lookup on Outlook contacts

I want to have a ceel with in a worksheet that users type in a name an
excel does alookup on my Outlook contacts and returns the email addres
is this possible

contacts in 2003
Is there a way to import a list of contacts into exchange 2003 like you could with 5.5? I have several hundred addresses that I need to create and was hoping I would not have to do it manually. Any suggestions? Nancy Stevens Nstevens@tycoint.com Into AD? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327620 "Nancy Stevens" <nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote in message news:%23IsuBl8BGHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to import a list of contacts into exchange 2003 like you > could with 5.5? I have several hundred addresses that I need to create > and was h...

Outlook TASKS
I have a user with outlook 2002 on our exchanger server. When they click on tasks. We get the error "Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." There is a check box to restart outlook after it closes I have reinstalled outlook 2002. I have copied the tasks folder to a *.pst and sent my self the *.pst to see if the tasks were corrupt. When I click on the tasks the tasks open up no problem. I don't know what to do next. Please some one help me Shallow Has your Exchange admin checked to see if your mailbox is corrupt? "...

Combine Duplicate Folders in Outlook 2002
I recently imported my Outlook folders onto another computer... I now have duplicate folders (i.e. Contacts, Inbox, etc. How do I combine them into 1 and delete the ones I don't need? Erik S. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently imported my Outlook folders onto another > computer... I now have duplicate folders (i.e. Contacts, > Inbox, etc. > How do I combine them into 1 and delete the ones I don't > need? Drag the items in the ones you don't want into the ones you do. Once done, close the PST you just emptied. Now you have one set....

outlook always default email application
Hi I use Outlook 2003 for my callender and OE6 for email Until a week ago, OE6 always remained the default email application unless I installed a patch or updated Outlook, at which time it would set itself as default. Fair enough. Last week I upgraded by BIOS (not sure if this is relevant, but just so you know) Now everytime I turn on Outlook, it becomes default mail programme. In options/ general, OE6 tells me it is not the default. Internet options lists Outlook as default But in Outlook/Options/other the default mail,calender,contacts box is not ticked. I change it all back and OE6 ...

Letter Writing Assistant selection based on Smart List Lookup
We had a great opportunity to use the letter writing assistance to send out a notice to any vendor used within the last 6 months. Using the smartlist lookup up we can see those vendors we have issued a check to based on Last Check date, but the Letter Writing Assistant only allows you to select ranges. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the ...

outlook 2003 and http email
Outlook's support for Http Email seems to be real bad. Is there no way of setting up rules within Outlook that checks what is delivered into a HTTP Inbox and runs the rules It's so annoying that I have to manually move all the messages Is there no way to import rules set in msn to outlook archiving does not work for http e-mails. Is there any kind of http-to-pop3 converter available? On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:01:11 +0530, "__jakal__" <jakal@jakal.com> wrote: >Outlook's support for Http Email seems to be real bad. >Is there no way of setting up ...

outlook 2000 embedded pictures
I am running XP with IE7. When I send an email with embedded pictures Outlook or something? removes the pictures and replaces them with a RED X in the box. The removed pictures go as attachments. any thoughts???? What version of Office Outlook? "hairbychemo" <MJKEELEYJR@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:1J0Ih.124148$5j1.117122@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... >I am running XP with IE7. > When I send an email with embedded pictures Outlook or something? removes > the pictures and replaces them with a RED X in the box. The removed > pictures go as ...

Help
My Regional Manager insists on things being perfect - need assistance with this problem. Working in Governemtn department - we have many users with unusal names and surnames - not common to standard dictionaries. My Rm wants to forward emails received with these peoples names in the original message - without outlook spell checking each of these names before sending. I have set up the email options under spelling - to ignore original message when forwarding - which it does but still spell checks the original message's recipients before sending. How do I set this up to exclude the n...

outlook macro security issue
Hi All, In my Outlook I have set security level Low. Even though I am unable to run macros in my outlook but I am able to run word and excel. When tryied to run a macro I am getting following message. I set secrurity level low using the menu Tools>Macros>security. "The macro in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentaion of host application to determine how to enable macros." Please help me with the solution. Thanks & Regards Ramesh -- ramserp After changin the security level you need to restart Outl...

Removing web access from outlook address bar
Is there a way to remove or restrict someone's access to the web from the address bar in outlook 2002? I have users who do not have IE priviledges but are able to slide the address bar over and type in a web address to get to websites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Can you block their web access at the firewall? Perhaps this is not a technical problem but rather a behavior problem. If these people are employees (or children) perhaps you need to create a policy that forbids them doing this along with some consequences for violating it. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, On...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Eliminating all of the little outlooks
I know that there is a program that will automatically shut down Outlook, for sync and backup purposes. I would like to know if there is any utility that will go one step further and inspect the Processes that are running and eliminate all of the instances of Outlook.exe that love to take up residence there. I swear the number of instances of Outlook that hibernate there are like the coat hangers in a closet... -- Rick A. Pleasanton CA If you have multiple instances of OUTLOOK.EXE running in processes, it's not shutting down properly. The most likely causes are: Antivirus ...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

Multiple emails for one contact in distribution list
I have created a group to send out bi-monthly emails from my personal email account. One of the people in the group would like to have the email sent to her work email and to her personal email. I have attempted to add both email addresses to the group, and initially it does. After syncing, however, the personal email disappears from the group list because it is not the primary email listed in the contact. Is there a way to include both email addresses without creating a separate contact for just the personal email? I am running Outlook 2010 beta. My email is through Hotmai...

Help
Hi, i need to define a server side rule, which will copy attachments from received mails locally on PC/server. Any idea, scripts, anything? Tnx! Seems like ftp would be more appropriate than e-mail. But if you insist http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=1773&query=event+sink+attachments&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a&x=18&y=11 HrVOjE wrote: > Hi, > > i need to define a server side rule, which will copy attachments from > received mails locally on PC/ser...

How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross mu.
How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross multiple user ids on a computer Krishna <Krishna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross > multiple user ids on a computer You can't. Each user ID will have its own profile, sicne profile information is kept in the registry in a user-specific area. However, you can certainly reference the same message store within each profile. For POP accounts, just put the PST somewhere in the Shared Documents hierarchy and point to it within each profile. -- B...

Outlook 2000 Tracking Tab
I don't have tracking tabs. I can't find any online help. It tells me were the tab should be, but when I pull up the sent email, no tabs at all. I do have receipts requested, thus I think I should have tracking. Would appreciate anyones help. Thanks. ...

How can I see which lists a contact is a member of?
Hello, In Outlook 2007, is there a way to see which distribution lists a contact is a member of? We have lots of lists. We want to be sure that if we delete a contact in a group, instead of just removing it from the group, that the contact doesn't exist in other groups as well. Even a way to export to Excel would be ok, if there's nothing else. Thanks, - Alan. The following macro in Outlook will list all the distribution lists containing the name you enter into the dialog box in a Word document Sub ListNames() Dim wdApp As Word.Application Dim wdDoc As Word.Document Dim myNameSp...

can not delete in outlook
When I try to delete anything out of outlook i get the following errror The messaging interface have returned an unknown error. If problem presists restart outlook Sam wrote: > When I try to delete anything out of outlook i get the > following errror > > The messaging interface have returned an unknown error. > If problem presists restart outlook OL2000: Error Message: The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275186 -- G�rard gj.oomens@somso.demon.nl ...

Outlook 2003
Getting "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persits, restart Outlook." when attempting to forward, send or reply, using Outlook 2003. Restarting does not help. If you delete the NT Profile the problem goes away for a few days and then returns. We have also tried "Detect and repair" and Uninstall / re-install without good results. Only replacing the NT Profile seems to have an impact. Help! ...

OutLook 2003 Calendar
i am trying to set the starting day of the week to sunday, but cannot do it. I have gone to TOOLS/options/Calendar options and selected sunday as the starting day in both the ckeck boxesand the dropdown menu, but no Luck I have selected any other day of the eekand the will show as first day of week, but not sunday? any suggestions What calendar view are you using? If the monthly calendar view, you need to uncompress weekend days to have Sunday show as the first day of the week. View->Current View->Customize Current View->Other Settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] P...

Outlook IMAP Error
I'm getting the following intermittent error when Outlook tries to receive mail from an IMAP server: Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on <email address>.' reported error (0x8004DF0B) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account <email address>. Error: The connection to the server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' We are on a wired LAN, and ...

Calendar issues with Outlook Connector
Hello- Any help would be appreciated on this one- Is there a way to utilize Outlook Connector SOLELY for email (i.e., Hotmail), without it adding another Calendar profile, etc.? I utilize the seperate "Calendar in Personal Folder" for all my calendar needs. When I load Outlook Connector and add my Hotmail account, Outlook automatically sets a new, blank Calendar as the default. Aside from it being an annoyance, when I try to set a new appointment with a reminder in my "Calendar in Personal Folder", I get an error message that "The reminder for ___ will not a...

Outlook Connector Plugin is Inactive
I have installed the Outlook Connector on both my laptop and desktop. The laptop works just fine with three MSN email accounts. The desktop, however, is not working at all. It shows the "COM Add-in for Microsoft Outlook Connector" as inactive and when I go to "Manage COM Add-ins", the connector is not checked and it says there was a runtime error loading it. I tried to check it, but as soon as I return to that location the check mark has disappeared. The Outlook menu does not show the additional Outlook Connector menu that is on the laptop. Both machines are r...

Windows Live Mssenger contacts
This happened just a few weeks ago. I signed in my WLM, the latest one, with MSN PLus and MSN Discovery, and instead of showing my contacts offline contacts nicknames, it shows their email. This never happened even after I had installed MSN Discovery and MSN Plus, which was in October-November 2009. Greetings Mark, This will happen if the local cached store of Messenger data has been removed. They will once again show properly when they appear online (so it can retrieve the display name again) and continue to appear when they're offline. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MV...