Lookup function on the web

Can I use excel to perform lookups on the internet?  I am a teacher and
want to have students log onto my website and punch in their ID number
and get a progress report for only them.  Will this work with excel?
Thanks for any replies.

--
CJ-22
CJ-22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17551

Hi,

I am not sure if you want to perform lookup from website to excel or vice
versa - if so, you can use Web Query to import data to Excel worksheet and
then do a lookup.

--
Best regards,
Peter Jaušovec

"CJ-22" wrote:

> Can I use excel to perform lookups on the internet?  I am a teacher and
> want to have students log onto my website and punch in their ID number
> and get a progress report for only them.  Will this work with excel?
> Thanks for any replies.
>

> --
> CJ-22
> CJ-22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17551
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483938

I want my students to be able to type in their ID number online and ge
a printable progress report.  I want to use the lookup function so tha
students can only view the progress report that is associated with thei
ID number and no one elses.  I have heard this is possible but do no
know how to do it.  Can someone point me in the right direction

--
CJ-2
CJ-22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1755
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48393

Access to web page for OFX Driver for Money 98
When a file is downloaded from my financial Inst. in the ofx format money 98 says need a file update and askes you to launch your browser to the following web page http://www.microsoft.com/money/ofx This page however is never available for viewing. I have yet to be able to access this page to gain access to the driver needed to fix money 98 to import the ofx files. Any suggestions??? "Ken O'Dell" <kdodell@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:045c01c340d3$5abcb6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When a file is downloaded from my financial Inst. in the > ofx format money 98...

Entourage 2008
I just upgraded to Entourage 2008 and am missing my "resend" button for emails - is there any way to get a "resend" button to appear in the toolbar with the Forward, Reply, etc. like it used to in Entourage 2004? Mike On 2010-01-13 07:01:58 -0500, Michael Levin said: > I just upgraded to Entourage 2008 and am missing my "resend" button for > emails - is there any way to get a "resend" button to appear in the toolbar > with the Forward, Reply, etc. like it used to in Entourage 2004? There is unfortunately no button, and by defaul...

How to add Custom Lookups
Hello all, I am working on an custom integration to CRM. I desperately need the option of allowing the users to select a value from a custom lookup. unfortunately, the pickuplist option only allows the items to be manually maniplated using the forms customization. I need an option to feed in the data thru api or some other means. comments!! If we manipulate the xsl files and add any customizations drectly then it will be overwritten the next time we publish any changes. By customization I mean, for ex:adding a button on to the form. Any other suggestions. regards rojer You de...

Lookup value off by one row
Hi, Any help you can provide on this would be appreciated. I have a worksheet that identifies how far a number is from target. I created the lookup below to coorespond to the productivity increase for next year. =LOOKUP(C4,LookUpValues!$A$1:$A$402,LookUpValues!$B$1:$B$402) C4 is -10.9, in the lookupValues tab -10.9 is in row 93 column A as is the desired result return of 5.6 in column b, however the lookup function is returning 5.7. The issue may be that the data and the lookupValues tab numbers are not exactly the same. -10.90001 and -10.9004 may display the same, but w...

Lookup on custom entity without relationship
First,I will show existing out-of-the-box sample in MS CRM3: Address entity is in relation to account M:1.When I stay on order entity and press on lookup addresses I get result filtered only for account selected in order. Order there is no relation to address entity. My problem: I created new CustomEntity1 with relationship to Account 1:M. Now, I want to add to Order field from CustomEntity1, filtered only by currently selected in order Account.If I add relationship CustomEntity1->Order, I think, I will get in lookup all CustomEntity1 records without filter by order account. Please help ASA...

outlook web access #38
When I click on the address book icon in Outlook for Web 2003 it i empty. However if I type in a name on the search function th information on the individual appears from the global address book. Ho can I get the global address book to show all entries when it is evoke from outlook for web as it does for outlook 2003 locally. Also I ca only see the last 25 emails when I check email from outlook for web. I there any way to display all emails in the in-box. I appreciate an help I canget ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and po...

Mode function
Hi, I'm using the following expression to return the mode of a list of numbers: =IF(H1028="","",MODE(H1028:H1031)) If the four checked cells all have values but there's no two values the same (i.e. no mode) what I need is an expression that will return me a default value of 2 rather than the #N/A error value. Thanks for looking, Steve. =IF(ISERROR(MODE(A1028:A31)),2,MODE(A1028:A31)) Regards, Stefi „Struggling in Sheffield” ezt írta: > Hi, > I'm using the following expression to return the mode of a list of numbers: > > =IF(H1028="...

Getting Excel to return Hiragana using code/char functions
I have a Japanese computer which does this perfectly, but when I tried to use the worksheet on an English computer with Japanese language enabled, it only came up with errors. The code it was returning for the Japanese characters was much to low & putting in higher codes meant it didn`t recognise it. What can I do to make it work? ...

Synchronization problem with Outlook Web Access
A few weeks ago we had some problem with our servers, and we reinstalled everything, but we restored the exchange database. Now I have a problem with some old calendar items. They generating reminders in Outlook Web Access, and they are visible there, however I cannot delete them. Using Office Outlook these items are not visible, as if they are non-existing. How can I solve this issue? ...

display ratios as written in web query
I am using a web query to display data about screen contrasts, all written with the formatting of "700:1" or "3000:1" It displays corectly in the edit web query window, but everything I try to make it display as delivered fails. I tried text, custom formats with @ etc, but it seems to insist on doing the calculation before turning it back to text, or as a ratio it does the division. (The text formatting for this works OK if I type directly into the spread sheet) Is there a way to make a web query display as written? Any help appreciated. Keith ...

DNS issues, reverse lookup, MX records
Hello, I've done some searching in the groups, but I'd like to pose a specific scenario. We are getting these errors: #4.7.1 smtp;450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your reverse hostname, This is the situation. Our domain name is registered with network solutions. Our website is hosted with Yahoo on a business account. Yahoo used to host our email as well. Recently we put in a local SBS 2003 server to host our Exchange locally. Originally our Network solutions account had all DNS pointing to Yahoo's name servers, as it should have. We wanted to switch the MX reco...

How to automatically allow JavaScript but NOT (other) ActiveX execution on web pages?
When I visit web pages with embedded JavaScript then currently always a yellow bar at the top of the browser window appears telling me something about ActiveX and security risks. Ok, I can click manually on a submenu and allow the execution. But this is somehow annoying on the long run. How EXACTLY can I always automatically allow JavaScript scripts BUT NO OTHER ActiveX component execution? Is this possible at all or are the permissions undividable linked together? Brian ...

Outlook Web Access Error #2
We have a front end / back end Exchange 2003 setup. When some users log into OWA they receive a you are not authorized to view this page error. As soon as they refresh their browser window, their mailbox shows up. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike We've had this as well and apparently that happens when the password is about to expire. After changing the password, this doesn't happen anymore. I found no solution for this. "Mike Fefferman" <fefferman@news.org> wrote in message news:%23S6NpdkLFHA.1096@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We have a front end / back end Exchange 20...

Help with countif function..
worksheet with 3 sheets, want information from sheet 3 to show in a countif cell on sheet 1. New to this and can not make it work somehow. Trying to get a count on information containing the word "clerk". Column with information on sheet 3 contains text with various different combination containing the word clerk. Does this make a difference? Should I not be able to put various different clerks in the function to change the count on sheet 1? Any suggestions I keep getting a 0 for an answer when the cell range on sheet 3 contains over 9 incidences of the word clerk. Try this: ...

Publishing 2007 Reports To The Web
I am getting ready to create a runtime version of a program created for my employer. I created it using 2003 but will convert it to 2007 and use the runtime components for that process. 2003 had the Data Access Pages and I know that 2007 does not. We do have a web site and I would like to publish reports from Access 2007 to the web so our participants can view these. What would be the best method to accomplish this? Thank you for any help. On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:11:01 -0800, Arturo <Arturo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: One option is to save them as PDF (DoCmd.O...

Report call times out when called through web service but not through Report Manager
Hello all, I have a Reporting Services report that runs fine when I run it from Visual Studio. It also runs fine from Report Manager. However, when I run it from an .aspx page named RSRenderReport.aspx, I get a timeout error after about 100 seconds. I have set the following: In the web.config: <httpRuntime executionTimeout="300" maxRequestLength="300000" /> In the code behind, RSRenderReport.aspx.vb: Dim objRS As New ReportingService.ReportExecutionService objRS.Timeout = -1 The error returned is: ****BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE***** Mess...

NEED ALL FUNCTIONS BY SIZE (LIQUOR-WINE BUSINESS)
i am in the liquor business and everything we do is by SIZE. it would be great to have a data base field for Size. track sales by size discount formula by size( if x size and x quantity then % discount) etc. or is there a way to do this i am not aware of? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Same class file for Win and Web
Hi I've a very simple class file with a number of static methods that I need to call from both a Windows app and a Web app. I dont want to build seperate dll's for these projects. The code should just be a part each project. I've tried in studio to add the .cs file to each project but instead of a reference to the same file the .cs file is copied to each project directory. Any help would be appreciated,- thanks. Peter Hello, > I dont want to build seperate dll's for these projects. The code should > just be a part each project. I've tri...

web access
Hello, I'm currently running an Active Directory 2003 domain with Exchange 2003. When clients access their emails via Web Access, they are not seeing any emails in only a few folders that they have created. Emails are in the folder if accessed through Outlook but not Web Access. Any Ideas? Thank In Advance... Sam They're not delivering mail to a PST are they? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "mr S" <mrS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD348774-CE0C-4437-9B9D-EFA8A698DC6C@microsoft.com.....

How to link sheets/cells over web
So the questions is as follows: I have a loads of different excel workbooks which are linked to on "total"sheet that gathers the information from all sheets. Now I hav to store them into a web folder and I can't link them the way I hav linked them now. Now the formula is like this 'C:\=[Book2.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1. And now when I put them to this we folder every workbook get its own http address and I should someho change the path C:\... with web address. Is it possible and how? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTi...

Index Function Problem
I need a function that will return all information for "truck 1" on another worksheet. The information below is an example of information on my worksheet. I need a function that will search the data and return all instances of "truck 1" on a separate worksheet. B C D E F Grade Mill Driver Weight Rate 1 ZONE 2 BATSON WILSON 25.00 2 ZONE 3 CAMDEN TROY 26.00 3 ZONE 4 CLW TRUCK 1 27.00 ...

Lookup query value from Form
Hello. I have a form that I would like to lookup values in several taxt boxes. The values I want displayed are from several different Sum Queries. Example: I want to pull Total Working Blance from a query and monthly rent revenue from another query. The values all come from different tables. Is this possible? Thanks for the help. you can use a DLookup() function to retrieve the queries' values. read up on the function in Access Help, so you'll understand how it works. then add an expression to each textbox control's ControlSource property, as =DLookup("MyField", ...

Outlook Client functions
I installed the CRM Server and it appears to be working. I just installed the first PC with the CRM Sales for Outlook. I can't tell what was installed. Other than it showing up in my add and remove programs, I have no evidence that it's been installed. Can someone tell me what I should be seeing if it installed and is working correctly? I found a KB article that told me to remove and re-add the COM Add-in. But that didn't seem to change anything. Thanks, Gary If you received the 'completion' message after the SFOC was installed (and you can see it in add/rem...

Lookup / Array Range / find the value
I have seen similiar examples but not that were not using exact matches to retrieve data. This seems simple and maybe I am over thinking but I have been unable to crack this nut. I have a table where the first tier sales runs between 0 and 20k and awards 1K commission. I want to be able to enter the salse result for various team members and obtain the correct commission amount based on their sales for the period. How should I complete the commission formula for this process? Sales Value Start Sales Value Stop Commission $0 $20,000 $1,000.00 $...

Function to find hyperlink URL
Hi, Is there function to return URL of hyperlink? I don't want to use macros. I'm using Excel 2000 Thanks in advance Nikola Milic >>Is there function to return URL of hyperlink? A worksheet function? Afraid not. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP But you could write your own (a userdefined function). I used ctrl-K (insert|Hyperlink) to create the link: Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile Set Rng = Rng(1) If Rng.Hyperlinks.Count = 0 Then GetURL = "" Else GetURL = Rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address ...