it, rather than go back and edit the list and put a space? > thanks bruce > If the first and last names are in separate fields in your data file, it is easy to place a space in them. In the merge document, place a...

TAB name
How put tab Name in a cell ? One way: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) or this UDF: Public Function SheetName(Optional ByVal rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile If rng Is Nothing Then Set rng = Application.Caller SheetName = rng.Parent.Name End Function In article <02a401c3dd74$81548290$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How put tab Name in a cell ? =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filenam...

Defining a cell to name file
Is it possible to define a cell in which would become the name of the excel file. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "TimlmiT" <TimlmiT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52A5823E-2DC5-4AED-BCB1-297A977AE2AD@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to define a cell in which would become the name of the excel > file. ...

Print Excel Comment in the same sheet
Dear All, I have a 5 paged Excel file and on 2nd page I have a comment which I want to be printed on the bottom of 2nd page. But when I set the page properties as "print at the end of sheet", the comment is printed on a seperate sheet... Is there anything to solve this issue Regards/Fuad ...